Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: European Cup Finals
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
Takedown
Just Curious To know..Who You all Think is going to win the European Cup Finals...Champions League Chelsea vs Manchester united. Uefa Cup Final Rangers vs Zenit St Petersburg. Am thinking Man Utd for the champions League And RAngers For the Uefa Cup but only Becuase im a Rangers Fan and Support My Team biggrin.gif clap.gif thumbup.gif
plop2k7
man u!!!! and rangers!!!!
Full Metal Monkey
Come on The Blues!

Im a season ticket holder and im going to Moscow to watch the final. Can't wait.

I would just love to steal the Premiership and Champions League away from them.
Intake
I think the Blues Brothers will dominate both. Chelsea: 2 Man U: 1 Scorers: Drogba, Lampard (pen) - Rooney
Banksthaman
Hopefully rangers will pull another one of on Wednesday...Manchester here we come!!!!!!!!! Manchester wont know whats hit them
Takedown
haha member tht topic a got warned for that...was most annoying lol dry.gif confused1.gif sad.gif mellow.gif huh.gif CMON THE RANGERS biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif MANCHESTER WATCH OUT RANGERS ARE COMING biggrin.gif
Mekstizzle
I'd rather Utd win the Champions league than Chav$ki. They got the worst fans, the worst managers and the most annoying players (especially Drogshit)

At least clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and United built their reputation and earnt money the proper way. So I hope Utd win the double over Chelsea this season.

As for the UEFA cup. Rangers, as I like them better than the lame Irish Catholic Club that is Celtic, with their Ginger fans. So I don't want them to lose and I don't want Celtic fans to be happy.
Intake
Mate you really shouldn't go saying shit like that, cos this is just gunna turn into a massive flame war. Do you even support a team? I fucking hate people having little digs at other clubs like that, Man U and Liverpool made their money the proper way? By what: being the first big clubs = money = players = fans = trophies (and I don't even think thats a bad thing, someone had to start) you think no other teams should become big because no other team in the premier league is gunna make it into the top four by doing anything other than spending money - hell, Sunderland are gunna spend 50 fucking million and it won't get them into the Intertoto Cup... Even Arsenal, who to be fair to them are the most 'naturally' developed team in the 'big 4' won't win anything with that team.

You got one thing right though, Drogba is a bit of a nob, but he's fucking awsome.
Mekstizzle
Hey, all teams started off more or less on the same ground. Back in the day. Teams like Arsenal have gone from sort of mediocre to right at the top because of a good manager. Teams like Chelsea have had so much money thrown at them, that even a manager who doesn't really know what he's doing is still succeeding. They don't really have any homegrown players...

Drogba has a good finish, If he stood on his feet more often and didn't act like such a woman, he'd actually score more goals.
Intake
I dunno about 'homegrown' talent, very little of that left in any of the top 4 - Arsenal may scout well and develop young players but they certainly aren't 'homegrown'. The thing is that if players are playing for their club and fans rather than money I don't care if you have a team of galacticos, Chelsea don't win purely through talent, there is a core of english players with fantastic spirit to go with talent, and even if only JT is a Chelsea thoughroughbred its better than not having any English players; that is why players like Drogba can damage a clubs image because he gives off an aura of selfishness without loyalty to the club. Anyway, the best of Englands talent can't gain enough experience playing for West Ham or Everton their whole career.
Kamahl
I say Man U and Rangers...
AfonsoAlves
Don't get your hopes up mate. I went to eindhoven in 2006 when we got dicked 4-0 by seville. We had an incredible run that year making 2 4goal comebacks. I want chelsea and rangers though smile.gif
Pez
QUOTE(plop2k7 @ May 5 2008, 04:23 PM) [snapback]1430691[/snapback]
man u!!!! and rangers!!!!

