Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HDTV
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
GUTS
Okay so i just got a samsung 46 inch hdtv and when I set my ps3 to 1080i (witch is the highest resolution for tv) everything gets smaller (not sure if thats normal) but more clear. More importantly though is that when playing a game (cod4) there are certain parts where the screen fades slightly yellowish (really annoying) but the picture does look better (aside from the weird fading)............ I switched it back to regular and there is no fading so not sure... I don't mind not playing in hd but it would be cool if someone could help me out. Thanks cool.gif
FrankCastle
I know that samsung sometimes releases firmware updates for some of their HDTVs, so the best thing to do is check their site to see if there are any updates available for your set.
Caliguy
You said that 1080i is the highest for TV, did you mean that is the highest for your TV or TVs in general? 1080p is better than 1080i.

That could be the problem. Try different resolutions of HD.
GUTS
QUOTE(FrankCastle @ Apr 28 2008, 05:35 PM) [snapback]1425407[/snapback]
I know that samsung sometimes releases firmware updates for some of their HDTVs, so the best thing to do is check their site to see if there are any updates available for your set.

I didn't know that... hahah didn't even know that is possible huh.gif

QUOTE(Caliguy @ Apr 28 2008, 11:08 PM) [snapback]1425644[/snapback]
You said that 1080i is the highest for TV, did you mean that is the highest for your TV or TVs in general? 1080p is better than 1080i.

That could be the problem. Try different resolutions of HD.

Ohhh sorry i just meant for my tv. I tried all of the resolutions and the one that worked was the 1080i but with that stupid fading...
TheStig
QUOTE(GUTS @ Apr 28 2008, 08:01 AM) [snapback]1424734[/snapback]
Okay so i just got a samsung 46 inch hdtv and when I set my ps3 to 1080i (witch is the highest resolution for tv) everything gets smaller (not sure if thats normal) but more clear. More importantly though is that when playing a game (cod4) there are certain parts where the screen fades slightly yellowish (really annoying) but the picture does look better (aside from the weird fading)............ I switched it back to regular and there is no fading so not sure... I don't mind not playing in hd but it would be cool if someone could help me out. Thanks cool.gif

The TV displays it 1366x768p no matter what signal you feed into it. Setting the PS3 in 1080i is just making it harder for your TV deinterlacing it and down convert it to native resolution. If you set your PS3 to 1080i it gets 1920x1080 of pixels compare to 720 1280x720 of pixels. The higher the pixel count the smaller the icon gets just like when you set your PC monitor to highest resolution from 800x600.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.