Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3 Update 2.30
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
Rylo84
I have a problem trying to download the update.

I got a wireless connection a while back and now when I try to download an update for the sytem it crashes usually after about 5mins of dowloading very slowly.

Last time this happened I plugged my ethernet cable in and set the connection to wired and downloaded it that way.

I tried this yesterday though and when testing the connection its says there is a DNS error.

Has anyone got an idea what this could be? And soes anyone have an idea how I could get the update another way possibly? Torrent or anything like that?

Ta

mikob
Yeah, this happened to me once. It's no biggie...It relates to the amount of data running through your wireless connection at one time. Sometimes it works fine, other times it stalls. If you're sharing the connection with a few people, the problem occurs more. However, if it's a single connection (ie. used by you only), it could be a problem with the HUB itself!

Try the PlayStation website. I'm positive they have an update there that can be downloaded and transferred across (assuming you have the appropriate USB device).

Otherwise, just keep using the Ethernet cable. I find that works best even if the wireless connection is okay. Plus, you get a quicker, more consistent network connection.

Here's the link:

http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3...%28ver-2-30%29/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.