Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stuck with no job..
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2
tree18is
The only jobs I can do right now are Romans taxi crap, and Little jacobs jobs.. other wise no one else picks up there phones.
I did find Badman, but I died on the mission. Probably scrwed huh.
Jack De La Mare
QUOTE(tree18is @ Apr 30 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1427006[/snapback]
The only jobs I can do right now are Romans taxi crap, and Little jacobs jobs.. other wise no one else picks up there phones.

No... do Roman's and LJ's missions.
tree18is

No... do Roman's and LJ's missions.
[/quote]

Okay now i did everything, fucked the bitch for the third time and all the jobs are done on both ends... and i found the coke head who gave me 100 bucks... stuck.. its bull shit. all everyone wants to do is play around no jobs or new missions.
TheM33p
So, are you stuck without any story missions or anything like that? which mission were the last you've did? maby i can help you then :)
Eldarto
Have you done all of Vlad's Mission's Yet?
tree18is
Yeah i killed vlad, and all that is says after i saved it is shadow..

Ive done all of little jacobs jobs, The cousin's and now there is no destinations on the map to go to, or people with jobs.. but the last completed mission was "shadow", which is the drug drop off ones..
im really getting frustrated.
grimface1987
Just "Call" Roman. He tells you to meet him. Theres a cutscene and a new boss to work for.
tree18is
QUOTE(grimface @ May 1 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1427483[/snapback]
Just "Call" Roman. He tells you to meet him. Theres a cutscene and a new boss to work for.

Nope all he's good for is titties and the bar... and his cab service..

I broke the game, its in JOB limbo.

there is NO ONE TO WORK FOR!
NO ONE TO CALL!
AND WHAT THE FUCK!
Thrilla in Manila
lol man what the fuck

You might have missed a call or a message or something or declined a mission or some shit without knowing. CHECK EVERYTHING
~joel~
I just kiled playbox X and called dwayn.

now what do i do thers nothing to do besides little jacob and my cousins mission and brucie's

Do i gota do all that shit before i can start working for a new guy?
Thrilla in Manila
omfg use the fucking spoiler tags
~joel~
wat the fuck are spoiler tag's
Eldarto
QUOTE(~joel~ @ May 1 2008, 07:13 AM) [snapback]1427624[/snapback]
wat the fuck are spoiler tag's

Its what you put in your post so you don't SPOIL the game for people who haven't made it as far as you yet.

[spoiler]You hide your text so people who want to read it can, and people who don't, won't.[/spoiler]

Just highlight the black bar you'll see what i mean.
TheM33p
QUOTE(tree18is @ May 1 2008, 05:11 AM) [snapback]1427556[/snapback]
QUOTE(grimface @ May 1 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1427483[/snapback]

Nope all he's good for is titties and the bar... and his cab service..

I broke the game, its in JOB limbo.

there is NO ONE TO WORK FOR!
NO ONE TO CALL!
AND WHAT THE FUCK!

Which icons shows up on your map? There should be someone to do a mission for.

QUOTE(~joel~ @ May 1 2008, 07:52 AM) [snapback]1427617[/snapback]
I just kiled playbox X and called dwayn.

now what do i do thers nothing to do besides little jacob and my cousins mission and brucie's

Do i gota do all that shit before i can start working for a new guy?

If you mean missions, yes you gotta do them.
If you mean Jobs, then i really don't know, you should have some missions to do, check all your messages and see if they tell you anything about any mission.

QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ May 1 2008, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1427620[/snapback]
omfg use the fucking spoiler tags

If you don't want spoilers, don't read this forum, they're marked to contain spoilers, and to read at your own risk.
tree18is
Im starting over I think.. I played for like two hours last night with no luck except some hotdog stand carnage.

so. im pissed! no icon for nothing except shops and food.
and little jacob and roman only want to play darts..
Dan37290
That can't happen, you can't just be stranded, R* knows to test shit to make sure that can't happen..

