Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Capital Punishment
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
BIG FUCKING SPIDER
Who here agrees with it? I do, I think all unjustified Murderers, Rapists, Paedophiles and kidnappers should wind up on the end of 6 foot of rope, they are disgusting and with them gone we don't have to pay jail costs, or risk letting them back out into the public, and of course they will get what they deserve.

What do you think?
Skinny†
I don't have much thoughts on this, because we don't have capital punishment in Australia.

Either way, what difrence does it make if they are killed or if they spen the rest of their lives behind bars? If you're a rapist, you wont be alive to long in jail.
Amis
The laws in here suck ass. You can drive over some person and if you happen to be drunk while doing it, then you only get like few months in prison or something.

And if you surprise sex a woman, or there was this really sick case where 17 year old boy raped a 8 year old girl, many times. He got only like year and half or something.

All pedos, murderers, thugs and thieves should at least get a life in prison, in its very meaning. Here when you get a life in prison it usually means 7 years wich can be cut to 3-4 with good behaviour.

But if you burn a church, download song, forget to pay your parking tickets or something else less important, then OMG you should be fucking stoned.

Yes to capital punishment, although that wont never happen in here, thanks to social democrats = commies.
TwoFacedTanner
Kidnappers?

Come on man...

I mean, thats bad, but unless they killed someone, no one deserves to die.
BIG FUCKING SPIDER
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jan 28 2008, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1390586[/snapback]
Kidnappers?

Come on man...

Why not? They will have put people and their families through mental agony which could haunt them for there rest of their lives.
TwoFacedTanner
So that means they have to die?
That a bit extreme.

And I just noticed this...thieves?

What the hell?

Not all crimes need to be punished by death.
Murder is the only one in my book.
They take a life, and they get the favor returned.
BIG FUCKING SPIDER
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jan 28 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1390588[/snapback]
So that means they have to die?
That a bit extreme.

And I just noticed this...thieves?

What the hell?

Not all crimes need to be punished by death.
Murder is the only one in my book.
They take a life, and they get the favor returned.

Either die or life in jail(and by Life I mean full life)

If someone votes for theives it pretty much means they want all criminals killed(Not me personally.).
coreyko_2003
Put it this way, you kill someone and wind up getting arrested for it or you go and ra.pe someone then yes, you should get killed for it.
Mattay
Capital Punishment...definately.

My reasons:

Any murderer should be put to death, unless that person killed in self defense.

As far as rapists and pedophiles, on America's Most Wanted a few months ago, John Walsh told a story about how a little girl had been abducted, raped unmercifully, and then buried alive by this inhuman person. If I were the judge, and if the little girl's father hadn't killed the man already, I would have him put to death, period.

However I don't feel that thugs and thieves should be put to death for say stealing a television or something, or embezzling money. Put into jail, but definately not put to death.
SlickCriminal92
Thugs, kidnappers and thievs are too petty for capital punishment. Only murders, pedos and rapists.

I think we already got capital punishment in affect in america. If your over 18 and you kill someone you get life in prision or death. But if your like 15 and you kill someone you go to jail for 60 years (where I live in FL) not sure if it applies to the whole country.

But if we are going to do that whole ''you steal you lose a hand thing'' no, it's not necessary. Though I think such punishments would lower the crime rate everywhere since criminals would think twice before committing a crime. Also being caught these days is much easier with new techonolgy used for DNA in evidence.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(BIG FUCKING SPIDER @ Jan 28 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]1390575[/snapback]
Who here agrees with it? I do, I think all unjustified Murderers, Rapists, Paedophiles and kidnappers should wind up on the end of 6 foot of rope, they are disgusting and with them gone we don't have to pay jail costs, or risk letting them back out into the public, and of course they will get what they deserve.

What do you think?

which paedophiles are "justified"?

Secondly... Yes, I think we should kill them. Or make them work. I sure as hell don't want to pay for them to sit on their ass. The more people who die, the better it is for me, because the worlds resources are sparce and the less people sharing them, the better. I mean, i still support the poor in america, ect... but as far as helping kids in africa with aids.. or these people.. i'm really not interested.
Screw Loose
QUOTE(Amis @ Jan 28 2008, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1390583[/snapback]
The laws in here suck ass. You can drive over some person and if you happen to be drunk while doing it, then you only get like few months in prison or something.

And if you surprise sex a woman, or there was this really sick case where 17 year old boy raped a 8 year old girl, many times. He got only like year and half or something.

All pedos, murderers, thugs and thieves should at least get a life in prison, in its very meaning. Here when you get a life in prison it usually means 7 years wich can be cut to 3-4 with good behaviour.

But if you burn a church, download song, forget to pay your parking tickets or something else less important, then OMG you should be fucking stoned.

Yes to capital punishment, although that wont never happen in here, thanks to social democrats = commies.

