Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: American Goverment
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Makavel1
The american goverment are the biggest arms dealer in the world.

Who are they to say whats right and wrong?

How can they lock a drug dealer up for selling crack, when theres as bad, legalising alochol/cigarettes
Point is, Although they should be legal, the goverment know its bad for you, yet they keep them legal because they know they'll make lots of money by taxing it. They care more about making the money, than the effects, just like the drug dealer.
My point is, The goverment shouldent be in control. There worse than everyone else.

Most crack dealers, deal to feed there family, because the goverment isent helping enough.
Its not right to sell crack, but you cant blame them and send them to jail, there doing it to survive.

Disucss
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
There is a lot to complain about, considering the American government, but advocating complete anarchy isn't going to get you anywhere.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Makavel1 @ Feb 10 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1393004[/snapback]

Whats wrong with that? I mean, most of their sales go to UN nations, and a vast majority of their "arms deals" are internationally recognized as legal..

They do happy.gif. They created the UN, they pay for the UN, and then theres the fact that the United States is currently the most powerful nation in the world.

How can they lock a drug dealer up for selling crack, when theres as bad, legalising alochol/cigarettes

The United States isn't as bad as a drug dealing selling crack. Its a false analogy. Secondly, Alcohol/cigarettes are not as bad a crack. I mean, you can't die after one drag of a cigarette or one beer, you can however die after one hit of crack.

Point is, Although they should be legal, the goverment know its bad for you, yet they keep them legal because they know they'll make lots of money by taxing it.
stop using pronouns. It gets confusing. What is "they"?

They care more about making the money, than the effects, just like the drug dealer.

If thats the case then why isn't Marijuana legal :-/ I'm pretty sure that increasing tax's aren't politians sole motivations.

My point is, The goverment shouldent be in control. There worse than everyone else.
Worse than crack dealers. Don't think so.

Rip off a crack dealer, you get your ass shot... rip off the United States government, buy yourself MOAR cake.

Most crack dealers, deal to feed there family, because the goverment isent helping enough.

1. Don't fuck so much.
2. Get a real job. There are plenty of jobs for people who want them... Dancing liberties @ the tax places for example.

Its not right to sell crack, but you cant blame them and send them to jail, there doing it to survive.
Ahh.. poor crack dealer.

Idiot.

Disucss
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 10 2008, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1393015[/snapback]

They do happy.gif. They created the UN, they pay for the UN, and then theres the fact that the United States is currently the most powerful nation in the world.
What kind of logic is that? I am stronger, so I can act however I want? I can beat my girlfriend, if I'm in control sufficiently to keep her quiet, by the same logic.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Makavel1 @ Feb 10 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1393004[/snapback]

No one.

Great statement, defining all drugs "as bad" when clearly they are different degrees of severity, some are better some are worse and I would be surprised if you could work out which order that was, (mainly cause it doesn't really make sense when you look at a world politics stand point)

Point is, Although they should be legal
What, no.

yet they keep them legal because they know they'll make lots of money by taxing it.
I'll presume you meant illegal before, the reason they do that is cause they have low elasticity of demand and they make a fuck load of money off them.
They care more about making the money, than the effects, just like the drug dealer.
Yes, but they put there money somewhere good, so they can't be compared like you are.

Seriously anyone who believes that is a fool, yes they have problems and I generally think the whole American voting system is fucked up, but they do some stuff well, if inefficiently.

There not doing it to survive that is BS, they are doing it cause they get paid 20x better than any other job they could get, they could get that job and still survive.

Rip off a crack dealer, you get your ass shot... rip off the United States government, buy yourself MOAR cake.
No your get jailed for tax evasion.

That doesn't make it right or wrong that just proves there is no one telling them.

Secondly, Alcohol/cigarettes are not as bad a crack.
Indeed that was a crap analogy but there are cases where illegal drunks are better than
Don Leone
Arms dealing was one of the biggest contributors to the American economy during the Second World War, bringing them out of the Great Depression, so I would say that yes, they are big arms dealers. Mind you, the British government has ultimately spured wars around the third world with the selling of weapons to places like Sierra Leone and Sudan.
Mattay
QUOTE(Makavel1 @ Feb 10 2008, 08:27 AM) [snapback]1393004[/snapback]

Point is, Although they should be legal, the goverment know its bad for you, yet they keep them legal because they know they'll make lots of money by taxing it. They care more about making the money, than the effects, just like the drug dealer.

