Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Have You Noticed?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
BioSphere
There's a couple things worth mentioning about what i've noticed.
If you pick up Little Jacob, and have both front windows broken out, his smoke from his pot will flow out of the windows.
If you have the strippers dance for you, have her dance 2 more times for you and 2 strippers will dance at the same time...

If you found anything worth mentioning do tell..

Edit: I just noticed something.. And its really worth mentioning, and you may have not known about this.

When the cops are after you, if they can't see you or notice where you're going, your stars are gray, but if they see can see you or aim at you or know where you're going they are white.. I Just noticed this and think its a really cool feature.
§ynch
QUOTE(BioSphere @ May 9 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1433350[/snapback]
If you pick up Little Jacob, and have both front windows broken out, his smoke from his pot will flow out of the windows.
If you have the strippers dance for you, have her dance 2 more times for you and 2 strippers will dance at the same time...

....and for that^ reason....
Jacob has mentioned on missions, *please* leave the windows rolled up. smile.gif

Not only has he tried to get Niko high on many an occasion,
but the conversation about Badman is priceless.
Niko: you smoke plenty, and it doesn't affect you in that way....

The chick in the TW@ Internet Cafe is SO right for Niko to date.
Cartoon Serbian love- oh yeah, it's real, it's damn real.
Swiift
wow, i never knew about little jacob smoking pot if you ever smash the windows. But i have done the thing where if you pay 3 times you get 2 women for a lapdance.

Finally shouldn't this be in hints and finds forum?
Pez
spent like 10k on strippers XD.png
BioSphere
Another thing i just found is that if you kill someone that had a gun in your save spot and their gun is laying there, if you save the game. Each time you load it, the gun will be there.
Indy
I noticed that when you change the radio channel, Niko moves over to do it.
BioSphere
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ May 10 2008, 07:41 AM) [snapback]1433467[/snapback]

He also puts his hand on the horn when you honk the horn
Pez
QUOTE(BioSphere @ May 10 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]1433451[/snapback]
Another thing i just found is that if you kill someone that had a gun in your save spot and their gun is laying there, if you save the game. Each time you load it, the gun will be there.

its most likely gonna be a pistol so there is no point? smile.gif
Saint Bill
One thing I noticed, If you load an autosave right after Niko beats a mission, it will start you back at a nearby safehouse, saving you the trip of driving or taking a cab.
Intake
QUOTE(BioSphere @ May 10 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]1433468[/snapback]

But doesn't turn the wheel as you steer the car!
Albo
Yeah Jacob has wanted to hotbox the car when I was driving with him on a mission.I can't even remember anything =l I'll get back at
it and post it.
Indy
QUOTE(Intake @ May 10 2008, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1433552[/snapback]
QUOTE(BioSphere @ May 10 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]1433468[/snapback]

But doesn't turn the wheel as you steer the car!

He does steer. But sometimes it's not as responsive.
Pez
and when he reverses he also looks back smile.gif
smart man wink.gif
crazyturkey
Heck he even grabs his balls when you dont move him for a while.....
Gutbomb
I noticed that cops will pull over NPCs and look as though they are talking to them. Standing by the motorist's window. Then the cop will casually walk to his patrol car, and then both drivers will take off like a bat out of hell. Crashing into anything in their way.... like Little Jacob.... buts its still a cool little detail.
tweeker
if a another pedestrian starts attacking you in front of the cops, they will arrest him.
aussie_b8ler
i know this works for sure online, not too sure about single player......

if your car is damaged and you drive it into one of those floating health box things (marked with a "+" on the map), it repairs your car.

i found this really helpfull so i thought i would share.

Saint Bill
QUOTE(J~D @ May 10 2008, 04:09 PM) [snapback]1433759[/snapback]

if your car is damaged and you drive it into one of those floating health box things (marked with a "+" on the map), it repairs your car.

Did that work for you in deathmatch, too? I remember doing it in the racing modes, but I haven't tested it in other modes.
§ynch
QUOTE(Gutbomb @ May 10 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1433757[/snapback]
I noticed that cops will pull over NPCs and look as though they are talking to them. Standing by the motorist's window. Then the cop will casually walk to his patrol car, and then both drivers will take off like a bat out of hell. Crashing into anything in their way.... like Little Jacob.... buts its still a cool little detail.

The cops and pedestrian inter-action is amazing this time around.
Not only do the cops bust the peds attacking Niko, but if you notice,
you can see random foot chases and arrests, ending in a squad car
pulling up, and the cop walking the ped to the back seat.
Hands up, opens back door, gets in. That's really cool.

Also an interesting pedestrian activity is that you can see
them working under the hood of a car. Smoking engine.
Seen this as well as one rummaging around through the trunk.

