Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Screenshot From Rockstar
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
Rockstar Games have kindly sent us another exclusive screenshot to add to our gallery. It shows off the games heads up display (HUD), as well as Niko taking cover behind a car while he takes part in a firefight with the cops.

Other fansites have received screenshots too. Check them out:Stay tuned for more images and updates on GTA4.TV in the coming days.
-spyder-
wow cool
Zen
Looks great. Have you checked that other topic for some other screenshots, Psy?
asthenia
Sexy.
DiO
I like the new HUD despite what others say.
REIDYTHEKING
oh my god oh my god oh my god

i want to play that game more than the americans want to kill terrorists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Albo
QUOTE(D-O @ Apr 15 2008, 03:23 PM) [snapback]1412129[/snapback]
I like the new HUD despite what others say.

Yeah ! I do too just because its so simple.
nirvanafrik
perfect!
jdid112
Nice. Gun looks a little weird to me though.

Dr. Drew
me too just one thing though does the wanted level look small. I don't want to be riding around and get busted by a cop because I couldn't notice that I had one star.
jdid112
QUOTE(Dr. Drew @ Apr 15 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]1412251[/snapback]
me too just one thing though does the wanted level look small. I don't want to be riding around and get busted by a cop because I couldn't notice that I had one star.

Maybe a noise to notify you?
FuddMan
QUOTE(Buffalo Bob @ Apr 15 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1412253[/snapback]
QUOTE(Dr. Drew @ Apr 15 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]1412251[/snapback]

Maybe a noise to notify you?

God no.
craniumkick
lol the gun logo in the right corner is kinda cheesy imo but the map/gps looks great
jdid112
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 15 2008, 05:33 PM) [snapback]1412255[/snapback]
God no.

Lol. Like that little 'duhhn' noise in San andreas everytime you got a popup or something.
bOnEs
QUOTE(REIDYTHEKING @ Apr 15 2008, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1412152[/snapback]
oh my god oh my god oh my god

i want to play that game more than the americans want to kill terrorists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, only our "new world" government wants to kill terrorists... me, an american, thinks killing terrorists is pointless because you can't kill em all, you just breed new ones happy4.gif...

i noticed that the HUD is sorta bright... am i safe to assume that perhaps it's flashing since there's 4 stars? R* took a screeny while it was flashing? that's sorta cool if it does do that... it's a good reminder to GTFOutta there!!
jdid112
Hmm, so the money doesn't always stay in the top right?

That gun icon is very ugly.

HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Buffalo Bob @ Apr 15 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1412271[/snapback]
Hmm, so the money doesn't always stay in the top right?

That gun icon is very ugly.

I agree, not very attractive in my eyes.
§ynch
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 15 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1412267[/snapback]
i noticed that the HUD is sorta bright... am i safe to assume that perhaps it's flashing since there's 4 stars? R* took a screeny while it was flashing? that's sorta cool if it does do that... it's a good reminder to GTFOutta there!!

Perhaps this is the ZONE of his criminal net.
It's already been mentioned a few times, and quite obviously,
in this shot he is far from exiting that police net.
It seems to be light blue, rather than flashing.
The in-game map probably reveals a huge radius in light blue.

I actually like the gun icons.....

GTAGaming removed the shot in the above link, for some reason.....
Psy
GTAGaming have probably stopped other sites linking directly to their image, so I've removed the link to their site altogether... Ah well.
jdid112
That gun icon has to be a joke. The more I look at it, the more I think "This is fugly as shit".

DiO
since when has the gun icon looked like their real life counterpart. dont forget in all other gta games the icons looked funky. i liked it and still do. furthermore, its a gun icon...who gives a fuck
The_Technician
wow...everyine should fuck off about the gun logo

it's nice, and you don't need a full image of it in the top, you can see its beauty in Niko's hands

but whats with the map all being white on the bottom half?

EDIT: WOAH! on the 'gtaplace' pic, the shotgun is going through his arm MAJORLY

EDIT2: that said, the other pics are awesome...the guy getting shot in the SUV and the chopper over the street are mint!
Shandane
roll2.gif me likee these very much
Richardx08
MY GOD!!!!!
TreeFitty
QUOTE(The_Technician @ Apr 16 2008, 01:58 AM) [snapback]1412488[/snapback]
but whats with the map all being white on the bottom half?

The map is semi-transparent. If you look at the street you can see how the dark/blue and light/white match up.

So the brightness of the street makes the whole bottom of the map look white while the top is still blue because the street is darker.
asthenia
I'm quite liking them icons actually... They're growing on me. Give it 20 minutes of play and you'll feel the same, haters.
The_Technician
^ True that
Rayniac
hehe, I love 'em all! The gun icon looks great to me... doesn't need to be photorealistic, it's grey, which is more contemporary and it doesn't take the focus from the screen away.

Also, I can't recall from past games, but I guess now the wanted stars start from right to left. (will pop in SA to see if this was the case here too)

Also, in the screen from gtaItaly, looks he's just committing the crime. (well, blowing shit up will get you there...) You can nicely see the search radius growing and sweeping across the map. Wanted star is a bit more black but not lit yet... very nice!
REIDYTHEKING
its better than the graphics for guns on past gta games when the gun looks like its been mad of cardboard
bOnEs
i'm gonna sorta miss the box around the weapons sad4.gif... it was a staple of the franchise...

ahh, who the hell am i kidding... out with the old, and in with the new!!

@ Rayniac - it does appear that the stars will be backwards in this edition... that's different happy4.gif...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.