Disucss

In order to feed your family and survive, you can also get a job at a supermarket as an alternative to selling crack.

Taxes keep our economy steady in some respects. If there were no taxes, how would the government make money? How could we build schools and hospitals without government money? We can't just print bills...there's a system to it.

TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 10 2008, 08:35 AM) [snapback]1393020[/snapback]

No your get jailed for tax evasion.

Just ask him.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Mattay @ Feb 10 2008, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1393061[/snapback]

Disucss

In order to feed your family and survive, you can also get a job at a supermarket as an alternative to selling crack.

Taxes keep our economy steady in some respects. If there were no taxes, how would the government make money? How could we build schools and hospitals without government money? We can't just print bills...there's a system to it.

It would still work, you just privatise everything, therefore the poor get fucked and the rich win, it would work fine, but a lot of talent would get lost due to parents not being able to send their kids to schools as well as being a massive skills gap and generally not doing your economy any good.
Mattay
Ha, that'd be something. At least we'd have no national debts.

But the entire country would plummet. Since we'd no longer be able to import anything.
1UP
Most the time seems like some of you complaining cause you cant get hard drugs =\ . If anything they should put restrictions on the other stuff they haven't. It's bad for you an first post complaining that they don't got restrictions on alcohol/cigarettes, yet thinks no one should control it only shows why people like you shouldent be saying how it should be. Just because you like it don't mean it should all be legal. Just how many crack dealers have any brains at all, apparently they were not smart enough to get a job. Its just defending someone taking advantage of peoples addiction in the first place.
Makavel1
[/quote]
[/quote]

I dont think you realise what its like in the ghetto. Places like Compton, there is no jobs. I'm talking about american poverty here. You need to realise, THERES POVERTY in America.

People in compton deal crack to feed them and there familys. Its wrong but its not there fault, if they had the money they wouldent have to. AND THEY CANT GET THE MONEY ANOTHER WAY BECAUSE THEY CANT GET A JOB.

Tupac died to get this point across, remence a lil bit
1UP
Sounds like the dumbest thing ive read on here ^
Compton isn't like it is just cause of poverty. In short just ask yourself why no one goes there, they make it worse for them selfs. =\
psychÝ
QUOTE(Makavel1 @ Feb 11 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]1393175[/snapback]

I dont think you realise what its like in the ghetto. Places like Compton, there is no jobs.

Move then, there are plenty of places with jobs that are cheaper than living in the middle of a city, or get some qualifications from going to school instead of fucking around like an idiot.
Screw Loose
They can't move. Their options are to have a home in the projects, or be homeless in some other fucked up part of a city. Besides, what is the likelyhood of employers hiring somebody from the projects even if they DID manage to get out of the projects.

Who would you hire if you were an employer? A normal suburban kid, or somebody you KNOW was from an "unsavory" neighborhood? Who the fuck do you think is the obvious choice?

They are STUCK, S-T-U-C-K in there, and theres usually not a fuckin thing they can do about it.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Screw Loose @ Feb 12 2008, 05:40 AM) [snapback]1393318[/snapback]
They can't move. Their options are to have a home in the projects, or be homeless in some other fucked up part of a city. Besides, what is the likelyhood of employers hiring somebody from the projects even if they DID manage to get out of the projects.

Who would you hire if you were an employer? A normal suburban kid, or somebody you KNOW was from an "unsavory" neighborhood? Who the fuck do you think is the obvious choice?

They are STUCK, S-T-U-C-K in there, and theres usually not a fuckin thing they can do about it.

They can quite easily move to areas out of the city with cheaper housing a jobs but choose not too.

You are trying to say they can afford a house in the city where there are no jobs, yet can't afford one which will be cheaper out of the city where there are jobs. If there were no jobs they wouldn't be able to afford the house in the first place and would be homeless yet you are saying if they move somewhere else where they can get one they won't be able to afford one.

If they have to bothered to educate themselves, which while I will agree is harder it is still possible, as you can learn the stuff on your own and if you can't afford the text books, you can get something similar from the library which will be free and if you can't afford to get the bus there you can always cycle, they choose not to.

