Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Global Warming
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Pages: 1, 2
purplehaze1967
Plain and simple, global warming is bullshit. It just snowed today, that's fucked up big time, and it's what? Almost May now? Hae you noticed the far left wacko's are starting to fall back, almost giving up he whole idea now? Even the kids are starting to see through it now, so where's the argument for it? I respect opinions, but just being honest, the facts are too much. Science, for one, most of the time has no idea what the hell it's talking about, but since they're the experts rolleyes.gif they get the benefit of the doubt. Also, only about half of all scientists believe in the nonsense, so it's not tat science is wrong, and conservatives are right. Finally, a massive volcano explosion, like St. Helens, gives off more pollution that man has EVER given off, but you never hear about that, it's got to be OUR fault.
psychÝ

You clearly don't even understand the concepts of global warming in the slightest, go back to school and learn something.
purplehaze1967
So that's your basis of argument? That's pretty sad, really, sad kiddo, you can't even come up with a good point to make regarding global warming. The concept is that WE a in AMERICANS specifically, but the people in general, are causing a severe change in climate, that's the concept, and I've made several valid points that state otherwise. You're just a wacko liberal as well, who thinks he gets to tell everyone how to live, the guys who take people's rights away. The right to arms, the right to smoke in bars, the right to control your own god damn thermostat, that's what you're about, making everyone else suffer while you live a good life. Al Gore, biggest sack of shit in the political world, says we have a global warming problem, but here he is, using 35 times the amount of energy as the average middle class joe uses. Here he is, caught on camera with his highly inefficient private jet. Yet we're the problem, WE'RE the problem. Yeah, Al, that's really OUR problem. Even if global warming was existant, and it's not, he's not practicing what he preaches. So, psycho, your two pesos really mean nothing to me but more proof that liberals have no base for their arguments.
The_Technician
Well if global warming IS false, don't mention that to Al Gore or the greens. they have a pretty good conspiracy going there.
stupid.gif

And some scientists think that a change in the Atlantic current could cause a new Ice Age in Europe by the end of the centuary. sexy.
psychÝ
QUOTE(purplehaze1967 @ Apr 26 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1422499[/snapback]
It just snowed today
Irrelevant in every shape and form and proving you know fuck all about the subject with in your first sentence.

Hae you noticed the far left wacko's are starting to fall back, almost giving up he whole idea now?
Well these so called far left wackos or as the rest of the world would call them "educated people", or to some it up in your terms not a hick, really aren't giving up on the idea as it is back by thousands of pages of evidence and research, one of the things being very basic physical chemistry, but clearly you would never work that out.
Even the kids are starting to see through it now
The kids never saw it anyway, the kids do what they are told such as you, they don't understand the concepts behind it.
so where's the argument for it?
Everywhere?
I respect opinions, but just being honest, the facts are too much.
Sums you up, you can't even comprehend the information you might as well give up now.
Science, for one, most of the time has no idea what the hell it's talking about
Yes because as shown you know so much about science, I doubt you could even give a good definition of the word let alone actually use its concepts.
they get the benefit of the doubt.
No they have factual data, slight difference but as you clearly have no idea what the scientific communitiy does it really doesn't surprise me in the slightest, that you have no idea.
Also, only about half of all scientists believe in the nonsense
No they don't, in fact as you have defined it here you wouldn't be able to find anyone to called it nonsense.

and conservatives are right.
Lol politicians against scientists, research against spun BS, lol who would even bother comparing the two, what a joke you really are, seriously go back to hicksvill USA and swim in your water hole or whatever the hell you do there. If you are going to even mention politicians in a topic about whether climate change exists you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, it is like talking to an office worker to find out how to create the components within the computer they type on.
Finally, a massive volcano explosion, like St. Helens, gives off more pollution that man has EVER given off
Well for one that isn't true, besides the fact that if it was true it would still be a useless statement because of its context. Then of course there is the fact that it is all accounted for and when an event like that occurs the short term climate normally reduces in temperature.
but you never hear about that,

Eh, yes you do and clearly you do as someone as ignorant to the subject as you are has heard about it, ironic if I don't say so myself.
The concept is that WE a in AMERICANS specifically
Well I will start by informaing you that america isn't actually the centre of the universe, in fact it isn't even the centre of the world there are other countries, ....(a pause for your stunned amazement.........) heres a map, if you had actually known that then you would know that china is the biggest polluter in the world. Then again as you clearly no nothing about this subject that doesn't surprise me at all.

but the people in general, are causing a severe change in climate, that's the concept
Shame you are defining it with words you don't no the meaning of, such as climate.
and I've made several valid points that state otherwise.
No you have made none.

You're just a wacko liberal as well
Lol seriosuly only a moron would use liberal as an insult, anyone of an intelligent nature would realise that a unified political strategy swinging too far to any side isn't good.

The right to arms
I fail to see why that is a problem from your intellect in this thread I wouldn't trust you to operate a spoon competently.
the right to smoke in bars
Oh no, I don't want to be subjected to cancer every time I go out i'm such a bad person.........I mean serious where do they get these people from some times I think they are comedians then I come back with a post like this and find out they are being serious and are just utterly ignorant to reality, it is scary.

Al Gore, biggest sack of shit in the political world, says we have a global warming problem, but here he is, using 35 times the amount of energy as the average middle class joe uses. Here he is, caught on camera with his highly inefficient private jet. Yet we're the problem, WE'RE the problem. Yeah, Al, that's really OUR problem.
Yes he has also saved far more energy by informing the ignorant "middle class joe user" of the problem.

And some scientists think that a change in the Atlantic current could cause a new Ice Age in Europe by the end of the centuary
No they don't no one has ever said that so how about you learn what you are talking about as well before posting.
0bs3n3
Never have believed in this Global Warming crap.
The_Technician
i think Pyscho just ass raped that guy. wow... go psycho!
purplehaze1967
Irrelevant in every shape and form and proving you know fuck all about the subject with in your first sentence.
How so, it just proves my point that the far left is so full of shit, and now that it's snowing, they're starting to say that it's actually having a COOLING effect on the planet. Yeah, that's a load of shit, you're full of shit, and your fickle liberal party is full of shit.

Well these so called far left wackos or as the rest of the world would call them "educated people", or to some it up in your terms not a hick, really aren't giving up on the idea as it is back by thousands of pages of evidence and research, one of the things being very basic physical chemistry, but clearly you would never work that out.

I've just given you evidence that it's bullshit, perfectly sound logical arguments, your argument is flawed completely by that fact that you just can't seem to get your own concept through your head. Actually, I don't think that any fucking liberal sack of shit knows what the fuck they're talking about, you're just as dumb as the rest of them, you're falling for their propaganda bullshit. Yeah, you're really "ass raping" me, dude, so far, I've pretty much turned back everything you've said, but like you, I'll just disect everything, and try and make it worse than it really is.

Educated People? HAHAHAHA! Yeah man, educated, you've just essentially contradicted that with your little "argument" if you can even call it that. Please don't tell me, you're educated?

