Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA4 Officially Released!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Qdeathstar
GTA4 has officially been released in New York City, NY, United States!

Several retailers have stayed open for a midnight launch of 2008's most anticipated game, however, if your reading this it's to late to get in line as several reports indicate that lines started to form 2-3 hours before the official launch.

Psy got his a bit earlier that us American's and I'm sure he's been playing non-stop to bring is the latest guides and walkthrus!

Stay tuned to GTA4.tv for the latest information.
SlickCriminal92
Damn, this is amazing. I bet 1,000,000 people will buy it overnight and millions more in the following week. R* has truly outdone themselfs!

40 SECONDS LEFT ON THE TIMER!!
Hardcore Ottoman
Yeah, it's on my counter. Goodnight. I'll figure out my tag later and get into the forum clan.
Qdeathstar
On my computer i was 15 seconds late...
mundy
gotta wait for delivery from amazon
TreeFitty
QUOTE(top of page @ RIGHT NOW!)
GTA4 is out NOW!to go!

laugh.gif
mundy
its here
OptimumPx
Oh dear lord this game is awesome. I've only done one mission...then spent the rest of my time so far running around Broker and Dukes. happy.gif
Caliguy
I pre-ordered from Amazon and received the game today at noon (April 28th). I was surprised it came this early! But then again, San Andreas came a day early, too.

Game is AMAZING!
TreeFitty
QUOTE(Caliguy @ Apr 29 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]1425640[/snapback]
I pre-ordered from Amazon and received the game today at noon (April 27th). I was surprised it came this early! ...

huh.gif
Caliguy
QUOTE(TreeFitty @ Apr 28 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1425641[/snapback]
I pre-ordered from Amazon and received the game today at noon (April 27th). I was surprised it came this early! ...

huh.gif

Yeah my bad, April 28th smile.gif Woooot! I can't wait to unlock the other islands.
TreeFitty
haha lol that's better tongue.gif
The_Technician
Oooooh my gawd

i cannot wait to play. since logging on to the forum i've become a dissatisfyed peice of posting goo.

well i may have mine by friday!

Aridpheonix
this game is motherfucking sweet, i still haven't gone to bed since yesterday!!!1!11! biggrin.gif fucking great. i would be getting up to go to school usually but instead i got 6 healthy hours of GTA IV rather than sleep. ahh life is great. oh my god so fun back to playing it. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D
DrS
I buy it at lunch time with a xbox, taking 1 hours of metro and play it half an hour before returning to my crap job.

It looks amazing, but I played it on a normal TV, tonight I put it on my computer screen hope it looks a bit better.

The hand brake is completely different from San Andreas, you really need to release the button quickly until you lose control of your car.
The first island is not that big, comparing to the last game. I hope to see some "how to control your cars" topics soon, the driving is different on each vehicles.
-spyder-
My copy still hasent arrived! sad.gif

also QD, whats with your spelling lately tongue.gif
Masta
I pre-ordered from Amazon and received the game today at noon (April 28th). I was surprised it came this early! But then again, San Andreas came a day early, too.

Game is AMAZING!

I hate you.

I've had the game pre-ordered for months now, but it won't come for another 2-3 days for me. dry.gif

I pre-ordered through FutureShop because in the past I've gotten my games the day they came out all but one time(Hitman: Blood Money was a day later), but apparently due to the shear scope of the release of GTAIV it's going to take a few days to get it to me(I'm hoping it comes tomorrow). But I may get a GTA IV hat out of it, preorder customers get first dibs on them and then while supplies last in store buyers get them, but I think that promo started after I ordered my copy so I won't get one. sad.gif

I've been staying away from here as much as possible because I didn't want to ruin the excitement of the game for me but with it being out now and me not getting it for a couple more days I just can't help it, I want to see what kind of reviews regular users will give it. Official reviews are good but I put more stock in the reviews of regular users.
-spyder-
My copy hasent fucking turned up either, yesterday they upgraded my delivery to UPS courier, and they said it was in transit

mad.gif

Mr Pink
I am going to choke my mailman next time I see him if my GTA IV doesn't arrive today.
Hitman540
got mine last night at about 11:58.
i was the first in line at my store,
i think i'm the first in Arkansas to purchase it lol.

so far its good, i love it, and GAMESPOT GAVE IT A 10!
...eyeyeye wat is this world coming too when gamspot have EVER given a 10.
*correct me if i'm wrong*

*slight Spoiler*

[spoiler]The Internet is great, i love the eyefind.info search engine,
the missions are alot easier than past gta games, at least for me. seeing as how i would usually put in a cheatcode to make it go faster.
still on the first/2nd island just getting to the dude that neko thinks is a steriod dumbass.
and yeah i might give my final thoughts when i'm done with it. but so far i love it!
*cant blame gamespot!*[/spoiler]

btw since my copy gave me a 1 month xbl gold membership, i MIGHT be on probablly tommorow night once i have all islands unlocked.
Jesseeast
Got mine now :D.
§ynch
Everything in the game is SO interesting......I'm trippin'...
theCONNN
i got the game last night at midnight! woo hoo! so stoked!
cant wait to get home tonight to play!

theconnn
Thrilla in Manila
What makes NYC so special? It was released to the whole U.S.A. at 12:00 AM on April 29th, 2008
The_Technician
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 30 2008, 12:09 PM) [snapback]1426497[/snapback]
What makes NYC so special? It was released to the whole U.S.A. at 12:00 AM on April 29th, 2008

NY is where the game is set, so they may as well use that as the marker city, as not all of America is on the same time zone.
mundy
i officially have no clue when im gettin the game. i ordered it off amazon on the 16th but they are acting crazy, and said it wasnt authorized until the 27 of april and that they were continuing with the order, maybe a delay, not enough product? im not sure, they told me if i didnt have a conformation email of the orders shipment by may 16th to contact them, screw the 16th if i dont have it by next tuesday, i am going to flip the fuck out, and i want my special edition too, they better not try and give me regular ill go crazy, i want what i paid for
mundy
just got the conformation email, itll be here tomorrow yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.