Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The next Grand Theft Auto...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Too soon? You betcha.

Watch as I shamelessly pimp my blog where I discuss the next GTA game. Seriously though, I reckon I have a pretty solid theory on the next two Grand Theft Auto games. Check it out if you're at all interested.
TheStig
They stated they will take 1 month off after April 29th release for all the hard work, then after the break they will work on the next GTA but doesn't mean they haven't started yet. I think they will follow the same format as last generation (GTA IV > Vice City > San Andreas). It's mentioned in the game a lot so don't even think about anything outside of North America. Plus no offense, your blog is too much of a "kids thought" because you are pulling conclusions out of your ass without any supporting evidence while GTA IV clearly foreshadows Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas a lot. LOL @ solid theory.

P.S.
You have a lot of spelling errors.
Bain
I hope its not London or Tokyo. This game is hard enough for me to get into already........
neko_ceko
No offense but Tokyo would suck.,
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 7 2008, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1431828[/snapback]

Thank you Jesus. Someone who agrees with me.
I don't want to go to Japan.
London maybe...
But, the cities they're doing have a lot of diversity in them.
Tokyo doesn't come of to me as that diverse. Seeing as only about 22,000 of its 1.4 million population are from American and England combined.
Pieface
Do somewhere that isn't a big Enclosed city, a.k.a Vice City, all I want to see is Vice City in next gen.
Eldarto
I just hope they keep it modern and don't have none of that time period jumping (80's and 90's) like the last gen games (even though they were good)
Severus Snape
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ May 7 2008, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1431828[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? Tokyo would be pretty cool. Think about it - Japan is mostly mountainous, with a few major cities stuck in there. Plus it's a huge island right next to China. Think of the possibilities...
Mekstizzle
No, think of how lame it would be. There's no humour, or diversity, or life to the city. They should do VC set in the modern era. Include parts of Cuba as a distant Island. Perhaps even start off in Cuba, GTA is yet to have a Latino Protagonist

And London is already The Getaways territory.

I'm about 80% sure that the next game will be in VC
Zen
I'm hoping they do the next GTA in Vice City, however, I don't want them to completely remodel it like Liberty City. If they're going back to another old city, then I'd like it to be familiar.
Mzeppelin
If they made it in Tokyo I would never buy the game ever, no matter how much stuff is in it. Besides they will most likely always make them in the USA, because there are so many different races and hertitages of people here. If they made it in a foreign country, then it would be all of that race.. that's why they'll never do it.
In Kontrol
QUOTE(Zen @ May 8 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1432498[/snapback]
I'm hoping they do the next GTA in Vice City, however, I don't want them to completely remodel it like Liberty City. If they're going back to another old city, then I'd like it to be familiar.

No way to Vice City! GTA's have been set there too many damn times! Let's have them be creative and find a new city instead of going back to the same one again.
ViceMan
I think R* will always stick to the USA, they know the culture and ethics pretty well and can utilise it for all it's comedic value.

As for the next GTA i'm really looking forward to it wherever it's set, GTA IV is a good foundation to build upon and make it the "greatest game Ever x 102"
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(MisterReyes @ May 6 2008, 09:28 PM) [snapback]1431383[/snapback]
P.S.
You have a lot of spelling errors.

Two. Fixed anyway.

I really can't imagine the next two GTA games being set in Vice and Andreas again. I for one would feel really cheated. It's just like EA does with their games: they just remake the same game every couple of weeks with improved graphics and sell it at full price. Obviously the leap from III to IV is a little more than normal maps and £40, but even so. VC and SA weren't that long ago, and neither were LC and VC stories.
Final thought: if they did SA and VC again they would be called the same thing, which would cause confusion.

QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ May 8 2008, 03:03 PM) [snapback]1432304[/snapback]
No, think of how lame it would be. There's no humour, or diversity, or life to the city. They should do VC set in the modern era. Include parts of Cuba as a distant Island. Perhaps even start off in Cuba, GTA is yet to have a Latino Protagonist

And London is already The Getaways territory.

I'm about 80% sure that the next game will be in VC

GTA is also yet to have anything other than an American, African-American and Serbian protagonist. That narrows it down to 192 countries which haven't been represented by GTA. Hop to it Rockstar!

Also, London is already the Getaway's territory in the same way that New York is already True Crime: New York City and Driver Parallel Lines' territory?

