Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Skin
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
Vic Vance
This forum needs a new skin, the blue lets alot of the good points of this forum down. The home page look really good, and I thing the blue skin lets everything down. I know it is very hard to make a custom skin, but there are ways around it. You could look for some skins that are free or buy a custom skin. If you want I can help you make skins, custom ones. Thats if you want, because I know you guys would not trust on a member, I am just showing you options.
FuddMan
If anyone wants to make us a custom skin for the forums based on the front page template then please do, you'll be credited in the footer and everything, but it's not something we feel we need to go out of our way to get. The free ones are over-whored pieces of crap, and we don't want to pay for one from extremepixels or transversestyles or whatever either because most of them are actually shit and everyone with plenty of money uses them anyway.
Sharpie Fetish
With forumer its much easier to make skins i made 10 myself

Forumer i shit though compared to invision
jdid112
QUOTE(Recruit CyanTist @ Mar 30 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]1403298[/snapback]
With forumer its much easier to make skins i made 10 myself

Forumer i shit though compared to invision

I think a new skins needs to happen before the release. I'll see what I can do.
Vic Vance
I can make skins I can make the same skin that you have on the news page. See i dont have a ipb yet but I have used one of there before I have used ipb 2.3.4. If you want ill make you one, but see that means you wuld have to give me permission to ur cp, you can diable my action , that if you think I am on the bad road. So I would only have access to the skin cp. I take my time on skins, I like quality, so if I would work, it would take 2-3 mounths, however the admins can view every step.
cuda is your boi
I'll probabaly have enough time in the next weeks to get something started, I'll try to update our older skins to the new IPB version as well.

Should you have any HTML/CSS/Graphics knowledge, feel free to send me a PM showing what you can do, and I just might start working something up in group.
Vic Vance
The problem is this forum don't let me pm.
FuddMan
You can now smile.gif
Vic Vance
happy4.gif Ok, I will start of buy talking about my work, I have worked with IPB 2.1.7, IPB 2.3.4 and 2.0. I have made two cool skins will now. I dont have no more forums, but I still got a print screen on my skin at my first attempt.

This skin took me a quite a long time because I was new to it. I also have a sanandeas one however I cant show it you because my forum is now down.
jdid112
QUOTE(Vic Vance @ Mar 31 2008, 12:01 PM) [snapback]1403691[/snapback]
Ok, I will start of buy talking about my work, I have worked with IPB 2.1.7, IPB 2.3.4 and 2.0. I have made two cool skins will now. I dont have no more forums, but I still got a print screen on my skin at my first attempt.

That is pretty good for a first attempt. This is now your forums. Stay. It would be cool if we could make the layout kinda like the front page, with the same color scheme and all that blah blah.

Wouldn't we have to upgrade the IPB board from 2.2.1?
Vic Vance
No see I had a gta community I made that for me back in 2006 - 2007- My second skin was much better. I dont have any forums now, So I cant make any skin without the forum. You would have to made my a admin, in oder to let me make the skin.
FuddMan
You can install WAMP (Windows Apache MySQL PHP) on your computer and install the board on localhost. We don't particularly want to let strangers in the ACP.
Vic Vance
First ting it would cost for a ipb, and I dont have money, I am not setting illegal version. Another thing how am I a stanger, I am working for you people. If you guys think I am a hacker and all, you can diable my actions, so I would have acess only to the SKIN section, so I would not have acess to the rest of the admin cp, but only the skin section.
Ophis-
QUOTE(Vic Vance @ Mar 31 2008, 08:40 PM) [snapback]1403761[/snapback]
First ting it would cost for a ipb, and I dont have money, I am not setting illegal version. Another thing how am I a stanger, I am working for you people. If you guys think I am a hacker and all, you can diable my actions, so I would have acess only to the SKIN section, so I would not have acess to the rest of the admin cp, but only the skin section.

haha,

Your a stranger as much as i am if i asked permission like you are doing. I've been here waaaay longer, but still a stranger to these guys. You have like what, 7 posts? Just because they might give you a chance at doing some work doesn't mean you instantly become well known?! :S

also, whats the point in giving you access, then think "shit, he might be a hacker" and then, as you put it, have to 'diable' your actions. If you WERE a hacker, it would probably already be to late for that. LOL.

Some people don't half crack me up.

p.s. I'm guessing English isn't your mother tongue?
Sharpie Fetish
Yeah cant you disable his abilities to ban or anything and just leave him able to Test his skins I know you can disable actions available to an admin on VBulletin

And if anything we should be lucky we dont have Vbulletin skinning for that is REALLY fucking hard i tried and gave up And you cant get free skins for VBulletin Because its so hard people charge even for the most basic ones
cuda is your boi
QUOTE(Recruit CyanTist @ Apr 2 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1404575[/snapback]
Yeah cant you disable his abilities to ban or anything and just leave him able to Test his skins I know you can disable actions available to an admin on VBulletin

And if anything we should be lucky we dont have Vbulletin skinning for that is REALLY fucking hard i tried and gave up And you cant get free skins for VBulletin Because its so hard people charge even for the most basic ones

Hard lol.

It's the same damn thing, CSS.

Anyway, nobody will have access to the Admin CP... if you want to test skins, gogo WAMP or something like that, don't have a license? Well, I could go on about this topic, but it would go against our own rules wink.gif.

I'm not even sure if we can limit Admin accounts like that, not up to date with every IPB change for a while.
Mekstizzle
I like generic default IPB blue, I've used IPB blue since I used to lurk the forums in 2004
asthenia
QUOTE(Mekingtons @ Apr 4 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]1405622[/snapback]
I like generic default IPB blue, I've used IPB blue since I used to lurk the forums in 2004
Skinny 
I use aqua. The IPB one is alright but it's not about what we think, We need to atract new members.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Vic Vance @ Mar 31 2008, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1403761[/snapback]

funny.

Is there some sort of forum-maker program? Surely there must be by now. I could make a skin for forums, anyone could. I just don't have the patients to cut every little piece out.
The_Technician
can i change it back?
FuddMan
QUOTE(The_Technician @ May 19 2008, 09:03 AM) [snapback]1438119[/snapback]
can i change it back?

There's a skin chooser right at the bottom of the page.
aussie_b8ler
QUOTE(DuffMan @ May 19 2008, 09:24 AM) [snapback]1438135[/snapback]
QUOTE(The_Technician @ May 19 2008, 09:03 AM) [snapback]1438119[/snapback]
can i change it back?

There's a skin chooser right at the bottom of the page.

aaahhh, that's much better. thanks for that.

i am scared of change.
Austin
Give back the old skin I can't stand the black depressing crap D;

[edit] oops didnt see the skin chooser XD.png
Pez
Liking the new permanent skin! smile.gif
Nice pic at the top too tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.