Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Petition for GTA VC
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
deejay
i dont think any gta game apart from 4 captured me the way Vice City did and im just hoping the GTA game will be in the city everyone would love to hate. just remember these memories and think how this game would look on the new RAGE ingine. GTA 4 was kinda too dark for me, but watch these videos and remember the days with the sun was bright and the beaches sparked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FRa3391XQ&NR=1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MpmDawqOfqs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yZyDT2cOglg
CutThatCity
True, a newly produced vice city would look incredible, I'm kind of hoping for it myself, but it seems a little to obvious to just do the same route over again on a new set of consoles, so in that way I don't see it happening. But it's likely after doing liberty city they will do something that is opposite to it in terms of weather and atmosphere.
Kuwong
The only reason they re-did Liberty city was probably because it was their first venture into 3D GTA. Now they mastered it, they want to re do it. I myself reckon we will now get two more main games (totally new settings) then GTA 5 will be released, which could be a remake of vice city.
So if you follow, I mean we get a GTA (Number) then some more games, etc. But you have to consider, vice city was more true to its real life counter part, so the chances of it being re-done are rather slim.
Ex-PS Fanboy
A new vice city would look incredible, however, i wasn't an incredible fan of the game itself, to be honest, i think it was one of the weakest GTA's, but if they could get some really good gameplay, with an incredible looking vice city, i would love to play it
PabloHoneyOle
You should go work for Rockstar and make your opinion known to the only people who will be able to help you reach your goal of playing Vice City again.
TriBaL26
I loved Vice City, mostly coz of its setting, would be cool but doubt this would happen
HB~Sauce
I think Rockstar would recieve alot of criticism from people if they went for Vice City next. I personally wouldn't mind it but people would see it as following the same route as the previous 3D GTA's
shootthebandit
they should do GTA glasgow. just a thought
deejay
Glascow?!, arent there only sheeps there
Kuwong
If they did any GTA in England, it would obviously be London, but considering the scale of current GTA's, London is too small for one. I'd be interested to see how it'd be done. I often wonder if we will ever get a GTA set in Europe.
bOnEs
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ May 9 2008, 01:03 PM) [snapback]1433046[/snapback]
I think Rockstar would recieve alot of criticism from people if they went for Vice City next. I personally wouldn't mind it but people would see it as following the same route as the previous 3D GTA's

not if they did a vice city in the modern age like they did with GTA4... i don't want another 80's flashback thank you very much... if they are gonna do a flash-back game, it should be san fierro in the 60's or 70's...
deejay
London would good, size doesn't matter to me anymore, its all about the little details and the interactivity.
Styl
I think they're avoiding doing a London GTA game simply because it would come off too similar to that other game set in London thats a just a rip off of GTA....

DAMN I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS, I TOTALLY FORGET THE NAME OF WHAT I'M THINKING OF...

doh (12).gif
bOnEs
QUOTE(Styl @ May 9 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1433183[/snapback]
I think they're avoiding doing a London GTA game simply because it would come off too similar to that other game set in London thats a just a rip off of GTA....

DAMN I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS, I TOTALLY FORGET THE NAME OF WHAT I'M THINKING OF...

doh (12).gif

getaway... i never even bothered to check that game out...
Styl
Heh heh, yup thats it. Not a bad game really, similar to GTA but more realistic imo.
Skinny 
San Fierro or Los Santos would make logical places for the next GTA.
0bs3n3
QUOTE(8 Ball @ May 11 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1433867[/snapback]
San Fierro or Los Santos would make logical places for the next GTA.

Logical how? I'm hoping for a GTA outside of America to be next and I would be pissed if they did VC next and then San An again.
Zen
I've always thought it'd be interesting if they brought back, say, one island of Vice City which stems off into a completely new island..

That'd be both nostalgic and something new to play.
deejay
the only the other places i would like to see GTA would be in Tokyo of Hong Kong, i hated how the Yakuza or Triad gangs were not in IV. i would love to see R* explore the Yakuza in details, i think apart from New York, Tokyo is the most intresting city out there
bOnEs
i don't think GTA would work in other countries... you wouldn't get that good 'ol american propaganda... GTA has fun of making fun of us... there's just more to pick on in america... we're sitting ducks for R*...
Bain
A larger Vice, with a section thats a huge downtown with scummy neighborhoods like Miami, would be amazing.
ViceMan
QUOTE(Devil Dog @ May 11 2008, 07:31 PM) [snapback]1434148[/snapback]
A larger Vice, with a section thats a huge downtown with scummy neighborhoods like Miami, would be amazing.

