Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The snow storm
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
Genocidal
can someone please help im stuck on the missson from elizabeta the snow storm i can get the coke from the warehouse fine but the swat team always kill me i dont want to use cheats or anything but iam been tempted as i have failed this misson a bunch of times and am losing too much money to the hospital sad.gif
Shard
I had to give this mission a few of goes before I survived. What I did was plan ahead for my getaway by parking a fast car outside the old hospital (like where that first couple of gangmembers are outside). Take out all of the gangmembers carefully, using the cover system and the mini-map so you can see where they all are and once they're all dead, grab the coke. The best idea now is to take cover where you have a view of all of the entrances to the room, then you can pick the cops off one by one when they come in. I chose the big room near where the coke is (take a right then a left when exiting the coke room), with the explosive barrels, and I took cover behind the washing machine, giving me a clear shot at both doors and even down the hallway, and even an explosive barrel to blindfire at when a cop stood near it. Once there are no more cops on your radar, make a run for your car, and then it's up to you to lose the wanted level.
Mekstizzle
Take it real slow. Just try and kill as many gang members without losing any health. It's not that hard. Use the shotgun and keep blindfiring with it. Once the cops come, do the same thing except make your way out of the place. Aim for head shots as some of them have body armour and can take a few more hits. Keep killing the cops inside the place until they're no longer storming the building. Then slowly (using cover etc..) kill everyone outside. J

Jump in a cop car and then do the usual tactics of losing cops

That is:

Get rid of the tail - just keep making loads of turns, use alleyways etc.. just make sure that they can't find you - The helicopter isn't as hard to beat as you'd think
Once that's done, Get out of the zone (if they're not following you, it shouldn't be that hard)
Hide in an alleyway or a corner where they won't find you again
Wait out the time until the heat is off you
FuddMan
This mission is a lot easier once you know where the easy spots are.

To take out the gang members without losing any health, go round the back of the old hospital and you'll find a ladder which takes you to the second level. From there you can take out the enemies you see and then the explosives barrels for the ones you can't.

Once you've got the coke throw a few grenades at the NOOSE and charge out the front of the building. Run around to the right and you'll find a nice Jetmax waiting for you at the dock. Just go south until you lose the cops (the chopper can't keep up with you) and then you're done. Simple when you know how biggrin.gif
Thrilla in Manila
I tired calling kiki to clear my wanted level but she said that they are serious... she also said they are real serious when I had a 1 star level so it might be that I've been calling her to get the heat off of me recently...
Jesseeast
I used the shotgun and finished it the first try... Once you get out of the house run into the water and onto the speed boat and take off... You will get away very easily.
Nec
Heh, looks like I did it the hard way. Started ground level and took them all out, grabbed the coke, took out all the cops, grabbed a truck and was chased for a long time. Finally made it to a PNS. Took me 4 tries to get it.
Mad Space Ghost
EASIEST WAY!

Get out of the hospital once you get the coke going out of the front etrance run to your right and go through the cut out fence and go to the water now jump off the edge into the water u should see a jetmax get in it and outrun them from in the water!
braveheartofg
Wow, unsure.gif thanks Duffman for the ladder tip and eh...everyone else for the boats! really helped got it first time smile.gif

Lee
Also, there's a sniper mission not long before this one so you should have some sniper bullets left. You can kill any people outdoors before getting close. Then if you use the ladder like Duffman said, you can get a couple more from range once your inside.
GTA_CJ
Theres a health pack in the right back room.

Like as in if your facing where the swat guys are coming from, its the right back room.
Genocidal
thanks guys i did it thumbup.gif
adrian43092
QUOTE(Genocidal @ May 4 2008, 11:49 AM) [snapback]1430101[/snapback]
can someone please help im stuck on the missson from elizabeta the snow storm i can get the coke from the warehouse fine but the swat team always kill me i dont want to use cheats or anything but iam been tempted as i have failed this misson a bunch of times and am losing too much money to the hospital sad.gif

Yea. I had trouble with this mission as well. Your best bet on beating the mission is pickin' up some body armor from the gun supplier. Then go to the hospital and take it one guy at a time. As soon as the SWAT comes, kill the 3 that will come inside the building and hurry out of their to the bobcat truck in front of the hospital. Lose the 3 star wanted rating and take the cocaine to little jacob. Hope this Helps. rolleyes.gif

bOnEs
i actually did this one my first try, which was quite shocking considering that these intense gun fights usually end with me dying at least once...