You must not be seeing something thats obvious. Don't just call people, go to them. or just wait around for a phone call.
stinkyfisheggs
The exact same thing happened to me. I'm assuming that if you check your stats on pause menu the missions for Faustin are incomplete?

If so, then just go to his house and the mission arrow will be there, just not on the map.
Ophis-
QUOTE(tree18is @ May 1 2008, 06:07 PM) [snapback]1428075[/snapback]
Im starting over I think.. I played for like two hours last night with no luck except some hotdog stand carnage.

so. im pissed! no icon for nothing except shops and food.
and little jacob and roman only want to play darts..

You need to make better friends with Roman, so he likes you alot more otherwise you will not get work from him. Then you need to do his missions for the game to carry on where something big happens with him and you.
craniumkick
dude i am stuck to there is no story mission at all soo i guess i have to do the shitty side missions for my friends are what? this fucking sucks i shouldnt have to do my friends jobs that are all the same. is this what i have to do?

actually nevermind i went to romans thing on my phone and there are no jobs however i only did one delivery job for him does this mean i need to restart my game all over again? even when im 60% completed
great
stinkyfisheggs
go to stats on pause menu and look at mission completion percentage for each person. What happened to me was that the F for Faustin disappeared off the map so I thought i had no story missions, but I went to his house, where the F should be, and the mission arrow was there.
Mourning Would
Same here. when i go to the 69th street diner to meet up with french tom, he isnt there.
braveheartofg
QUOTE(Mourning Would @ May 3 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1429679[/snapback]
Same here. when i go to the 69th street diner to meet up with french tom, he isnt there.

missed the date? You will need to start thee mission again if you missed the date...
Lee
I got stuck at the same point for a bit. Roman was the only one showing up on the map so I phoned him for a job and he just got me doing his taxi shit. If you phone him and just select "call" instead of "Job" it will move you on to the next part of the story.
Flash Light
you need to wait sometimes ... go do a side mission or something
Lowe88
I have the same problem, there are no mission icons on my map. I started the mission "Final Interview" and then I answered on the law firm job. And then, when I was supposed to get a call from the law firm, I got a weird text message where they said that the job wasn't available right now. Then I made some side jobs and shit but there are still no mission icons on my map. And now when i check my phone's inbox, the message is not even there anymore. Someone who knows what to do?
Mourning Would
how do i restart the mission. i called roman already.
venomdelsol
QUOTE(Lowe88 @ May 4 2008, 01:41 PM) [snapback]1430027[/snapback]
I have the same problem, there are no mission icons on my map. I started the mission "Final Interview" and then I answered on the law firm job. And then, when I was supposed to get a call from the law firm, I got a weird text message where they said that the job wasn't available right now. Then I made some side jobs and shit but there are still no mission icons on my map. And now when i check my phone's inbox, the message is not even there anymore. Someone who knows what to do?

the same thing is going on in my game. same spot and i have been running around hanging out with roman, going on dates, and doing all the random people missions for about six hours and still no mission to do. what the hell. what do we need to do to get past this point. this is the second time i had issues trying to find missions to do. please help.
bape
i am getting the exact same problem as you, im on the 'final interview' part, have done all the side missions, and there appears to be NO more missions on the map, i tried calling every1 but no luck. story line should be a bit more continuous i think...... think the order i did the missions messed it up for some reason.... thanks for any1 who has any tips

QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 5 2008, 03:18 AM) [snapback]1430447[/snapback]

the same thing is going on in my game. same spot and i have been running around hanging out with roman, going on dates, and doing all the random people missions for about six hours and still no mission to do. what the hell. what do we need to do to get past this point. this is the second time i had issues trying to find missions to do. please help.