If you have relevant qualifications and no criminal record, you can quite easily get a job, maybe it won't pay that well but that is beside the point as you still can.
QUOTE(Screw Loose @ Feb 12 2008, 05:40 AM) [snapback]1393318[/snapback]

I agree, the best way to remence (lol) this is to make crack dealing legal.

Wait a second, then the dealers wouldn't make any money, because it would be a reasonable price.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 10 2008, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1393018[/snapback]

What kind of logic is that? I am stronger, so I can act however I want? I can beat my girlfriend, if I'm in control sufficiently to keep her quiet, by the same logic.

It's more of a parent telling a child "Do what i tell you or you'll be grounded and i'll take your allowance away" actually..
Hardcore Ottoman
Manipulation. You supporting our government's manipulation is sickening Q.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Makavel1 @ Feb 12 2008, 05:35 AM) [snapback]1393175[/snapback]

I dont think you realise what its like in the ghetto. Places like Compton, there is no jobs. I'm talking about american poverty here. You need to realise, THERES POVERTY in America.

Of coarse there are jobs, kids just start dealing crack at an early age because their mothers can't give them food because... they're hooked on crack. Crack is a huge problem it's causing more poverty then it lifts people out of. If we put crack dealers back on the street the area will stay the same because on top of coming from a poor background and living in a dogey area, mothers are hooked on crack and can't feed they're children. Alcohol can't do that nor can smokes. Also, how hard is it to continue living in compton, but have a job in another part of town?

QUOTE(Makavel1 @ Feb 12 2008, 05:35 AM) [snapback]1393175[/snapback]
People in compton deal crack to feed them and there familys. Its wrong but its not there fault, if they had the money they wouldent have to. AND THEY CANT GET THE MONEY ANOTHER WAY BECAUSE THEY CANT GET A JOB.

You mean, if their parents weren't crack adicts they wouldn't be crack dealers? Crack seems to be the answer to everything...
Mister Triangle
Disucss

Most crackheads deal because 1: That's the only way that they can afford their nasty little habit. and 2: They deal because they are simply too dumb & lazy to work and they can't pass their drug test because, well, they're a crackhead! Blaming society for being a drug dealer(or junky) is not only narcisistic but moronic as well and the only people that argue with that point of view are junkies themselves.(not trying to offend you)

Crack is one of the most addictive & devastating drugs that there is. Any drug that is addictive & destructive and that makes people murder, rob, R*PE, etc., etc., needs to be outlawed for those very reasons. I don't think that there's too many people out there that steal a TV(with remote) and a vcr just so they can sell it to get them some cigarettes or alcohol. Bottom line: Crack turns people into desperate, violent, criminal thugs.

If anything there needs to be tougher laws on crack cocaine & heroin. Hard labor camps would cut the drug problem in half, right off the bat. What do criminals hate worse than anything? HARD LABOR. After beating hard granite rocks with a 30 pound sledge for 12 hours a day 7 days a week, I seriously doubt that they would wanna come back. Hell, now they look forward to going in & seeing their friends & family. They get to lay around & play video games, watch tv, have access to a modern gym, 3 hots & a cot, etc,. I can't figure out why all prisons are not hard labor camps. Better be glad I ain't runnin' the show. Although the American government have their problems, it's still the best & most civilised in the world. No one even comes close although Canadians would try & argue that point, which is laughable at best.

WTF!? I just typed the word R@pe in my last post & it automatically changed the word to surprise sex! What the hells goin' on here? Surprise sex is way too nice a term for something as foul and traumatic as r@pe. Jesus H. Christ! What the F's wrong with people? Is surprise sex not that bad or something? DOH! Goddamn it! It done it again! Nowadays we have to give it a sugar coating? Fukkin liberals I swear.
Skinny†
QUOTE(Mister Triangle @ Mar 8 2008, 05:36 AM) [snapback]1397857[/snapback]
it's still the best & most civilised in the world. No one even comes close although Canadians would try & argue that point, which is laughable at best.

You're such an idiot.

QUOTE(Mister Triangle @ Mar 8 2008, 05:36 AM) [snapback]1397857[/snapback]
Hard labor camps would cut the drug problem in half, right off the bat. What do criminals hate worse than anything? HARD LABOR. After beating hard granite rocks with a 30 pound sledge for 12 hours a day 7 days a week, I seriously doubt that they would wanna come back.

