Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Hip-Hop/Gangsta rap/and Hip-Pop (IF U MUST) Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2
Mad Space Ghost
So to start of the topic, who are some of your favorite artist?

Hip-Hop

KRS-1 (Classic, father of hip hop)
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Zack de la Rocha
Nas

Gangsta Rap

Tupac
Biggie
Ice Cube
Spice 1 (Classic)
GangStarr

Marneyo Juano
Nas
Eminem
Nelly
Ying Yang twinz (not really favorite but I got a couple songs)
Ice Cube
Lil Jon (YEEEAH! got some nice songs, WHAT!!)
Mobb Deep (I relate alot to Shook Ones)
Jay Z
Royce Da 5'9
Busta Rhymes
Kanye West

some more but i can't remember right now...
gingergenius
My toppest quality, ie. 5* USA/ Canada individuals (not just the ones I like):

Big L
Immortal Technique
Big Pun
Notorious BIG
2Pac
NaS
Royce Da 5'9
Jay-Z (early)
Common
Lupe Fiasco
DMX especially Damien tracks
Mos Def
Papoose
Talib Kweli
MF Doom/ King Geedorah etc.
Slick Rick
Ice Cube
Eminem (Infinite, Slim Shady, Marshall Mathers especially, not so much the later ones)
K'Naan
RA The Rugged Man (not really he's just fuckin sick)

USA/ Canada groups/ duos:

OutKast
dead prez
Gang Starr
Public Enemy
CunninLynguists
Little Brother
Dilated Peoples
Mobb Deep
Slum Village

UK hiphop individuals:

Jehst
Kyza
Klashnekoff
Roots Manuva
Akala
Skinnyman
Braintax
Cappo
Tommy Evans
Sway

UK hiphop groups:

Foreign Beggars
The Streets
Mitchell Brothers
Terra Firma
Logic & Lowkey

Grime MCs

Dizzee Rascal
Ghetto
Mercston
Shystie
Wiley
Wretch 32
Dirty Goodz
Kano
Skepta
JME
Bruza

Grime Crews:

Roll Deep
Vics & Trixx
Newham Generals

French MCs

MC Solaar
Monsieur R
Ruger
Lil' Wayne- Lyrical/Gangsta/Bling Bling Type Rapper
Soulja Slim- Demonic Gangsta Rap (I say demonic because he talks about scarface type shit and he actually did what he rapped about, like super gangsta rap)
Raw Dizzy- Lyrical
Mac- Lyrical
Blaxuede- Lyrical
Sqad Up- Lyrical/Gangsta
UTP- Lyrical/Bling Bling
Chopper City Boyz- Gangsta

I don't really listen to those straight lyrical songs or political songs because they get real boring real fast, even though I know I should listen to it... I just can't it's like watching a mildly entertaining classroom video.

Also if you want to know what I mean by demonic gangsta then here
U Hear Dat- http://youtube.com/watch?v=yZH4kkWjcY8
R.I.P. Soulja Slim- http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g5wfEuCQtE

and just incase you were wondering, that is him on slow motion with him and juvenile... and he did get killed in 2004, that's what happens when you talk about what you do in real life, you piss off the wrong person.

The Cool
Jay-Z
Lupe Fiasco
Nas
Kanye West
Big L
Emenim
Twista (early)
Busta Rhymes (early)&(The Big Bang)
Camp Lo
A Tribe Called Quest
2pac
Biggie Smalls
Ice Cube
Heartless
Azad, Aesop Rock, Pharoah Monch, Del-Tron, Beastie Boys, Jedi Mind Tricks, a Tribe Called Quest
Mad Space Ghost
Heiroglyphics album is reallly goood
Skinny 
I ain't a huge fan of gangster rap. The only artists I really like from this type of hip hop would be Notorious BIG and 50Cent when he was younger before he strated making pop songs like 'In Da Club'.