have u been running around to figure it out for 6 hours in real time or GTA time? cos ive been trying for pretty much the whole day, so about a week in GTA time i think......
ive done all the 'most wanted' missions in the police cars but nothing. I NEEED JOBS!!! so frustrating... have you triggered any missions with dwayne?? cos i havent......
venomdelsol
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 02:23 AM) [snapback]1430449[/snapback]
i am getting the exact same problem as you, im on the 'final interview' part, have done all the side missions, and there appears to be NO more missions on the map, i tried calling every1 but no luck. story line should be a bit more continuous i think...... think the order i did the missions messed it up for some reason.... thanks for any1 who has any tips

QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 5 2008, 03:18 AM) [snapback]1430447[/snapback]

have u been running around to figure it out for 6 hours in real time or GTA time? cos ive been trying for pretty much the whole day, so about a week in GTA time i think......
ive done all the 'most wanted' missions in the police cars but nothing. I NEEED JOBS!!! so frustrating... have you triggered any missions with dwayne?? cos i havent......

it's been about 8 normal hours and still nothin. it's pissing me off. is it just a few people with the same problem or everyone. someone has to have a solution to this problem. i'm getting tired of playing iand i have played all the gtas from the beginning and never had this problem. can anyone help us.
bape
venomdelsol i have posted this query on the ps3 GTA4 forum, so i will let u know if i find out anything but literally i have tried EVERYTHING i can and nothing so fingers crossed!

p.s. have u had any missions with dwayne? i cant meet any1 but roman, michelle, and 2 other chicks niko is dating!
venomdelsol
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 03:31 AM) [snapback]1430469[/snapback]
venomdelsol i have posted this query on the ps3 GTA4 forum, so i will let u know if i find out anything but literally i have tried EVERYTHING i can and nothing so fingers crossed!

p.s. have u had any missions with dwayne? i cant meet any1 but roman, michelle, and 2 other chicks niko is dating!

no meetings with dwayne. can meet with roman, brucie, michelle, and carmen. what is the other chicks name you are dating. i have done all the random character except jeff 3. he is'nt where he is supposed to be. the only other thing i can think off is a friend put in two cheat codes. one for the nrg900 and health. he said it wouldn't hurt nothing. i only used the nrg900 becuase i like the bikes. he has used the health a couple of times. have you used any codes. from what i found out the nrg900 code doesn't affect nothing the the health code stops yoou from doing missions toward the end. there not in the main story line. other then that i have no idea what to do or try. let me know what you find out.
bape
QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 5 2008, 06:06 AM) [snapback]1430495[/snapback]

no meetings with dwayne. can meet with roman, brucie, michelle, and carmen. what is the other chicks name you are dating. i have done all the random character except jeff 3. he is'nt where he is supposed to be. the only other thing i can think off is a friend put in two cheat codes. one for the nrg900 and health. he said it wouldn't hurt nothing. i only used the nrg900 becuase i like the bikes. he has used the health a couple of times. have you used any codes. from what i found out the nrg900 code doesn't affect nothing the the health code stops yoou from doing missions toward the end. there not in the main story line. other then that i have no idea what to do or try. let me know what you find out.

yeah i have only used the code for health&armour 362-555-0100 as it does not affect the main missions.... i cant even meet up with brucie, he is never there for drinking or games..... bit strange. 2 other chicks niko is dating are kiki 'law girl' and carmen, but i dont think they have any influence on the main missions.... random characters dont think affect the main misssions either.... i will keep looking, not much helpful replies yet (people keep going on about d suit and stuff but i dont think they realise i cant get onto the mission....) let us know if u find anything. If all else fails there is a saved game file on one of the forums which has been completed to about 25% which is earlier on than where i am.....
venomdelsol
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 05:38 AM) [snapback]1430500[/snapback]

yeah i have only used the code for health&armour 362-555-0100 as it does not affect the main missions.... i cant even meet up with brucie, he is never there for drinking or games..... bit strange. 2 other chicks niko is dating are kiki 'law girl' and carmen, but i dont think they have any influence on the main missions.... random characters dont think affect the main misssions either.... i will keep looking, not much helpful replies yet (people keep going on about d suit and stuff but i dont think they realise i cant get onto the mission....) let us know if u find anything. If all else fails there is a saved game file on one of the forums which has been completed to about 25% which is earlier on than where i am.....

