Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thrash Or Hair Metal
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
purplehaze1967
Well, I'm kinda stuck in the middle, I really like Thrash Metal, basically because it's great RAW energy, really powerful stuff... But Hair Metal is a little less dark, it's got a really nice sound, not too dark, but it's not anything really NICE either, it's still powerful, but not as fast paced as Thrash.

In Case You're wondering, Thrash would be like Metallica, Megadeath, Anthrax, Slayer, etc. Hair Metal is the EARLY Pantera, as well as Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Poison, Def Leppard, etc.

I'd give the nod to Hair Metal by a shade, just because there are so many great hair metal artists.
Screw Loose
Thrash... no comparison for me

No shit-talking from me, i just like Thrash more, in fact my favorite genre whether original or retro
purplehaze1967
Nah man, that's a good opinion, Thrash is good shit, I like it almost as much, but I'm into pop, and metal, and hair just brings a bit of both to the table, whereas Thrash is raw energy, speed metal. Either way, you can't go wrong; Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth. Poison, Motley Crue, Def Leppard.
Darth Sexy
Thrash Metal. I listen to very little Hair Metal.
Nec
Both are great, IMO. biggrin.gif
Thrilla in Manila
Neither, both are just annoying noise, I understand how they play the guitar takes skill but it's annoying as hell to me and them yelling on the song doesn't make it any better.
DiO
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 27 2008, 11:13 AM) [snapback]1423556[/snapback]
Neither, both are just annoying noise, I understand how they play the guitar takes skill but it's annoying as hell to me and them yelling on the song doesn't make it any better.

then ud probably like hair metal better, less yellin' more singin' (not that you you like hair metal anyway). what are you doing in this topic anyway?

i listen to more thrash tho. but to add to that i listen to more plain heavy metal. then theres my prog and power.
Fran
hair metal gets my vote, i fucking love hair metal

motley crue are like my favourite band
Screw Loose
Does anybody else think Pantera is thrash metal? (When they had Phil Anselmo, like said earlier, before they were Hair)

Like, Cowboy's from Hell and after?
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 28 2008, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1423556[/snapback]

Do we post in rap topics?

QUOTE(Screw Loose @ Apr 28 2008, 07:50 AM) [snapback]1423974[/snapback]
Does anybody else think Pantera is thrash metal? (When they had Phil Anselmo, like said earlier, before they were Hair)

I'd say it's thrashy groovy...metal.
coreyko_2003
Personally I like both.
purplehaze1967
QUOTE(Screw Loose @ Apr 27 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1423974[/snapback]

Pantera, like in the early days, early 80's when they started to get popular, they were Hair Metal, but when they were super popular they added a bit of thrash, it was really a combination of the both. Either way, Dimebag was awesome.
Ridikul
I'd probably go with thrash metal since I like Anthrax.
b1b23
Thrash metal ftw!
Severus Snape
I'd say my fav is just metal. Thrash, speed, hair, death... whatever sub-genre exists. Except for that crap put out by Tool. Ick!
Handsome B Wonderful
^Right on about Tool. I can't believe i liked that crap once.

Anyways, i prefer thrash. It's heavier, and you get just as much hair, but far less hairspray. Thrash:Saving the environment.
coreyko_2003
Regarding hair metal, Motley Crue has a new album out....I heard a few leaked tracks and its pretty good. The album is called Saints of Los Angeles

.....and also regarding hair metal, theres kind of a new wave of it from Sweden. Such bands include Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar, amongst others.
SMEAR
i like just about every metal except death metal cause thats just fucking horrible
Screw Loose
I love death metal, but i really ain't too fond of the singing either (even though i know i can't do it as well as them)

I'm assuming it's the vocalism you're referring to right? I can bear it but i can sympathize with how it may be aesthetically dis-pleasing, as well as the trend that "the lower quality sound, the cooler" thats common in black metal as well i think

I find the neo-classical instrumentals amazing though
deathallapple00
Thrash...for me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.