Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My PS3 is getting a little noisey :o
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
DiO
Well in my room there is shit air circulation because the window doesn't open. Its actually triple layered becaue there are train tracks outside my house. So my PS3 fan is getting a little loud. Im just wondering if I should be worried. I've though about an extra cooling system but I've looked into it and I read they dont do anything. So, should I do something or just STFU and play GTA IV?
Ex-PS Fanboy
well the one think i would do is try a cooling system, i'd just try to find a cheap one and if it doesn't do anything, just return it and say it's broken. other than that, just move it to a more circulated room. or get your window fixed...
Mekstizzle
My Fan is getting abit louder too. Although maybe cos it's summer (sortof) and room temp is going up, and GTA is probably quite intensive.
DiO
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ May 6 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1431489[/snapback]
well the one think i would do is try a cooling system, i'd just try to find a cheap one and if it doesn't do anything, just return it and say it's broken. other than that, just move it to a more circulated room. or get your window fixed...

windows not broken. It doesnt open. It to reduce the noise passing trains make.

@Mek

Cool, so either its normel. Or me and you are fucked
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ May 7 2008, 12:22 AM) [snapback]1431494[/snapback]
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ May 6 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1431489[/snapback]

windows not broken. It doesnt open. It to reduce the noise passing trains make.

@Mek

Cool, so either its normel. Or me and you are fucked

well mine gets loud in occasions, like when i play it for about 2 hours or more, but it ussually dies down after about 15 minutes
Shadow
It's probably a good thing if your room is warm - because ideally you wouldn't have the fans on 100% when you don't need them, so they just change with the temperature.
TheStig
It's very normal depending on the temperature where the PS3 is at. If you are sweating in the room and your PS3 is still silent then something is wrong with it. The PS3 has been tested to work on a room of 0 degrees to 110 degrees Fahrenheit running straight 108 hours.

Link:
http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975
Pez
Nice link Reyes! laugh.gif
and i would think its nothing to be concerned about D-O. i get it too! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.