the only other thing i found out was little jacob likes me 40% which at 40% like he drops off, what ever that means. the book says you joining him for activities goes toward 100% completion of the game. i wonder if he stops doing stuff with you if thats stopping us from moveing on. i don't know this is a pain. somebody has to know something.
phubbes
can anybody help me? i unlocked all islands ans want to do stevie car missions but i didnt get a message from him. i did evrey brucie mission and all races but no message. do i have to end story first and then i get the message? please help

peace phubbes
bape
QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 5 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1430733[/snapback]

the only other thing i found out was little jacob likes me 40% which at 40% like he drops off, what ever that means. the book says you joining him for activities goes toward 100% completion of the game. i wonder if he stops doing stuff with you if thats stopping us from moveing on. i don't know this is a pain. somebody has to know something.

at the moment i am on.....
Roman like 100 respect 100 mission progress 60
jacob like 44 respect 51 mission progress 100 (i dont understand how cos im sure ive done about only 2 of his missions)
manny mission progress 100
elizabeta mission progress 100
dwayne like 50 respect 50
brucie like 68 respect 100 mission progress 100
playboy mission progress 66.67
francis mission progress 16.67

seen couple people from other forum having this same problem as us too, could it be a bug if u do the missions in a certain order??
p.s. I never called roman for a job previously, now the option isnt there....
TexasDominators
all you probably needed to do was check your emails.
bape
QUOTE(TexasDominators @ May 5 2008, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1430826[/snapback]

checked every single email over and over and over, its a dead end with the emails atm too
crazyturkey
Mallorie hasnt called asking for roman???
bape
QUOTE(crazyturkey @ May 5 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1430868[/snapback]

NO!? i have no idea wots going on. it cant be the health and armour codes, cos i know sum1 who has used all the cheats from mission 1 and has gone way past this point...... i need jobs, no icons on the map!? why why why

venomdelsol
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1430810[/snapback]
QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 5 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1430733[/snapback]

at the moment i am on.....
Roman like 100 respect 100 mission progress 60
jacob like 44 respect 51 mission progress 100 (i dont understand how cos im sure ive done about only 2 of his missions)
manny mission progress 100
elizabeta mission progress 100
dwayne like 50 respect 50
brucie like 68 respect 100 mission progress 100
playboy mission progress 66.67
francis mission progress 16.67

seen couple people from other forum having this same problem as us too, could it be a bug if u do the missions in a certain order??
p.s. I never called roman for a job previously, now the option isnt there....
[/q

roman like 100% repspect 100% mission progress 60%
jacob like 40% respect 86% mision progress 100%
faustin mission progress 100%
manny mission progress 100%
elizabeta mission progress 50%
dwayne like 50%
dwayne respect 50%
brucie like 100% repect 100% mission progress 100%
playboy mission progress 66.67%
francis mission progress 16.67%
game progress 35.67%
37 missions past
56 days past
carmen foundness 100%
michelle foundness 100%.
what else do i need to get further in the game. ANYBODY
and to answer bape ? i think after the cab place burns down you can't do roman jobs anymore.

QUOTE(crazyturkey @ May 5 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]1430868[/snapback]

nope
ViceMan
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1430832[/snapback]
QUOTE(TexasDominators @ May 5 2008, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1430826[/snapback]

checked every single email over and over and over, its a dead end with the emails atm too

Make sure you REPLY to all e-mails, don't just check them.
bape
VENOMDELSOL, sorry to say but i think its pretty obvious that its a glitch in the game, just from exploring i found out LOADS more people had this exact same problem, check this forum......

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=336946&st=0
venomdelsol
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1430902[/snapback]
VENOMDELSOL, sorry to say but i think its pretty obvious that its a glitch in the game, just from exploring i found out LOADS more people had this exact same problem, check this forum......

