Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arcade scores?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
psychÝ
Why does korben have massive unrealistically possible scores on like 4 games?

Fix It.
Kuwong
I don't see how they're impossible. They all seem within the normal rates to me. This guy however http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?autoco...mp;userid=38939 his score on throw me, can not be possible. v_v
Psy
The thing you need to check is the time they took to achieve those scores. If they've played for 30 odd minutes and set a massive total then it's possible. If they play for 10 seconds and got 1 million points then they probably hacked it. All scores seem fine to me though.
Mekstizzle
Arcade games aren't about skill, they're just about Endurance. Most shit is these days. It's not about how good you are, just how long you can do it for. I have a short attention span so I'll never be able to play a simpleton Arcade game for more than like 5 minutes.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 15 2008, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1411917[/snapback]
The thing you need to check is the time they took to achieve those scores. If they've played for 30 odd minutes and set a massive total then it's possible. If they play for 10 seconds and got 1 million points then they probably hacked it. All scores seem fine to me though.

Go play tetris and get 1,000,000 and I will paypal you £1 let alone 3,000,000.

And duffman that score on that is possible, you would just have to have to much time on your hands to get it.

To mek: Tetris is about skill, well it comes down to speed by the end of it, I would say curve ball is as well, other than that though not really.

Get a 2 player checkers game, checkers is the awesome, and chess for the clever people.
MrPMonkey
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Apr 15 2008, 01:41 PM) [snapback]1411904[/snapback]
This guy however...
...his score on throw me, can not be possible. v_v

My score on throw me was just sheer luck!! Haha!

The reason it took 30 mins was because my 'ball' went up to 500,000 odd feet in the air and I had to wait 10 minutes on it going up and another 15 coming down.

N.B. My previous high score on Throw Me before this was just under 200,000 which surprisingly didn't take much less time.

clap.gif notworthy.gif clap.gif notworthy.gif clap.gif
I Have to agree on Korbens scores, I have 3 top scores, previously 5, none of them I got were Korben's..

I've spent ages trying to beat some of his, Including many 'perfect games' where I've beat the game to the point of it being impossible for ANYONE to continue, yet i've still been wayyyyy behind him, not others just him.
1UP
Seemed ive been battling you on some games ^ One day ill get to lvl 9 on curve ball!!!

I only agree on one score, Korbans tetris score is like unrealistic, an from my screen itself I cant see how long it took him to get that score... One other thing, even if you are good at that game is it even possible to get that far? I know the breakout game eventually gets to a point were it stops geting harder... I myself don't think its the same for tetris.

All the other scores looked fine to me... But then again if he did hack 1 game its likely he did others?
OK ENOUGH!

He's just set a new high score on the bloody pingu game

check this yo

- Look at the small gap between scores 2-10 and then look at his all out there on its own

This on a game based 80% on luck, you can't say that the guy with already 5 ridiculous scores has got sum extraordinary shot 5000 better than any1 else

psychÝ
QUOTE(2526 @ Apr 16 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1413182[/snapback]
OK ENOUGH!

check this yo

- Look at the small gap between scores 2-10 and then look at his all out there on its own

This on a game based 80% on luck, you can't say that the guy with already 5 ridiculous scores has got sum extraordinary shot 5000 better than any1 else

80%, go look at the tetris score that is 6800% times higher than anyone else is and is categorically impossible as I have already stated I will actually paypal some one £1 if they can get 1,000,000 on it, fuck it i'll paypal you £10 as I know if you got it you cheated, therefore the whole idea is void.

The highest you could score on tetris if you were amazing is about 150,000 and that would be one of the best people in the world as you can't move the pieces fast enough.
1UP
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 16 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1413460[/snapback]
OK ENOUGH!

check this yo

80%, go look at the tetris score that is 6800% times higher than anyone else is and is categorically impossible as I have already stated I will actually paypal some one £1 if they can get 1,000,000 on it, fuck it i'll paypal you £10 as I know if you got it you cheated, therefore the whole idea is void.

The highest you could score on tetris if you were amazing is about 150,000 and that would be one of the best people in the world as you can't move the pieces fast enough.

