Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV Patch Released For PS3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Zen
In light of the recent problems that GTA IV players were experiencing with their copies of the game, Rockstar Games have released a patch today for all PS3 owners. It has been reported that a lot of gamers who own the game, mostly in PS3's favour, were receiving problems such as random crashes and freezing during cutscenes. It was only the other day that Take-Two had announced that Rockstar would be working on a patch, but for one to be released imminently is somewhat of an achievement.

A patch is being worked on around the clock to address the issues. It's bound to be. That's how they address this sort of thing. It is being worked on. We're looking into it. You will hear from us if a patch is released. A patch is usually the way it's been done.

Amazingly only a few days later, Take-Two released this statement today announcing the release of the patch:

Rockstar Games has released a GTA IV patch for Playstation 3 today that prevents Gamespy’s servers from being overloaded and therefore reduces the impact on those servers that were causing the game to stutter and lock up. We continue to monitor the performance of the game both on and offline and will provide further updates as necessary. We want to assure everyone that, together with our hardware partners, we continue to strive to give our fans the best possible interactive entertainment experiences possible. This update will ensure that everyone will experience Grand Theft Auto IV the way it was intended. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

This is very good news for PS3 owners I'm sure, and more evidence much Rockstar are at the top of their game at the moment.

Thanks to Mekstizzle on the forums for the heads up.
Caliguy
Sweet! Multiplayer works now.
TexasDominators
i still cant seem to get it right, ever game i join it says connection has been lost to one or more players. is it me?
kendalbren
Me too! I'm still getting the "the connection has been lost to one or more players" message. I'm not really one to slag off Rockstar after producing one of the best games ever, but why would they release this patch which seemingly does nothing?

The multiplayer option still isn't an option for me (40GB PS3).

I've tried everything!

Any ideas, please post here.

Cheers.
Ophis-
I get this quite often and im on Xbox. They said/working on anything about that?
Caliph
^Guys be a bit more patient, the whole point of this patch was to fix the freezing problems that some PS3 owners of GTAIV were experiencing whilst being connected to the internet and playing the game at the same time. This patch would hopefully fix the freeze problems, however, that doesnt mean to say you would always be connecting to an online/multiplayer match. Re-try several times until you get it dont right, most of the time these problems are due to the overcrowded multiplayer servers. If you cant connect then obviously its because of the traffic, this has nothing to do with the game or console; its got more to do with the fact that theres too much online traffic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.