Most people (even me) don't believe that 50 actualy used to be pretty awsome on his Power of the Dollar album:
[youtube]bFvPSx7D4pI[/youtube]

My favourite artist would have to be:
Jurassic 5
Jedi Mind Tricks
Public Enemy
Nas
Common
Lupe Fiasco
Immortal Technique
Outerspace
Atmosphere
Hilltop Hoods
Papoose

Some of my favourite tracks:

Outerspace || Chapter of Thunder
[youtube]kTIaYG6vHZM[/youtube]

Jedi Mind Tricks || Razorblade Salvation
[youtube]vgAR1Dgpg_U[/youtube]

Public Enemy || Don't Belive the Hype
[youtube]zP2tyZu0lqs[/youtube]
Marneyo Juano
The first song is eh...okay
The second one KICKS ASS and I can relate to it alot.
The third song is weak.

I think I'll start listening to Jedi Mind Tricks.
Skinny 

My work here is done.
Mad Space Ghost
[youtube]9iE4QciWc6w[/youtube]

[youtube]Ty0u1PzXfTo[/youtube]
gingergenius
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Feb 1 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]1391395[/snapback]
I ain't a huge fan of gangster rap. The only artists I really like from this type of hip hop would be Notorious BIG and 50Cent when he was younger before he strated making pop songs like 'In Da Club'.

Most people (even me) don't believe that 50 actualy used to be pretty awsome on his Power of the Dollar album:
[youtube]bFvPSx7D4pI[/youtube]

My favourite artist would have to be:
Jurassic 5
Jedi Mind Tricks
Public Enemy
Nas
Common
Lupe Fiasco
Immortal Technique
Outerspace
Atmosphere
Hilltop Hoods
Papoose

Some of my favourite tracks:

Outerspace || Chapter of Thunder
[youtube]kTIaYG6vHZM[/youtube]

Jedi Mind Tricks || Razorblade Salvation
[youtube]vgAR1Dgpg_U[/youtube]

Public Enemy || Don't Belive the Hype
[youtube]zP2tyZu0lqs[/youtube]

I'm glad there's someone out there pretty much matching me....

There's a guy at school, obsessed with 50 cent. I get lifts in his car sometimes and he rolls windows down, fiddy blaring out going 'I run New York' and 'I get money'. This guy chats all of fiddys lyrics from memory. And then I tell him 50 is shite, I sent him tracks off the Power of the Dollar (which is SICK) and he doesn't like them. Some people.

Outerspace are raw, I think juice recommended them...

BIG tune, RA the Rugged Man does a madness:
[youtube]7r0KpWMNxnM[/youtube]

And check out the supergroup:
[youtube]r132-adOoZg[/youtube]
Indy
Nas
Lupe Fiasco
Eminem
Kanye West
Jedi Mind Tricks
Jay-Z
D12
Jin (Freestyles only)
Mad Space Ghost
Damn man i almost shed a tear to that razorblade salvation..

sitting reminiscing to my life and listening to that song brought me back.
Skinny 
Everyone has Kanye on his list. I think he's gone way down hill since his first album and his music today sounds like pop pretty much.

He used to have some real nice lyrics though.
Mad Space Ghost
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Feb 1 2008, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1391561[/snapback]
Everyone has Kanye on his list. I think he's gone way down hill since his first album and his music today sounds like pop pretty much.

He used to have some real nice lyrics though.

Yea i'll agree with that a bit.

But if he makes pop he makes some damn good pop.

I remember him rapping with nas on Classic

[youtube]UDCDrcZK4NE[/youtube]

^ thats classic listen to it, its fucking sick.
ViceMan
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Feb 1 2008, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1391401[/snapback]

I'd recommend starting with their Violent By Design album, overall I prefer Visions of Gandhi and Legacy of Blood over their Servants in Heaven Kings in Hell album. The Psycho-Social LP is also worth checking out, although Vinnie Paz wasn't as raw with his lyrics in his earlier days. OuterSpace is worth checking out too, since they're associated with JMT.
Styl
You guys should check out the shit in my sigs, real good music. Let me know what you think too.
PapaBearDX
Immortal Technique
A Tribe Called Quest
Eazy-E
Roots Manuva
Del The Funkee Homosapien
Dr. Dre
Beastie Boys

much more.
Mad Space Ghost
QUOTE(PapaBearDX @ Feb 6 2008, 07:13 PM) [snapback]1392312[/snapback]
Immortal Technique
A Tribe Called Quest
Eazy-E
Roots Manuva
Del The Funkee Homosapien
Dr. Dre
Beastie Boys

much more.

