Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Sounds
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
DiO
Every car sounds the exact same and they sound really weak. they look fantastic and this is the greatest game ive ever played. but the car sounds are horrible.
TheAnalogKid2112
i agree.
TommyVercettiPizza
So there's no satisfying, music-to-my-ears, acceleration-y noise when you cruise in the Infernus, like in Vice City? :-(
calimann83
Really? Im not sure if I agree with that. Ill have to listen more closely.
Lochar
I agree with this as well, from trucks to cars they all sound the same or doesnt seem to be a huge distinction as I was hoping. I guess with the radio going or shoouts, or conversation it wasnt a major point.

Havent found an infernus yet tho...

They are amazing tho aside from that..Hehe stole a junker and thought police were shooting me til realized was the damn backfiring.
Jesseeast
QUOTE(Lochar @ Apr 29 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1426473[/snapback]
I agree with this as well, from trucks to cars they all sound the same or doesnt seem to be a huge distinction as I was hoping. I guess with the radio going or shoouts, or conversation it wasnt a major point.

Havent found an infernus yet tho...

They are amazing tho aside from that..Hehe stole a junker and thought police were shooting me til realized was the damn backfiring.

I found one.

I agree to with this one though... Sometime's it sound's slightly different then the car you drive before that but IMO..
DonkeyTits
The car sounds truly are horrible. It reminds me of the poor job that Grand Turismo did.
DiO
this does confuse me. they spent so much time on audio with ambience and dialogue but the chinced on the cars?
DonkeyTits
I was impressed with the way they made some cars rev, such as the Blista Compact. It is very unique, and it does sound like you're driving a CRX, but most cars do sound like they're powered by a vacume cleaner motor.
Korben
Agreed. Being a biker in real life I looked out for motorbikes in the game and when I found a PCJ it sounded more like a 125cc than a 600cc. Not best pleased with it. Motorbikes rev high, and they don't seem to have taken this into account at all.

The cruiser bikes (Not sure of name) sound like they are about to break down.

Like you say though mate, great game otherwise.
mr fingers
the choppers sound like a electric lawn mower in past gta's the bikes sounded quite realistic, who the hell did the sounds this time, i am not all that happy with the guns sounds either , they had all this time to polish and buff up this game but skimp on sound effects talk about tone deaf.
IV...Whudyadoooooooooooon?
Agreed. The car sounds blow a big one. It's like they didn't even try.
Also, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE LOADING SCREENS?
One of the simple things that got me hyped about this game was, NO LOADING SCREENS.
From Wikipedia: A Rockstar spokesperson claimed, "you can basically play the game from beginning to end without a single load screen."[29] However, load times are present in the final product.
What the HELL.
Nec
I only get loading screens for mission-type things so far. None the rest of the time
Mekstizzle
Yeah, they're pretty much exactly like Gran Turismo - I.e: Shit

So far I've only driven somewhat shitty cars though
Soliex
I know the infernus sounds pretty good, makes a distinct noise when chaning gears, flames shoot from the exhaust to. very small flames but noticable.
SpazzedMoose
Maybe R* will fix the sounds with patches?
nevermind
someone just have to contact R* to tell them about this, and maybe they will make a patch then with better sounds ye
TommyVercettiPizza
The important thing is, does it still sound good when cars blow up? Jumpy.gif
nathaniel
[quote name='Destruction-Overdrive' post='1426393' date='Apr 29 2008, 11:07 PM']Every car sounds the exact same and they sound really weak. they look fantastic and this is the greatest game ive ever played. the car sounds are horrible.
the car sounds are cool thumbup.gif

[quote name='nathaniel' date='Apr 25 2009, 08:54 PM' post='1498609']
[quote name='Destruction-Overdrive' post='1426393' date='Apr 29 2008, 11:07 PM']Every car sounds the exact same and they sound really weak. they look fantastic and this is the greatest game ive ever played. the car sounds are horrible.

the car sounds are cool thumbup.gif
Banana Boy
QUOTE(DonkeyTits @ Apr 29 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]1426502[/snapback]
The car sounds truly are horrible. It reminds me of the poor job that Grand Turismo did.

gran turismo is the last thing from "poor"

all car sounds are different, in Gran Turismo 4 there were over 650 different cars, all wil different sounds

and cars could be tuned inwhich that sound would change
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.