BAPE, i see that many people have the same problem. i have been trying to find a tech number to call for help becasue it looks like the only option is to start over and theres still a chance it will happen again if so many people r haveing problems. i've played all the other gtas and never had this problem and this is supposed to be there best one yet. and many people r haveing issues. i can't find a number to call to talk to someone though. someone somewhere should have a simple answer to fixing this, we just need to find out who and how to fix it. either way this sucks. i don't want to start over and do all that shit again and it happen again. then what i payed $60 for a game and can only play some of it it's bullshit.
bape
QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 5 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]1430914[/snapback]

BAPE, i see that many people have the same problem. i have been trying to find a tech number to call for help becasue it looks like the only option is to start over and theres still a chance it will happen again if so many people r haveing problems. i've played all the other gtas and never had this problem and this is supposed to be there best one yet. and many people r haveing issues. i can't find a number to call to talk to someone though. someone somewhere should have a simple answer to fixing this, we just need to find out who and how to fix it. either way this sucks. i don't want to start over and do all that shit again and it happen again. then what i payed $60 for a game and can only play some of it it's bullshit.

yeah i know, raising a different niko will just not be the same for me.... plus ive done so much of the side missions now, all we can do i suppose is wait and see if sum1 comes up with a solution cos im not really wanting to start again.... but people on the other forum states that when they started again, this problem didnt occur. however, i have received a save file from one person who is on 25% and just finished doing the final interview mission, if u need it i will send it over, but i havent yet tested it cos i want to carry on with my niko....

p.s. are u using 360 or ps3?
venomdelsol
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1430926[/snapback]

yeah i know, raising a different niko will just not be the same for me.... plus ive done so much of the side missions now, all we can do i suppose is wait and see if sum1 comes up with a solution cos im not really wanting to start again.... but people on the other forum states that when they started again, this problem didnt occur. however, i have received a save file from one person who is on 25% and just finished doing the final interview mission, if u need it i will send it over, but i havent yet tested it cos i want to carry on with my niko....

i'm on ps3. i heard people that r starting over have the same problem in the same spot. if you try out the 25% thing and it works let me know and send it to me. there still has to be something better then that. i tryed getting to rockstar site to see if i could contact them about it but couldn't find a place to do it.
bape
QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 6 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]1430970[/snapback]

i'm on ps3. i heard people that r starting over have the same problem in the same spot. if you try out the 25% thing and it works let me know and send it to me. there still has to be something better then that. i tryed getting to rockstar site to see if i could contact them about it but couldn't find a place to do it.

maybe people on 360 aint having these problems? i dont think there is much use in contacting rockstar, they will be far to busy with the aftermath of the launch and ps3 multiplayer problems, so they prob wont give a damn... i havent tried the save file yet as i am too waiting for a fix. keep trying and let me know if u find out anything
venomdelsol
QUOTE(bape @ May 5 2008, 11:56 PM) [snapback]1430984[/snapback]
QUOTE(venomdelsol @ May 6 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]1430970[/snapback]

maybe people on 360 aint having these problems? i dont think there is much use in contacting rockstar, they will be far to busy with the aftermath of the launch and ps3 multiplayer problems, so they prob wont give a damn... i havent tried the save file yet as i am too waiting for a fix. keep trying and let me know if u find out anything

ok hopefully somebody comes up with something fast because i'm starting to feel i wasted $60 on this game. my wireless controller also crapped out around the same time this shit started happening. its acting wierd the controls r different on it and it wont turn off the ps3 nomore from the controller, it's a good thing i have the ps2 controller and connector so i can still play the game. i 've never had problems like this on ps2. hit me back if find something out.

team440
I am also stuck at the same point Final Interview Part 1 in the game i don't plan on playing anymore (except for multi-player) till its fixed. God damn they had like what 3 years to get er done this is balls.
bape
might be onto sumthin, did u people buy a suit, BEFORE the final interview mission??
Mzeppelin
QUOTE(tree18is @ Apr 30 2008, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1427006[/snapback]

That means you do their jobs to progress..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.