Are you aware that not that many crack dealers are addicts themselves? Some addicts were once normal people who were faced with a problem and turned to drugs, those are the people who go to rehab wich is difrent to jail. Crack dealers don't enjoy the modern gyms or TVs you described, they do they're rehab in a state prison. Turning rehab into a hard labour camp would be pointless since the idea is to rid them of they're adiction and not to punish them.
Severus Snape
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Mar 11 2008, 01:14 AM) [snapback]1398448[/snapback]
Are you aware that not that many crack dealers are addicts themselves? Some addicts were once normal people who were faced with a problem and turned to drugs, those are the people who go to rehab wich is difrent to jail. Crack dealers don't enjoy the modern gyms or TVs you described, they do they're rehab in a state prison. Turning rehab into a hard labour camp would be pointless since the idea is to rid them of they're adiction and not to punish them.

You must be a moron. Jail shouldn't be a place where crack dealers can just sit back, relax, get in some drug rehab, and then get back on the streets. The point of jail (notice the highlighted section above) is to punish criminals, with the potential for possible rehabilitation. If it wasn't punishment, everybody would be there.

I am tired of people like you complaining about how hard people in jail have it. They are in jail for a reason - they broke the law. And seeing as they broke the law, they should have to pay the consequences. Personally, I think every jail in the country should be turned into hard labor camps. Bring back chain gangs. Make them work their asses off from sun-up to sun-down every day of the week with no days off. Wanna bitch about having to do it? Don't break the law. You don't wanna come back after you get out? Don't break the law. Eventually, most people (not all - not everyone breaks the law, and not everyone who breaks the law can be rehabilitated) will say "You know what? I don't like busting ass all day every day and not getting paid for it. Screw going back there!"

Do you think they have it too hard in jail? Too bad. I don't think they have it hard enough. Proof? Watch "Locked Up" on MSNBC. If they have it so bad, then why is it that all they do in prison is stand around in the yard trying to kill each other?
Skinny†
QUOTE(Arch Angel @ Mar 11 2008, 11:15 PM) [snapback]1398472[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Mar 11 2008, 01:14 AM) [snapback]1398448[/snapback]

You must be a moron. Jail shouldn't be a place where crack dealers can just sit back, relax, get in some drug rehab, and then get back on the streets. The point of jail (notice the highlighted section above) is to punish criminals, with the potential for possible rehabilitation. If it wasn't punishment, everybody would be there.

I sighed to the stupidity of that post for about 3-4 minutes. I wasn't talking about jail, I was talking about rehab and it would be an honest mistake to get them confused if I hadn't specified the diffrence earlier in my post. I will say it another time if you still don't understand, this time in big letters like the ones in the song books you must see at school.

Crack dealers = state prison were they are rehabilitated from a drug prolem should they have one.

Addicts = the rehab described a few post back the one I believe shouldn't be turned into a labour camp because that would be 'kicking shit'.

Do you think they have it too hard in jail?

No. Don't they teach you to read after fourth grade?
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 17 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]1394375[/snapback]

I wish they'd use it more.. they always only ever make a half-ass attempt at doing it.. and thats why we fuck up like this...

For example, if we had of went to Iraq with 500k troops and kept them there we'd be done it about a year.. but instead we decided to half ass it and only send in about 85k... and look where we are at now.. its the same thing in foreign Politics.. We are strong, and we should yield our power instead of merely acting like a nuissance to the world.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 12 2008, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1398799[/snapback]
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 17 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]1394375[/snapback]

I wish they'd use it more.. they always only ever make a half-ass attempt at doing it.. and thats why we fuck up like this...

For example, if we had of went to Iraq with 500k troops and kept them there we'd be done it about a year.. but instead we decided to half ass it and only send in about 85k... and look where we are at now.. its the same thing in foreign Politics.. We are strong, and we should yield our power instead of merely acting like a nuissance to the world.

I can't talk to you right now... I just can't.

~QD Then why bother?

Because you do not seem to care that power struggle is all about chance... and that one day America will fall hard and our reputation will be stained by the people that run this country and think just like you. Pardon be being nonplused for the moment.
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 16 2008, 05:45 PM) [snapback]1394109[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 10 2008, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1393018[/snapback]

It's more of a parent telling a child "Do what i tell you or you'll be grounded and i'll take your allowance away" actually..
My bad, your metaphor is entirely more appropriate for no reason.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(punxtr @ Mar 12 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1398840[/snapback]
Because you do not seem to care that power struggle is all about chance... and that one day America will fall hard and our reputation will be stained by the people that run this country and think just like you. Pardon be being nonplused for the moment.