i decided that i learned my lesson the hard way with manny's first mission... which is: look for alternate entrances... so, i walked around the back of the hospital and found the ladder duffman mentioned above... once inside, you can easily pick off most of the gang members from right up there on the second floor... once i got the drugs though, i carefully made my way out the front door by walking around with my gun in manual aim... as soon as i spotted someone, i held the button down all the way to lock onto them... shoot and move... shoot and move... shoot and move...

i ran across the field and right out front where my vehicle that i arrived in was still there... jumped in, and then it was just a matter of fleeing the cops, which took a while but, the chase was really fun and intense!!...
ViceMan
IMO that was the first HARD mission in-game, it took me three tries to do it, and I didn't know about the bloody jetmax parked in the water. Even the later missions seemed a lot easier than that one.
Scratch
There is also a speedboat outside - quite easy to lose cops! So far, this has been by-far the hardest mission.
Sarahske
QUOTE(Shard @ May 5 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]1430133[/snapback]
I had to give this mission a few of goes before I survived. What I did was plan ahead for my getaway by parking a fast car outside the old hospital (like where that first couple of gangmembers are outside). Take out all of the gangmembers carefully, using the cover system and the mini-map so you can see where they all are and once they're all dead, grab the coke. The best idea now is to take cover where you have a view of all of the entrances to the room, then you can pick the cops off one by one when they come in. I chose the big room near where the coke is (take a right then a left when exiting the coke room), with the explosive barrels, and I took cover behind the washing machine, giving me a clear shot at both doors and even down the hallway, and even an explosive barrel to blindfire at when a cop stood near it. Once there are no more cops on your radar, make a run for your car, and then it's up to you to lose the wanted level.

I struggled with this mission to, i just did exactly what Shard said and finished it without even getting shot once smile.gif so easy then, thanks.
Mzeppelin
This mission is pretty easy if you use proper cover. Just stay crouched down with a SMG, AK, or M4 out and keep covered behind walls, and you should be able to kill the SWAT pretty easily.
Get Inda Car HO 69
QUOTE(Mzeppelin @ May 6 2008, 11:53 PM) [snapback]1431551[/snapback]
This mission is pretty easy if you use proper cover. Just stay crouched down with a SMG, AK, or M4 out and keep covered behind walls, and you should be able to kill the SWAT pretty easily.

Word, the difficulty is highly overrated. I just cleared out all my enemies with a shotty and an assualt rifle, took out the NOOSE with the shotty, hightailed to the speed boat and all was good.

But it's best to do this mission in the day cause it's pretty hard to see at night, you may get lost.
jobs
QUOTE(Nec @ May 4 2008, 10:28 PM) [snapback]1430252[/snapback]
Heh, looks like I did it the hard way. Started ground level and took them all out, grabbed the coke, took out all the cops, grabbed a truck and was chased for a long time. Finally made it to a PNS. Took me 4 tries to get it.

Same here. Took me 5 tries or so.

QUOTE(Get Inda Car HO 69 @ May 7 2008, 06:04 AM) [snapback]1431553[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mzeppelin @ May 6 2008, 11:53 PM) [snapback]1431551[/snapback]

Word, the difficulty is highly overrated. I just cleared out all my enemies with a shotty and an assualt rifle, took out the NOOSE with the shotty, hightailed to the speed boat and all was good.

But it's best to do this mission in the day cause it's pretty hard to see at night, you may get lost.

This mission is, by far, the hardset I've tried (I'm around 60% through the game). I didn't know about the boat at the time though. I can imagine it being a whole lot easier to get away by water than by road.
Ophis-
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 5 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]1430824[/snapback]
i actually did this one my first try, which was quite shocking considering that these intense gun fights usually end with me dying at least once...

i decided that i learned my lesson the hard way with manny's first mission... which is: look for alternate entrances... so, i walked around the back of the hospital and found the ladder duffman mentioned above... once inside, you can easily pick off most of the gang members from right up there on the second floor... once i got the drugs though, i carefully made my way out the front door by walking around with my gun in manual aim... as soon as i spotted someone, i held the button down all the way to lock onto them... shoot and move... shoot and move... shoot and move...

i ran across the field and right out front where my vehicle that i arrived in was still there... jumped in, and then it was just a matter of fleeing the cops, which took a while but, the chase was really fun and intense!!...