So the tetris game on here does keep getting faster? I wasn't good enough to get to far v.v

Also his ten pin score is unbelievable, was uber hard for me just getting 3 strikes outa all the frames, even the guy in second barely past me, an korben is a good 40 ahead of anyone else. that would take like 6 strikes easy >.< That games got like a 90% rate on getting a 7/10 pin split...
psychÝ
QUOTE(DJ-1UP @ Apr 17 2008, 02:15 AM) [snapback]1413467[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 16 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1413460[/snapback]
OK ENOUGH!

check this yo

So the tetris game on here does keep getting faster? I wasn't good enough to get to far v.v

Also his ten pin score is unbelievable, was uber hard for me just getting 3 strikes outa all the frames, even the guy in second barely past me, an korben is a good 40 ahead of anyone else. that would take like 6 strikes easy >.< That games got like a 90% rate on getting a 7/10 pin split...

Tetris keeps getting fast and going up levels, level 10 isn't the last, i've got up to like 16 before and then if you cock up one shape or the right shape does come after like 2 or 3 you are boned as you won't be able to move and spin the shape to the right place quick enough.
Lee
OK ENOUGH!

check this yo

That's bollocks. I set my highscore yesterday which was over a thousand higher than his second place score, then a day later, having been knocked off the top, he decides to have a go and demolishes my score. Something dodgy going on there. Come on, I hit about 6 mines in a row and by the time I hit the last one I was almost going vertical, I didn't miss a mine until the after the 6th by which time I was travelling slowly anyway.
FuddMan
So who deleted my score on Bloody Penguin? rolleyes.gif

EDIT: and on Throw Me? I guess we'll have to reset the scoreboards if people are going to cheat.
Lee
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 17 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1413856[/snapback]
So who deleted my score on Bloody Penguin? rolleyes.gif

EDIT: and on Throw Me? I guess we'll have to reset the scoreboards if people are going to cheat.

Deleted your score? Your still there in third aren't you?

Edit: ahhh now I see!! Strange is that, I blame pyscho cause he took your bronze medal!
1UP
The throw me scores are weird... My names not on there either now( an I was like 4th or w/e with a score of 146 k, and how the fuck did someone get 1.8 mill in 30 mins. max you can get in like 10 mins is like 200 - 300 k max. Ast got 400 k which i guess if he did that in about 10 min he was lucky.

Altho I did run into a glitch whilst playing, one of the canon ball thingy or w/e you'd like to call it, messed up an shot me straight down thru the ground at like 100 times faster then it usually shoots. I had like -500 k.
Dalepack
QUOTE(MrPMonkey @ Apr 15 2008, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1411945[/snapback]
This guy however...

The reason it took 30 mins was because my 'ball' went up to 500,000 odd feet in the air and I had to wait 10 minutes on it going up and another 15 coming down.

N.B. My previous high score on Throw Me before this was just under 200,000 which surprisingly didn't take much less time.

QUOTE(DJ-1UP @ Apr 17 2008, 03:19 PM) [snapback]1413876[/snapback]
... and how the fuck did someone get 1.8 mill in 30 mins. max you can get in like 10 mins is like 200 - 300 k max.

Read previous posts man, the you wouldn't have to ask previously answered questions.
FuddMan
There is a genuine glitch in throw me. I just got up to 50000mph, and I'm still going:

Click to view attachment
1UP
QUOTE(Dalepack @ Apr 17 2008, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1413888[/snapback]
This guy however...

... and how the fuck did someone get 1.8 mill in 30 mins. max you can get in like 10 mins is like 200 - 300 k max.

Read previous posts man, the you wouldn't have to ask previously answered questions.

If you read my whole post youd see I pointed out it was a glitch... =\

Anyone see kobains astroids score compared to everyone elses?
psychÝ
QUOTE(DJ-1UP @ Apr 17 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]1413950[/snapback]
This guy however...

Yeah but fuck all people have played that really, some of the games are chance therefore technically he could have got it, but other games such as tetris get hard (and maybe asteroids) and therefore you just can't be that good because it isn't physically possible.

Here is an interesting one Helicopter scores, not these should correlate with time due to the longer you play the further you get, and it does mainly, with a few discrepancies of 5-10 seconds or so which would be in the margin of error, until you get to the top where the top person seems to have got the same score in 2.54 as someone in 7 mins, korben has got an even lower score in 8mins something and these 2 results don't fit the correlation at all. Kind of imlies the game has been slowed down by 4x or something.
Lee
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 17 2008, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1413948[/snapback]
There is a genuine glitch in throw me. I just got up to 50000mph, and I'm still going:

Click to view attachment

Has it not come down yet!?
1UP
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 17 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1414031[/snapback]
This guy however...