Is nonplused your word for the week? Dot-Dot-Dot

Powerstruggle isn't mere chance...

America will fall because we didn't go all in when we should have, not because we bowed down to the worlds will.

Btw.. what is America's reputation.. America has a reputation for "getting involved" in other peoples business... Iraq, ect, is no different..
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2008, 07:15 PM) [snapback]1399048[/snapback]
QUOTE(punxtr @ Mar 12 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1398840[/snapback]

Is nonplused your word for the week? Dot-Dot-Dot

Powerstruggle isn't mere chance...

America will fall because we didn't go all in when we should have, not because we bowed down to the worlds will.

Btw.. what is America's reputation.. America has a reputation for "getting involved" in other peoples business... Iraq, ect, is no different..

No, nonplused seems to be the succinct word to use; any other would take too long. Pardon my determination to improve my writing Dot-Dot-Dot

Powerstruggle is chance; you fight and control and manipulate to stay on top because the cards were dealt good the first time, but later someone else will overpower you with just a slightly better hand. The fall of nations are seen by their insistance to be assholes and hug onto their "dominance."

So I naturally disagree we'll fall because we didn't give it our all. We don't need to in our current situation. America does know how to defend itself well, but I've noticed it has a hard time offending others affectively; more currently.

And maybe I am naive Dot-Dot-Dot because I used to hold an idea of America as a less aggressive and haughty nation. Yeah, I probably am. It does not mean it never was and never will be though. And you reacting to pessimism and liberalism by simply concluding aggression is the answer is a basic way of thinking that is no different from gothic kids reacting to preppy kids. Find a middle course, so to say, but don't polarize the nation with unoriginal flawed ideals.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(punxtr @ Mar 14 2008, 03:42 AM) [snapback]1399103[/snapback]
Pardon my determination to improve my writing Dot-Dot-Dot

Using fanciful words doesn't improve your writing...

Powerstruggle is chance; you fight and control and manipulate to stay on top because the cards were dealt good the first time, but later someone else will overpower you with just a slightly better hand. The fall of nations are seen by their insistance to be assholes and hug onto their "dominance."
You aren't dealt the strongest economy, strongest military, most advanced technology.. you earn it..

nation building isn't a card game.. but a game of chess. You have to make many correct moves to put yourself in a position of strength, and you also have to make many incorrect moves to put yourself into a position of weakness.

So I naturally disagree we'll fall because we didn't give it our all. We don't need to in our current situation. America does know how to defend itself well, but I've noticed it has a hard time offending others affectively; more currently.

America has generally been a offensive nation.... with the exception of world war II and Afganistan we never waited till we were attacked first....

And maybe I am naive Dot-Dot-Dot because I used to hold an idea of America as a less aggressive and haughty nation. Yeah, I probably am. It does not mean it never was and never will be though. And you reacting to pessimism and liberalism by simply concluding aggression is the answer is a basic way of thinking that is no different from gothic kids reacting to preppy kids. Find a middle course, so to say, but don't polarize the nation with unoriginal flawed ideals.

Most of the greatest powers the world has ever seen were aggressive. Greece, Rome, Egypt, the Persian Empire, ect...

Lastly... please.. stop it with "polarize the nation" cliche... I know its the newest media buzzword but that doesn't mean we have to pretend that everyone will play nice just to get along...

Democrats can't even play nice amongst themselves... who really things this election is going to be significantly different that any other in recent history. America is facing several divisive issues at onces... China, Iraq, Protectionism VS Free Trade, Credit Crisis, the collapse of Social Security...

Since neither party has yet to outline a clear goal.. we are left with a 25/25 vote with the rest of America feeling numb by election day. Sure its cool right now to be part of the whole election thing.. but peoples attentions spans are only so long and as soon as their choice isn't nominated they'll move on to something else...

The best thing in the world to happen to america is for it to become polarized... and angry at the government.. the passive bitching and moaning going on dribbling down almost every punk-rock CD needs to correlate to action.. otherwise they are just another group with crappy haircuts and a pretentious "My ideas are more important that yours" attitude.