The kids never saw it anyway, the kids do what they are told such as you, they don't understand the concepts behind it.
Yeah, because they're really told to go against it, right? All they see is the Liberal media trying to shove it down your throat, liberal teachers trying to do the same, and yet here you are, trying to say that they are told NOT to believe it? That just makes no sense at all, kiddo

Everywhere?

You have no argument, how can your argument be everywhere?

Sums you up, you can't even comprehend the information you might as well give up now.
Because the facts completely outnumber all of the so called "science" that has been conducted to prove global warming. Simple as that, but you somehow manage to let it slip right on over your head, as you have in all your attempted arguments.

Yes because as shown you know so much about science, I doubt you could even give a good definition of the word let alone actually use its concepts.

My argument is more "scientific" than yours, it actually has some sort of POINT to it, while yours is just about trying to justify he ass licking you got in my previous post, and you're just digging your own grave.

No they have factual data, slight difference but as you clearly have no idea what the scientific communitiy does it really doesn't surprise me in the slightest, that you have no idea.
Factual Date? That's why there's so many conflicting reports about global warming, because they REALLY have their fucking shit together, but once again, you fail to recognize that. Your selective dissecting? Haha.

No they don't, in fact as you have defined it here you wouldn't be able to find anyone to called it nonsense.

Wow, okay, you just denied facts, but, I'm not really surprised after some of the shit you've tried to put up as argument, but it's so flawed that I really don't need to put one up, but I will anyway, because I like to, and because I really can't get owned by someone of your knowledge or intelligence. Actually, you and intelligent shouldn't be used in the same sentence, it's a bit oxymoronic.

Lol politicians against scientists, research against spun BS, lol who would even bother comparing the two, what a joke you really are, seriously go back to hicksvill USA and swim in your water hole or whatever the hell you do there. If you are going to even mention politicians in a topic about whether climate change exists you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, it is like talking to an office worker to find out how to create the components within the computer they type on.
Hahaha, that's actually the first good point you've made in this entire fucking thread, the rest of it is just throw away bullshit, that if I were you, I'd just be too fucking ashamed of to the point that I'd just never enter the politics section again. Yeah, good point man, congrats. Too bad it's your liberal asswhipe pieces of shit who tried to use the "Scientist vs. Rush, Hannity, etc."

Yeah, that would have been a good point, but I'm not the one who's CONSTANTLY trying to make that shit statement, it's the people of your own kind, the guys who try to make this nation into a monster.

Hicksville USA? Whoah man, I'm perfectly fine where I'm at, I'm just a sane human being, with common sense, but you'd know nothing about that, obviously, your brain capacity is about that of a rodent, but at least the mouse knows when to shut his fucking mouth, and not try to argue for a losing cause. Global Warming, it'll be dead soon, this world's climate has cycles, it gets really hot, then cold, and it changes all of the time, and if you went to a couple of science classes, you'd maybe know that, but you're too fucking stupid, and completely set that the earth's gonna be a ball of fire soon.

Well for one that isn't true, besides the fact that if it was true it would still be a useless statement because of its context. Then of course there is the fact that it is all accounted for and when an event like that occurs the short term climate normally reduces in temperature.

Really? http://www.newswithviews.com/NWVexclusive/exclusive113.htm

AHAHAHAAA. This is funny, now you're REALLY denying facts here, the eruption of a volcano gives off MULTIPLE times what man has EVER given off in how many millions of years? Your argument is "No, that's not true, it's lies I tell you!"

Get some fresh air, go and look at the facts, if it's pollution that's causing global warming, then volcanoes should all be stopped, oh wait, we're still living, after how many millions of explosive volcanoes have erupted over the past few billion years? Are you that fucking ignorant to recognize that? Are you just so stupid you can't cram it into your little fucking useless brain?

Eh, yes you do and clearly you do as someone as ignorant to the subject as you are has heard about it, ironic if I don't say so myself.
Yeah, we hear about it on talk radio, but never on the big name news networks, they're all a bunch of liberal wack jobs just like you. I'm ignorant? Please read the post above, and let's see who's ignorant.

Well I will start by informaing you that america isn't actually the centre of the universe, in fact it isn't even the centre of the world there are other countries, ....(a pause for your stunned amazement.........) heres a map, if you had actually known that then you would know that china is the biggest polluter in the world. Then again as you clearly no nothing about this subject that doesn't surprise me at all.

No, it's not, I know that, and I know China's the biggest pollutor in the entire planet, they give off more pollution that the United States did during the Industrial Revolution. Guess what? You'd never know it if you actually listened to the asshole liberal sacks of shit that try and make it seem as though AMERICA is the sole offender, we're supposed to do this alone, they never talk about China's pollution problem nobody here in America realizes that China's the biggest pollutor.

However, when you say I know nothing about the subject, I just have to point to your saying that Volcanoes DON'T give off more pollution than man ever has, yeah, I'm the one who knows nothing. Right, kiddo.

Shame you are defining it with words you don't no the meaning of, such as climate.
Once again, mindless bashing, you don't have any evidence to support your arguments, so you attempt to bash, and make it seem as though you're the one winning the arugment. This isn't an argument, this is like George Foreman (Me) versus Joe Frazier (You). It's not even a fair fight, and you're getting knocked down several times in the first round.

No you have made none.

Nice little one liner, not even a good, funny one either, and you're probably sitting, laughing your ass off at that one, but really, it's just not that funny, kiddo. You just have to cut your losses, which are massive, and just realize that you're making a complete ass of yourself. Just stick to whatever it is you do around here, because it's the only thing you're good at, and especially stay away from the politics section kiddo, you're really boring me.

Lol seriosuly only a moron would use liberal as an insult, anyone of an intelligent nature would realise that a unified political strategy swinging too far to any side isn't good.
Another good point, you say that swinging too far in ANY direction isn't good. Yes, you're correct, but that's what you stand for, far left liberal ideas, and you can't get that through your little head. So, all of your good "points" have been essentially turned back on you. Liberal is an insult, because liberals believe in bullshit like this, they're people like you, and compairing someone to you, I'd say, is a pretty fucking good insult.

I fail to see why that is a problem from your intellect in this thread I wouldn't trust you to operate a spoon competently.

That has anything to do with this? I think not. If you're going to bash me, go right ahead, but atleast prove something, or try to counter an argument if you're gonna do shit like that. Seriously though, you counter an argument? Haha, you're killin' me kiddo!

Oh no, I don't want to be subjected to cancer every time I go out i'm such a bad person.........I mean serious where do they get these people from some times I think they are comedians then I come back with a post like this and find out they are being serious and are just utterly ignorant to reality, it is scary.
No, they're running bars out of business, they're changing everything, it doesn't seem like a big deal to have to go outside to smoke, but some people are just not willing to lay down for this shit, and it hurts alot of people. Bar business is down big, and now the liberals are losing their tax money, and some are trying to reverse it now, shocker. No, it's the fact that the government has to step in, and try and control every fucking aspect of life, just like the right to arms shit, but you're just to fucking blind to see it.