Do you have a clue on how expensive it is to keep these useless human beings (depending on the case) in a cage for that long?

Why should government money be wasted on keeping these devil-worshipping piles of meat alive in jail, when we could just take out the garbage and kill/force them to work so the money could be used on so many better things to benefit all of us as a society

I think the best option would be to make them slaves, and save alot of people alot of money and end up benefiting the society.BECAUSE in jail they are less then human beings to begin with. Each case should be dealt with on an individual level though, no generalities in sentencing people, who knows what sort of details justified their actions

EDIT: On the thugs and thieves part, they should pay their dues, and go on.

Dishonesty can be cured, pedophilia, urge to kill, and surprise sex can't be undone. Thats the point of jail, to in a way, cure these people of their criminal tendencies, you won't see that with a murderer/rapist/pedo i beleive, but IDK, cases differ
Amis
^That's why I said at least, meaning that if the life in prison costs too much for the government, then there is only one solution...death.^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides world is overpopulated anyways, so it would be better if there would be only death sentences, from parking crimes to killings, that would be perfect.

Put cameras to every parking lot, and to every corner of the street. More police patrols on the streets, licence to kill straight. Snipers near important buildings, like banks, hospitals and other public places, to shoot the suspects. A suspect can be defined to wear untidy clothes.

Oh yeah, and a dress code for all, in schools, out in public, everywhere. All drugs could be legal, since if you drive while drunk, punch someone, or break any other rule, you will be neutralized.

Compulsory military service for men and women like in Israel. Service should last year, or longer if that person wants to join army full time, but not less than a year. Police patrol helis could be mounted with miniguns. Every town has 2 tanks patrolling. Atleast 2 soldiers are in front of any shop.

Think about it. Perfect safe world, if you can live with those rules, you have nothing to be affraid of.
Heartless
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jan 28 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1390695[/snapback]

Like when you go to a bar, take home a hot woman and have wild, crazy butt monkey sex. Turns out she's 16, and used a fake ID to go clubbing. Next thing you know, she gets scared and tells her mom she got raped, and wham, you end up in jail for ten years and are added to the sex offender registry. Oh, and you have a felony charge. May as well give the death penalty because, at this point, life is no longer worth living.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(BIG FUCKING SPIDER @ Jan 28 2008, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1390587[/snapback]
Kidnappers?

Come on man...

Why not? They will have put people and their families through mental agony which could haunt them for there rest of their lives.
Killing will fix this. Once the kidnapper is dead, the trauma will end.

QUOTE(Mattay @ Jan 28 2008, 09:22 PM) [snapback]1390632[/snapback]

My reasons:

As far as rapists and pedophiles, on America's Most Wanted a few months ago, John Walsh told a story about how a little girl had been abducted, raped unmercifully, and then buried alive by this inhuman person. If I were the judge, and if the little girl's father hadn't killed the man already, I would have him put to death, period.

However I don't feel that thugs and thieves should be put to death for say stealing a television or something, or embezzling money. Put into jail, but definately not put to death.
What does it accomplish? Revenge is a useless notion. It's juvenile, vicious and no good can come of it. The only argument I can imagine for it are based on cynical economics, rather than morality.
BIG FUCKING SPIDER
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jan 29 2008, 02:29 AM) [snapback]1390695[/snapback]
QUOTE(BIG FUCKING SPIDER @ Jan 28 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]1390575[/snapback]

What do you think?

The justified was just refering to the Murder part.

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Jan 29 2008, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1390845[/snapback]
Kidnappers?

Come on man...

They might still have trauma yes, but why should they have to live like this when the Criminal will eventuly go free, perhaps one day to do it again.

Also if someone kidnapped me, and I survived the ordeal, I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be around when the guy you put away for 10 years is released.
Kidnapping is very vague. A mother could keep her daughter for a few hours from social services, beyond what she's allowed. Or it could be like Iain Huntley.
Kronoz
State shouldn't kill its citizens glare.gif

i) Death is the easy way out
ii) Execution is too expensive to justify out of taxpayers pockets
iii) Criminals can be useful to study etc
iv) Most people can change
v) Death penalty is not a deterrent to many criminals
vi) Human rights are important
vii) Endless arguments over humane ways to kill aren't going to wind up any time soon

On the other hand, why kill a large source of potential labour wink.gif
coreyko_2003
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Jan 29 2008, 10:43 AM) [snapback]1390845[/snapback]
Kidnappers?

Come on man...

QUOTE(Mattay @ Jan 28 2008, 09:22 PM) [snapback]1390632[/snapback]

My reasons:

What does it accomplish? Revenge is a useless notion. It's juvenile, vicious and no good can come of it. The only argument I can imagine for it are based on cynical economics, rather than morality.