Plus the swamps that were supposedly meant to be in the first VC. dry.gif
Bain
Yes very much agree.
42yearoldinvestmentbanka
I would like to see Vice City done on the current consoles;because to me even though GTA IV takes place in the same city as GTA 3 since being done on PS3 and X-Box 360 it really is a whole different game; Only negative thing about doing Vice City since it takes place in Florida is another GTA with no snow.
TrIgGeR HaPpY
the vice city trailers are better than any gta 4 trailers.

I had the most fun playing vice city than any other gta, the atmosphere of the game was really nice. I hope they do remake it.
ViceMan
QUOTE(TrIgGeR HaPpY @ May 11 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]1434184[/snapback]
the vice city trailers are better than any gta 4 trailers.

I had the most fun playing vice city than any other gta, the atmosphere of the game was really nice. I hope they do remake it.

I agree with that. But much as i'd like to see it I doubt R* will redo all their previous games.
ctlfreak
a remake would be cool, but part of vice citys appeal was the 80s scarface atmosphere, doing a modern day imho would come off as cool as that one. i would like to see the next game set in another time frame though, these games are good about creating a certian atmosphere to play in, never understood why people put their own music in for that matter, takes away from the experience
Mzeppelin
Vice City would be good, but if they did the next one in Carcer City, like they always talk about in the other GTAs, that would be even better. A whole new city, not modeled off any previous city.
neko_ceko
Every GTA game with Liberty City as its city is really really dark.
and I have a feeling that there is bad weather always, but when I look up in the sky I see shitty sun.
Damn I want Vice
Skinny 
I'm not sure GTA would look good in Vice if it wasn't in the eighties and it would be a bit of a jip to have it in the eighties again, but I don't know.

I think they should do a more indepth game centering around the Italian Mafia in Phili or Chicago in the 70s or the 80s, it could be done in the modern day but the MAfia isn't as powerful as it once was.
glowworm
what about going north west? you could have a seattle/tacoma GTA. lots of mountains, the ocean, rivers and they could even include vancouver in there for some international drug/gun trafficing. the peds and radio stations in vancouver could even have that canadian accent, 'ey'. that would be hilarious.
Skinny 
QUOTE(glowworm @ May 15 2008, 12:13 AM) [snapback]1435684[/snapback]
the peds and radio stations in vancouver could even have that canadian accent, 'ey'. that would be hilarious.

That would be funny if Canadians and Americans had diffrent accents...
DonJuan
Hi im new in this forum posting thing so go head and called me noob or whatever... unsure.gif

When i saw this topic i just had to give my say on this:

Vice City was the best game i played. It was what really got me into GTA. When i first played it i was so pissed that i bought GTA3 instead of vice city. now i have it and its really showing its age but i totally agree with a nex gen version of vice city.

It could be like the original vice with puerto rico and cuba as other island to visit. Then mabe R could have their fun with Dictator Fidel Castro... biggrin.gif
Skinny 
QUOTE(DonJuan @ May 20 2008, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1438563[/snapback]
Hi im new in this forum posting thing so go head and called me noob or whatever... unsure.gif

Welcome, stay out of Qd's basement and you'll be fine.

Then mabe R could have their fun with Dictator Fidel Castro... biggrin.gif

Like the original VC's Pablo Escobar Airport, haha.

Jeepy84
huh.gif Pablo Escobar isn't made up nor have anything to do with Cuba. He was head of the Medellin Cartel... a Columbian drug lord. Killed in 93' by the US and Columbian governments.