Yes he has also saved far more energy by informing the ignorant "middle class joe user" of the problem.

So now you're trying to justify what he's doing by bringing that shit in now? He's still not practicing his preaching, and you're still losing this little skirmish. It's not even close. Yeah, he may have informed us of the so called problem, but there is no problem. I'm all for saving energy, it saves me money, but the fact is that he's trying to make it into a big hate America, because we're so fucking bad, and we're polluting SO FUCKING MUCH. That's my problem with Al Gore, and here you are, trying to justify his hypocrisy, and with no ammunition. You're essentially bringing a knife to a gun fight.

No they don't no one has ever said that so how about you learn what you are talking about as well before posting.

<psychomimic>No, no one ever said that, no you are</psychomimic>

That's how you argue, you just try and put blanket statements down and babble on about what you think of the person who said it, that's not arguing, that's attempted bashing, and you're not even good at that. Give it a break, cool for a bit, and maybe dissect this one, and then maybe you'll make a couple more points, and I can just disprove them... Again. Haha, you really have no argument, kiddo.
TommyVercettiPizza
Don't let the government hear you badmouth the Global Warming/Climate Change claim, it's a nice little revenue earner for them through the veritable plethora of green taxes they impose upon us.
psychÝ
CODE
How so, it just proves my point that the far left is so full of shit, and now that it's snowing, they're starting to say that it's actually having a COOLING effect on the planet. Yeah, that's a load of shit, you're full of shit, and your fickle liberal party is full of shit.
To quote myself just for comedies sake "Shame you are defining it with words you don't no the meaning of, such as climate.

CODE
I've just given you evidence that it's bullshit perfectly sound logical arguments
No you haven't you haven't used any logic in the slighest as you don't even understand the logic behind what you are talking about, you don't even no what logic is, to use logic you have to have knowledge.

CODE
Your argument is flawed completely by that fact that you just can't seem to get your own concept through your head.
To be fair copying what I say when clearly I do know what I am talking about doesn't make you look clever, it makes you look like you spend to much time in the school playground, which you clearly do.

CODE
Educated People? HAHAHAHA! Yeah man, educated, you've just essentially contradicted that with your little "argument" if you can even call it that. Please don't tell me, you're educated?
I love how if you even understood the physical chemistry of CO2 you would realise what a fool you are, to start maybe you would like to learn what physical chemistry is, well actually that is a bit above your level, maybe start with the definition of climate, this really is a joke, it is like arguing with a 5 year old. rolleyes.gif

CODE
Yeah, because they're really told to go against it, right?
Why would they be told to go against it, there are thousands of pages of evidence and the whole scientific community supporting it, might as well go back to believing in god and going to church and all that BS also known as wasting your life.

CODE
You have no argument, how can your argument be everywhere?
The climate, lol this is jokes, how easy is this. laugh.gif

CODE
Because the facts completely outnumber all of the so called "science" that has been conducted to prove global warming.

No it doesn't just cause you live in a trailer park doesn't mean there aren't thousands of scientists researching it, just go look it up on google, wait This is google, just thought I would let you know about that as you really seem to know nothing at all, it is a search engine that will answer your questions and provide information. (Oh wait am I going to have to define search engine sleep.gif)

My argument is more "scientific" than yours, it actually has some sort of POINT to it.
Ha, you still didn't even define the word "science" as you clearly don't even know what it means, awesome.

No they have factual data, slight difference but as you clearly have no idea what the scientific community does it really doesn't surprise me in the slightest, that you have no idea.
Factual Date?
Eh no not date that is how they keep track of days, data is like information you know when you write stuff down, eh can you write?

CODE
That's why there's so many conflicting reports about global warming
No there aren't and if there are go find them.

Wow, okay, you just denied facts
Seriously, I will just define the word facts for you as you clearly don't know what that means either, is english your first language, actually clearly it is you could never learn anything more. What you are providing is random BS with no evidence, hypothesis, basis, or really even any content.

Hahaha, that's actually the first good point you've made in this entire fucking thread, the rest of it is just throw away bullshit, that if I were you, I'd just be too fucking ashamed of to the point that I'd just never enter the politics section again. Yeah, good point man, congrats. Too bad it's your liberal asswhipe pieces of shit who tried to use the "Scientist vs. Rush, Hannity, etc."
ID this guy just really stupid or can he not read, didn't he pretty much say that all he said was bollocks..........

CODE
and if you went to a couple of science classes
Lol, ha, quality, coming for you the guy who doesn't even know what science is.

Really? http://www.newswithviews.com/NWVexclusive/exclusive113.htm
Who the hell is that retard, he can't even make a good website, I really don't care what another hick has to say, Especially a journalist I would rather read the scientific papers, and it is well know that the temperature decreases due to an increased amount of debris in the atmosphere block infra-red from entering.

Yeah, we hear about it on talk radio, but never on the big name news networks, they're all a bunch of liberal wack jobs just like you. I'm ignorant? Please read the post above, and let's see who's ignorant.
I did look at it and you are, plus it is well known generally, it is just rather irrelevant as it is working in a cycle, humans aren't they are just pumping more into the atmosphere exponentially.

No, it's not, I know that, and I know China's the biggest pollutor in the entire planet, they give off more pollution that the United States did during the Industrial Revolution. Guess what? You'd never know it if you actually listened to the asshole liberal sacks of shit that try and make it seem as though AMERICA is the sole offender.
you won't know that as they give off more now than they did in the industrial revolution so it is completely irrelevant, how stupid are you have you never looked at any type of graph in your life, do you even understand the concept of economic growth.

Once again, mindless bashing, you don't have any evidence to support your arguments, so you attempt to bash, and make it seem as though you're the one winning the arugment. This isn't an argument, this is like George Foreman (Me) versus Joe Frazier (You). It's not even a fair fight, and you're getting knocked down several times in the first round.
Lol, awesome, clearly don't know the definition of climate or even where to look it up, how stupid are you.

Another good point, you say that swinging too far in ANY direction isn't good. Yes, you're correct, but that's what you stand for, far left liberal ideas, and you can't get that through your little head.
No I don't, how would you know, I doubt you even know what either side of the political spectra stands for as you clearly know fuck all about anything.

No, they're running bars out of business, they're changing everything
Not change, the humanity, just because hicksville still lives in the 1920's where everyone goes to church on Sunday and incest is legal doesn't mean we all live in that world.
Bar business is down big
No it isn't people still go, they have nothing better to do with there lives.

