Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV sets opening week records
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
DonkeyTits
According to Yahoo.com, Grand Theft Auto IV's opening week sales numbers were higher than any game or movie in the history of entertainment. The latest installment has reportedly brought in a cool $500,000,000 usd. GTA IV has also set the record as being the most expensive game ever produced (about 100 million), but the sales obviously justify the huge initial cost. This is good news for everyone, as the company now has more money to blast away on their next GTA installment!

I am curious to see what percentage of the sales were of the special edition.
SlickCriminal92
wow, that is incredible. 500 million in 1 week and it beat every movie and game. =o!!
DiO
Not suprised. It was one of the most hyped games ever. Justified. And people buy video games more than they do movies.
Hardcore Ottoman
I just shat... yeah, I'm on the toilet. *Flush*

That's $400 mil more to spend on the next GTA!
Aridpheonix
wow, didn't know games cost that much to make, atleast the most expensive one
Mr Pink
Not really surprised, a lot of people were actually expecting this.

Take that Halo 3!
Mattay
Those numbers are mind blowing.

I don't even believe it...wow.
Scrapper1
best......game......ever........made.GTA 4 is amazing!!their gonna end up making well over a billion(saints row might wanna step their shyt up cause Saints Row 2 is lackin in comparison)
Ophis-
QUOTE(Scrapper1 @ May 8 2008, 08:04 AM) [snapback]1432175[/snapback]
best......game......ever........made.GTA 4 is amazing!!their gonna end up making well over a billion(saints row might wanna step their shyt up cause Saints Row 2 is lackin in comparison)

When figures come out like that, it often makes competitors review their own products... I can see Saint Row either re-branding the game or not bothering to compete anymore.

In regard to those figures tho, they expected to sell 6 million copies which would have brought in around 240 million ($470 million USD) so they are actually higher then estimated, by a wopping 30million, Good going ROCKSTAR!!

TAKE THAT EA!!!! thats a peice of the pie you AINT GETTING!!!!
Caliph
Good for them, for once Im actually happy for a gaming company to make some profit out of their sales. They earned it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.