Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Australia Receive Uncensored GTAIV
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Pieface
Aussie version of GTA IV completely uncensored
Rockstar confirms the good news for us.
A few of our readers have been emailing in and asking whether the Australian version of Grand Theft Auto IV would be censored in any way.

Well, we decided to check with Rockstar, who provided the response that many Australians have been waiting for. A Rockstar spokesperson provided the following response to the question of whether GTA IV has been censored "No GTA has been censored since Vice City. (Grand Theft Auto) IV has been rated in its entirety, the rating is on the OFLC website"

Good news all round then, it's safe to buy the game from Australia on the 29th of April, now we're just counting the days.

Source

Looks Good for the Australian Users out there who want to play the game.

Thanks to ~Brad~ For finding the Info
Ex-PS Fanboy
as usual we can count on brad to give us good info
Jesseeast
Sorry to ask but what doe's it mean it's not going to be censored like blood/swearing or something... I'm not very new with alot of this stuff.
quebecois22
Do they mean Australia will be the only place where GTA IV will be uncensored or that it'll just be uncensored as North America and Europe, etc.?
Qdeathstar
No.. GTA games in the past have usually been altered for release in Austraillia so the games could still be rated the equivalant of MA ratings in the United States (instead of AO). This article says that there won't be any differences betwenn the Australlian and ROW versions..

I'm not really sure this is good news... I think it means that Grand Theft Auto Four is softer than previous versions.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 4 2008, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1391970[/snapback]
No.. GTA games in the past have usually been altered for release in Austraillia so the games could still be rated the equivalant of MA ratings in the United States (instead of AO). This article says that there won't be any differences betwenn the Australlian and ROW versions..

I'm not really sure this is good news... I think it means that Grand Theft Auto Four is softer than previous versions.

My feelings exactly.

But maybe they bought off the raters in Aussieland this time.
Mad Space Ghost
WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!

GTA IV for N. America is gonna be censored to an extent?

Qdeathstar
well, maybe.. I mean, Rockstar changed GTA-SanAndreas for austrailia but not for GTA4 so that would lead me to believe that GTA4 is less violent than GTA-Sanandreas..

maybe.. maybe not..
DiO
Is the article wrong or is QD a toolshed? It said that "No GTA has been censored since Vice City." Meaning SA wasnt censored in 'stralia
-spyder-
Confused mellow.gif
psychÝ
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 4 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]1391970[/snapback]

Indeed, it is bad news.
~Brad~
Even though I see what QD is saying, the news article said it would go over as raw and it's going to be for the US, UK and Euro versions..

What I wanted to know is...what does GTA with less violence look like..are they gonna censor certain clips, less blood, etc?
psychÝ
QUOTE(~Brad~ @ Feb 5 2008, 02:16 AM) [snapback]1392018[/snapback]
Even though I see what QD is saying, the news article said it would go over as raw and it's going to be for the US, UK and Euro versions..

What I wanted to know is...what does GTA with less violence look like..are they gonna censor certain clips, less blood, etc?

Or Australia has become more tolerant compare to when the other GTA's were released, people forget when GTA 1 was released it was an 18, look what is rated 18 today and then compare the two.
Darth Sexy
GTA III and VC were censored here, but the only thing it removed was the ability to use hookers, iirc. But in the Aussie version of SA you could use the hookers, and SA wasn't censored here. This should mean GTAIV won't be any "softer" than SA was.
Hardcore Ottoman
Good. Thanks for the insight.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 5 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1392023[/snapback]
Good. Thanks for the insight.

Now I sit back and hope that I'm not wrong.
~Brad~
Funny thing is ...I don't care haha...Im 19 so I still maintain the position that I will be drunk on the day of GTAIV's release...don't ask me why.
ReeM
I think the only thing you prolly wont be able to do in GTA 4 is to blow somebodies head off. I wouldn't mind not being able to do that although it would be nice to see a headless body twitching on the ground like resident evil.
DiO
QUOTE(Dee-Oh @ Feb 4 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1391979[/snapback]
Is the article wrong or is QD a toolshed? It said that "No GTA has been censored since Vice City." Meaning SA wasnt censored in 'stralia

QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Feb 4 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]1392022[/snapback]
and SA wasn't censored here.

I was wondering is anyone actually read my post. but yah, thanks for that. Its kinda funny tho, GTA SA had worse language than VC and III. I guess the aussie gov't decided to stop being nancies
Oh When
im not sure whether or not san andreas was censored in any way here (in Australia), but i remember there being reports on our current affairs shows about how it is so bad and it is pointless violence. even our prime minister said something about how bad it was when it came out. it did however get taken off the shelves for a while and only came back when the platinum edition came out. maybe they altered it in some way for its return.

all i can say is it is fukin awseome that everyone is getting the same version at the same time because we always seem to draw the short straw. we get games last and when we get them they are disney versions half the time. its good to have a change especially for the most anticipated game ever.......GTA IV. clap.gif
Banjaxed
There should be nothing to worry about.

All GTA games in Australia have rated MA15+ as that is the highest rating a game can get here. We had the exact same version of San Andreas, Vice City and GTA III America got (Although with Vice and III, we had the hooker activities removed).
Mad Space Ghost
SOLUTION:

Send rockstar a e-mail to clear up if GTA IV for the USA has been censored in anyway (violence wise and other).
Sarge
Hey guys SA was censored in Australia. In January to February 2005 3-4months after it was released it was taken from the selves and re-distributed. This was after the whole "coffee mod" that was discocvered on a string of coding left on a disk. On top of this SA was watered down for Australia compared to other nations because we do not have the equivalent rating which would be R18+

GTA4 has also been watered down for Australia with being unable to interact with Hookers as much as the American version, there are no pools of blood when you or pedestrians die and there are also no accumulative wounds. It the other versions around the globe, when you take damage you aquire cuts and bruises as well as bleed. This has been taken out for Australia. On top of that SA was a much better game with parachutes, base jumping and planes. I believe Liberty City is based on New York City and so planes have been taken out after the attacks in 2001. GTA4 has good graphics and a good story line, but it would be better if Australia could have the uncensored version and if Rockstar hadn't taken out planes basejumping etc. They should combine the graphics, storyline and funstuff to give the people a good game that has replay value (for the killing, racing, flying etc.)

Hey guys SA was censored in Australia. In January to February 2005 3-4months after it was released it was taken from the selves and re-distributed. This was after the whole "coffee mod" that was discocvered on a string of coding left on a disk. On top of this SA was watered down for Australia compared to other nations because we do not have the equivalent rating which would be R18+

GTA4 has also been watered down for Australia with being unable to interact with Hookers as much as the American version, there are no pools of blood when you or pedestrians die and there are also no accumulative wounds. It the other versions around the globe, when you take damage you aquire cuts and bruises as well as bleed. This has been taken out for Australia. On top of that SA was a much better game with parachutes, base jumping and planes. I believe Liberty City is based on New York City and so planes have been taken out after the attacks in 2001. GTA4 has good graphics and a good story line, but it would be better if Australia could have the uncensored version and if Rockstar hadn't taken out planes basejumping etc. They should combine the graphics, storyline and funstuff to give the people a good game that has replay value (for the killing, racing, flying etc.)
PabloHoneyOle
It's always fun to see old posts full of "fact" that turn out to be all lies down the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.