That's how you argue, you just try and put blanket statements down and babble on about what you think of the person who said it.
Well I can't help it if you are all idiots miss quoting scientists who original before you added your BS spin on it were making a good point.
Mattay
Debating is okay, flaming and trolling is not. Tone it down.
CutThatCity
Yeh or just stfu completely
purplehaze1967
Psycho, you just repeated essentially the same basic argument for two consecutive posts, you're so ignorant that you can't even see the good points I make. You're saying that the guy who made the statement on the website is a retard, yet he's making your argument totally void. Your views are so outdated, global warming is a thing of the past, and people are starting to see the light because idiots like Al Gore are starting to gain this liar stigma, and guess what? There are still people, like yourself, who buy into that load of crap, that has been PROVEN false many times over, and over. Guess what psycho? In the 1960's and 1970's, they were feeding us the same load of shit, even worse actually. They were telling us that by about 1990 that we were going to have to wear OXYGEN MASKS. Yeah, because it was so god damn polluted, but here we are, 18 years after we were all supposed to be living in a world full of nothing but pollution. Porky Pig was a mascot for this, LITTLE KIDS had this shit running through their minds, and yet 18 years later, the worlds biggest polluter, China, they don't even need oxygen masks. So, where's your argument? Where do you get off trying to justify this load of shit for the last 40 years? You're just like I said, you're that liberal sucker who buys into every piece of propaganda they sell. YOU are that person. Guess what though? Al Gore, and the rest of his far lefty friends are making a lot of money doing this.

You say the polar caps are melting? What if I told you that it was because of all of the cold, and snow, which adds weight and pressure, that's why the pieces are breaking away, not from melting, but you never here that, unless you listen to talk radio. What if I told you that polar bears aren't drowning? What if I told you that they could, if needed to, swim across the pacific to Russia, and even easier, back to Canada. What if I told you they are in fact excellent swimmers? Yeah, but you never hear about this, you only hear about it from the conservative side, the guys who actually have some sense.

So why use some everyday joe's opinion from some unknown site on the internet? Because, those are the only people who tell you about this, people who have common sense, and people who aren't overflowing with liberal ideas, it's sad, but true. All of the big name news outlets are ALWAYS heavily leaning toward liberalism, the press, the TV, everything. Radio is the only place you can get people who don't have their heads up their asses.

Keep arguing psycho, you might actually make something happen, but you'll never make sense on the subject unless you actually know what you're talking about, or if you stop focusing on trying to make a good burn, you'd possibly make a bit of sense.

Just skimming through quickly once more, I fell a need to point two quotes out

Who the hell is that retard, he can't even make a good website, I really don't care what another hick has to say, Especially a journalist I would rather read the scientific papers, and it is well know that the temperature decreases due to an increased amount of debris in the atmosphere block infra-red from entering.
No it isn't people still go, they have nothing better to do with there lives.

Here you are, psycho, denying FACTS. Your ignorance is essentially proven right here, and this is the most lopsided argument I've ever been in, you have to ammunition, yet you continue your pathetic attempt to prove your case, just give it up. You've gotten to the low point of denying FACTS, that's the worst thing you can do for your argument, as if they weren't bad enough already, just give it up.
psychÝ
QUOTE(purplehaze1967 @ Apr 28 2008, 02:28 PM) [snapback]1424549[/snapback]
China, they don't even need oxygen masks.
Quite a lot of people in china do wear masks due to the smog.

You say the polar caps are melting? What if I told you that it was because of all of the cold, and snow, which adds weight and pressure, that's why the pieces are breaking away.
Lol lets have a basic physics lesson, when the mass of something floating increases it is pushed further into the water this is a downward force, breaking is caused by lateral force.

but you never here that, unless you listen to talk radio.
You would never here that cause it is a bunch of crap.

What if I told you that polar bears aren't drowning?
Lol who the fuck thinks polar bears drown, lol seriously you are a joke.

What if I told you they are in fact excellent swimmers?
I would have said well fucking duh, everyone knows that, I am astounded you actually think people don't know this you really are so so ignorant.

Because, those are the only people who tell you about this
No, he is a nobody who wants so reconition for BS everyone ignores him because he is talking crap, he isn't even a scientist, anyone of any worth just lets him be because they know and I know that his ideas can be dismantled by anyone who passed a high school science class, which obviously isn't you.

Now I am bored of your repetitive ignorance to reality.

Global average temperature increase

Global average temperature change.

CO2 emission rises

Sea level rises

Want to hear some actual logic, the earth heats up, more water evaporates, due to increased temperature the air can hold great levels of water, water is a greenhouse gas, the earth heats up more, more water evaporates....................

END OF.
purplehaze1967
You know what I find so hilarious about this post? The fact that I can disprove it with one line. The climate of the planet changes in cycles, and no matter WHAT the rate of change, it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Also, none of this shit points to human cause, like I said, volcanoes pollute 100 times more in one eruption than mankind EVER has. You can't get that concept through your head? You're just that ignorant, and you refuse to let common sense enter your tiny little brain.

http://environment.newscientist.com/channe...-change/dn11648

There's another disproving link for ya, good luck trying to keep it from leaping right over your head, kiddo.

Anyways...

Yeah, but they aren't dying because of it, and it's still a complete load of shit to be sending out that kind of propaganda to young kids, but you're on that bandwagon.

Lol lets have a basic physics lesson, when the mass of something floating increases it is pushed further into the water this is a downward force, breaking is caused by lateral force.

Then explain how they are somehow melting, yet the caps are actually COOLER than ever before? Sounds a bit odd, doesn't it. Aside from that, this is coming from the idiot who continues to deny fact, so don't give me any of that shit, kiddo.

You would never here that cause it is a bunch of crap.
You're making our case much easier, you've just proven that the liberals who forcefeed this shit are completely off their rockers.

You don't even know one of the most important parts to the "argument" for your own cause, the "fact" that polar bears are drowning. Newsflash, they're not, it's all bullshit, and it really adds to the stigma that democrats are a bunch of thickheaded liars.

No, he is a nobody who wants so reconition for BS everyone ignores him because he is talking crap, he isn't even a scientist, anyone of any worth just lets him be because they know and I know that his ideas can be dismantled by anyone who passed a high school science class, which obviously isn't you.
HAHAHAHA, WOW MAN. Yeah, you've done absolutely nothing to "dismantle" his argument. Science is bullshit, I'd trust Joe Blow on the street before I trusted the word of some guy who proclaims himself to be a genius, and still, only about half of those genius' believe in global warming. YOU'RE DENYING A FACT, ONCE AGAIN. It's too be expected now.

Says the one who denies fact.
psychÝ
QUOTE(purplehaze1967 @ Apr 28 2008, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1424723[/snapback]
You know what I find so hilarious about this post? The fact that I can disprove it with one line. The climate of the planet changes in cycles, and no matter WHAT the rate of change, it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Also, none of this shit points to human cause, like I said, volcanoes pollute 100 times more in one eruption than mankind EVER has. You can't get that concept through your head? You're just that ignorant, and you refuse to let common sense enter your tiny little brain.

There's another disproving link for ya, good luck trying to keep it from leaping right over your head, kiddo.

Once again another thing I already have read before you, that is due to the ozone hole letting heat out into space.

It is a well known fact caused by humans using chloro-fluro-carbons that cause the break down of 2O3 to three diatomic oxygens.

And you haven't proved anything, otherwise those CO2 graphs would spike when volcanic activity occurs which they clearly don't, then there is the fact that the cyclic nature has been broken as show by the ice core records.

