Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Rock
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
purplehaze1967
Anything that ranges from about 1955-1999 you could consider classic rock, but what are some of your songs of the greatest days of rock. Metallica was at it's best, as was Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera. Grunge was huge, spacey stuff, The Beatles or The Rolling Stones, that music just killed today's music, by lightyears. What was your favorite decade/year(s)? What was your band(s), what was your song(s), all of that good stuff.

Some of my bands would have to be...

Nirvana, Alice In Chain, Metallica, Pantera, Def Leppard, Styx, Queen, Queensryche, Poison, Bad Company, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Guess Who, and so many more.

As far as songs, and decades, I love the 60's, and my band has to be The Jimi Hendrix Experience, just because of that one guy obviously.
gtasanandreasgeek
Guns And Roses>>>>>>>>>>

November rain is the shit.
NCP
Queen, Dire Straits, The Who, CCR, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Jim Croce, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Lynard Skynard, Neil Young, Mike Oldfield, REM, Simple Minds, Supertramp and many more.
Tyla
QUOTE(NCP @ May 6 2008, 02:18 PM) [snapback]1431205[/snapback]
Queen, Dire Straits, The Who, CCR, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Jim Croce, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Lynard Skynard, Neil Young, Mike Oldfield, REM, Simple Minds, Supertramp and many more.

Fine taste in music cool4.gif

Some of the early Iron Maiden stuff, Van Halen, Rush, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Rainbow, KISS, and all the stuff mentioned in the quote.
Sharpie Fetish
AC/DC Iron Maiden GWAR Queen metallica and alot more Not sure if the police could be defined in classic rock but Synchronicity II Pwns all
Ex-PS Fanboy
post #1000!

AC/DC
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
The Who
Thin Lizzy
Led Zepplin
Def Leppard
Jimmy Hendrix
Lynard Skynard
Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Mzeppelin
I'd sit here all day listing my favorite classic rock bands. But some of my top favs are Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Crosby Still And Nash, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, ect.
Mattay
Classic Rock from 1955 to 1999 is my ultimate favorite. Where to start?

Lynyrd Skynyrd (my all time favorite band...hence my sig)
Guns and Roses
Metallica
Jimi Hendrix
Queen
Stevie Ray Vaughan
The Beatles
Eric Clapton
Bruce Springsteen
AC/DC
The Rolling Stones
Black Sabbath
Velvet Revolver
The Yardbirds
Deep Purple
The Eagles
Jeff Beck
KISS
Led Zeppelin

Rock and roll is incredible.
Ridikul
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Led Zep
Jimi Hendrix
The Beatles
Thin Lizzy
Steely Dan
Steve Miller Band
Rush
Styx
TheAnalogKid2112
Rush.
Ridikul
Rush rules.
mgc2372
well i was thinking of a particular individual and went searching on youtube and found this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5E-0q3NEso...feature=related

it is a tribute to terry kath of the then rock band chicago,it features one of his best songs from chicago XI.i "discovered" him around 1988,10 years after he died.i was 16.other classic bands that i was a fan of.in no particular order...

1.genesis
2.rush
3.blood sweat & tears
4.styx
5.yes
6.queen
7.queensryche
new major on the block
Don't forget about the Crue. You can't have this discussion and not mention Motley Crue with the rest of those great bands.
JoelManiac
ZZ Top
Queen
Pink Floyd
for me
stevewestbelfast
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 6 2008, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1445617[/snapback]
ZZ Top
Queen
Pink Floyd
for me

FUCK UR ROCK AND ROLL CRAP LISTEN TO THE SOUNDS THAT MAKE THE HAIRS ON UR BACK GO UP THE SOUNDS THAT GIVE U UR FIRST PUBE LISTEN TO HARDSTYLE DJ TECHNOBOY ZANY TANTANKA LUNA LADY DANA
coreyko_2003
QUOTE(stevewestbelfast @ Jun 6 2008, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1445624[/snapback]
QUOTE(JoelManiac @ Jun 6 2008, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1445617[/snapback]
ZZ Top
Queen
Pink Floyd
for me

FUCK UR ROCK AND ROLL CRAP LISTEN TO THE SOUNDS THAT MAKE THE HAIRS ON UR BACK GO UP THE SOUNDS THAT GIVE U UR FIRST PUBE LISTEN TO HARDSTYLE DJ TECHNOBOY ZANY TANTANKA LUNA LADY DANA

lolwut????

Are you high or something? (no, thats not flaming.....he made little sense)

But yeah, I like classic rock.....first band I listened to, and ironically enough, was Black Sabbath.
Obama
the only music worth listening to is classic rock.

the best classic rock in no particular order:

Pink floyd
Lynard skynard
Queen
Creedence clearwater revival
Jimi hendrix
Joe Walsh
Buffalo Springfield
The doors
The beatles
Steppenwolf
The Rolling Stones
The Stranglers
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Free / Bad company
Handsome B Wonderful
Thin Lizzy ftw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.