Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3 GTA4 file loading issue
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
FrankCastle
Has anyone else had this problem? I started the game up and when it gets to the end at which point it loads your saved game, it gets stuck. It stays as a black screen saying Loading... what ever mission you last did. And I can't get to my other manually saved game because I can't get into the game at all! I have to start all over!
OptimumPx
QUOTE(FrankCastle @ May 2 2008, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1429140[/snapback]
Has anyone else had this problem? I started the game up and when it gets to the end at which point it loads your saved game, it gets stuck. It stays as a black screen saying Loading... what ever mission you last did. And I can't get to my other manually saved game because I can't get into the game at all! I have to start all over!

Mine did that once...but then I used the PS button to go back to the PS3 main menu...reloaded GTA4 and this time it loaded my save game right up.
Kamahl
just delete the 3GB file and install it again :P

it worked for me...
FrankCastle
It was really weird. I deleted all my GTA4 saved files because I figured maybe they got corrupted, but even after I did that the game froze up when I tried starting a new game. Under my bro's log in the game started up fine. So when I deleted my account and created a new one it worked. The worst part is I deleted the saved games and I probably didn't have to. I should have backed them up. Oh well... I'm almost back to where I left off.
HB~Sauce
^ Did you have your internet connection enabled when this was happening? I'm just wondering because I'm paranoid that if I get my internet working and "enable" the internet its gonna screw up for me.
FrankCastle
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ May 3 2008, 01:00 AM) [snapback]1429209[/snapback]
^ Did you have your internet connection enabled when this was happening? I'm just wondering because I'm paranoid that if I get my internet working and "enable" the internet its gonna screw up for me.

Yes my net connection is always enabled. That doesn't make any sense though, because I think it's also enable in my bro's log in and he hasn't had this problem. I was playing again today and the system froze during a mission, so when I started the game up, guess what... I had the same issue happen to me again! But this time I backed up all my GTA4 saved files and then created a new PS3 log in account so that I was able to play without losing my progress. At least now I know how to fix the problem, but this is getting annoying. I don't want to have to create a new account everyday just to play this game. I can't figure out if it's a problem with the PS3 or the game. Maybe it just hates me because it doesn't give my bro any problems. I'll look into your Internet connection theory some more, you never know.
Kamahl
it's the game cause a lot of people have the same problem, myself included...

disable your internet connection and it will work, thats a problem if you wanna play online though, i don't know what to do now and i cant understand why i got this problem 8 hours after i started the game.
FrankCastle
QUOTE(Kamahl @ May 3 2008, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1429519[/snapback]
it's the game cause a lot of people have the same problem, myself included...

disable your internet connection and it will work, thats a problem if you wanna play online though, i don't know what to do now and i cant understand why i got this problem 8 hours after i started the game.

I looked into this more and I found out that it's not actually the Internet connection that causes the problem. You can keep your net connection enabled. Just don't log into your PS network account. Give that a try and I guarantee you'll see what I mean. I had my account set to auto log in to the PS network. So now that I disabled it, I don't have anymore issues. Then to confirm it I manually log into the PS network and started the game, and sure enough it froze.
HB~Sauce
It looks like the internet/PSN network is the problem, I'll enable it when Rockstar comes out with some kind of patch to fix the problem.

Loving the game though. happy.gif
ENVi3
yes, my game was working fine; but then one time it wouldn't load, so i backed up my save games, and deleted all the data but it still wouldn't get past the loading screen.
but then, coincidentally, i had a PSN disconnect and then i tried getting back on GTA4 and it worked, and i transfered my saves back and they worked too.
so basically just be sure to sign off the PSN.

but oddly enough, today i was able to play GTA4 while i was logged into the PSN .... so maybe network traffic issues is whats to blame. but, i really don't know; I'm just hoping for a patch.
Mekstizzle
Yeah, loads of people are having this problem. For me and quite a few people. Not being logged into the PSN has worked. Just wait for Rockstar to release a patch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.