Well now your fucking owned

Wasn't even looking for it, was just reading the news, god just loves me.

Due to your slow posting I will have to had your ridiculous responses to the end of my post that already destroys your points.

Yeah, but they aren't dying because of it, and it's still a complete load of shit to be sending out that kind of propaganda to young kids, but you're on that bandwagon.
Thousands of particulate carcinogens in the air.................of course that isn't killing them, plus anyone with asmtha will have already died.

Then explain how they are somehow melting, yet the caps are actually COOLER than ever before?
Sublimation............and seeing how much of an idiot you are, I will inform you that polar bears don't live at the south pole so there is no chance of them drowning. laugh.gif

You don't even know one of the most important parts to the "argument" for your own cause, the "fact" that polar bears are drowning. Newsflash, they're not, it's all bullshit, and it really adds to the stigma that democrats are a bunch of thickheaded liars.

No it isn't, it isn't part of the idea in the slightest, no one in scientific community would even put that into a climate change paper, s it doesn't happen, maybe just maybe, the "sources" you read just make up BS and you believe it.

I have already defined the word fact for you, go back and read it, then there is the ironic joke that you will never work out anyway.
purplehaze1967
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 28 2008, 11:10 AM) [snapback]1424754[/snapback]

Once again another thing I already have read before you, that is due to the ozone hole letting heat out into space.

It is a well known fact caused by humans using chloro-fluro-carbons that cause the break down of 2O3 to three diatomic oxygens.

And you haven't proved anything, otherwise those CO2 graphs would spike when volcanic activity occurs which they clearly don't, then there is the fact that the cyclic nature has been broken as show by the ice core records.

Due to your slow posting I will have to had your ridiculous responses to the end of my post that already destroys your points.

Thousands of particulate carcinogens in the air.................of course that isn't killing them, plus anyone with asmtha will have already died.

Then explain how they are somehow melting, yet the caps are actually COOLER than ever before?
Sublimation............and seeing how much of an idiot you are, I will inform you that polar bears don't live at the south pole so there is no chance of them drowning. laugh.gif

No it isn't, it isn't part of the idea in the slightest, no one in scientific community would even put that into a climate change paper, s it doesn't happen, maybe just maybe, the "sources" you read just make up BS and you believe it.

I have already defined the word fact for you, go back and read it, then there is the ironic joke that you will never work out anyway.

Psycho, then how in gods name is it that the planet is somehow cooler now, in Minnesota we had the coldest spring, and the crop season for farmers is the latest in history, these are facts, not science. These are FACTS from everyday people, and if you want to bring all the science bullshit you can think of, whatever floats your boat, that's fine, but it's just common sense. Global Warming is bullshit. Science is bullshit. Liberals are full of shit. You're full of shit. You haven't proven anything at all, you've just come up with these little snippets from far lefty scientists, the guys who make a shit load of money doing this, I'm talking about the people who have nothing to gain, the people with logic. Why can't you just use some of your logic to try and prove points? Why can't you say "Well it's been the warmest spring in years, and farmers are having the earliest start to the crop season ever"? Because you can't, because you'd be wrong, because the climate comes in cycles, it's all stemming from out solar activity, not CO2 emmissions. Did you know that in the Middle Ages, there was a mini Ice Age? Yeah, it just goes to show that climate comes in cycles, but once again, you'd never hear about that.
psychÝ
QUOTE(purplehaze1967 @ Apr 28 2008, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1424954[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 28 2008, 11:10 AM) [snapback]1424754[/snapback]

Psycho, then how in gods name is it that the planet is somehow cooler now, in Minnesota we had the coldest spring, and the crop season for farmers is the latest in history, these are facts, not science.
They are isolated events look up the definition of climate, plenty of information proving me right is there, I can't help it if you are ignorant.

Another article proving you wrong

Specifically:
The idea of pumping sulphur into the upper atmosphere ito counteract global warming comes from nature.

Major volcanic eruptions emit vast quantities of sulphur particles that can cool the planet significantly.
So they neutralise there own effect to an extent

An article proving the sun increased activity to be a bunch of BS
and another

Clearly I have owned you in every way, and you are too stupid to admit it, so this really is over.
CutThatCity
Let it go guys.
Caliph
Global Warming, a myth my ass.
Severus Snape
Global warming is fact. Although wikipedia is not the end all of data, I suggest purplehaze (and anyone in a like minded state) read this article right here. Global warming is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. People like purplehaze spouting off that it doesn't exist only plays into government conspiracy theories and shit like that. We don't need to argue about this - we need to DO something about it.

Even if you don't agree that it is happening, at least agree that we need to do something about the radical climate changes that have been documented time and again. If you can't see that something is happening, then maybe you need a better set of glasses.
BRKS
Global warming- Bigger money making scheme since Heather Mills McCartney? Also did you know Australian Cows fart makes up 7% of the countries annual pollution?
gingergenius
I think all the arguments have mainly been put forward but I'll just say, there's no way that man hasn't affected the atmosphere:

Regardless of all the global warming science, it's pretty obvious that that level of pollution isn't acceptable, either aesthetically or in terms of people's health. This needs to be changed.
psychÝ
QUOTE(BRKS @ Apr 29 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1426367[/snapback]
Global warming- Bigger money making scheme since Heather Mills McCartney? Also did you know Australian Cows fart makes up 7% of the countries annual pollution?

Quite clearly just BS, you know why, because most of the methane released by cows is from burping.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(BRKS @ Apr 29 2008, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1426367[/snapback]

all the more reason to make hamburgers.
BRKS
Psycho il have to check on that. How exactly has that methane that was burped out generated? I thought a burp was just trapped air. And TwoFaced your definatly right there.
psychÝ
QUOTE(BRKS @ Apr 30 2008, 12:13 AM) [snapback]1426397[/snapback]
Psycho il have to check on that. How exactly has that methane that was burped out generated? I thought a burp was just trapped air. And TwoFaced your definatly right there.

Because of the anaerobic bacterial breakdown of cellulose, no idea about the anatomy of a cow. rolleyes.gif
The_Technician
either Psycho has too much interweb times on his hands, ot he's actually 'purplehaze's science teacher.

And Psycho, we all know that Nature rests on a (fairly) delicate balance, so (and i can't remember which ocean) if the ocean that is under europe loses its cycle (which runs in deep water for thousands of miles, circulating warm and cool water), slowly the temperature in Europe (mainly lower europe) will get lower and lower until it becomes very snowy, icey and fucked. like an ice age.
BRKS
Yeah but as Europeans, you know white skin brown/blonde hair, different coloured eyes to the rest of thd world. Our bodies were basically made on a mountain in an ice age. So we should be fine. Itl just be like living in Canada. Plus we are the part of Human Race. Plus i have central heating. So all in all if Global Warming does give us a new ice age. We should be fine!
psychÝ
QUOTE(The_Technician @ Apr 30 2008, 05:23 AM) [snapback]1426575[/snapback]
either Psycho has too much interweb times on his hands, ot he's actually 'purplehaze's science teacher.
or I already know all this.

so (and i can't remember which ocean) if the ocean that is under europe
What the Mediterranean that is the only sea under europe. rolleyes.gif Classic american statement, doesn't know what it is called, doesn't know where it is, why even bother.
loses its cycle (which runs in deep water for thousands of miles, circulating warm and cool water), slowly the temperature in Europe (mainly lower europe) will get lower and lower until it becomes very snowy, icey and fucked. like an ice age.

