Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Day Countdown?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
asthenia
Well you know I'm all for the mini day count in the corner. The last thing I want is a this-many-seconds! countdown, but I'm just wondering, are we gonna put up a countdown like that on the last day? Hours and minutes, I hate to say it, but hell, seconds too for the sake of the last minute. People all over the place are gonna be sat watching the frontpage of IV fan sites counting down. Why not make it ours?

Sorry for rambling on. wink.gif
Lee
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Apr 17 2008, 08:23 AM) [snapback]1413660[/snapback]
Well you know I'm all for the mini day count in the corner. The last thing I want is a this-many-seconds! countdown, but I'm just wondering, are we gonna put up a countdown like that on the last day? Hours and minutes, I hate to say it, but hell, seconds too for the sake of the last minute. People all over the place are gonna be sat watching the frontpage of IV fan sites counting down. Why not make it ours?

Sorry for rambling on. wink.gif

A days/hours/minutes would be good at this stage of the countdown, seconds is going a bit far though. What timezone is the countdown based on though? There would have to be a different countdown for each timezone unless the site could read the location automatically a store a cookie after the first visit.
Psy
The current countdown uses JavaScript and sets the time remaining based on the time and date on your PC, so time zones wouldn't be a problem. The only thing I don't like about counting down to an exact minute is... What minute do I count down till? When the shops open? Midnight? When people can actually get the game?

Counting down to the DAY is by far the best option as far as I can see, but if a few of you want it, I can change it.
gta 4 clan
sry i wont be watching that lol,i will be out side of eb games lol but this is good thinking,it sounds kewl.especially if your not getting it until later on lol
Mekstizzle
I'd say Midnight considering alot of stores will be doing a Midnight release thing for this game
woodfordmasacre
u wont ave the game wen it is officaly released u no, so until it gets ther in the post if uve preordered it tn it dnt matter!
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(woodfordmasacre @ Apr 17 2008, 01:51 PM) [snapback]1413844[/snapback]
u wont ave the game wen it is officaly released u no, so until it gets ther in the post if uve preordered it tn it dnt matter!

wat
Lee
QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 17 2008, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1413839[/snapback]
The current countdown uses JavaScript and sets the time remaining based on the time and date on your PC, so time zones wouldn't be a problem. The only thing I don't like about counting down to an exact minute is... What minute do I count down till? When the shops open? Midnight? When people can actually get the game?

Counting down to the DAY is by far the best option as far as I can see, but if a few of you want it, I can change it.

Psys probably right, there's no need for hours/minutes because we're not actually waiting for something to appear such as a trailer or site update. If you getting the game at midnight then your not watching the countdown. If your not getting the game at midnight then you wouldn't watch the countdown until it says zero, just to go to bed and wake up in the morning and then get the game.
Tree1
i will post prob stay up for it but i cant see the point it aint like you can play it straighte away whn the clock hits 12 sad.gif unless u ave a VERY VERY good delivery service lol
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Lee @ Apr 17 2008, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1413893[/snapback]

Psys probably right, there's no need for hours/minutes because we're not actually waiting for something to appear such as a trailer or site update. If you getting the game at midnight then your not watching the countdown. If your not getting the game at midnight then you wouldn't watch the countdown until it says zero, just to go to bed and wake up in the morning and then get the game.

Thankyou. I agree. Let's not get carried away with this game...
FuddMan
QUOTE(Leng Tch @ Apr 18 2008, 12:52 AM) [snapback]1414469[/snapback]

Umm, this a GTA fansite. How can we not get carried away by it? Jumpy.gif
Nec
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 18 2008, 01:52 AM) [snapback]1414680[/snapback]

Ditto. clap.gif
asthenia
QUOTE(Mekingtons @ Apr 17 2008, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1413841[/snapback]
I'd say Midnight considering alot of stores will be doing a Midnight release thing for this game

^ Yup.

This makes a difference why? Alot of people have always counted down to the day it's released, it's just something nice to have.

QUOTE(Nec @ Apr 18 2008, 09:57 AM) [snapback]1414681[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 18 2008, 01:52 AM) [snapback]1414680[/snapback]

Ditto. clap.gif

Leng only agree's cus he thinks I'm a bundle. happy.gif clap.gif I agree that we SHOULD get carried away!
Mekstizzle
HOLY SHIT 10 DAYS 7 HOURS 30 MINUTES AND 54.....NO, 52 SECONDS LEFT Jumpy.gif
FuddMan
QUOTE(Mekingtons @ Apr 18 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1414855[/snapback]
HOLY SHIT 10 DAYS 7 HOURS 30 MINUTES AND 54.....NO, 52 SECONDS LEFT Jumpy.gif

I'm glad you like it smile.gif
Psy
I've added the same thing on the website.
asthenia
*starts whinging about how it's too early to have the countdown up now and that you should have left it to the last day*

...mellow.gif Joke.

Nice one. wink.gif
*Tommy_Vercetti*
QUOTE(Mekingtons @ Apr 17 2008, 10:21 AM) [snapback]1413878[/snapback]

wat

LMAO
OptimumPx
Well...we have a countdown now so I'll go ahead and declare this problem solved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.