he said it! wink.gif
AfonsoAlves
BORO 8-1 MAN CITY biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ALVES (3), DOWNING (2), ROCHEMBACK, JOHNSON, ALIADIERE----------------------- ELANO biggrin.gif
Takedown
QUOTE(AfonsoAlves @ May 10 2008, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1433571[/snapback]
Don't get your hopes up mate. I went to eindhoven in 2006 when we got dicked 4-0 by seville. We had an incredible run that year making 2 4goal comebacks. I want chelsea and rangers though smile.gif

I'm Not getting my hopes up haha because the way were playing right now it aint lookin too goood but they russians are saying were an easy team and a just hope we go out n absolutley fuck them thumbup.gif mad.gif n Yeah lmaoo did man city ahve a reserve team out or something ??? Sven Goran Erikssonon his way out for sure now lol
AfonsoAlves
QUOTE(Takedown @ May 11 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]1434133[/snapback]
QUOTE(AfonsoAlves @ May 10 2008, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1433571[/snapback]

I'm Not getting my hopes up haha because the way were playing right now it aint lookin too goood but they russians are saying were an easy team and a just hope we go out n absolutley fuck them thumbup.gif mad.gif n Yeah lmaoo did man city ahve a reserve team out or something ??? Sven Goran Erikssonon his way out for sure now lol

I hope you's do smile.gif, have you seen that celtic fan on youtube burning the two cup final tickets?, what a tosser. And haha no they had a fairly strong team out really, we were all singing "sacked in the morning" haha. I hope chelsea get one over on UTD in the champs league final now like.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(AfonsoAlves @ May 11 2008, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1434118[/snapback]
BORO 8-1 MAN CITY biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ALVES (3), DOWNING (2), ROCHEMBACK, JOHNSON, ALIADIERE----------------------- ELANO biggrin.gif

We've got something in common.

We've both fucked Manchester City.

I was at the match where we beat them 6-0 at the start of the season. They were in form then too.

But 8-1 damn thats good.
Takedown
LMAO a cant how sad can you get videoing yourself burning 2 tickets ???? WTF lol there all just jealous that were better lol celtic are just a lucky team tongue.gif
AfonsoAlves
QUOTE(Takedown @ May 12 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1434518[/snapback]
LMAO a cant how sad can you get videoing yourself burning 2 tickets ???? WTF lol there all just jealous that were better lol celtic are just a lucky team tongue.gif

I know jealous as fuck!. What team u support like monkey? Anybody see the downing or rochemback goals? the power on rochembacks fuck me
sotty
QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ May 8 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1432733[/snapback]
Drogba has a good finish, If he stood on his feet more often and didn't act like such a woman, he'd actually score more goals.

ohmy.gif Drogba wishes he had the class of a woman! The man is completely ridiculous with the way he behaves on the pitch at times. I wonder why he isn't ashamed of himself.

As for who I want to win. I'm going to be pulling for Man U but if Chelsea won I wouldn't be too sad. I think it's just great that we have an all English final and I always back the English club in Europe so it's a win win for me. I'll also be cheering on Rangers.

I'm a Southampton fan so I have to live my glory though other teams!

Takedown
LESS THAN 24 HOURS TILL THE UEFA CUP FINAL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif:D HOpefully this time tomorrow Rangers will be winning and on course for the unprecidented quadruple biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif:D
Fran
i'm a bristol rovers fan! gunna be getting some abuse if bristol city make it to the prem :anger:

but i want utd and rangers to win
Takedown
Manchester Couldnt handle the Rangers Fans
Absolutley shocking they fucked up big time didnt see one part of tht game...CMON THE GERS STILL GOIN FOR THE TREBLE !!!!!
Pieface
QUOTE(Takedown @ May 15 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1436289[/snapback]
Absolutley shocking they fucked up big time didnt see one part of tht game...CMON THE GERS STILL GOIN FOR THE TREBLE !!!!!