Beastie boys are actulally pretty cool
Heartless
My favorite Jedi Mind track:

gingergenius
QUOTE(Heartless @ Feb 7 2008, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1392355[/snapback]

sick, agreed, but you'll see I already posted that one..
Skinny 
QUOTE(Ruger @ Jan 31 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1391103[/snapback]
I don't really listen to those straight lyrical songs or political songs because they get real boring real fast, even though I know I should listen to it... I just can't it's like watching a mildly entertaining classroom video.

Of coarse you would rather listen to extreme hip hop that's hittin' some hard hitting issues like Little Wayne.
Mad Space Ghost
Lil wayne adresses issues? D:

lulz

That nigga gone got himself arrested again...
Thrilla in Manila
yeah have you heard Get Over and Georgia Bush by lil' wayne? If not then you need to shut the hell up when you want to talk about how bad a rapper he is.
Styl
Interesting to see hip hop and rap looked at from the average listeners, I'm always on producing/engineering forums where everyone looks at shit from a "musical" standpoint. Wow, big contrast.
Screw Loose
[youtube]aWF4NBb1Twg[/youtube]

I like KRS-ONE, and Talib Kweli. Thats about it. This song has like the best beat.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Feb 16 2008, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1394013[/snapback]
yeah have you heard Get Over and Georgia Bush by lil' wayne? If not then you need to shut the hell up when you want to talk about how bad a rapper he is.

Wow, two songs. That makes up for all the songs about 'bitches'. 'bling' or my favourite 'the rims on his whip'. Not to mention the 50 songs he's featured in with Far Joe and R. Kelly that are about some stupid dance or being in the club.

He sucks. There is nothing left to debate.
gtasanandreasgeek
Lately ive been listening to a lot of 80's hip hop instead of the usual G-funk i listen to. Rakim = one of the best ever.... Paid in full is now my Favourite album of all time. Beats and rap goes absoloutely perfectly together. Also run dmc is dope, Dana Dane, Big Daddy Kane, Mc Shan, Slick Rick, Schoolly D, N.W.A, Geto Boys, King Tee, LL Cool J, Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Ice T. All these albums are flawless. The golden age of rap was a good time....

And as for G-Funk and Gangsta Rap.

I could go on for days
Skinny 
Doesn't seem to be many Jurassic 5 fans here.

QUOTE(Heartless @ Feb 7 2008, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1392355[/snapback]

My fave to. Soulmates?
Thrilla in Manila
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Feb 20 2008, 09:56 AM) [snapback]1394700[/snapback]
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Feb 16 2008, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1394013[/snapback]

Wow, two songs. That makes up for all the songs about 'bitches'. 'bling' or my favourite 'the rims on his whip'. Not to mention the 50 songs he's featured in with Far Joe and R. Kelly that are about some stupid dance or being in the club.

He sucks. There is nothing left to debate.

dude I could go for days

-Georgia Bush
-Get Over
-Pray
-Trouble
-The Damage is Done
-Gossip
-Receipt
-Feel Me
-On My Own
-Ain't That a Bitch
-Do What You Do
-Something You Forgot
-World of Fantasy
-La La La
-No Other

that's what I get after thinking for like 30 seconds of shit where he speaks on serious shit but then again, dude is a celebrity not some broke nigga sitting on the porch all day writing rhymes in a notepad.
Mad Space Ghost
QUOTE(gtasanandreasgeek @ Feb 29 2008, 05:36 AM) [snapback]1396759[/snapback]
Lately ive been listening to a lot of 80's hip hop instead of the usual G-funk i listen to. Rakim = one of the best ever.... Paid in full is now my Favourite album of all time. Beats and rap goes absoloutely perfectly together. Also run dmc is dope, Dana Dane, Big Daddy Kane, Mc Shan, Slick Rick, Schoolly D, N.W.A, Geto Boys, King Tee, LL Cool J, Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Ice T. All these albums are flawless. The golden age of rap was a good time....