QUOTE(Mzeppelin @ May 8 2008, 07:51 PM) [snapback]1432522[/snapback]
If they made it in Tokyo I would never buy the game ever, no matter how much stuff is in it. Besides they will most likely always make them in the USA, because there are so many different races and hertitages of people here. If they made it in a foreign country, then it would be all of that race.. that's why they'll never do it.

And London isn't diverse? Tokyo isn't, granted, but it isn't the familiar western culture we all know and are mightily bored of by now. It brings something fresh to the table.

Anyway, I'm probably just wishlisting here (although god knows I wouldn't want to see GTA: London for all the gold in Fort Knox), but at the time my theory did seem to make some sense in my mind. Perhaps I'm running away from the inevitable truth that it's no longer about the games but is 110% about making money, just like Hollywood. Pretty soon we'll see Dan Houser in all the papers snorting coke off some stripper's pubic region, followed shortly after by the release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 2, and soon after that his assassination, probably by me. The nation mourns. I weep bitterly at what gaming has become...
Nec
GTA: Canada mellow.gif

Actually, it is extremely diverse from my experience. I would love to cruise Montreal in-game. That would be fun I think. Especially if they keep using public transportation.
Pez
Maybe a whole new storyline!?
ur in jamaica and u need to steel dope!
u deal dope to make $$$? laugh.gif tongue.gif

GTA JAMAICA
Bain
Seriously, like I said years ago. Just make fucking GTA: Europe.

Im one of the pro-keeping it in America advocates but if we had London, Berlin, Paris, Moscow, and Rome, I would be happy. Or even other cool locations.

Plus I want fucking Chicago. You here that Rockstar. BAIN. Wants chicago
Indy
Chicago would be good. I hope they don't do UK.
HB~Sauce
Yeah, Chicago would be nice. Its pretty hard to see GTA go back to Europe or other countries than the States.

I could see a Los Angeles in the future, maybe a Texas city or even Seattle.
Pieface
Chicago would be awful in my opinion, its a huge city, alot like Lberty City, have a different area and scenario, don't keep it in a city this time.
jcash624
honestly they might not even do VC or SA because the only reason they said they did LC again was bc they claim they didn't do it right the first time. That it wasn't a true NY and thats wat they wanted. Anything is still gonna be cool but how bout my hometown of Atlanta? Doing a game where they could throw in a bunch of backwoods country boys would be sweet. Plus the actual city has a lot to offer.
IV...Whudyadoooooooooooon?
How bout' GTA 5: Arctic Stor.......Woops....Nevermind....
How bout' GTPlanet...you could change the whole theme to steal planets!!!!!
WOW!!! We could fly around in our starcruisers, and get into mischeif....and EAT COOKIES!!!
Then we could shit all over the place, and baste ourselves down with whale secretions!
Oh huh.gif .........uhhh.... lamo.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I think there are hundreds of great cities that would make great settings for the next game. Everyone wants their hometown done so they can go and see if their house is in the game. No matter where you live, you could probably argue a case for your hometown(city) as a backdrop for the next GTA. We all have crime, drugs, etc. Most cities have exciting landmarks that people would like to see in the game. The real deciding factor will be what setting will sell the most games?

So many people got GTA4 because of it's realism to NYC, they are familiar with all of the landmarks, famous buildings etc. The location provides an excellent storyline, tons of tongue-in-cheek humor, and a virtual playground millions of people have visited or viewed through other forms of media. What other locations offer that same formula?

I'd hate to see R* revisit Vice City or San Andreas; unless there was a fantastic storyline that could be weaved into it; I think it would be considered a flop and would have more people complaining about revisiting similar locations AND how the new versions of the locations suck compared to the original. The next GTA needs to keep with the momentum of the 4, an original experience that will have people foaming at the mouths in anticipation.

Most cities that would be obvious contenders for the next locale have been done before (people have mentioned True Crime; The Getaway, Yakuza, etc.) Alot of the plots have been borrowed (different storylines; same objective in game: sandbox location, drive, locate, kill, easter eggs) by hundreds of games since GTA3 was released. It's all been done before. Even if you break down the new GTA4, the missions are simply new spins on the same ones you did in all the past versions, each one has just tweaked or improved it in some form.

I think it is most important that R* find another original storyline and find a city to fit it. People have suggested thousands of locales which would require storylines that would fall flat on their face half way through. GTA has always been about rising to the top or coming from nothing into something and the foundation for that has been a exceptional (even if partially borrowed or "inspired" from popular films).

If I had to guess, I'd say Tokyo, London, D.C. or Boston; all because of their marketability and popularity in todays culture. I hope I am incorrect and R* comes out with something that will blow all these moronic ideas out of the water. As for now, I still have hours and hours, days and days, months and months of exploration of Liberty City to tend to.