No, the rangers fans were disgraceful for there team. Riots and 45 arrested? You could be lucky if your even allowed in it next year, the fans ruined it alot. And stabbing a Zenit fan just becaue they won, pretty awful.
AfonsoAlves
QUOTE(Takedown @ May 15 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1436289[/snapback]

Probly because that minority were a pack of twats. Seen the footage on sky today? Hopefully the cowards will get locked up and beaten the shit into
Lee
Yep, the fans were a fucking discrace. I work in Manchester and it looked like a war zone this morning. I walked around the city centre yesterday lunchtime and it was full of drunk idiots. I would have liked the carnival atmosphere if it wasn't for the fucking idiots that have made a mess of our city.
Takedown
QUOTE(Lee @ May 15 2008, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1436389[/snapback]
Yep, the fans were a fucking discrace. I work in Manchester and it looked like a war zone this morning. I walked around the city centre yesterday lunchtime and it was full of drunk idiots. I would have liked the carnival atmosphere if it wasn't for the fucking idiots that have made a mess of our city.

If Your city council could control the fucking alcohol it wouldnt have happened...if your council set up bins and more toilets and ahd police patrolling picadilly gardens it wouldnt have happened but no what did they do??? Absolutley fuck all couldnt even get a screen to work they must ahve had about 40 security guards policing 11 000 people wtf ??? manchester fucked up Big time and wont even admit it..as for the man saying we'll get banned they cant ban us from Europe as it was outwith the stadium so uefa cant ban us for it.the majority of idiots that were provoking the police were english people and northern irish people weren't even Rangers Fans so unless you were there fuck up.. because the news papers and the News are always going to blame the Fans because they wont admit that the police fucked up big time...They Caused most of the chaos themselves.

Another Thing the Zenit Fan got stabbed before the game...and 45 arrests out of 200 000 people is nothing really.
Lee
QUOTE(Takedown @ May 16 2008, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1436683[/snapback]

If Your city council could control the fucking alcohol it wouldnt have happened...if your council set up bins and more toilets and ahd police patrolling picadilly gardens it wouldnt have happened but no what did they do??? Absolutley fuck all couldnt even get a screen to work they must ahve had about 40 security guards policing 11 000 people wtf ??? manchester fucked up Big time and wont even admit it..as for the man saying we'll get banned they cant ban us from Europe as it was outwith the stadium so uefa cant ban us for it.the majority of idiots that were provoking the police were english people and northern irish people weren't even Rangers Fans so unless you were there fuck up.. because the news papers and the News are always going to blame the Fans because they wont admit that the police fucked up big time...They Caused most of the chaos themselves.

Another Thing the Zenit Fan got stabbed before the game...and 45 arrests out of 200 000 people is nothing really.

I suppose it's the fault of the police then that hundreds of Rangers fans were caught on cctv chasing the police, throwing bottles at them, tripping them up and then stamping on them. GMP released CCTV footage of the event which you musn't have seen yet. The scottish FA or government or whoever blamed the police until they saw the CCTV footage and then had to do a u-turn and apologise. Read the fucking news and keep your warped opinions to yourself.