Nec
I agree completely. The cop/ped interactions are great. The shapes and sizes of the peds is very broad. A ton of diversity between them all. It is nice not seeing the same old peds constantly. I think the most redundant one so far is the homeless guy with the sign.
The_Technician
Not only do cops arrest some peds by handcuffing them and putting them in the back of the car, but they sometimes frisk people as well, and concerned people on the street watch...
aussie_b8ler
QUOTE(Saint Bill @ May 11 2008, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1433813[/snapback]
QUOTE(J~D @ May 10 2008, 04:09 PM) [snapback]1433759[/snapback]

Did that work for you in deathmatch, too? I remember doing it in the racing modes, but I haven't tested it in other modes.

i have only done it in free roam.
BioSphere
If you kill someone when people are around, search for a guy or girl that pulls out their phone to call the police and kill them too and the police wont come!.. i think its sweet.
mattyg
I attempted a missions later in the game and I was in a shootout...but in good cover...and seeing as it was outdoors, I called 911 and asked for the police. A cop came and joined IN the shootout...taking cover next to me by the car lmao...I didn't shoot cause I was afraid he'd turn on me...but I let him go until he killed 2 men and he got killed...very cool.
Gutbomb
Peds can be set on fire from burning cars and explosions. Then they start running around(unless they are dead) and if they run into another ped they go up in flames too. Awesome.

Also, I hit another car head on and it killed the other driver. I was driving a contender.
Kuwong
I noticed if you slow down to a toll booth with police sirens (probably any emergency vehicle) you don't need to pay. I'm sure you do pay in a police car if the sirens off. Nifty way to save $5 there. tongue.gif
GtaKing343.
theres a mission when u get to use a cop car and stop truck to pull over i tried doing that but i guess dats one thing u cant do

off mission
mattyg
No, you CAN stop cars with the sirens and they will pull over...just you can't do that whole cutscene jig again...like asking whats in the car or asking them to get out
NIGGALICIOUS
There are multiple versions of the same cars

Calvalcade with Gold rims, and one with Chrome

Sabre GT

one has hood pins and 2 vents on the hood
one has a flat regular hood
one has a triangle shaped hood scoop

the beat up Sabre. some have single exhaust, some dual exhaust, some have messed up hanging exhaust, some have side pipes on both sides, some have only 1 side pipe, red interior, tan, and black

some peds wear the same shirt but have different faces or other different features

if you shoot glass or shoot up a car the bullet holes eventually disapear

some random ped by romans taxi place gives you $100

i gave a bum money

peds hanging from door handles when u steal a car and they try to get it back, but you can hang too if u try to steal a car and u must press triangle (ps3) to let go so u dont get dragged to death lol

u can get 3 cars at the safe house in bohan (all others it disapears for some reason) you leave the front car half way in, put a car in the middle and leave another car hanging out behind it. it usually works, try it

lunasea
QUOTE(Kuwong @ May 11 2008, 10:58 PM) [snapback]1434244[/snapback]
I noticed if you slow down to a toll booth with police sirens (probably any emergency vehicle) you don't need to pay. I'm sure you do pay in a police car if the sirens off. Nifty way to save $5 there. tongue.gif

also if your on a bike you can go around the toll boths to the right if your flowing with the traffic theres a tiny gap.
or if your realy up for a laugh try doing a 2 wheel stunt with a car getting through the gap i tryed once with a sabre but it was hopeless.
glowworm
carmen loves the strip club. jawdrop.gif
Canadianbacon123
spraying people's cars when ur in the firetruck pisses them off and they chase u
Not a Stain On Me
QUOTE(mattyg @ May 11 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1434190[/snapback]
I attempted a missions later in the game and I was in a shootout...but in good cover...and seeing as it was outdoors, I called 911 and asked for the police. A cop came and joined IN the shootout...taking cover next to me by the car lmao...I didn't shoot cause I was afraid he'd turn on me...but I let him go until he killed 2 men and he got killed...very cool.

I'll have to try that, sound pretty cool. I noticed that you can die when a street light falls on you. Didn't really expect that
§ynch
QUOTE(Kuwong @ May 11 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1434244[/snapback]

For the west bridge from Broker to Bohan:
You can always take the off ramp, go to the area below the bridge,
and come back up on the on ramp past the tollbooth.

Has anyone taken a bike on the skate bowl? PCJ / NRG ....
That is wicked fun. Also another M4/M16 really close by there.
While the stunting is different this time around, it's great to tax your ability.

I keep running into warehouses. apartments, and crack houses loaded with spawns.
Usually these places turn up in storyline missions later.
Found a crack house tonight with a shotgun, AK-47, health kit, and a pigeon.
In that one place it looks like ALL the graffitti in the game is replicated over and over.

The first safe house back in Broker, which has the Vic Vance / Claude / Tommy
graffitti on the wall, that patch of art is also completely replicated in one of
Playboy's missions, on a wall in an apartment complex.