And as for G-Funk and Gangsta Rap.

I could go on for days

Nice post.

I only know slick rick by his song in one of the GTA's but he's defiantly a good MC.

Schoolly D also does thesongs for aqua teen hunger force methinks. NWA is awesome. FRESH PRINCE LOL yea will smith was good when he rapped sorta if thats who that is.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Mar 15 2008, 01:51 AM) [snapback]1399165[/snapback]
dude is a celebrity not some broke nigga sitting on the porch all day writing rhymes in a notepad.

No, you don't understand. Underground rappers don't maintain that staus because that cannot make it it's because 1) The make more money and 2) They can make proper rap songs and don't have their songs turned into bubblegum pop.
Deji
i don't really go for 'artists' i just go for the songs. I like eminem though. he's only made one tune i don't like.
Thrilla in Manila
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Mar 18 2008, 10:02 AM) [snapback]1399920[/snapback]
dude is a celebrity not some broke nigga sitting on the porch all day writing rhymes in a notepad.

No, you don't understand. Underground rappers don't maintain that staus because that cannot make it it's because 1) The make more money and 2) They can make proper rap songs and don't have their songs turned into bubblegum pop.

If I could make millions with a bubblegum pop song I would definitely do it, I would still make sure I drop a mixtape for the streets every once in a while.
T.I.
Tupac
Favourite Songs;
- Uppercut
- Hit Em' Up
- When We Ride On Our Enemies
- Whatz Ya Phone Number
- Lil' Homies
- Baby Don't Cry
- Hail Mary
- They Don't Give a Fuck About Us
- Dear Mama

Eazy E
- Real Motherfuckin' G'z
- Eazy Duz' It
- Neighbourhood Sniper
- Sippin' on a 40

The Game
- Won't Stop
- Higher
- Red Bandana
- Feels Good
- Nice
- Let's Ride
- Dreams
- One Blood

Immortal Technique
- Bin Laden
- Caught in a Hustle
- Freedom of Speech

Cormega
- The Saga [Remix]
- Testament
- Master Plan

Can't be bothered to write more songs, but I still hold these artists/groups in high regard.

- KRS-One
- Bone Thugs N Harmony
- Geto Boyz
- Chamillionaire
- Gang Starr
- Biggie
- Ice Cube
- Nas
- T.I.
- Nate Dogg
- Snoop Dogg
- TQ
- Young Jeezy
- Akon
- Lupe Fiasco
- Jay-Z
- Yung Joc
- Z-Ro
- Mos Def
Skinny 
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 4 2008, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1405055[/snapback]

If I could make millions with a bubblegum pop song I would definitely do it

It's a bit hard to get a political message across in a bubblegum pop song -_-.

and you wouldn't be making the millions, the label would. You would just be there bitch. So you would rather make money with bublegum pop then make even more money (going to you as an artist rather than the label) with real hip hop?
P-nut
Here are a few tracks I've been listening to lately:

Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I love how it's so dark, and great storytelling of course (immortal technique is my favoured mc in my stereo right now)

Gangstarr ft. Inspectah Deck - Above The Clouds
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_K2QwgecJo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_K2QwgecJo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Just a great beat from premier and good emceeing from guru (but thats nothing new).
I Self Lord And Master? Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth!

Blackstar ft. Common - Respiration
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHReQQnMVQo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHReQQnMVQo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Blackstar (mos def/talib kweli) masters of metaphores and wordplay, this track has many similarities with poems from legendary poets. A friend of mine wrote an essay about it, not really in the mood to look that up now.

Jedi Mind Tricks - Blood Runs Cold
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RciKpn1IfYY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RciKpn1IfYY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Jedi Mind Tricks always good shit

Remedy - Never Again
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwM8ylfQeWY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwM8ylfQeWY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Jewish rapper Remedy about the holocaust. You can hear he made a good effort to translate the darkness and pain from the holocaust into his music.

