Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Sig Advice
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion
Lee
Just created my first sig in Photoshop Elements for a long long time. I wanted to get something up before spending time on creating a good sig. Let me know what you think and please give me some tips of things to try for my next one. Cheers. Lee.
Indy
Improve on your cutting. You have to blend the foreground into the background better. Don't add effects just because you know how to, only if they look good. Sometimes simplicity is better. Work on your text, blending effects don't always have to be used.
Loly Pop
Another thing...make things blend...not like the tool blend, but like...come on, you got a helicopter flying into a diner while niko crouches in midair...everything looks out of place...

Now what i would've done is taking a city skyline pic of Liberty City, added the helicopter to the right...and instead of niko crouching, show an Art picture of Niko like the one of him holding a gun or something BUT, don't try to squeeze him in (his whole body) from the top of the sig to the bottom...instead, just show his face and upper torso

EDIT: and like Van said: simpilicity is better...you have a border that it out of place and looks like it goes to a game like Gears of War or Halo....my sig just has a black border, but it matches and I think it looks good...and of course: it's simple.
Lee
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ Mar 28 2008, 06:21 PM) [snapback]1402417[/snapback]
Another thing...make things blend...not like the tool blend, but like...come on, you got a helicopter flying into a diner while niko crouches in midair...everything looks out of place...

Now what i would've done is taking a city skyline pic of Liberty City, added the helicopter to the right...and instead of niko crouching, show an Art picture of Niko like the one of him holding a gun or something BUT, don't try to squeeze him in (his whole body) from the top of the sig to the bottom...instead, just show his face and upper torso

EDIT: and like Van said: simpilicity is better...you have a border that it out of place and looks like it goes to a game like Gears of War or Halo....my sig just has a black border, but it matches and I think it looks good...and of course: it's simple.

Cheers for the comments people, much appreciated. I didn't really start out with any ideas in mind which is kinda why it ended up like it did. I thought I'd have a go at a few different things in Elements when they don't really go together all that well. I had a go at a border which turned out pretty bad. then there was the background with a gradient over it, I kinda like the way that turned out with the red coloring to the left and the blue to the right. Next I thought I'd experiment with cutting stuff out, the cutting itself wasn't too bad but it doesn't blend with the image very well and I agree the choice of things to cut out wasnt really appropriate. It's a long time since I've done something like that and your comments will certainly help me think properly about the next sig I do, which I hope will be some time over the weekend. Thanks again.
Sharpie Fetish
The only problem i can see is the cutting theres a glow around it might be effect or it might be bad cutting either way for it to look good that needs to not be there
Lee
Does this look like anything of an improvement to you guys?

All I've done is changed the border and blended the layers. Looks much better to me. Obviously the comments about what pictures have been put together still stand but I think the bad images have now been put together better than they were before.
jdid112
I just made a new sig. Very simple. Sometimes simple is good.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.