I could go on to explain why polarization isn't a bad thing but thats another topic...
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 14 2008, 12:07 AM) [snapback]1399105[/snapback]

In your opinion. There is nothing really "fanciful" about it. Great way to show your maturity.

You aren't dealt the strongest economy, strongest military, most advanced technology.. you earn it..

nation building isn't a card game.. but a game of chess. You have to make many correct moves to put yourself in a position of strength, and you also have to make many incorrect moves to put yourself into a position of weakness.
This point is fragmented: read second after.

America has generally been a offensive nation.... with the exception of world war II and Afganistan we never waited till we were attacked first....
Read bold. I don't have an explanation for this either, I just notice it.

Most of the greatest powers the world has ever seen were aggressive. Greece, Rome, Egypt, the Persian Empire, ect...
Continuing from the fragment: they have all fucking fallen. Corruption. Power struggle. A stronger nation overtook them. Chance tinged with fate. Our economy can go to shit at any moment regardless of how aggressive we are. Our technology will be useless if it has not the use of electricity--I imagine not many including me will fare as well as we thought if this happened. This shit can happen. All I'm saying is when this happens we can't depend on the countries we wronged for help.

Lastly... please.. stop it with "polarize the nation" cliche... I know its the newest media buzzword but that doesn't mean we have to pretend that everyone will play nice just to get along...
I'm sorry. I will never use that cliche again... but how else am I going to say "defend the nation only when being physically offended and not economically offended" without shunning those that either want peace (which won't work) or people that wish to cast away integrity and kill their way to power (e.g. you).

Democrats can't even play nice amongst themselves... who really thinks this election is going to be significantly different that any other in recent history. America is facing several divisive issues at onces... China, Iraq, Protectionism VS Free Trade, Credit Crisis, the collapse of Social Security...
My only comments are that I agree, this election is superfluous as it is not the color of one's skin or the sex either that determines a good leader. Superfluous and overblown, but, I reckon, it has to happen once--as a lesson to history--and then forward people stop worrying about color and sex (I'm being naive again am I not?).

Since neither party has yet to outline a clear goal.. we are left with a 25/25 vote with the rest of America feeling numb by election day. Sure its cool right now to be part of the whole election thing.. but peoples attentions spans are only so long and as soon as their choice isn't nominated they'll move on to something else...
I agree. I sure do feel numb.

The best thing in the world to happen to america is for it to become polarized... and angry at the government.. the passive bitching and moaning going on dribbling down almost every punk-rock CD needs to correlate to action.. otherwise they are just another group with crappy haircuts and a pretentious "My ideas are more important that yours" attitude.
I agree about the punk rock but not on polarization.

I could go on to explain why polarization isn't a bad thing but thats another topic...

Please PM me about this; I'm serious.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(punxtr @ Mar 14 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]1399242[/snapback]
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 14 2008, 12:07 AM) [snapback]1399105[/snapback]

In your opinion. There is nothing really "fanciful" about it. Great way to show your maturity.

Using fanciful words doens't show your maturity either...

This point is fragmented: read second after.
Yeah.. but the assumption you made in the beggining, that nation building is like a game of cards, is wrong... QED.

Read bold. I don't have an explanation for this either, I just notice it.

I thought you were saying that America has only become an aggressive country recently... but thats not true... Now that i re-read what you wrote i'm not sure at all what your talking about "hard time offending others affectively"...

Continuing from the fragment: they have all fucking fallen. Corruption. Power struggle. A stronger nation overtook them. Chance tinged with fate. Our economy can go to shit at any moment regardless of how aggressive we are. Our technology will be useless if it has not the use of electricity--I imagine not many including me will fare as well as we thought if this happened. This shit can happen. All I'm saying is when this happens we can't depend on the countries we wronged for help.

Yeah but they fell because they stopped being aggressive... not because they continued to be.

And listen, if we loose electricity.. for some reason.. we'd still be in the best position strategically.

I'll continue later, gtg to poker night.. ttyl
Hardcore Ottoman
Lol, have fun! Don't blow it all!

But seriously, the words I use aren't fanciful; when you say they are it is bordering on immaturity. The words are not even that complex and they get the job done shorter--in my opinion that is improving speech.

As for not being effectively aggressively currently, I say that because lately we've been fighting peoples whose fighting tactics seem to be totally different from ours and we are not adapting to them in order to reduce casualties.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.