Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting Andreas again
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
GTA ShutDown
I have to start again due to a corupted save
But is it really worth it with GTA 4 ?
Bitch Heartless
Just do it if you want, I feel like starting VC again so I'm going too.
Weasel
Eight Save slots?
and you have to restart from beginning?
How bad was the corruption?
Is your HD damaged?

the nice thing about GTA:SA is: if you're a mind to it's always worth redoing. Even if it's just to try a different way/weapon/vehicle to get a mission done.

Three plays on my PS2
Five replays on my PC. and guess what! NOT ONE 100% yet.
TwoFacedTanner
What you should do, is play through all the games in Chronological order.

Vice City Stories
Vice City
San Andreas
Liberty City Stories
GTA III
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(Weasel @ Feb 18 2008, 04:32 PM) [snapback]1394464[/snapback]
Eight Save slots?
and you have to restart from beginning?
How bad was the corruption?
Is your HD damaged?

the nice thing about GTA:SA is: if you're a mind to it's always worth redoing. Even if it's just to try a different way/weapon/vehicle to get a mission done.

Three plays on my PS2
Five replays on my PC. and guess what! NOT ONE 100% yet.

SO bad that i couldnt start any missions
Weasel
QUOTE(Claude Speed @ Feb 18 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1394520[/snapback]
SO bad that i couldnt start any missions

Any warnings for other users to avoid such a catastrophy?
Have an Idea as to what caused the Problem?
Bitch Heartless
Don't save with cheats.
Caliph
Ive been saving with cheats for a very long time, nothing this sort ever happened to me unless the cheat code was irreversible or permanent.^^^

Nonetheless I dont think its worth it; it may have been worth LOADING the last-saved point of the game and just shoot around for the fun of things but since your HD is corrupted I think its only wise waiting for IV to come out.
Mister Triangle
Usually, a power failure during saving is the culprit for corrupted data. The power glitched one time when I was saving & later I tried to load it and it said that the data was corrupted and it wouldn't even let me delete it from the PS2 memory card. I started San An. again a couple weeks ago & there's a lot of missions that I forgot about but after playing next gen games it kinda looks like shit, however, I get interested in the missions & still enjoy doing them again. I was burned out on that game & ready for the next gen GTA 2 or 3 years ago. 2 months may as well be 2 years 'cause it seems to be dragging by.
GTA ShutDown
i have started again since i was bored so wish me luck
Flea
yeah you might aswell play through it again if you can be bothered, i was gunna buy GTA 3, Vice City and Sanandreas again for the PS3, but the 40gb doesnt play ps2 games, so i might just buy Vice City for the P.C and try and complete it 100% before GTA 4 comes out, Vice City is the only one i havnt got 100% for yet.
6 shooter
I guess I'm gonna have one more go (4th one) with GTA SA around April/May, when most of you will be playing GTA IV on your consoles. I'll be waiting for the PC release like I did with GTA SA, so this might be an interesting time killer in wait for PC release of GTA IV smile.gif
Th0r
Well I had the same problem. I owned a copy of san Andreas since it came out and last year the disc broke. I got the dreaded Platinum version and that cant load up my saves. On my old saves I had completed San Andreas about three times. After two months I completed it again. Make the most out of san Andreas before GTA IV comes out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.