I won't happen slowly for one it will just stop and it will just turn out like any other place on earth at the same latitude, it won't create an ice age.

Yeah but as Europeans, you know white skin brown/blonde hair, different coloured eyes to the rest of thd world. Our bodies were basically made on a mountain in an ice age. So we should be fine. Itl just be like living in Canada. Plus we are the part of Human Race. Plus i have central heating. So all in all if Global Warming does give us a new ice age. We should be fine!
It would probably fuck up the weather pretty badly and then of course the climate would be different so you wouldn't be able to grow anything we do now.
gingergenius
QUOTE(BRKS @ Apr 30 2008, 11:39 AM) [snapback]1426748[/snapback]

we're on the same latitude as Siberia. Without the Gulf Stream...
The_Technician
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 30 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]1426856[/snapback]
so (and i can't remember which ocean) if the ocean that is under europe
What the Mediterranean that is the only sea under europe. rolleyes.gif Classic american statement, doesn't know what it is called, doesn't know where it is, why even bother.

I'm British living in Australia. i just don't take time to learn the names of my seas and oceans.

And @ BKRS, i doubt a central hating system would do much in the event of an ice age.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Goddamn psycho you are deluded. The arguments are everywhere I am arguing right now come on man. Seriously man what are you smoking (it better not be tobacco or else your liberal ass will kick you out of your own house - LOL) because whatever it is its blocking your brain from thinking. Man if your global warming BS is true then how come I can't see the atmosphere yet or how light is bouncing off it or some crazy liberal bullshit? Man if it's getting thicker how come you can't see that, you give me thin glass and thick glass and you can see the thick class more it's really obvious it should be the same with atmosphere. Not to mention I see basically no linear climatic progression, I needed to turn the heater on this morning but yesterday was sort of hot. How do you explain that? Goddamn conspiracy theory is how I explain it. Go back to your latte you liberal Belgian bundle of sticks seriously. This is America and if you don't like it then I guess we'll just take GTA back LOL. Goddamn Belgian bundle of sticks
Severus Snape
not that psycho needs defending (nor do I enjoy agreeing with psycho) but I feel the need to put someone in his place on this topic.
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ May 1 2008, 11:18 AM) [snapback]1428039[/snapback]
Man if your global warming BS is true then how come I can't see the atmosphere yet

For starters, the atmosphere happens to be TRANSPARENT. Meaning, you can see THROUGH it. But, if you really wanna see it, go to California. You aren't supposed to see haze or smog. But you can there.

or how light is bouncing off it or some crazy liberal bullshit?

light doesn't bounce off the atmosphere - it passes through it. What it bounces off of are the molecules, atoms, and water particles that are in the air.

Man if it's getting thicker how come you can't see that, you give me thin glass and thick glass and you can see the thick class more it's really obvious it should be the same with atmosphere.

No, it's not the same. You are talking about the thickness of a substance versus the transparency of another. Apples to oranges here.

Not to mention I see basically no linear climatic progression

Linear climactic progression? wtf is that? If you want to see a progression (or regression) of the earth's climate, read a few books. Plenty of studies have been done to show the effect man has had on the environment as well as the climate of the planet.

I needed to turn the heater on this morning but yesterday was sort of hot. How do you explain that?

That's the weather. Some days are colder than others. Which is different than what we are talking about. What we're talking about is a constant change in the average global temperature over a long period of time - not the difference between one day to the next.

Goddamn conspiracy theory is how I explain it.

That's right - the government is trying to get everyone to believe in global warming so they can do something else covertly. Well, einstein, tell us the details of this conspiracy and what they are trying to cover up?

Go back to your latte you liberal Belgian bundle of sticks seriously. This is America and if you don't like it then I guess we'll just take GTA back LOL. Goddamn Belgian bundle of sticks

For starters, psycho is not an American (if memory serves me). Secondly, GTA (Rockstar) is not American. So it doesn't matter if he likes America, nor can we take back something that wasn't ours to begin with.
QUOTE(Leon Kennedy @ May 1 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1428079[/snapback]
Man if your global warming BS is true then how come I can't see the atmosphere yet

For starters, the atmosphere happens to be TRANSPARENT. Meaning, you can see THROUGH it. But, if you really wanna see it, go to California. You aren't supposed to see haze or smog. But you can there.
Typical liberals always contradicting yourselves, first it's TRANSPARENT then you can see it. Goddamn smog caused by all the shit you're smoking, son.

or how light is bouncing off it or some crazy liberal bullshit?

light doesn't bounce off the atmosphere - it passes through it. What it bounces off of are the molecules, atoms, and water particles that are in the air.
Exactly, crazy liberal bullshit.

Man if it's getting thicker how come you can't see that, you give me thin glass and thick glass and you can see the thick class more it's really obvious it should be the same with atmosphere.

No, it's not the same. You are talking about the thickness of a substance versus the transparency of another. Apples to oranges here.
What the hell, now the atmosphere is made of oranges? Whatever batshit liberal boy.

Not to mention I see basically no linear climatic progression

Linear climactic progression? wtf is that? If you want to see a progression (or regression) of the earth's climate, read a few books. Plenty of studies have been done to show the effect man has had on the environment as well as the climate of the planet.
Name me one conclusive one and I'll buy into your harebrained conspiracy.

I needed to turn the heater on this morning but yesterday was sort of hot. How do you explain that?

That's the weather. Some days are colder than others. Which is different than what we are talking about. What we're talking about is a constant change in the average global temperature over a long period of time - not the difference between one day to the next.
Learn to read a dictionary latteboy.

Goddamn conspiracy theory is how I explain it.

That's right - the government is trying to get everyone to believe in global warming so they can do something else covertly. Well, einstein, tell us the details of this conspiracy and what they are trying to cover up?
Their incompetence.

Go back to your latte you liberal Belgian bundle of sticks seriously. This is America and if you don't like it then I guess we'll just take GTA back LOL. Goddamn Belgian bundle of sticks

For starters, psycho is not an American (if memory serves me). Secondly, GTA (Rockstar) is not American. So it doesn't matter if he likes America, nor can we take back something that wasn't ours to begin with.
Fuck shoulda known no red-blooded American could believe that bullshit. GTA is American how do you explain how the cities are? Liberty City = New York, are you hard or something? LOL.
purplehaze1967
I'm sorry, but psycho, you, and your friend science, are getting a tad overmatched, but we're just a band of idiots, right psych? Science? Yeah, the liberal ones are all for global warming, and they come out with new scientific "proof" every year, again and again. Guess what? It's all bullshit, it's propaganda for the big liberals, the guys who want YOUR money, it makes THEM rich. Why would they stop lying? It's all for their gain, and they always have "disproving" evidence, but it just defies logic, their reasoning, but since they're the professionals, their opinion is better than simple logic. It's SNOWING, or atleast SCHEDULED to SNOW on Friday, and Saturday, that's into the first week of MAY, and you're telling me it's global fucking warming? Yeah, bite my ass, liberal trash. Not to mention the fact that it was -3 in the Dakotas less than a week ago, but yeah, that's all just global warming, right? What about that small ice age in Europe in the Middle Ages? Global Warming obviously. You're saying that our emmissions from our cars, all of that's causing it, but Volcanic pollution isn't? So it has a mind of it's own now? Is that it psycho? That's pretty strange.

