Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happend to San Andreas-Multiplayer?(SA-MP)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
Hellzz Janitor
About a month ago i found out about SA-MP. I always loved messing around with San Andreas on my Xbox, so i decided to go buy a computer version of it on eBay to Play SAN Andreas multi player. So i got it Today(4/21/08), and i go to download it. And i noticed that it said there was no one online...? Then i go to the forum and see whats going on, and the forum is closed. So, I'm guessing i just wasted 10$. Or does anyone else have any other explanation for what happened to SA-MP? I know probley nobody cares about this because GTA4 is coming out in a week but can please someone just tell me whats going on? sad.gif
Zen
Since SAMP isn't working for you, have you tried playing on Multi Theft Auto instead? It's along the same lines as SAMP.

Edit: Wrong forum aswell, buddy. smile.gif
Hellzz Janitor
QUOTE(Hellzz Janitor @ Apr 21 2008, 10:14 PM) [snapback]1417766[/snapback]
About a month ago i found out about SA-MP. I always loved messing around with San Andreas on my Xbox, so i decided to go buy a computer version of it on eBay to Play SAN Andreas multi player. So i got it Today(4/21/08), and i go to download it. And i noticed that it said there was no one online...? Then i go to the forum and see whats going on, and the forum is closed. So, I'm guessing i just wasted 10$. Or does anyone else have any other explanation for what happened to SA-MP? I know probley nobody cares about this because GTA4 is coming out in a week but can please someone just tell me whats going on? sad.gif

I'm srry for being in the wrong forum, but i just wanted to know what happened...
Zen
OK, well the website states:

Due to some attacks on our services, we're now scaling back our operations. We will no longer be running an official forum or IRC channel. SA-MP client and server updates will be announced on this news page as they are made available.

Please remember that we are a small team and we are not professional game developers. Our only interest and objective is to make GTA:SA have a multiplayer option.

The master servers will remain online (hopefully for years to come).

That probably explains the downtime.
Hellzz Janitor
Yea, I missed that. Right after i posted my response on here i noticed that. I just hope that they will get their servers back up. I wanted to try the mod, but i guess i won't be able to.
neko_ceko
Probably another hacker attacks.
It works now.

Yup I'm right

Due to some attacks on our services, we're now scaling back our operations. We will no longer be running an official forum or IRC channel. SA-MP client and server updates will be announced on this news page as they are made available.

Please remember that we are a small team and we are not professional game developers. Our only interest and objective is to make GTA:SA have a multiplayer option.

The master servers will remain online (hopefully for years to come).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.