Edit: and as for drinking, the Rangers fans wern't getting their drinks from the bars or pubs where it would be controlled, they brought crate loads of stella with them.
Banksthaman
Some Rangers fans brought there own drink you mean. A Tesco sold all its drink they had before by 12.30pm to us Rangers fans and i'm sure many more stores did the same. Thousands and thousands of us stood in Picaddily Gardens for 8 or more hours (causing no real trouble) for the game to come on the big screen and at 7.45pm when the game was to kick off was the only time they told us the screens weren't working, all pubs got shut down, we weren't allowed on trains, there were about 10 taxi's for 10's of thousands of people, no police to be seen, they wouldn't help us or talk to us they treated us like shit, i mean how hard is to point us in the direction of public transport if they weren't letting us on the trains. I seen about 4 bins in the whole square, the police were standing in groups up side streets away from everything. 2 security boys to each entrance to Picadilly Gardens, less than 20 toilets. If this had been planned in advance rather than waiting till the last minute this could have been prevented. And the police saying 'don't come down to Manchester' was stupid because it was inevitable that more than 100,000 bears would be coming down whether Manchester they liked it or not (If it was two foreign teams in the final then they would have been welcomed with open arms, but we'r Scottish and werent expected to be welcomed anyway but we'l follow our team anywhere). If you noticed on some of the CCTV footage then you'd see there were football casuals said to be english fighting with the police as well. Sure there was going to be some idiots, especially because of how poorly the whole thing was handled, but that was a minority of idiots, 150,000 fans behaved fine, but as usual people are always out to get at Rangers, the police said we behaved excellent except from a small minority. What about the innocent rangers fans beaten and attacked by the police and there dogs? Never mind them eh? Ok. No rangers fans are saying we were angels so quoting "the fucking news" isn't anything new as we'v all seen the papers but we witnessed first hand how badly this was handled. Unfortunately it happened and the police have to figure out how to prevent something happening like that again in the future and stop blaming Rangers because that'l get them no where.
Takedown
QUOTE(Banksthaman @ May 16 2008, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1436729[/snapback]
Some Rangers fans brought there own drink you mean. A Tesco sold all its drink they had before by 12.30pm to us Rangers fans and i'm sure many more stores did the same. Thousands and thousands of us stood in Picaddily Gardens for 8 or more hours (causing no real trouble) for the game to come on the big screen and at 7.45pm when the game was to kick off was the only time they told us the screens weren't working, all pubs got shut down, we weren't allowed on trains, there were about 10 taxi's for 10's of thousands of people, no police to be seen, they wouldn't help us or talk to us they treated us like shit, i mean how hard is to point us in the direction of public transport if they weren't letting us on the trains. I seen about 4 bins in the whole square, the police were standing in groups up side streets away from everything. 2 security boys to each entrance to Picadilly Gardens, less than 20 toilets. If this had been planned in advance rather than waiting till the last minute this could have been prevented. And the police saying 'don't come down to Manchester' was stupid because it was inevitable that more than 100,000 bears would be coming down whether Manchester they liked it or not (If it was two foreign teams in the final then they would have been welcomed with open arms, but we'r Scottish and werent expected to be welcomed anyway but we'l follow our team anywhere). If you noticed on some of the CCTV footage then you'd see there were football casuals said to be english fighting with the police as well. Sure there was going to be some idiots, especially because of how poorly the whole thing was handled, but that was a minority of idiots, 150,000 fans behaved fine, but as usual people are always out to get at Rangers, the police said we behaved excellent except from a small minority. What about the innocent rangers fans beaten and attacked by the police and there dogs? Never mind them eh? Ok. No rangers fans are saying we were angels so quoting "the fucking news" isn't anything new as we'v all seen the papers but we witnessed first hand how badly this was handled. Unfortunately it happened and the police have to figure out how to prevent something happening like that again in the future and stop blaming Rangers because that'l get them no where.