Same here, you have got to remember that there is always "another way" so if something seems to obvous then 9 times out of 10 its probably not the best way!

I parked a tall 4x4 as near as i could (on the grass between the water and the hospital) then stood on its roof and used the sniper to take out a good 6/7 guys. Then i used the car to go around the back, and again used its roof to get into windows you arn't suppost to reach, Doing this let me kill most of the guys when they were not even facing me.

When i had the coke and the police started up, i took a sharp left out the room (where the coke is in) and walked slowly (but kept moving no matter what) straight up the coridoor with a shotgun, pumping away at everyone. Once you get to the end of the corridoor, you are in the first room which has the only ground exit. Use the Box in the near left corner for cover while a few cops try and make it into the door. then run for the nearest car!! (although, the speed boat would be easyier i guess. I didn't know it was there)
The Nut House
Okay, here's the easiest and fastest way to beat snow storm. Make sure you know where the hole in the fence is in front of the hospital, which is slightly to the right of where the exit is to the hospital. Once you killed all the bad guys which is easy, make sure you know how to get out of the hospital. After you get the Coke, run straight out to the 2nd hallway and make a left....run down this hallway into the main room where the exit is to the right. Run right out of the house and through the hole in the fence and jump into the water. There is a boat to the right which you can outrun all the cops with like everyone else posted. The key here is not to shoot any cops or bring your wanted level past 2 while you are in the hospital. The cops just shoot revolvers for the most part and don't do much damage until the big boys show up with the higher wanted levels. Just run past them all without shooting anyone. Hope I could help.
§ynch
Go up the back ladder.
Drop grenades. Snipe barrels.

Arm with M4, drop down.
Pick up coke, take out NOOSE idiots.

Take boat on the dock.
Fishman Dan
QUOTE(Nec @ May 5 2008, 06:28 AM) [snapback]1430252[/snapback]

Took me a few goes too. Was the first mission that really pissed me off.

I did it the conventional way, I cleared out all the bad guys and fully cased the hospital looking for the best exit. Then I grabbed the gear and made my way out, taking out the cops.

Finding an alternate car is the right idea, I took the truck and had my tires shot out in no time. I had to change cars 3 times in the ensuing chase through Algonquin! Being that it's the first mission with a chopper, I think it freaks you out a little so you panic.
Banana Boy
Mission requirements:
Pistol: 100 bullets+
Micro-SMG or SMG:500 bullets+
grenades:2-5
Assault Rifle (you may not have unlocked this yet):300 bullets
Full health and Armor

You can take this mission from the back at first, when you first arrive and activate the cut scene, it tells you that its all heavily gaurded. sneek into the back where you will find a ladder, climb up that ladder, and dont shoot until you take cover behind that square thing infront of you (what ever it is.) and YOU ARE STILL REMAINING YOUR STEALTH. DO NOT shoot the man infront of your cover, if you have a grenade, throw it down onto the first floor to set off all those propane containers, THEN take out your pistol and cap him before he gets a chance to shoot you, he may also be stupid enough to drop off those gaps and kill himself. (Hint: this is a basic breach and enter mission because everything in the building is all close range, this is Shotgun heaven)Try to clean up most the guys on the second floor before dropping down, after that jump down, and assault the room with Elizabeta's coke in it by 1. throw another grenade into it. or 2. take your time and shoot them off. there are a few armor spots in the building, and the armor in the first room where all the propan was, and there is another one in the coke room, there is also a regenerative health pack in a side coridoor, be careful not to get shot there because it may set off that propane container there too. clean off the other gang members, and sometime they only need one shot to kill because they may fall off the ledge and die when they hit the floor. After all that comotion, the NOOSE will arive with Carbines and SMG's, most of the cops will be armed with shotguns. Remember that this is still a Breach and Entering mission until you leave the building, on the way out of the building camp in the front entrance room behind cover to minimize damage taken, use your shotgun, camp out all the cops and NOOSE soldiers, WARNING: in this room the Helicopter above you the entire escape may begin to shoot at you in this room, kill the heli-gunners to make the helicopter leave, making the escape the much easier to finish. Before you exit the building some cops may have stayed away from the front door you have been camping, take out your SMG or Micro-SMG and clean the rest up, the best vehicle to use to get away in is a NOOSE patriot (looks like a Hummer H2), if one does not appear take the next fastest, and most durable vehicle. By this time the helicopter you scared off might return with more gunners, shake this one off and the followers on land and you are done.

QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 9 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1458616[/snapback]
Go up the back ladder.

Arm with M4, drop down.

Take boat on the dock.

at this time in the mission progress, they havent unlocked the M4 yet until "three leaf clover"
§ynch
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Aug 11 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1458905[/snapback]
Mission requirements:
Full health and Armor
<snip>
Go up the back ladder.

Arm with M4, drop down.

Take boat on the dock.

at this time in the mission progress, they havent unlocked the M4 yet until "three leaf clover"

The M4 is unlocked on DAY 1 dude.

It spawns in the Xero Gas factory on Bohan.
DAY 1 of game play it is available.
Deano23
Took me a while to beat it. TIP: Drive up to the Broker Round about when you are escaping gets you some serious speed and if a cop gets in your way your car will knock him out of the way. You should escape quickly just dont drive too far
GLC
QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 11 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1458922[/snapback]
Mission requirements:
Full health and Armor
<snip>
Go up the back ladder.

Arm with M4, drop down.

Take boat on the dock.

i think he means unlocked in the gun shops,as in you no long get the "unavailable" message or whatever it says. some peole can't be bothered to find the weapons thereselves tongue.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(GLC @ Sep 14 2008, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1464893[/snapback]
Mission requirements:
Full health and Armor
<snip>
Go up the back ladder.

Arm with M4, drop down.

Take boat on the dock.

i think he means unlocked in the gun shops,as in you no long get the "unavailable" message or whatever it says. some peole can't be bothered to find the weapons thereselves tongue.gif

Silly people. At the Xero factory, there is also an AK-47, so once
you pick up the M4, you get ANOTHER 30 rounds by climbing up
to get the AK-47 ammo. If I wait for shops to open up, I shouldn't
even bother playing this game, I rarely buy ammo, if at all.

The biggest trick to "Snow Storm" is knowing which side the boat is on,
because the NOOSE are unloading into Niko.

The boat is on the right side of the island, as you exit.
That is the Broker/Dukes side, not the other side.
Just jump down into the boat and in less than 1 minute
the wanted level is gone, no need for any street cop chases.
Zen
QUOTE(§ynch @ Sep 16 2008, 12:22 AM) [snapback]1465074[/snapback]
Mission requirements:
Full health and Armor
<snip>
Go up the back ladder.

Arm with M4, drop down.

Take boat on the dock.

Even then, it's not really difficult. If you find yourself on the wrong side (which I was at one point), shooting the NOOSE and moving around the back shouldn't cost you too much health. It didn't for me.
§ynch
QUOTE(Zen @ Sep 16 2008, 11:25 AM) [snapback]1465125[/snapback]
QUOTE(§ynch @ Sep 16 2008, 12:22 AM) [snapback]1465074[/snapback]
Mission requirements:
Full health and Armor
<snip>
Go up the back ladder.

Arm with M4, drop down.

Take boat on the dock.

Even then, it's not really difficult. If you find yourself on the wrong side (which I was at one point), shooting the NOOSE and moving around the back shouldn't cost you too much health. It didn't for me.

You're right Zen it's not. They can all be taken out fairly easily,
sometimes I'm just an ammo hog and don't want to waste it.
Plus if you're gonna run for the boat, might as well run the right direction. tongue.gif
Jimothey
Cheers for all the helpful hints guys. but as far as I can see, and i apologise if i'm wrong, but people have said 'get out of the hospital' this is where I'm stuck. I can't find the exit, and the NOOSE guys keep coming and I keep popping them off, but looking for an exit and trying to keep the cops off my tail, I just die.
I found the ladder, and the hole in the fence, didn't look in the water for the boat though.
Is the Coke room accessable from the outside? or an easier way in/out?
just asking before I try again.

EDIT!: OK I found a video on youtube, and counted the doorways he went thruogh and where he went. I also used the boat to get away, and I agree that it's far easier to out run the cops on the boat as you just just gun it in a straight line. Plus after I got rid of the cops, using the boat to park up near where LJ is. all in all I finished with just over 1 quarter health left, after starting with full health and armour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.