Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PlayStation World Magazine Confirms DLC For PS3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Qdeathstar
In the most recent issue of PlayStation World Magazine, GTA4's senior developer Jeronimo Barrer said that the PS3 would be definitely be receiving downloadable content, like the Xbox360. However, it is unclear what shape or size the DLC will come in, when it will be available, or if it will cost money.

You can view GameCollision.com's article here and in the mean time keep it tuned to GTA4.tv for all the latest breaking details!
CutThatCity
Awesome!! Cheers for the info.
Mekstizzle
I don't think it's going to be on the scale of the 360's content. Afterall, Microshaft paid $50 mill for exclusive Episodic Content. But, whatever it is, it should be cool.
Medic!
Great news! I have to admit I was getting a bit envious of 360 owners because of all of the exclusive stuff they've been getting, (but hey, it was paid for) however I am glad to see that the PS3 will possibly be getting some cool stuff as well. Hell, I don't even care if it's PS3 exclusive stuff or not, it'll be awsome to add on to the already impressive world of GTA IV.
yuriy
Sounds cool, i wonder if there will be things like alternative endings? Its a shame we wont be getting as much is 360 owners, its like they're getting back at us for not having GT5 tongue.gif
Samurai_tbag
QUOTE(yuriy @ May 3 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1429546[/snapback]
Sounds cool, i wonder if there will be things like alternative endings? Its a shame we wont be getting as much is 360 owners, its like they're getting back at us for not having GT5 tongue.gif

Since the 360 owners have PGR, the last thing they care about is GT5. It's MGS4 they're jealous about.

Anyway, good news, but it was pretty inevitable that PS3 owners would get DLC eventually. Just $50,000,000 later...
HB~Sauce
Hmmm, I'll wait and see what the DLC looks like before I buy into it. There's so much to do in the game already, alot of stuff I haven't even attempted.
GMT
that news made my day (that was actually really fucked up)
not that it's once more an ballancing news to hopefully end all this fanboi bullshit whether PS3 or 360 is better or not, it also came the way I always predicted it... to qoute myself: "I doubt R* wouldn't try to get DLC to the PS3 aswell"
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Excellent news, looking forward to seeing what it is. Sony could have paid Rockstar $50 million as well to get this, we don't know yet, so it could be some PS3 exclusive episodic content.
DiO
QUOTE(Lazzbrium @ May 3 2008, 05:26 PM) [snapback]1429661[/snapback]
Excellent news, looking forward to seeing what it is. Sony could have paid Rockstar $50 million as well to get this, we don't know yet, so it could be some PS3 exclusive episodic content.

Or it would be even more awesome if R* says "Fucking love yah sony, bai. heres a fucking bone" and they get fuckin deace DLC fer free. biiah.
Mr Pink
Really good to hear, hopefully Sony won't have to pay $50 mil for this one.
Thrilla in Manila
What the fuck is it?
Kuwong
ahh good to hear, shame it won't be the same as the 360 content though.
yuriy
Well, since sony doesnt have to pay for their DLC, I think we will have to pay less for our DLC than 360 users.
braveheartofg
For anyone who thinks it will be less content than the 360...
Microshaft paid 50 million only to delay dlc for ps3 by 4-6 months...it's the same stuff..just later!
Caliph
Just as I expected, this is very good news for all PS3 owners. So now I beg to ask if there are any more differences between both versions of the game. Xbox360 owners used to think they had the advantage over the PS3 with downloadable content, but since the Playstation3 is also getting its own I could whole-heartedly say that both version owners are going to experience the same fun and joy from GTAIV. However, now that I think of it the PS3 might have a slight upper-hand given that its going to have the same amount of features that GTAIV on the 360 would have, in addition to a faster gameplay experience thanks to the installation option they have. Crap, I gotta get myself a PS3 and fast!
TrIgGeR HaPpY
downloadable content was always free on pc. But these new consoles charge you for this kind of stuf, like new maps and stuff, its bullshit.
Ulster_Niko
This confirms what we all suspected, good news.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.