Pharoahe Monch - When the Gun Draws
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC2G3iQqPo0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC2G3iQqPo0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Be sure to check out this video. A nice indictment against gun laws.

Immortal Technique - Industrial Revolution
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wDUbEqqFLg&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wDUbEqqFLg&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Immortal at it again. Nice metas and wordplay (my metaphores are dirty like herpes but harder to catch/ like an escape tunnel from prison, I started from scratch)

Gangstarr - You Know My Steez
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXCo_lR3Pp0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXCo_lR3Pp0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Guru and Premier=nice beat and great emceeing

Mc Solaar & Guru - The Good The Bad / Le Bien Le Mal
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZc4dxJRRw8&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZc4dxJRRw8&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
you either like it or you dont. alot of friends of mine dont, I like it. maybe itīs because I understand french, I dunno

try to look up the track Deep Space by Lord Jamar and the rza, couldnt find it on youtube
P-nut
sorry for the double post, but I had to add these 2 onyx tracks:

Rob & Vic
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/njGL9aAv2ng&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/njGL9aAv2ng&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Veronica
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RymZ4FNomgo&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RymZ4FNomgo&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Thrilla in Manila
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 4 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1405509[/snapback]

It's a bit hard to get a political message across in a bubblegum pop song sleep.gif.

and you wouldn't be making the millions, the label would. You would just be there bitch. So you would rather make money with bublegum pop then make even more money (going to you as an artist rather than the label) with real hip hop?

That depends. It's not always the case, broke rappers tell you that shit because the label really is making the hits, the rapper is just the face of the label. Those that actually get rich off this shit are people who don't need the label's help to make hit records. Independent companies like Cash Money Records and No Limit got rich because of a few reasons.

1. Master P and Baby happened to have friends who are fucking gifted when it comes to making beats (Mannie Fresh and KLC) and were cheap as hell.

2. Cash Money Records had like 4 artists (Hot Boys) each of which had crazy rythym, flow, and the ability to make catchy ass songs by making crazy hooks and straight spitting over verses with a catchy as hell style of rapping. These NY rappers who were popular before got raped by the industry because they were telling them how to make hits... now they aren't signed to them anymore and they don't know how to make hits so they bitch and moan about how the south is ass. (shit that really pisses me off is how they classify Lil' Wayne as being in the same talent range as Young Jeezy when Jay-Z himself almost went crazy trying to sign lil' wayne when his contract ran out)
fellows100
DJ EJ all the way !!!!
GtaKing343.
i like anythin as loong is good ... anything besides g-unit
gingergenius
QUOTE(P-nut @ Apr 20 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1416599[/snapback]
Here are a few tracks I've been listening to lately:

Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I love how it's so dark, and great storytelling of course (immortal technique is my favoured mc in my stereo right now)

Gangstarr ft. Inspectah Deck - Above The Clouds
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_K2QwgecJo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_K2QwgecJo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Just a great beat from premier and good emceeing from guru (but thats nothing new).
I Self Lord And Master? Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth!

Blackstar ft. Common - Respiration
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHReQQnMVQo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHReQQnMVQo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Blackstar (mos def/talib kweli) masters of metaphores and wordplay, this track has many similarities with poems from legendary poets. A friend of mine wrote an essay about it, not really in the mood to look that up now.

Jedi Mind Tricks - Blood Runs Cold
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RciKpn1IfYY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RciKpn1IfYY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Jedi Mind Tricks always good shit

Remedy - Never Again
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwM8ylfQeWY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwM8ylfQeWY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Jewish rapper Remedy about the holocaust. You can hear he made a good effort to translate the darkness and pain from the holocaust into his music.

Pharoahe Monch - When the Gun Draws
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC2G3iQqPo0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC2G3iQqPo0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Be sure to check out this video. A nice indictment against gun laws.

