Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grand Theft Auto IV - Game Walkthrough on the site?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
Dr_West
Back when SA was released Psy posted a walkthrough covering everything in SA for the website. I was wondering whether the same was going to happen for GTA IV. If so why not make it a fan project? A group of members collaborate and put together a complete guide for GTA IV? I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes or anything but I just thought it would be a nice thing to do post release.

What do you think? I'd be happy to helm the project or help with it if you guys like it......
1UP
I think Psy said he plans to play thru GTA4 on ps3 to 100 % then write a Walkthrough while playing thru the 360 version... forget where he said that, but anyway, Im sure the site would love to get some guides up soon as possible after release of GTA4, so im guessing if you just posted what you've done when GTA4 comes out they'd upload it to the sites walkthroughs an what not if its good enough and not already done.

Goodluck on it, I wont be getting GTA4 at release so im beting it'll all be done before i even play gta4. Psy will probably see this thread or an admin sometime soon so keep checking in here off an on. tongue.gif
Psy
I will definitely be writing a guide, but I intend to play through the game as quickly as possible first of all so I don't get anything spoiled. I most likely will try to play through on the PS3 first, however once my 360 version arrives I might just switch to that and start again. I'll see, but I'll definitely be doing guides for it, so anyone who wishes to contribute to anything is more than welcome.
Mekstizzle
Hey, we're not called gtaguides.com for no reason...Oh wait. I might contribute, but as the old saying goes. Don't bother doing anything, because there will always be someone better than you to do it better.
Dr_West
Psy - Could you check your PMs please fella

Mekingtons - Yeah I tried that site but I always get directed back here, how come?
Psy
The domain name expired and without it, the site was pretty much finished. We'll have a new one some time in the future though.
BikerMatt13
this is off topic, but since we are talking about walkthroughs can someone tell if they have confirmed hidden packages and also if there are any clues to what the rewards are? I dont know if it will still be weapons spawning at your safehouse since they seem to be making guns and ammo more important to conserve and use wisely.
Indy
i believe hidden packages have been confirmed somewhere.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ Apr 20 2008, 01:57 AM) [snapback]1416108[/snapback]
i believe hidden packages have been confirmed somewhere.

I can confirm that aswell as i read it somewhere. I believe it was in one of the Reviews of the game.

As for unlocking stuff i couldn't tell you but i have a feeling it would be along the lines of the other three 3d GTAs. And for the 360 version Achievement points too.

Edited due to grammatical errors.
MichaelC
Hey, this is my first post here. ohmy.gif

Really?

Anyway, as you may have noticed on the affiliates page, there's a button to "GTA IV Guide", or www.gtaivguide.net - I respect Psy with the guides he has written, hence we (Psy and gtaivguide.net) will hopefully work closely together with the guide for GTA IV in the near future. If you're thinking it, no, I didn't create the website to annoy/make people angry with the domain, or to cause competition. Although our website will not contain mission guides for a few days (until the crew have played through the game), we'll be happy to share guides and/or snippets when we begin to do mission guides.

Ima wish you good luck with your guide in the future. thumbup.gif
Qdeathstar
I plan on working on hidden packages.
REIDYTHEKING
why dont you make the walk through like the IVTV forums

you could have a mission title and people can write tips underneath it
along with a video
Thrilla in Manila
exactlywhy I can't be on the internet when gta4 coes out with people dying to make walkthroughs

I'm gonna be tempted to look at them, plus people are gonna be trying to beat the game so fast spoilers are gonna be everywhere.
Dr_West
I plan on working on R3 Missions
jdid112
QUOTE(Dr_West @ Apr 20 2008, 11:23 AM) [snapback]1416577[/snapback]
I plan on working on R3 Missions

Cool Glitch Report=Mine.

I will note and try to replay (With video footage) all the wonderful glitches I find.
GTA 4EVER
its much better if you (Psy or the other Admin) also fill with the screenshot when u playing. and its really much better if u contain the video too biggrin.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(GTA 4EVER @ Sep 18 2008, 07:01 AM) [snapback]1465339[/snapback]
its much better if you (Psy or the other Admin) also fill with the screenshot when u playing. and its really much better if u contain the video too :D

Nice bump on a 5 month old topic.
GTFO.
Harrop
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 18 2008, 02:14 PM) [snapback]1465356[/snapback]
QUOTE(GTA 4EVER @ Sep 18 2008, 07:01 AM) [snapback]1465339[/snapback]
its much better if you (Psy or the other Admin) also fill with the screenshot when u playing. and its really much better if u contain the video too biggrin.gif

Nice bump on a 5 month old topic.
GTFO.

Saved me writing it.
Skepta
I was just about to post a topic about this and read Psy post he said this AUG 08... taking you a long time kid
Indy
QUOTE(Skepta @ Jan 18 2009, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1479418[/snapback]
I was just about to post a topic about this and read Psy post he said this AUG 08... taking you a long time kid

http://www.gta4.tv/guides.php

IQ<29
Zen
Like Indy posted, you can find all our guides here. You might want to look more carefully next time buddy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.