Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Connecting surround sound p.c speakers to ps3....
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
Flea
Hey, is there anyway i can connect my Phillips Surround sound speakers to my ps3?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-MMS460-Sur...4877&sr=8-2

I'm woundering becouse i dont have enough for a HDTV at the minute, and cant always play the PS3 downstairs, so i was thinking about getting a new biger monitor, and just connect the P.C speakers to the ps3, but i cant find away todo it with these speakers, is there any leads or anything i could buy? also there 5.1, does that make any differance to anything?
Boss Up
All you do is connect your PS3 to your TV via HDMI cable. The speakers need to be connected though the TV.
Flea
so ill get a monitor with HDMI input (which is what i was gunna do anyway) plug the PS3 into the monitor with the HDMI cable, and connect the 5.1 surround sound speakers into the Monitor? the monitor i have right now only has the green slot, it doesnt have red or yellow, will i only need the green?
Boss Up
I misunderstood your question bro. I suppose you can connect the green cable into the port on your monitor. Try it and give me an update.
Flea
I tryed connecting the green cable into the green slot on the monitor, and it didnt work, no sound came out of the speakers, i didnt really expect it to since theres no where to put the red and yellow cables, i'm assuming there isnt a way to play these speakers through the PS3....
Boss Up
There is way. I did a little research and found out you need a VGA converter.
Flea
hmmm, so this will let me play the speakers using my ps3 and monitor, it says pal aswell so it should work in the U.K, but i'm abit confused on how this actually works, do i plug the speakers into this, then plug it into the ps3, and connect the Monitor and ps3 with the HDMI cable?
Boss Up
It depends on which kind you get because some have different configurations. But usually you plug in the Red/White/Yellow cables into the converter, plug in the VGA cable into the VGA Out port, then plug the other end into the PC.
Flea
QUOTE(Boss Up @ Apr 24 2008, 11:10 PM) [snapback]1420790[/snapback]
It depends on which kind you get because some have different configurations. But usually you plug in the Red/White/Yellow cables into the converter, plug in the VGA cable into the VGA Out port, then plug the other end into the PC.

But will this converter fit into a PS3?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.