Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: when do you unlock the helicopter/airplane as useable vehicles?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
el_bubba
I just beat all the los santos missions and now I'm in the countryside. how long until I can fly?
Ophis-
You need to gain 'air' time to get the planes.... after you do the flying school you will have them unlocked. But if you can't wait, use a car to jump the fence (gate house) on airports and find the dodo, fly around and do a few loops to gain flying skill and eventually it should work that way.
el_bubba
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Apr 12 2008, 12:52 AM) [snapback]1409881[/snapback]
You need to gain 'air' time to get the planes.... after you do the flying school you will have them unlocked. But if you can't wait, use a car to jump the fence (gate house) on airports and find the dodo, fly around and do a few loops to gain flying skill and eventually it should work that way.

Can I do that at any airport? Is there a specific place I should try to jump it?
Weasel
You can jump up to the roof of any Guard House (on the side) to gain access to the Airport. If you have trouble use a car to jump on.

fly the DoDo for 25 minutes (real Time) or the Shamel (jet) for about 15-18 minutes to get a 'pilots license' to allow access to the airports through the main gate.

Instructions on how to fly will appear in the upper left of the screen as they do for everything else.

Don't violate the air space of any Islands you do not have open bridges for. You will get 4 stars wanted level and be shot down. Fly in circles around your island.

If you fly out to sea (away from the island) you may trigger a future 'glitch'.
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(Weasel @ Apr 12 2008, 03:44 AM) [snapback]1409938[/snapback]
You can jump up to the roof of any Guard House (on the side) to gain access to the Airport. If you have trouble use a car to jump on.

fly the DoDo for 25 minutes (real Time) or the Shamel (jet) for about 15-18 minutes to get a 'pilots license' to allow access to the airports through the main gate.

Instructions on how to fly will appear in the upper left of the screen as they do for everything else.

Don't violate the air space of any Islands you do not have open bridges for. You will get 4 stars wanted level and be shot down. Fly in circles around your island.

You mean the [spoiler]Territory Glitch?[/spoiler]
Ophis-
QUOTE(Niko vs Claude @ Apr 12 2008, 07:12 AM) [snapback]1410005[/snapback]

oh i? whats that then, not heard that one before..
Weasel
It was alleged that if a person flys out to sea as a cheap way to gain flying time for pilots license it might affect the ability to find fares during taxi missions, like, CJ won't find any.

also note that after gaining access to the San Fiero airport some of the planes and copters won't unlock until after completing the Flying School. Others won't unlock until certain missions have been completed.
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Apr 12 2008, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1410078[/snapback]
QUOTE(Niko vs Claude @ Apr 12 2008, 07:12 AM) [snapback]1410005[/snapback]

oh i? whats that then, not heard that one before..

Big topic about it here - Territory glitch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.