Yeah but fuck all people have played that really, some of the games are chance therefore technically he could have got it, but other games such as tetris get hard (and maybe asteroids) and therefore you just can't be that good because it isn't physically possible.

Ive got to around 43 k on asteroids before, an from what I do know is it was still getting harder an harder even at there. I don't know if it stops in difficulty, but he has like 10 times the score of anyone else. Wasn't even the asteroids that make you die completely, the small UFO things start shooting dead on. An once your around 25 k points if you get hit once by a UFO you often re-appear on top of an asteroid an die again cause theres so many. I think 200 k is impossible on it myself... At 30 k+ you'd have to not even die once, and if you do die, you'll be lucky if you don't spawn back on another asteroid. I do know some people have gotten into the 60 k's, but 200 k no way.

Really I think some of the games should be pulled, getting lucky from a glitch in throw me isn't exactly fair, games like hexagon and darts have a max score, an several people get it on day 1... The moon lander thing gives anyone the same score no matter what, Breakout I don't care either way on, its difficulty does have an end, and it is possible to go on as long as your willing.

Not meaning to sound mister grumpy but I think the whole arcade should be revised.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Lee @ Apr 17 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]1414046[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 17 2008, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1413948[/snapback]

Click to view attachment

Has it not come down yet!?

I quit the window. It would've taken about 30 minutes to come down and I couldn't be bothered to wait that long tongue.gif
psychÝ
QUOTE(DJ-1UP @ Apr 17 2008, 06:03 PM) [snapback]1414056[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 17 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1414031[/snapback]
This guy however...

Ive got to around 43 k on asteroids before, an from what I do know is it was still getting harder an harder even at there. I don't know if it stops in difficulty, but he has like 10 times the score of anyone else. Wasn't even the asteroids that make you die completely, the small UFO things start shooting dead on. An once your around 25 k points if you get hit once by a UFO you often re-appear on top of an asteroid an die again cause theres so many. I think 200 k is impossible on it myself... At 30 k+ you'd have to not even die once, and if you do die, you'll be lucky if you don't spawn back on another asteroid. I do know some people have gotten into the 60 k's, but 200 k no way.

Really I think some of the games should be pulled, getting lucky from a glitch in throw me isn't exactly fair, games like hexagon and darts have a max score, an several people get it on day 1... The moon lander thing gives anyone the same score no matter what, Breakout I don't care either way on, its difficulty does have an end, and it is possible to go on as long as your willing.

Not meaning to sound mister grumpy but I think the whole arcade should be revised.

Indeed, I can't really see the point in games with a maximum as once 3 people have it then the places are kind of irrelevant.
FuddMan
If you've got any suggestions for new games for the arcade that don't have 'maximum' scores, just let me know. The compatible ones can be found here: http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?autocom=arcade
psychÝ
Poker

http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?autocom...play&g=1301
http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?autocom...tats&g=1271

They seem quite popular

http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?autocom...=stats&g=82
http://www.ibparcade.com/index.php?autocom...=stats&g=28

Don't know if any of them are any good as the site admin clearly takes it up the ass as he won't accept "free" emails, like fuck I am signing up an email I care about.
FuddMan
Eep, I put down the wrong URL. Sorry about that. This is the one I meant: http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php?autocom=arcade <<< This one lets you try out the games first.
Lee
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 17 2008, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1414153[/snapback]
Eep, I put down the wrong URL. Sorry about that. This is the one I meant: http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php?autocom=arcade <<< This one lets you try out the games first.

You still have to register on that site if you want to try the games.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Lee @ Apr 17 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1414158[/snapback]

Funny, I swear they let me try them out without logging in... nope, you're right. ffs. Well anyway, any games you like the look of just tell me. If they're crap I can delete them again.
psychÝ
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 17 2008, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1414161[/snapback]
QUOTE(Lee @ Apr 17 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1414158[/snapback]

Funny, I swear they let me try them out without logging in... nope, you're right. ffs. Well anyway, any games you like the look of just tell me. If they're crap I can delete them again.

Get a poker game, preferable texas hold'em.
1UP
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Apr 19 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1415632[/snapback]

Thanks duff, game is more fun then I thought it would be. thumbup.gif
Lee
Wow thats just annoyed me. I just scored 42 on Simon and it didn't register. When I got the last one wrong the game window just went black and my score didn't get entered on the tables.
Swiift
lol i'm 100% ahead in spank the monkey.
just done what i usually dun and wehey! happy.gif

EDIT: btw duffman get air hockey average plz =]
Pieface
Fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.