Immortal Technique - Industrial Revolution
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wDUbEqqFLg&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wDUbEqqFLg&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Immortal at it again. Nice metas and wordplay (my metaphores are dirty like herpes but harder to catch/ like an escape tunnel from prison, I started from scratch)

Gangstarr - You Know My Steez
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXCo_lR3Pp0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXCo_lR3Pp0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Guru and Premier=nice beat and great emceeing

Mc Solaar & Guru - The Good The Bad / Le Bien Le Mal
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZc4dxJRRw8&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZc4dxJRRw8&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
you either like it or you dont. alot of friends of mine dont, I like it. maybe itīs because I understand french, I dunno

try to look up the track Deep Space by Lord Jamar and the rza, couldnt find it on youtube

solaar is BIG. Check out Monsieur R & IAM as well.
ThePaleOgre
I really enjoy Busdriver's music and Dr. Steel's music

www.myspace.com/busdriver
www.myspace.com/drsteel

Edit:
I forgot Celph Titled
http://www.myspace.com/celphtitled
Skinny 
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 21 2008, 02:58 AM) [snapback]1416634[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 4 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1405509[/snapback]

It's a bit hard to get a political message across in a bubblegum pop song sleep.gif.

That depends. It's not always the case, broke rappers tell you that shit because the label really is making the hits, the rapper is just the face of the label. Those that actually get rich off this shit are people who don't need the label's help to make hit records.

Of coarse, i.e. NOT Lil Wayne...
Flash Light
'pac wasn't a gangsta rapper ... 2pacaylpse now to me against the world and 7 day theory Isn't gangsta shit. most of my favourites have fallen off these days:

WU-TANG CLAN!!
nas
mobb deep
royce da 5'9"
rhymefest
7L & esoteric
atmosphere
company flow
MF Doom
MF Grimm
killarmy
killah priest
RA the ruggered man
LA the darkman
copywirte
cage
yak ballz
organized konfusion/pharoahe monch solo
mos def
talib kweli
deltron 3030/del the funy homosapien solo
boot camp clik
saukrates
c-rayz walz
gangstarr
big L ...

list is fucking endless

nas' new drop "be a nigga too" is fuckin' garbage. Dude has fallen off so bad since god's son.
-Toge-
[youtube]lJ_UOiV8okg[/youtube]

[youtube]DZmT3tOIn9k[/youtube]

[youtube]zQeZgj9Qr3I[/youtube]

Do I need to say more? Nope.
Flash Light
no you don't If It's more Percee P

[youtube]PgosJZ-lZ3s[/youtube]

[youtube]QDP_hr0JoCQ[/youtube]

[youtube]PPZ2-FVcM3M[/youtube]

[youtube]fb5gAuqZlw4[/youtube]

[youtube]hM0pZc-qcW4[/youtube]

[youtube]cgJQJesMs9s[/youtube]

[youtube]aY7c9K39lLs[/youtube]

recognise
Mzeppelin
Favorite rap group is Geto Boys. Real shit. Other than that I like almost every late 80s-early to mid 90s rap artist and group, other than a few like Tribe Called Quest, Dre, Snoop, ect.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Flash Light @ May 3 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]1429331[/snapback]
'pac wasn't a gangsta rapper ... 2pacaylpse now to me against the world and 7 day theory Isn't gangsta shit. most of my favourites have fallen off these days:

WU-TANG CLAN!!
nas
mobb deep
royce da 5'9"
rhymefest
7L & esoteric
atmosphere
company flow
MF Doom
MF Grimm
killarmy
killah priest
RA the ruggered man
LA the darkman
copywirte
cage
yak ballz
organized konfusion/pharoahe monch solo
mos def
talib kweli
deltron 3030/del the funy homosapien solo
boot camp clik
saukrates
c-rayz walz
gangstarr
big L ...

list is fucking endless

nas' new drop "be a nigga too" is fuckin' garbage. Dude has fallen off so bad since god's son.

damn, i thought i was gonna go through two pages without a single mention of wu-tang clan...

i like only a few hip-hop groups nowadays... in high-school, i did listen to quite a bit of hip-hop but, only these groups stuck with me past school...

beastie boys
cypress hill
wu-tang clan
NWA
bones thugs 'n harmony

and these are groups, not individuals... the individuals aren't worth really mentioning since there's only a couple...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.