Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man U win premier League
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
BRKS
Man U just beat Wigan 2-0 to finish on 87 points while Chelsea drawn against Bolton 1-1, 85 points (Late minuite equaliser).

BTW if the League finishes on 2 or more teams on equal points, does anyone think they should play each other instead of winning on goal difference?

MAN U ARE FUCKING GAY!
Pieface
QUOTE(BRKS @ May 11 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1434084[/snapback]
Man U just beat Wigan 2-0 to finish on 87 points while Chelsea drawn against Bolton 1-1, 85 points (Late minuite equaliser).

BTW if the League finishes on 2 or more teams on equal points, does anyone think they should play each other instead of winning on goal difference?

MAN U ARE FUCKING GAY!

No... Just because Chelsea couldn't beat Bolton and we scored more doesn't mean Oh lets throw away the goal difference because Man Utd worked hard on their defence and Chelsea couldn't score.
Zeus
Despite myself hating Man U I think they are the better team. They are much more entertaining to watch than chelsea or any other team, solely because of Ronaldo.

I don't think teams should play each other because the goal difference does say an awful lot, you must be a good team to score a significant amount of goals.
Pez
QUOTE(BRKS @ May 11 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1434084[/snapback]

MAN U ARE FUCKING GAY!

woooooo!
Fuck ye all! thumbup.gif
Mekstizzle
Chelsea couldn't even beat Bolton at home when they at least needed to win, that's pathetic. About your goal difference argument, e.g: if one team wins 3 games: 5-0, 4-1, 3-0 and another wins their games 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2. It's common sense that the first team should be placed higher.

It's not a knockout tournament, it's a league. That is, the best out of 38 games win. Utd were better than Chelsea over 38 games. That's how it works. Now you guys should forget about it, and realise you're still in it to win the Champions League
AfonsoAlves
"No... Just because Chelsea couldn't beat Bolton and we scored more doesn't mean Oh lets throw away the goal difference because Man Utd worked hard on their defence and Chelsea couldn't score."

Good point, it's like whats the point in scoring 8, thats 8 in one game if it isnt goin to mean anything. Thats 8 by the way

Edit: Eight
Pez
QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ May 11 2008, 06:52 PM) [snapback]1434119[/snapback]
Chelsea couldn't even beat Bolton at home when they at least needed to win, that's pathetic. About your goal difference argument, e.g: if one team wins 3 games: 5-0, 4-1, 3-0 and another wins their games 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2. It's common sense that the first team should be placed higher.

It's not a knockout tournament, it's a league. That is, the best out of 38 games win. Utd were better than Chelsea over 38 games. That's how it works. Now you guys should forget about it, and realise you're still in it to win the Champions League

Man utd, will hopefully win that to mek! biggrin.gif thumbup.gif
Takedown
HAHA Man utd have been the better team this season but a thought scholes was lucky to be on the pitch and wigan could have had 2 pens ohmy.gif well done to them but smile.gif CMON THE GERS biggrin.gif
Intake
Goal difference probably should count, like my man Alves up there said there would be no point in raping teams 5,6,7- 0 if there was no reward, at the same time it is highly subjective to how a team is playing at any time in the season (eg. Man U playing Newcastle when they were playing awfully and stuffing them 6-0 - having said that as the old cliche about reffing decissions goes: ''these things tend to even themseves out''.

As it is goal difference didn't matter, and I could see Chelsea throwing away that 1 goal lead a mile off. I was at the Wigan game where Heskey scored against us in the last minute and I could see that one coming too, obviously Grant hasn't learnt (you do not take off Joe Cole for Mikel when we don't have JT or Carvalho in defence because we were gunna struggle to hold on and would have been better suited to keep the ball in their half). As it was Man U won so Grant can smile and say we gave it a go and we have Moscow to look forward to, if Man U had drawn or lost he would've been fucking lynched for that result.
The_Technician
i think this just proves that Man Utd are better than chelsea

and Drogba got sent off for slapping Vidic...what a woman...
Pieface
Good job bumping wink.gif

Anyway I went to Old Trafford last week and ot to hold both the Premiership and Champion sleague Trophys, got a Photo aswell, but no scanner =[
Ophis-
Im a huge man u supporter, but i wouldnt state "man u are better" For this season they were though.

Chelsea are not a bad team and Man U were lucky to win in europe... but never the less, a win is a win and the only problem i have with Chelsea as a team and SOME of their fans are the bitching and moaning ON and OFF the pitch... Utd were like this once.. running over to mug the referee etc.. we grew out of it. Chelsea need to grow up sometimes!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.