Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al Qaeda Training Children
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Mattay
Those cocksucking extremists have crossed the line once again. Recruiting children to do their dirty work. Kids as young as 8 or 10? I mean what the hell?! These are children for God's sake.

It's absolutely disgusting how these fucked up moronic idiots think they can brainwash children to kill civilians and Allied soldiers. It's a true shame to see how much this world has gone to hell.

QUOTE(CNN Article)
"Al Qaeda often refers to the children as the new generation of the mujahedeen," Smith said, using the Arabic term for holy warriors. "We've also seen evidence of al Qaeda entering schools, disseminating propaganda and no doubt terrorizing the children and their teachers."

Don't get me wrong, I respect the Islamic religion...I just hate extremists (Al-Qaeda).

It kind of rekindles the fire in my soul to go talk to my recruiter again. I'd gladly go fight to stop this shit. That's why I respect Bain and Lil Termite so freaking much.

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/02/06/...main/index.html
Skinny 
If Australia gets involved in this shit after I'm old enough to enrol, I will.

Why are they doing this? If they had any respect for their country or religion they wouldn't send it's childrent to their deaths for no good reason.
Heartless
I found this ironic:

He said it's believed the boys in the video were willing participants.

As opposed to the US, where a ten year old cannot willfully do anything.
Mekstizzle
No shit. That's why they started the War on Terror. If they didn't do fucked up shit like this, then we wouldn't call them terrorists. And we wouldn't hate them.

Dude, you're stuck in 2001. We already know what these fucks are capable of. That was discussed in 2001. Now it's time to understand them, move on from being shocked about them and try to get rid of them...
Heartless
There isn't much to understand about them, really. They are people and they want something, and that's really about it. Same as it always has been and it always will be. It sounds simple, but there is no greater meaning behind it.
Severus Snape
My $0.02 on this.

Terrorist groups (to include Al-Qaeda) have always used the methods that they know will most offend the people they are trying to terrorize. In the case of Al-Qaeda, they know that western civilizations (such as the US) condemn the use of children in warfare. It's the same thing as Vietnam. In Vietnam, the vietcong armies used children as soldiers against US forces because they knew it would cause psychological problems for the soldiers. They knew that every American soldier would ask themselves "How do I shoot someone as innocent-looking as a child?".

With Al-Qaeda, they are looking at it from the perspective of "We can use children to fight our enemies. This keeps our adult men safe, and our enemy disgusted with themselves for having to kill children.".

It's nothing new. Foreign governments, religious groups, and extremists have been doing it since.... well, since long before any of us here were born. I agree that it's terrible, and something needs to be done.
Amis
Yes that is terrible, but very old tactic. If there wouldn't be any counter forces, I'd just nuke the whole fucking middle east.
Marneyo Juano
This is old as hell yet people fail to realise AQ aren't the only ones to use this tactic, other terrorist groups use it too and make the enemy (Israel in this case) look like civilian and children killers. You may say it's stupid as much as you want, but fact is that it works and people (including most of you, as shown in a thread about israel's war in lebanon) think Israel kills peaceful civilians and children.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(Mattay @ Feb 7 2008, 02:42 AM) [snapback]1392333[/snapback]
Those cocksucking extremists have crossed the line once again. Recruiting children to do their dirty work. Kids as young as 8 or 10? I mean what the hell?! These are children for God's sake.

It's absolutely disgusting how these fucked up moronic idiots think they can brainwash children to kill civilians and Allied soldiers. It's a true shame to see how much this world has gone to hell.

QUOTE(CNN Article)
"Al Qaeda often refers to the children as the new generation of the mujahedeen," Smith said, using the Arabic term for holy warriors. "We've also seen evidence of al Qaeda entering schools, disseminating propaganda and no doubt terrorizing the children and their teachers."

Don't get me wrong, I respect the Islamic religion...I just hate extremists (Al-Qaeda).

It kind of rekindles the fire in my soul to go talk to my recruiter again. I'd gladly go fight to stop this shit. That's why I respect Bain and Lil Termite so freaking much.

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/02/06/...main/index.html
I'm sorry but that just doesn't follow. The allied forces being in Iraq is not helping to end the use of children. In fact, if there was no war, there would be no child soldiers. Let's leave the morals of what they're doing out of it, because I'm well aware what they're doing is wrong. How on Earth is fighting them more going to help anyone?
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 10 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1393017[/snapback]
I'm sorry but that just doesn't follow. The allied forces being in Iraq is not helping to end the use of children. In fact, if there was no war, there would be no child soldiers.

WRONG. If there was no war, they would use the children to attack other countries rather than defend their own as they do now when America had invaded Iraq.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Feb 12 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1393367[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 10 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1393017[/snapback]
I'm sorry but that just doesn't follow. The allied forces being in Iraq is not helping to end the use of children. In fact, if there was no war, there would be no child soldiers.

WRONG. If there was no war, they would use the children to attack other countries rather than defend their own as they do now when America had invaded Iraq.
It's a shock tactic used against Western nations, who find this kind of thing more shocking.

Or in your moar escalatory style:

WRONG NO THEY LIEK WOULDN'T.
Marneyo Juano
Funny thing is they do, they have used kids alot of time in Israel, which contrary to popular belief doesn't attack the palestinians every day with choppers and planes, but sit quietly letting palestinians do more and more bus bombings. I don't know why it's like that, but that's the situation. And the Palestinians find it easier and more efficient to manipulate little kids than adults, because little kids can get all excited with going to heaven and being surrounded by 72 virgins than an adult, for the same reason little kids believe in santa and other fairytales.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.