Besides, the next GTA won't be for 2-3 years.
Indy
GTA 5 in Rio De Janeiro, whaddya think?
Dr. Drew
lets not forget about the Downloadabe content coming to GTA IV this fall people!!
satchboogie
How about my homecity? GTA: Bean Town. I think Boston would make for a great GTA game. It's got a great mix of history, avid sports fans (they could make a ton of humor off our sports/fans), some of the boroughs would be great for crime areas (Roxbury, Dorchester, Rivere, Everett, etc). They could have an Irish protagonist 20 years in the past so you have all the mafia stuff going on.

Honestly though, I would love to go back to Vice City, but remodel it. It is such a great setting (maybe they could make it in the 90s, but I just LOVE the 80's theming) with the most vivid colors and an endless amount of storeline material.
Pez
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ May 9 2008, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1433000[/snapback]
Chicago would be good. I hope they don't do UK.

It would probably be very similar to The Getaway?
CutThatCity
GTA london? no no no no no

Its likely that the next game is not going to be a dark, city type location.

Come oooon vice city smile.gif
Indy
Rio would be awesome, but I fear it being too similar to Just Cause, which was pretty shit imo.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(In Kontrol @ May 8 2008, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1432531[/snapback]
QUOTE(Zen @ May 8 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1432498[/snapback]

No way to Vice City! GTA's have been set there too many damn times! Let's have them be creative and find a new city instead of going back to the same one again.

Wtf? Are you serious? GTA was only twice set in VC.

PhantomStranger
GTA Australia happy.gif

We have kangaroos. wink.gif And hot women, that's about it.

But in my opinion Vice City would be the best next gen GTA.
Skinny 
They probably will do VC again...

A GTA in Sydney or Melbourne would be perfect, it has even more cultural diversity than New York and fairly high crime rates...
Pez
I would say, A brand new GTA SA on PS3 and xbox 360 (better graphics)
and brand new storyline?
neko_ceko
QUOTE(Gangsta™ @ May 11 2008, 12:29 PM) [snapback]1433958[/snapback]
I would say, A brand new GTA SA on PS3 and xbox 360 (better graphics)
and brand new storyline?

And PC blush.gif
PhantomStranger
San Andreas was the worst GTA. It was so far-fetched and over the top. It was fun but not realistic and rockstar realized that. That's why IV is back to basics.

Las Venturas would look good though.
Indy
I don't want another city. It would just be like Liberty City.
PhantomStranger
Then what, a small country town? Forrest, an Island?
Pieface
QUOTE(PhantomStranger @ May 11 2008, 01:45 PM) [snapback]1433991[/snapback]
Then what, a small country town? Forrest, an Island?

So your telling me you had the same feeling between Vice City and Liberty City? Vice City, yes was a city, but you were let free and it felt so open, how many times have you felt open in Liberty City?
Zeus
Yeah I agree Piefascist. It was the dullness in Liberty City that gave it an eery-ness about it. As for the next GTA I would like to see an improved version of Vice City, which is in my opinion, the best GTA.
Pez
QUOTE(PhantomStranger @ May 11 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1433980[/snapback]
San Andreas was the worst GTA. It was so far-fetched and over the top. It was fun but not realistic and rockstar realized that. That's why IV is back to basics.

Las Venturas would look good though.

Thats why i did find gta sa the best gta out at the time! smile.gif
Bain
QUOTE(Piefascist @ May 9 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1433051[/snapback]
Chicago would be awful in my opinion, its a huge city, alot like Lberty City, have a different area and scenario, don't keep it in a city this time.

Yeah true but the gangs and different neighborhoods would be awesome. As long as they didnt do it gay like IV.

Gangs and their colors would be all over the streets.
Pieface
QUOTE(Devil Dog @ May 11 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1434156[/snapback]
QUOTE(Piefascist @ May 9 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1433051[/snapback]

Yeah true but the gangs and different neighborhoods would be awesome. As long as they didnt do it gay like IV.

Gangs and their colors would be all over the streets.

Saints Row have done that, and its been done in SA, gangs would ruin it alot in my opinion.
Bain
Maybe its just because I find the streets extremely fucking boring without gangs.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Devil Dog @ May 12 2008, 06:18 AM) [snapback]1434188[/snapback]
Maybe its just because I find the streets extremely fucking boring without gangs.