Unlike CJ's exo-skeleton, Niko is hollow. If you adjust the camera under him,
you can see his empty body, but the head has round eyeballs and the 5:00 shadow.
After I panned away, looking at Niko's face his eyes look around, pretty realistic.
M@2me
lol just opened the door 2 my comet nd noticed the internal lights come on
Ap0calypse
two things firstly after driving quite fast i narrowly avoided a pedestrian who jumped back and his wig came off.That was cool
Plus whilst looking for a boat to go to algonquin in north bohan i found a beach with a bit of a cliff with a copper just starring at the cliff,i walked closer and there was someone who had committed suicide lying there
Anton
anyone found the Sultan RS yet? it spawns behind that house where you leave the heroin for someone in the bushes. nowhere else, it has spoilers, red brake discs and does a pshhhh noise when you change gear to release the oxygen build up and make it go faster.

i think there are some vids on youtube on where to find it
Tyla
If you check the plates of a Ruiner, it says ''Imponite, ruining imports since '67''

There's a few variants of different cars, so far i've found a Sentinel XS and a Primo V8 supercharged aswell as the Sultan RS

QUOTE(§ynch)
The first safe house back in Broker, which has the Vic Vance / Claude / Tommy
graffitti on the wall, that patch of art is also completely replicated in one of
Playboy's missions, on a wall in an apartment complex.

In the mission ''Shadow'', you can find it again on a stairwell, it also includes ''Toni'' with a heart replacing the o
lunasea
QUOTE(Anton @ May 13 2008, 01:23 PM) [snapback]1434958[/snapback]
anyone found the Sultan RS yet? it spawns behind that house where you leave the heroin for someone in the bushes. nowhere else, it has spoilers, red brake discs and does a pshhhh noise when you change gear to release the oxygen build up and make it go faster.

yes loads of people have found it and your wrong the Tish sound is the Dump valve which would be on a turbo on a tuned car.
releasing all the hot gasses so it allows the turbo to slow down quicker with engine revs.
on the plus side they didnt make the car sound like one LONG LOUD FART. as some exhausts sound.
tweeker
actually a dump/blowoff valve is usually only added to a car for the people who like the sound of it. Every car with a turbo, tuned or not has some sort of dump/blowoff valve, even stock ones. Also why would they want the turbo to slow down, if anything you would want increased spool. There is really no reason to buy an aftermarket blow off valve unless you like the sound.
glowworm
last night i was doing a mission and taking some guys out with the sniper rifle, i was scaning the scene and noticed a guy up on the telephone pole working on the wires. never even crossed my mind that they'd have characters doing that, makes me wonder what else i've missed by not looking up.

that being said, i think it would be pretty cool if they had peds commit suicide by jumping from sky scrapers. how sweet would it be if you're walking around star junction, then all the sudden you hear a scream and then SPLAT, dead guy.
GTA Juggalo
I've noticed a taxi driver throwing a coffee cup out the window of his car.
The Foo
If you time it right. You can open your car door and have a passing car tear it off. really funny.
FrankCastle
They did put a lot of detail into the game although they missed some obvious ones too. People walk around with umbrellas when it rains and they cover their heads... great. But why don't cars have wipers?

Also, what happened to the fuel doors on the cars they used to have in SA. I would aim for it when I needed a quick explosion. Why did they not include the fuel doors?
neko_ceko
QUOTE(FrankCastle @ May 14 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]1435709[/snapback]
They did put a lot of detail into the game although they missed some obvious ones too. People walk around with umbrellas when it rains and they cover their heads... great. But why don't cars have wipers?

Also, what happened to the fuel doors on the cars they used to have in SA. I would aim for it when I needed a quick explosion. Why did they not include the fuel doors?

Well in real life when you shoot your gun at car Fuel doors, or if you shoot its fuel tank, car won't explode.
FrankCastle
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 14 2008, 11:25 AM) [snapback]1435712[/snapback]
QUOTE(FrankCastle @ May 14 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]1435709[/snapback]

Well in real life when you shoot your gun at car Fuel doors, or if you shoot its fuel tank, car won't explode.

That's true, if the tank has gas in it the car is less likely to explode. Cars are more likely to explode when they have an empty tank with only fumes in it. I still think they should have kept the fuel doors on the cars and just left out the explosions. It's a minor detail that adds more to the realism.
neko_ceko
Yea well...
Nec
You can blow up cop cars that way, but those are the only ones I think.
BioSphere
I just noticed something.. And its really worth mentioning, and you may have not known about this.

When the cops are after you, if they can't see you or notice where you're going, your stars are gray, but if they see can see you or aim at you or know where you're going they are white.. I Just noticed this and think its a really cool feature.
sirgraham
The Mr. & Mrs. Smith maneuver

I figured out a really cool thing for driving and shooting.. I call it the Mr.&Mrs. Smith....
While your driving at a good speed,, and you have someone chasing you.. break out your window..
Then hit the E brake and steer left....once you start to slide to the left, hit the reverse ( left trigger), and steer right. You should have done a 180. hold the reverse button in and click the right stick to aim your view to the fron of the car.. Then start shooting at the person chasing you. Then just spin it back,, Steer to the right, then slam the accelerator, and correct the steering. It takes some practice,, and its mostly for style,, but its fun to do.. I think it makes it easier to hit your target if they are behind you.

QUOTE(Anton @ May 13 2008, 08:23 AM) [snapback]1434958[/snapback]

I found the RS While driving on my way to a race... I found two accually.. I park both outside a safe house ,, then i used them and smashed them thinking they were a common car.... I wonder why i found one on the streets and no one else has. Or have they?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.