I think once you've done the 80's Miami thing you can't really do it again, unless they really start to change their template for a storyline, that would be the only way I could see it being worthwhile. By template I mean the progression of things in the character's life (poor house - meet first lowly bottom-feeding contact - work your way up the underground ladder - kill biggest guy in the city - the end)
Maybe start out as someone successful and regress into the underworld either by accident or poor decision making. I dunno, just a thought, feel free to bash it.
I would like to see as someone stated before a northwest city, or maybe a notoriously bad midwestern city like St. Louis (East St. Louis actually, I apologize to anyone reading this who lives there...you should move before you're shot). Denver/Boulder with the Rockies might be fun too. You could use mountains instead of water as the gameplay isolation barriers.
asthenia
Vice City I would love to see this-gen, but not another San Andreas. It was so big, but so unused, it just felt tiny. GTA III "felt" like the biggest of the last-generation games, as VC was small but packed with stuff to do, and San Andreas was an excellent game, but that's where it ended for me. The RP in SA was amazing, but if I could do it all in VC I'd never have touched SA.
yadoso
I liked Vice City itself, but hated the game. VCS was a bit better in gameplay, but failed to capture me in the way SA did.

And I hope it isn't in Vice City. Going the same route, over and over and over... Rockstar only chose Liberty City because it had significance to the series, and they had a base there. I want to see international Grand Theft Auto.

Or Carcer City. I love that place (Y'know, Manhunt 1).
What?
Vice City would be fun, but i'd like to see a GTA: London. I love the place in real life, and would love to see it in a GTA game. In fact, it'd be amazing, but I ain't gonna complain where the next GTA is set, so long as R* keep 'em coming.
Pez
GTA VC on ps3, new storyline with Niko and cj to be in it?
that would be a legend of a game?
Skinny 
QUOTE(Jeepy84 @ May 22 2008, 06:09 AM) [snapback]1439387[/snapback]
huh.gif Pablo Escobar isn't made up nor have anything to do with Cuba. He was head of the Medellin Cartel... a Columbian drug lord. Killed in 93' by the US and Columbian governments.

...I know who Pablo Escobar is and I neve said he was made up. I thought Rockstar's joke, naming the airport after him as though he were a reveared political figure in Miami was hilarious.

When did I say he was made up or reffrence him to Cuba?
PhantomStranger
For GTA fan's you guys don't seem to not know the reasoning behind LC as the City. R* hasn't done New York before so that's why it was chosen. People seem to think it's a copy of GTA III's city but it's not. R* Just borrowed the name. GTA III's city was just parts of everything, they weren't trying to replicate a real place. For that reason I doubt the next game will be Vice City, I hope it is. I just don't think it's going to happen.
NIGGALICIOUS
I wanna see Vice City return next gen, San Andreas, and then a new city...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Scarface™ @ May 22 2008, 08:14 PM) [snapback]1440120[/snapback]
GTA VC on ps3, new storyline with Niko and cj to be in it?
that would be a legend of a game?

CJ is dead.
MIchaelF
I didnt like CJ but I do like Niko Bellic.Vice City would be pretty awesome.
NIGGALICIOUS
VC FTW!!!

And to the people who say we already been there... Well how many of us ever been to IV's LC beofre IV came out??? Completely different from gta3 LC, yet same atmosphere. thats what i want and expect from VC... so it isnt really same old city like everyone seems to be worried about...
Vegera
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 2 could be a fun game. As long as they put gangs back in the game. And some kand of wlderness area, like what was around Los Santos. We could take out Tommy Vercetti!!! SWEET!!! Just kiding, or am I?

The Liberty City in GTA III was based on New York (DUH!!!)
Crippin211
QUOTE(Devil Dog @ May 11 2008, 06:31 PM) [snapback]1434148[/snapback]

QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 11 2008, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1434153[/snapback]
QUOTE(Devil Dog @ May 11 2008, 07:31 PM) [snapback]1434148[/snapback]

Plus the swamps that were supposedly meant to be in the first VC. dry.gif

A NEWER CITY LIKE MIAMI-DADE WITH ALL THE HOODS AND PROJECTS,SOUTHBEACH, ALL THA GOOD SHIT. PLUS SOME ISLANDS THAT U COULD BOAT TO(KINDA LIKE SCAR FACE) but way fucking better since its GTA

QUOTE(NiggaMan @ May 26 2008, 03:50 AM) [snapback]1441507[/snapback]
VC FTW!!!

And to the people who say we already been there... Well how many of us ever been to IV's LC beofre IV came out??? Completely different from gta3 LC, yet same atmosphere. thats what i want and expect from VC... so it isnt really same old city like everyone seems to be worried about...

Nigga Man - u 360 or PS3
Holla at me if u 360 GT - Crippin211
NIGGALICIOUS
I'm both, but only got IV on PS3

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.