Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game freezes when paused[RESOLVED]
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas > GTA: San Andreas PC
Jesant13
I use Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. Sometimes when I pause the game and try to resume it the game freezes and I have to use the ctrl+alt+del command to close it. It becomes very frustrating. Personally, I believe it is a compatability issue with Vista, since the back of the packaging says it supports the Windows 2000 and Windows ME operating systems, but not Vista, although that could be since the game was released before Vista came out.

If anyone knows for a way to fix this (like a patch) could you please help? Thanks.
§ynch
QUOTE(Jesant13 @ Mar 1 2008, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1397123[/snapback]
I use Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. Sometimes when I pause the game and try to resume it the game freezes and I have to use the ctrl+alt+del command to close it. It becomes very frustrating. Personally, I believe it is a compatability issue with Vista, since the back of the packaging says it supports the Windows 2000 and Windows ME operating systems, but not Vista, although that could be since the game was released before Vista came out.

If anyone knows for a way to fix this (like a patch) could you please help? Thanks.

WOW look at all the hits on here for SA running on Vista problems: Google

There are some common problems, other ones the same old PC issues.
Check the links to sites and forums where they may be discussing your issue.

The game runs fine for me on XP.
I didn't even know the game was qualified to run on Satan Vista
Jesseeast
It work`s for me fine... I`m using a Vista home premium to.
Jesant13
QUOTE(Jesant13 @ Mar 1 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1397123[/snapback]

Thanks for the link. I found something that talks about the same problem: http://www.pullmonkey.com/2007/4/30/how-i-...crappy-os-vista
Jesant13
QUOTE(Jesant13 @ Mar 2 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]1397281[/snapback]
QUOTE(Jesant13 @ Mar 1 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1397123[/snapback]

Thanks for the link. I found something that talks about the same problem: http://www.pullmonkey.com/2007/4/30/how-i-...crappy-os-vista

I fixed the problem thanks to the instructions provided at the link above. I thanked the person who provided the instructions. Jesseeast, thanks for typing in what you did in Google. I might never have found that. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.