Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Playstation Magazine Review: 10/10
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
The Official Playstation Magazine in the UK has released it's review of the game just a few days after the Official Xbox Magazine released theirs. The news is good in terms of the console 'war' as both magazines have rated the game 10/10. There were a few new snippets of interesting information in the Playstation magazine, however we're now so close to the game being released, we'll leave out a few of them for you to discover in game on your own (or unless you decide to read the magazine yourself).
  • One of the main reasons that Niko visits Liberty City is to find the man who betrayed his old army unit.
  • If you leave Niko standing still for a few seconds, the first thing he'll do is scratch his balls.
  • The PS3 Version will support Dual Shock 3 vibration controllers, with the control vibrating when your phone rings.
  • You can blind fire with any weapon but the sniper rifle.
  • The first girl that Niko hooks up with is called Michelle. She asks a lot of awkward questions.
  • You can whistle for a cab by pushing the L1 button.
  • Lazlow is back on the radio, hosting his own chat show once again.
  • There's an advert for a website called babiesovernight.com. GTA veterans may remember petsovernight.com from GTA3.
  • Throughout the story, there are several times where you must choose whether an important character lives or dies.
  • Real comedians can be found performing in the comedy clubs.
  • Many of the games locations have been built especially for firefights, including the Libertonian museum with dinosaur fossils and exploding vases.
  • OPM say that GTA4 is influenced by the movie 'Eastern Promises', Fast Food, Celebrity Culture, Fox News and the TV show 'Brotherhood'.
  • OPM also state that the game is not perfect, and that there are sometimes problems with the aiming system occasionally locking onto incapacitated enemies rather than those who are shooting at you, but that it's a massive improvement over the previous aiming systems.
  • Helicopters are said to be very difficult to fly, and bikes are very fragile meaning you'll most likely be flying off it every few seconds.
In addition to this, all of the GTA4 radio stations have been revealed:
  • WKTT - We Know The Truth (right wing talk radio)
  • San Juan Sounds (latin)
  • Integrity 2.0 (chat show, hosted by Lazlow)
  • Liberty City Hardcore (punk/hardcore)
  • Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 (classic rock)
  • The Vibe 98.8 (soul/R'n'B)
  • PLR - Public Liberty Radio (radio phone-in)
  • The Classics 104.1 (old-skool hip-hop)
  • Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (jazz)
  • Vladivostok FM (eastern european music)
  • Radio Broker (alternative rock)
  • Tuff Gong Radio (reggae/dub)
  • Electro Choc (dance)
  • Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)
  • IF99 - International Funk (funk)
  • The Beat 102.7 (contemporary hip-hop)
  • K109 The Studio (disco)
  • Fusion FM
  • The Journey (ambient/chillout)
Credit to raidenraider2006 and Asthenia.
Rayniac

Very cool info there! Thanks for posting!
They actually posted all the stations... Hope Rockstar agreed to that smile.gif But I'm glad to see a bunch of good rockstations!

And the ballscratching thing is probably the first thing I'll do when starting up the game! :-)
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Argh, I just read the spoilers and now I'm beating my head against the wall.
Still, nice info. 10/10 reviews from two magazines is definitely cause for joy. We'll have to see how the unofficial magazines rate it though.
Samurai_tbag
Nice to see two decent Hip-Hop stations.
craniumkick
damn the radio is gonna kick ass
asthenia
And this is how the post will look children, if you're not pulling stuff from sources and throwing it all into one post. Nice. cool.gif

It's a very good review.
TwoFacedTanner
Woot a Classic Rock station!

And judging by those scans...he is always scratching his head when he has a body in his trunk.
If only you could put all bodies in the trunk. Haha, dead black dude storage! Or dead hooker storage...
REIDYTHEKING
wow now i can scratch my balls virtualy aswell !!!!!
bOnEs
awesome... i just hope that your decisions on main characters living or dying doesn't affect the 100% goal... because, i am sure there are points where you are still doing missions for this guy that you are now suppose to whack...
Anton
i just listened to vladivostok FM, hilarious. if anyone understands russian/ukrainian you'll know what i mean.
In Kontrol
Ha ha! It just gets better and better! biggrin.gif
HB~Sauce
OPM also state that the game is not perfect, and that there are sometimes problems with the aiming system occasionally locking onto incapacitated enemies rather than those who are shooting at you, but that it's a massive improvement over the previous aiming systems.
Good to see a flaw, and it doesn't seem that much of a nusaince.

Helicopters are said to be very difficult to fly, and bikes are very fragile meaning you'll most likely be flying off it every few seconds.

By difficult they mean "GTA III Dodo" hard?

Getting really excited for the game!
-spyder-
Great info, thanks for posting

Many of the games locations have been built especially for firefights, including the Libertonian museum with dinosaur fossils and exploding vases.

this sounds well good
Rayniac
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Apr 16 2008, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1412828[/snapback]
OPM also state that the game is not perfect, and that there are sometimes problems with the aiming system occasionally locking onto incapacitated enemies rather than those who are shooting at you, but that it's a massive improvement over the previous aiming systems.
Good to see a flaw, and it doesn't seem that much of a nusaince.

Helicopters are said to be very difficult to fly, and bikes are very fragile meaning you'll most likely be flying off it every few seconds.
By difficult they mean "GTA III Dodo" hard?

Getting really excited for the game!

I think that would be a little too hard... :-)
craniumkick
soo i guess theres no scans? (not supposed to ask that?)
TreeFitty
QUOTE(craniumkick @ Apr 16 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1413114[/snapback]
soo i guess theres no scans? (not supposed to ask that?)

Check the GTA 4 forum.
Soliex
Helicopters in any video game seem hard to fly; that is unless your proficient and understand the laws of physics that a helicopter interacts with.

I'm sure I wont have a problem hovering peacefully along the streets of liberty city.
The_Technician
QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 16 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1412636[/snapback]
One of the main reasons that Niko visits Liberty City is to find the man who betrayed his old army unit.

BRILLIANT! i like it, and it sets up a really good ending, as the guy you'll have to kill will be a hardcore soldier too.

If you leave Niko standing still for a few seconds, the first thing he'll do is scratch his balls.

utterly hilarious.

The PS3 Version will support Dual Shock 3 vibration controllers, with the control vibrating when your phone rings.

iiii like it.

Throughout the story, there are several times where you must choose whether an important character lives or dies.

i heard about this, and it's great. i hope that we get to choose to kill Roman sometime in the game...fat bastard.

Real comedians can be found performing in the comedy clubs.

Like Ricky Gervais. maybe Jerry Seinfeld will too?

Many of the games locations have been built especially for firefights, including the Libertonian museum with dinosaur fossils and exploding vases.

Thats it...i NEED this fucking game!

OPM say that GTA4 is influenced by the movie 'Eastern Promises', Fast Food, Celebrity Culture, Fox News and the TV show 'Brotherhood'.

i LOVE that movie

all i can say is that this game is going to be a beautiful work of living, breathing art. and i can't wait to own it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.