Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trains
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas > GTA: San Andreas PC
EddieRP7
I have been to Unity Station in Los Santos and the Station in Las Venturas trying to
find a way to get a ticket and travel by train (like you can do by commercial airline.)
No luck so far. Is it possible to get from one town to another by commercial rail
transportation?
Sharpie Fetish
Nope the only way you can ride em is to jack em.
EddieRP7
QUOTE(Recruit CyanTist @ Feb 2 2008, 03:02 PM) [snapback]1391704[/snapback]

Thank you Recruit CyanTist. This brings up another question. How do you jack a train? I have
hit the "F" key while I am along side a train and nothing happens.
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(Recruit CyanTist @ Feb 2 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1391704[/snapback]

Wrong you can ride em in a small door in the train

EddieRP7
QUOTE(Claude Speed @ Feb 3 2008, 05:21 AM) [snapback]1391800[/snapback]

Hi Claude Speed. I have seen the small doors that open to the platform and people exit
from them. I have tried to get in the doors but have been unable to do so. Is there
something I am not doing that I should be doing? Should I hit the "F" key at the exact
moment that the door opens?

I am exploring Bone County and Tierra Robada at the moment. Verdant Meadows is quite
a useful place it seems. I have used the Jet Pack to get back to Fort Carson which is my
base of operations currently. I will look for the nearest train station and give it another try.
I hit "F" as a train was passing Fort Carson and CJ started running after the train but it got
away from him. I will try that again also.
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(EddieRP7 @ Feb 3 2008, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1391805[/snapback]

Hi Claude Speed. I have seen the small doors that open to the platform and people exit
from them. I have tried to get in the doors but have been unable to do so. Is there
something I am not doing that I should be doing? Should I hit the "F" key at the exact

I am exploring Bone County and Tierra Robada at the moment. Verdant Meadows is quite
a useful place it seems. I have used the Jet Pack to get back to Fort Carson which is my
base of operations currently. I will look for the nearest train station and give it another try.
I hit "F" as a train was passing Fort Carson and CJ started running after the train but it got

Hi well i think its patched on PC cause u can press Triangle and walk right in with PS2 Version

But i think that was an accident because the player views show the inside of the train and its empty so i think they patched it up
EddieRP7
QUOTE(Claude Speed @ Feb 3 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]1391806[/snapback]

Hi well i think its patched on PC cause u can press Triangle and walk right in with PS2 Version

But i think that was an accident because the player views show the inside of the train and its empty so i think they patched it up

Hello again. I made some progress. I jacked a train at the Las Venturas station by hitting "F" as I faced the locomotive door.
I drove the train to San Fiero where I got off and then jacked a freight train going back in the direction of Las Venturas. When
I got to Fort Carson I stopped the freight train and got off, just leaving the train sitting still on the track. I waited a while to
see if there would be a train wreck when the next fast moving train came down the track. I finally gave up waiting and started
walking back into Fort Carson. I saw a train then barreling down the same track and I ran back where I had left the freight train
but it had disappeared. So the bottom line is jacking trains is a good means of safe transportation in San Andreas. The only
driving controls are forward & reverse (stop) and camera angles to watch the train from above and behind etc. There seems
to be no danger of collisions while driving the train. I will be playing more with trains later.

I guess my second edition pc version using keyboard & mouse is different than the PS2 version. Thanks for your help thumbup.gif
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(EddieRP7 @ Feb 3 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]1391811[/snapback]
QUOTE(Claude Speed @ Feb 3 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]1391806[/snapback]

Hello again. I made some progress. I jacked a train at the Las Venturas station by hitting "F" as I faced the locomotive door.
I drove the train to San Fiero where I got off and then jacked a freight train going back in the direction of Las Venturas. When
I got to Fort Carson I stopped the freight train and got off, just leaving the train sitting still on the track. I waited a while to
see if there would be a train wreck when the next fast moving train came down the track. I finally gave up waiting and started
walking back into Fort Carson. I saw a train then barreling down the same track and I ran back where I had left the freight train
but it had disappeared. So the bottom line is jacking trains is a good means of safe transportation in San Andreas. The only
driving controls are forward & reverse (stop) and camera angles to watch the train from above and behind etc. There seems
to be no danger of collisions while driving the train. I will be playing more with trains later.

I guess my second edition pc version using keyboard & mouse is different than the PS2 version. Thanks for your help thumbup.gif

No problem wink.gif
EddieRP7
GTA: San Andreas 2nd Edition PC with Mouse & Keyboard.

One last post about trains. First, I was wrong about the small doors in the passenger cars. If you
face the door and press "F" it does open and you enter. You are then given the choice of hitting the
"W" key to jump directly to the next station. If you do not you will view the same exterior views that
you see after jacking the train. If you want to get to a location quickly then the passenger method is
best. If you want control of the train so that you can stop between stations and get off near a place
you want to go to then the jacking method is best. Oh, and also going too fast in a jacked train can
cause a derailment.
6 shooter
QUOTE(EddieRP7 @ Feb 5 2008, 01:10 AM) [snapback]1392004[/snapback]
Oh, and also going too fast in a jacked train can
cause a derailment.

...which is one of best things to do in GTA SA biggrin.gif

And yes, you can ride as a passenger or jack the train like any other vehicle in the game.
chuby420
QUOTE(EddieRP7 @ Feb 2 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]1391700[/snapback]
I have been to Unity Station in Los Santos and the Station in Las Venturas trying to
find a way to get a ticket and travel by train (like you can do by commercial airline.)
No luck so far. Is it possible to get from one town to another by commercial rail
transportation?

u r a fine gentleman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.