Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it really still called "Next Gen"
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
Mekstizzle
GTA Next Gen

Name of the group that has all the GTA4 forums

---

Is it really still next gen? I'd say now that both consoles have been out for at least a year (360 - two years) that it really is just "now" instead of "next gen" - the PS2/Xbox is now history. Next Gen should be things like DX10/Crysis. PS3/X360 are very much this generation.

So er, you can remove the "Next Gen" bit and just rename it to Grand Theft Auto 4 or something. wink.gif

thumbup.gif
Ophis-
QUOTE(Mekingtons @ Apr 22 2008, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1418194[/snapback]
GTA Next Gen

Name of the group that has all the GTA4 forums

---

Is it really still next gen? I'd say now that both consoles have been out for at least a year (360 - two years) that it really is just "now" instead of "next gen" - the PS2/Xbox is now history. Next Gen should be things like DX10/Crysis. PS3/X360 are very much this generation.

So er, you can remove the "Next Gen" bit and just rename it to Grand Theft Auto 4 or something. wink.gif

thumbup.gif

You make a hell of a good point!

How long do we call things like this 'next gen' ?
OptimumPx
You make an excellent point.

As a temporary fix I've renamed it 'GTA Current Gen' until a better name can be chosen.
GTA~BOSS
lol thanks
insertclevername
Well remember how the PS2/Xbox were called next gen almost until the xbox 360 was announced...so nothing new here.
psychÝ
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Apr 22 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1418403[/snapback]

As a temporary fix I've renamed it 'GTA Current Gen' until a better name can be chosen.

Why don't you just call it GTA IV as there is only one GTA out for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
OptimumPx
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 22 2008, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1418691[/snapback]
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Apr 22 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1418403[/snapback]

Why don't you just call it GTA IV as there is only one GTA out for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

To be honest it's to make it match.

The older GTA games are in a section titled 'GTA Old Gen' so I made this one 'GTA Current Gen.'
Mekstizzle
I agree with psycho, just name it Grand Theft Auto 4. And then re-name the other section as "Other GTA Titles" or something.
Thrilla in Manila
Call GTA 3D "Last Gen"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.