Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Family guy spin off
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
Ex-PS Fanboy
read:Here

Edit:my sisters friend told me about it so i googled it
CutThatCity
Whoa, sounds good. I know I'll be watching.
Skinny 
Spin offs usualy suck. The worst was probably the Friends spin off 'Joey'. Awful.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(8 Ball @ May 7 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1431610[/snapback]
Spin offs usualy suck. The worst was probably the Friends spin off 'Joey'. Awful.

i absolutley agree with you there, but i think this one's worth a watch, i believe they still have the griffins and everything, but this one is centered around cleveland, ( i think they should have done one on quagmire)
Bain
Im not interested whatsoever.......and I LOVE Family Guy
asthenia
One on Quagmire would fucking suck. Half an hour of Giggity would piss me off to no end. Not interested in this either, Family Guy rocks because the Griffins are the main focus, they're awesome and people like Quagmire, Cleveland etc come in and add that extra hilarity.
Kuwong
I'd enjoy it as maybe a five minute short after an episode, or as a bonus on a DVD, but I doubt it will work as a show on its own. Not without drastically changing the characters personalities in question, or featuring the Griffins heavily.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(8 Ball @ May 7 2008, 03:04 AM) [snapback]1431610[/snapback]

Yeah, it seems Fraiser was the best spin off.

I don't know about Family Guy, they use to be really funny before they got cancelled and now they seem too over the top and sometimes the gags carry on for too long.
bOnEs
i'd rather see a spin-off on the character Joe... but, i'll give the cleveland one a shot... he's really the most boring of the group of friends so, we'll see...

joe on the other hand, carries most of the scenes he's in... he's a riot!! when he's pissed, he's PISSED!!
Mekstizzle
Jesus H Fucking Christ. Cleveland is that fucking slow nigga right? He's the worst character of them all. I can't stand his voice. Now, if they did a Brian and Stewie spin off, or a Ollie Black-U-Weather spin off, or Quagmire, I'd be more interested. But Cleveland just fucking sucks.
CutThatCity
QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ May 8 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1432479[/snapback]
Jesus H Fucking Christ. Cleveland is that fucking slow nigga right? He's the worst character of them all. I can't stand his voice. Now, if they did a Brian and Stewie spin off, or a Ollie Black-U-Weather spin off, or Quagmire, I'd be more interested. But Cleveland just fucking sucks.

That would indeed be awesome.
Marneyo Juano
It would rock if they'd make a joe spin off, with scenes where he talks about things from his past, gets pissed off at the memories and breaks things.
Intake
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ May 8 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1432534[/snapback]

No, it would be really retarded because they are already so dominant in the series, like making a show just with Homer Simpson. That's why 'Joey' was crap, because it just Friends - 5 other good characters (well 4, Phoebe is a complete sket).
CutThatCity
QUOTE(Intake @ May 8 2008, 10:55 PM) [snapback]1432661[/snapback]
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ May 8 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1432534[/snapback]

No, it would be really retarded because they are already so dominant in the series, like making a show just with Homer Simpson. That's why 'Joey' was crap, because it just Friends - 5 other good characters (well 4, Phoebe is a complete sket).

Sorry, I read your post three of four times, but I really have no idea what you mean.
Kuwong
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ May 9 2008, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1432985[/snapback]
Sorry, I read your post three of four times, but I really have no idea what you mean.

He means, making a spin off show about the lead character from the original show would be pointless. In this case, Stewie and Brian get enough air time, their own show would be the same as family guy, just minus the other characters.
Intake
QUOTE(Kuwong @ May 9 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1433039[/snapback]
QUOTE(CutThatCity @ May 9 2008, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1432985[/snapback]

He means, making a spin off show about the lead character from the original show would be pointless. In this case, Stewie and Brian get enough air time, their own show would be the same as family guy, just minus the other characters.

Thanks Kuwong, I didn't think it was that hard to understand? I've read it three or four times and have no idea how you wouldn't be able to understand it.

I'd watch a spin off show with Louis, cos she's hot.
Marneyo Juano
Nah lous would be kinda dull, you can see taht from the show itself too. She doesn't have much of an independent personality.
Intake
Yea but she's hot.
DiO
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ May 7 2008, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1431954[/snapback]
QUOTE(8 Ball @ May 7 2008, 03:04 AM) [snapback]1431610[/snapback]

Yeah, it seems Fraiser was the best spin off.

I don't know about Family Guy, they use to be really funny before they got cancelled and now they seem too over the top and sometimes the gags carry on for too long.

I knew of Fraiser even before Cheers. Best spin off for sure.

I agree about Family Guy. I still watch it but not all their jokes land.
TheAnalogKid2112
Hey y'all! Sock it to me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.