Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: game wont start
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas > GTA: San Andreas PC
shadydarkside
hi all im new to this site but not new to gta .... i decided it was time to install gta sa on my pc again for some old school killing but the game wont start i click the icon the screen goes black then goes back to my desktop ??????? my pc is more then enought to run the game and i read somewhere on the web about deletein files in my user folder but there emtey ? i hope someone can help me out

ps its a proper copy and not a download and iv tryed reinstalling notworthy.gif
Zoomzoom
QUOTE(shadydarkside @ Feb 17 2008, 05:51 AM) [snapback]1394250[/snapback]
hi all im new to this site but not new to gta .... i decided it was time to install gta sa on my pc again for some old school killing but the game wont start i click the icon the screen goes black then goes back to my desktop ??????? my pc is more then enought to run the game and i read somewhere on the web about deletein files in my user folder but there emtey ? i hope someone can help me out

Delete the gta_sa.set file that's located in \My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files. A new gta_sa.set file will automatically be generated when you start the game.

After that, you may want to reconfigure your game settings to the way they were before, but you don't have to. The Game Settings can be changed after you've successfully launched the game.

The gta_sa.set file contains your settings, and whenever something is changed on your computer, you usually have to delete that file in order for San Andreas to function again.
The gta_sa.set file also contains settings that you cannot alter; those settings are based on your computers previous settings, so if any changes have been made to your PC, then sometimes the game won't start, just like the situation you described.
shadydarkside
my gta user folders are emety ? i aint got a gta_sa.set file
shadydarkside
bump .......it still aint workin and i need to play lol hhheeellllpppppp
Weasel
QUOTE(shadydarkside @ Feb 18 2008, 12:41 PM) [snapback]1394478[/snapback]
bump .......it still aint workin and i need to play lol hhheeellllpppppp

Have any of your drivers updated?
On my previous computer, it updated (automaticly) its Video drivers and the game never played properly after that. I couldn't go back to a privous system save.

by-the-way: You can Use edit to change/add data to previous post that haven't had responses.
EddieRP7
QUOTE(shadydarkside @ Feb 17 2008, 04:51 AM) [snapback]1394250[/snapback]

If the game you installed is the same one you use to have installed on the same computer and the hardware is the same as it was before when the game was working
then it is a mystery to me. Something must have changed.

My game wouldn't start when I first installed it. It would run up till time to display the menu and then go back to the desktop. I went to Windows
update and there was an update for my exact video card (Nvidea GeForce 7300LE) and after updating my video driver the game works great.

I don't know if that has anything to do with your problem but you never know. My GTA: SA Version 2 for PC was right out of the box, brand new and
had not ever been installed and working before like you say yours was.

Good luck solving your problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.