Al Gore? Isn't odd that if he's so passionate, so incredibly kind, and giving, and wants to be this big superhero politician, isn't it strange that he chooses to use 35 times the energy an average middle class family uses? Isn't it strange that he's seen leaving his private jet? Yeah, he's really a passionate believer, he really gives a shit. So, why should we even believe it's true, when the biggest supporter of the whole concept is so full of shit, and such a hypocrit, that people are finally seeing the light, even people who once believe in it. It's done, there is no global warming, end of discussion.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ May 1 2008, 12:30 PM) [snapback]1428094[/snapback]
Typical liberals always contradicting yourselves, first it's TRANSPARENT then you can see it. Goddamn smog caused by all the shit you're smoking, son.

You need to re-read what I said. I said you SHOULDN'T be able to see smog or haze, but you can. Get some glasses that you can see through.

Exactly, crazy liberal bullshit.

So, my telling you about light bouncing off solid particles in the atmosphere is bullshit? Read a science textbook. Light passes through transparent objects, but is reflected off of solid objects. Go back to school.

What the hell, now the atmosphere is made of oranges? Whatever batshit liberal boy.

Just like a republican idiot to take part of a sentence that you don't understand and transmutate it into absolute nonsense. I stated that you are comparing apples to oranges, bonehead. You can't compare a TRANSPARENT object to the THICKNESS of another object. Learn how to read.

Name me one conclusive one and I'll buy into your harebrained conspiracy.

You asked for it, so here it is. Follow this link right here to read about a study NASA scientists performed in 2006 on the average temperature of earth, and how it compares to temperatures over the last 12000 years.

Learn to read a dictionary latteboy.

How is this relevant to my original statement? How is reading a dictionary going to make comparing day to day temperatures exactly the same as comparing them over long periods of time?

Their incompetence.

So, government conspiracies can be summed up and proven true just because you believe the government is incompetent? Well, break out the party tunes! We solved all of the world's problems and conspiracies cuz Amarillo Suave said they are true based on incompentence! Wait, that would mean you are part of the problem. How? Your incompentence on this topic.

Fuck shoulda known no red-blooded American could believe that bullshit. GTA is American how do you explain how the cities are? Liberty City = New York, are you hard or something? LOL.

Rockstar Games is NOT an American Company. The cities may have been modeled after American cities, but that doesn't make the game American. By your logic, any game that revolves around an alien planet would therefore belong to aliens. Your logic = bullshit stupidity.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ May 1 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1428039[/snapback]
Goddamn psycho you are deluded. The arguments are everywhere I am arguing right now come on man. Seriously man what are you smoking (it better not be tobacco or else your liberal ass will kick you out of your own house - LOL) because whatever it is its blocking your brain from thinking. Man if your global warming BS is true then how come I can't see the atmosphere yet or how light is bouncing off it or some crazy liberal bullshit? Man if it's getting thicker how come you can't see that, you give me thin glass and thick glass and you can see the thick class more it's really obvious it should be the same with atmosphere. Not to mention I see basically no linear climatic progression, I needed to turn the heater on this morning but yesterday was sort of hot. How do you explain that? Goddamn conspiracy theory is how I explain it. Go back to your latte you liberal Belgian bundle of sticks seriously. This is America and if you don't like it then I guess we'll just take GTA back LOL. Goddamn Belgian bundle of sticks

Get out mello sleep.gif

Plus an interesting thing, you actually can see the atmosphere if you go up mountains like 4000-5000 meters the sky turns purple as there is less refraction so you can see space, it is really cool. Hence they put telescopes higher up to stop distortion.

but we're just a band of idiots, right psych?
Finally you get it.............oh damn you kept writing, but you were doing so well sad.gif

it makes THEM rich.
How does that make any sense, surely it would be the conservatives and business men who want to make all the money, that really never was a liberal idea, I mean if you are going to use a random term as an insult you could at least get it right, not that it actually offends me in the slightests, I mean what kind of world would someone use it as a derogatory term............

always have "disproving" evidence, but it just defies logic
You don't even understand logic, how can you say it defies something you have no concept of, your argument is fatally floored from the start, mainly as you don't even know what you are arguing about.

Not to mention the fact that it was -3 in the Dakotas less than a week ago
Ok I have worked out your issue other than being retarded, go learn to read then look up the definition of climate.

Al Gore? .
Who gives a fuck about politicians it has nothing to do with them, as stated before...........well I can't be asked to look for what I said you go find it.

A note: There was no evidence or relevant points through out that whole post it was just a waste of bandwidth to load it, it added nothing to the discussion and was pretty much spam

QUOTE(Leon Kennedy)
You aren't supposed to see haze or smog.
That isn't the atmosphere that is just hydrocarbons.
Light passes through transparent objects, but is reflected off of solid objects.
Actually a perfectly black object will be solid and not reflect light.
So, government conspiracies can be summed up and proven true just because you believe the government is incompetent? Well, break out the party tunes! We solved all of the world's problems and conspiracies cuz Amarillo Suave said they are true based on incompentence! Wait, that would mean you are part of the problem. How? Your incompentence on this topic.
That was a rubbish argument a good one would have been that most of it is done by independent companies.
purplehaze1967
Once again, you pull your stupid little scientific, liberal bullshit type arguments, you need to learn that a dissection doesn't make you any smarter, in fact, when you don't even know what you're talking about, it's pretty obvious you're just talking out of your ass. Psycho, you've done nothing but babble about how science is right, which is obviously isn't, and how stupid we are because of our beliefs. You've never once proven your case based on experiences, which is the only true evidence, and my experiences say global warming is faulty, that's EVIDENCE. Not SCIENCE, not that bullshit that your teacher taught you, your liberal propaganda TV told you, none of that shit, it's all lies, and you're just not bright enough to see the light. That is the only thing you've proven, that and your inability to provide solid facts to prove your argument, otherwise it's just science. Science, haha, my friend, is a joke, they have their heads about a thousand lightyears up their asses, but you're not too far behind.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(purplehaze1967 @ May 2 2008, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1429008[/snapback]
Once again, you pull your stupid little scientific, liberal bullshit type arguments, you need to learn that a dissection doesn't make you any smarter, in fact, when you don't even know what you're talking about, it's pretty obvious you're just talking out of your ass. Psycho, you've done nothing but babble about how science is right, which is obviously isn't, and how stupid we are because of our beliefs. You've never once proven your case based on experiences, which is the only true evidence, and my experiences say global warming is faulty, that's EVIDENCE. Not SCIENCE, not that bullshit that your teacher taught you, your liberal propaganda TV told you, none of that shit, it's all lies, and you're just not bright enough to see the light. That is the only thing you've proven, that and your inability to provide solid facts to prove your argument, otherwise it's just science. Science, haha, my friend, is a joke, they have their heads about a thousand lightyears up their asses, but you're not too far behind.