Thank you. that's exactly what the fuck is making GTAIV the let down that it is.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(8 Ball @ May 12 2008, 08:23 AM) [snapback]1434429[/snapback]
QUOTE(Devil Dog @ May 12 2008, 06:18 AM) [snapback]1434188[/snapback]

Thank you. that's exactly what the fuck is making GTAIV the let down that it is.

Letdown? Are you serious? GTA4 doesn't have gangs, because they don't fit into the storyline. It's not a gang related game. That was San Andreas. GTA4 does have gangs to an extent, the russian mob that will attack you on the streets later in the storyline. There are assorted groups of people hanging on the streets at certain times of the day that have similar clothes. If you listen to their conversation, it's usually some gangrelated shit, and if you provoke them, they will attack you with the firearms they are carrying.

Besides, the past gangs just hanging on the streets were the most unrealistic aspect of the game. 3-5 Overly Stereotyped NPC's that looked identical standing all over certain areas that would fire on you just for coming near them, never gaining police attention. The part of San Andreas where you're playing turf war with the gangs was ridiculous, like a bad game of Risk; GTA was just trying to beat out Saint's Row for the gang themed game. Saint's Row can have it.
PhantomStranger
I hope the next game features niko and not some black dude.
Skinny 
QUOTE(PhantomStranger @ May 18 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1437513[/snapback]
I hope the next game features niko and not some black dude.

When you say black dude I'm asuming you mean some gangbanger like Carl? Well, if it's set in VC again you can expect to either be a drug dealer from Columbia or Cuba opening up a cartel or a yardie drug dealer like Vic and Lance. While the hispanic Cartel angle would be somthing new, I'd have to say I'd preffer to be some Hatian/Dominican yardie for some reason.
Caliph
I hate to sound biased, guys, but I think it would be a neat idea if Rockstar developed a GTA game that is based in the Middle East. They can call it GTA: Arabia, and I know some people who could help giving out fictitious city names and storylines. I think it would be a great idea, why not? The Middle East, especially the Persian Gulf area, is booming right now. Its one of the most luxurious places around the world, and it has almost everything. Google 'Dubai' or 'Abu Dhabi' and you'll be amazed by how these guys advanced. Their cities are gleaming with people and new ideas. Youll never see a place like Dubai in this world. From underwater hotels, indoor ski resorts, record-breaking skyscrapers all the way to busy airports, sand beaches, artificial islands and classical desert sand dunes - youll find anything over there. Plus, Dubai is as of late one of the hotspots for international/foreign gangs. Youve got the Russian mafia influencing the city, youve got American and British businessmen doing business in that part of the world, youve got angry South-Asian mobs who are looking for a better life, etc. And, youve got rich Arab oil tycoons who are running their propaganda in the streets. Its the ultimate next GTA destination.
Massacre
QUOTE(Caliph @ May 18 2008, 02:42 PM) [snapback]1437803[/snapback]
I hate to sound biased, guys, but I think it would be a neat idea if Rockstar developed a GTA game that is based in the Middle East. They can call it GTA: Arabia, and I know some people who could help giving out fictitious city names and storylines. I think it would be a great idea, why not? The Middle East, especially the Persian Gulf area, is booming right now. Its one of the most luxurious places around the world, and it has almost everything. Google 'Dubai' or 'Abu Dhabi' and you'll be amazed by how these guys advanced. Their cities are gleaming with people and new ideas. Youll never see a place like Dubai in this world. From underwater hotels, indoor ski resorts, record-breaking skyscrapers all the way to busy airports, sand beaches, artificial islands and classical desert sand dunes - youll find anything over there. Plus, Dubai is as of late one of the hotspots for international/foreign gangs. Youve got the Russian mafia influencing the city, youve got American and British businessmen doing business in that part of the world, youve got angry South-Asian mobs who are looking for a better life, etc. And, youve got rich Arab oil tycoons who are running their propaganda in the streets. Its the ultimate next GTA destination.

ohmy.gif God damn... I've never thought of that. I've been coming up with GTA ideas since I beat GTA3 back in 2001, and Arabia has never crossed my mind. I applaud your brilliance, good sir. The diverse urban environments for high-profile missions, small, outlying desert settlements for anti-terrorist (I don't think R* would touch pro-terror) missions, and a kickass selection of clothing and desert-roaming vehicles. Hell, it'd be good reason to bring back the military for a 6-star wanted level. Nice one. thumbup.gif
MIchaelF
If rock* makes another gta game i hope they use Niko because he seems cool and I like him more than Carl the one from San Andreas.I prefer if they use a white dude all the time instead of black.I am not being racist ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.