Exactly Its Alright saying that from the ENGLISH news point of view but up here in scotland in the Daily Record Where one of our scottish reporters got caught up in it said that he was tryin to get away and all the idiots that were abusin the police had no football colours on and most were either english or northern irish And when the police charged them they so called 'Fans' were no where to be seen and the police charged on innocent people. They Chased One man Down an Alleyway where he got down on his knees so he didnt get hit BUT the police smashed him on the head twice with there battons cuffed him then gave him 3 kicks to the kidneys ?? what the hell ??!!!?? GMP were a shambles and didnt have a plan of what to do. As for these so called shuttle buses that were to take us to the velodrome i didnt see one of them about...so you can say what you like but unless you were there an witnessed it first hand YOU should keep your opinions to yourselves and I honestly Hope your city is a mess most of it would have been prevented if you organised it rite and to answer why we came down...our last final was what 36 years ago and its only 3 hours down the road a think thats a gd enough reason. Disgraceful Team???? Explain how Rangers Are disgraceful becuase a uefa cup final with the team we have is absolutley remarkable acheivement not a disgrace there a great team they would rip any english team apart top be honest after beating werder Bremen beating Lyon 3-0 AWAY from home a think they Carried the flag for Scottish Football Well then the City of Manchester fucked it all up. bird.gif
Banksthaman
'Down there', not over there you mean.....I've handed you yer dinner mate.
BRKS
I dont know if its bin said before cus I dint read the other page, but did anyone see the footage of a copper being stamped on by about 20 people? And the SNP wonder why alcohols banned at Scottish football matches...
AfonsoAlves
Yeah that's what i was on about BRKS. Fair enough, they left Manchester as a shit tip? so what. The council obviously should have saw this coming and should have planned better, but come on, a few cans and crisp packets isn't the end of the world. And how do you people know the fans chasing the police were english? Not everyone wears a football shirt to a match you know. But the majority of the fans don't deserve to miss out on european football just cos a few pricks were fighting. It will always happen, especially with the scots who seem to be good at it smile.gif
Pieface
QUOTE(Takedown @ May 16 2008, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1436683[/snapback]

Face the bloody facts, alot of your supporters were a disgrace, Im sorry whow as that I saw fighting and throwing bottles and stuff at the police? Oh people wearing Blue Rangers shirts, look at pictures of piccadilly gardens, you went and tipped it. And 45/200,000? 120,000 fans travelled not 200,000 and 1 is a disgrace, just live it up that your fans were a disgrace,
Takedown
listen were you there??? no and i can tell you one thing there was more than 120 000 fans there easily official reports say 175 000 fans were there and 45 out of tht is actually nothing...your all just pissed because an English city got trashed...Wasnt that when man Utd Fans Were fighting in Roma ??? not much sed about that why???... wasnt in britain but all of a sudden a scots team are in the final some fans start throwing bottles n were all of a sudden the biggest disgrace in the world and we should al jst be shot for it wtf ???? too answer your question how do i know they were all English Afonso Alves...I dont kno that but.. ion the paper the Daily Record Reporter that was charged at by the police said The Majority were speaking in English Accents and Northern Irish Accents who were throwing Bottles and rioting with the police obviously there were some extremely stupid Rangers Fans aswell..a picture intodays papers shows a group of our fans trying to get way from all the violence by hiding in a doorway with one woman in tears because of it all thats doesnt say anything violent to me.
Banksthaman
If your actually so pissed about it, then pick up a litter picker n start picking!!! Clearly more than 120,000 there mate, dont be so stupid.
Pieface
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7404185.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7405454.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7404511.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7402858.stm

Read and watch them, Oh im sorry, I see alot of rangers fans there? Andyour chairman has even condemned the players and wants to give out Lifetime bans?

Oh but of course, it wasn't you. Silly me.
Takedown
why would hew condemn the players ??? theyve done a great job ya fuckin arsehole...a would gee out lifetime bans but the fact is the manchester police didnt ahve the situation under control and its there own fault that there was rioting but mostly english people and irish people rioting.
Pieface
QUOTE(Takedown @ May 16 2008, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1436906[/snapback]
why would hew condemn the players ??? theyve done a great job ya fuckin arsehole...a would gee out lifetime bans but the fact is the manchester police didnt ahve the situation under control and its there own fault that there was rioting but mostly english people and irish people rioting.

Rofl, I made a mistake, I meant supporters. But face it, your own government, chairman and team are blaming the fans.
BRKS
So 175,000 Scottish fans there, yet you still manage to blame the English....
Takedown
your rite you fuckin pillock smile.gif YA FCUKIN ARSEHOLE :)CMION THE GERS THE ENGLISH STARTED IT NOT THE SCOTTISH smile.gif

AfonsoAlves
Away Chelsea!!!
Pez
BRKS, what do you think to the chelsea n man u game?
good game, but chelsea slipped at the end
Pieface
Haha! God I was on the edge off my seat for the whole match. Great end though and great win for us!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.