While I tend to agree with your observation of psycho's post, I need to direct you to one of my previous posts that has a link to a study NASA did. The EVIDENCE in that study overwhelmingly supports global warming, and the effects of said warming on the planet. That's right - the EVIDENCE supports global warming.
Un-Amurikan Bastage
I don't see what's so hard to understand about this. The earth is getting warmer, we know that. This correlates directly with human CO2 emissions, this is indisputable fact as well. The measured extent of polar ice during the winter is far less than in previous years - can't dispute that either. What's the problem? I for one believe that humans contribute fairly little to the warming ourselves, but I find it ridiculous to claim that the theory is made-up lies for the sake of...lying? There's no reason to make this up - measures to halt this, environment aside, provide benefit to no one; it costs a shitload of money for everyone (particularly industry) and causes us to totally rethink and reconfigure how we do everything in this world. The only possible benefit to blatantly lie about this would be political, but that's not exactly a very good benefit to such a huge, costly, worldwide conspiracy. Believing that's the case is just fantastically bloated paranoia spawned of a lifetime of being marinated in conservative propaganda.

Purplehaze, what is your problem? Why do you have such a problem with trying to get people to take care of our planet to avoid ruining it? Do the measures to help maintain our planet's health interfere with your wasteful lifestyle, or is it that the theory is associated with liberals (OH NOEZ!!!!1)? Stop grouping science and politics...

The problem is that the theory is associated with modern political liberals, and flaming conservative 'tards attack anything that threatens their comfy, ignorant, wasteful American lifestyle (i.e. liberal ideals). So the people that dive to the depths of stupidity (i.e. the OP) and make arguments like these only say these kinds of things because they have such a dysfunctional logical capability as to associate two entirely unrelated things like science and politics. So I don't see the point in arguing with purplehaze because he'll simply maintain the "LIEZ! LIBRAL LIEZ!" standpoint regardless of any proven science you put in front of him.

And LOL at Leon Kennedy for arguing with mello.
purplehaze1967
This is so funny, so predictable too that you'd continue your argument, and actually try to point out that it might not be a liberal asshole concept. Yeah, that's why conservatives that have their shit together say it's a load of shit, and guys like Al Gore continue to babble, and nobody listens anymore, no one believes him, the evidence doesn't point to global warming. Evidence says that the ice is growing at extremely high rates, evidence says that because it was snowing IN FUCKING MAY that we're right, and you're wrong. That's evidence, not some experiment from some guy who proclaims to be a super genius.
Loly Pop
If you are going by it snowing one day in May as your point, you are a fucking prick.

There are always irregularities....always. They fact is Global Warming is called Global Warming, not Global Heat Up Fast As Fuck. It is a gradual process and it is real. You look at CO2 emissions in the sky are step for step on the same level as the rise in the mean global temperature.

Not to leave those "far left wackos" out of the fire, but they do the same thing. "120* in Montana. HOLY FUCK!!!!" That means nothing. That has happened before and it's bound to happen when there is 365 days in a year. The earth and weather is unpredictable; ONE DAY does not determine global warming. Like i said, it's a gradual process.

Now if it was 110* in Montana for month's straight, then you start barking, but as for i know, Global warming is real. Watch Inconvenient Truth and learn your shit.
aquila.89
Hi all,

Everyone has their beliefs on the issue and I am not going to try and sway anyones opinion but let me say this:

Would it hurt to be a little kinder to the environment? We only have one earth so should we not treat it with some respect?

Whether you believe in Global Warming or not wouldn't you prefer cleaner air and less pollution over all?

It should not matter if Global Warming is happening, or whether it happens in a thousand years or if it happens at all..we should look after the environment!
This is a beautiful topic.

IT'S COLD OUT, LOL.

I love how I gave the easiest point of view to argue with, but still the retorts were full of holes.
Hardcore Ottoman
May I point out the earth is not a human being that must be in good health. When people say "preserve the earth!" they really mean "preserve us!" because preserving our planet is only so far as to sustain human life in our interest. So stop personifying the fucking planet...
aquila.89
QUOTE(SOADdict @ Nov 11 2008, 11:16 AM) [snapback]1471302[/snapback]
May I point out the earth is not a human being that must be in good health. When people say "preserve the earth!" they really mean "preserve us!" because preserving our planet is only so far as to sustain human life in our interest. So stop personifying the fucking planet...

No the earth is not a human being but the majority of things on it a living breathing things (plants, animals and humans).
Don't we, as humans, who have high brain function etc. have an obligation to look afte the place that we live?

You are right when people say 'preserve the earth' they do ean 'preserve us' because no earth = no us!

I don't think anyone is personifying the planet they are just saying take care of it.
We don't have to give up our luxuries and freedoms we just need to be smarter in the way we do things.

There are things that are completely out of our control, for example, every farm animal in the world creates more carbon pollution than all the cars etc. in the world, what can we do about that? Stop eating meat? stop drinking milk? Of course not and to think we can is ridiculous...but do we HAVE to use coal for electricty? No we don't. Do we all have to drive one car each to work? No we don't, we can carpool or catch public transport.
As I said we don't have to stop living our lives and go and live like we did in the cave man days, we just need to be smarter in the way we do things...that way everyone wins.
Hardcore Ottoman
I agree, but I meant to let out all of pent up frustration with people that do personify the planet so we can "save" it when if they simply said "preserve the earth for later generations" then only the truly selfish people could disagree. This isn't creative writing class...
Skinny†
QUOTE(SOADdict @ Nov 11 2008, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1471335[/snapback]
I agree, but I meant to let out all of pent up frustration with people that do personify the planet so we can "save" it when if they simply said "preserve the earth for later generations" then only the truly selfish people could disagree. This isn't creative writing class...

Okay, they shouldn't say "save the planet" they should say "save t he current state of the planet". And we shouldn't say "war on drugs" we should say "war on the sale and distribution of certain drugs"... just like we shouldn't say "education revolution" we should say "revolution on the federal funds granted to public schools, and further government oversight thereof"-- but nobody is going to switch to saying any of them becuase they are too long. It's just a slogan, what's your point?
Hardcore Ottoman
It's a stupid slogan. And I hate hippie mentality, even though I agree with their viewpoint. I just believe they would garner more respect if they didn't appear as a bunch of stoned witches cursing the world for hurting the 'soul' of the earth...

If if wasn't a slogan the intent would be better put in context, but in the current standing it seems popular for people to say, "fuck it, I'll die before the earth turns to shit anyway."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.