No, you kill the guy that murders someone and at least he won't have a chance to get out and do it again.
Disregarding a prison break, that's not likely anyway. Plus what Kronoz said.
Heartless
QUOTE(Kronoz @ Jan 29 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1390863[/snapback]

vii) Endless arguments over humane ways to kill aren't going to wind up any time soon

Ironically, these are all true, because you support them. As an example, many cities water companies have raised prices in an attempt to bridge the gap between conservationists and water usage. Yes, water prices are increasing because people conserve water, and in much the same way, because people protest the execution of criminals, you increase the prices of execution and increase of crime. Because liberals are so soft on crime, there will always be more crime as potential criminals know there will never be an adequate response to their actions.
Hardcore Ottoman
I only voted for what I have experienced firsthand or have witnessed very close to me:

It depends on every case, but of all people it should be rapists, pedophiles, and killers.

I can't stand a rapist walking free and pedophiles just need their penises removed honestly... and killers are a gimme that I don't need to have experience with. I was condemned a rapist once and fucking went through with tons of shit but now I feel I deserve respect. What I did to chenge their minds is hardly what an average rapist will do though. Those kinds I feel really did surprise sex someone...

The thing with pedophilia is with my cousin who went through hell and died due to my aunt and her fucking boyfriend (aunt's).
QUOTE(Heartless @ Jan 30 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]1390924[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kronoz @ Jan 29 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1390863[/snapback]

Ironically, these are all true, because you support them. As an example, many cities water companies have raised prices in an attempt to bridge the gap between conservationists and water usage. Yes, water prices are increasing because people conserve water, and in much the same way, because people protest the execution of criminals, you increase the prices of execution and increase of crime. Because liberals are so soft on crime, there will always be more crime as potential criminals know there will never be an adequate response to their actions.
That's only relevent to point (ii) of Kronoz's post, and even then you don't explain how disagreeing with the death penalty makes it more expensive.

As for "softness" on crime leading to higher murder rates:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=168
Marneyo Juano
That is bullshit. With the current judgement system and police interrogations, most of the people executed (that is for murder, as it is common in some states to execute for murder) would have been killed for no reason. For example, someone attacks you on the street with a gun, and you know that guy has alot of friends or whatever that can shoot and kill you and your family if the attacking guy remembers you and you injure him. SO you somehow manage to take over his gun, and the choices for you are to kill him and get executed, or fuck him up so he won't follow and fight you again and risk you whole family's health or lives. I know I would choose killing the person and trying to get away with it, but suppose you're caught, and charged with murder, you would never prove that it was self defence as this barely slides anymore. Judges and cops would never think of the reasons you've done that, would never look at personal reasons, would never look at the consequences it might have, what they care about most of all is closing the case, and if the easiest way (and usually it is) is pleading you guilty of murder, they will do it. Justice my ass. You'll end up basically killed for defending your family.
I had some time and reasons to think about it and I spent a couple nights thinking of it. You'll be surprised in how many cases murder is justified.
Living in prison is much better, as even a murderer with no reason at all will have alot of time to think of it, and if they come out of jail young enough to live their life, they can change completley.
psychÝ
How has everyone managed to miss a key point, no one has even mentioned it, you are to busy killing people.

What if the person didn't do the crime, you seem to be presuming the criminal justice system is perfect.

What world are you living in?

I agree with capital punishment, if without a shadow of a doubt you know them to have done it and they have either killed someone or completely fucked up someone's life as in the case of surprise sex or paedophilia.

But that is presuming there is nothing better that can be done with them, there are plenty of minimum wage jobs they could be doing.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 1 2008, 04:30 AM) [snapback]1391305[/snapback]
How has everyone managed to miss a key point, no one has even mentioned it, you are to busy killing people.

What if the person didn't do the crime, you seem to be presuming the criminal justice system is perfect.

Well, I disagree with the cliche that is better to let a guilty man live than an innocent man die. Of course... in the media you see time and time again shotty police work that overturns a murder conviction... so i'd say that forced labor AKA slavery is clearly the best option.

Of course, the vast majority of people in prisons are african american.. and i'm sure making criminals do hard labor in America would be to much for our political system to handle. Yay for dictatorships.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 1 2008, 05:21 AM) [snapback]1391317[/snapback]

Well, I disagree with the cliche that is better to let a guilty man live than an innocent man die.

So you agree innocent people should die, to make sure the guilty ones do?

Your on death row, you didn't do it, how do you feel now?
Hardcore Ottoman

I feel he agrees more with a guilty man not being let free than the innocent killing part.
psychÝ
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 4 2008, 01:00 AM) [snapback]1391864[/snapback]

I feel he agrees more with a guilty man not being let free than the innocent killing part.

Why would a guilty man be let free, no one was even saying that.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 3 2008, 08:30 PM) [snapback]1391871[/snapback]
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 4 2008, 01:00 AM) [snapback]1391864[/snapback]

Why would a guilty man be let free, no one was even saying that.

? I said not be let free. It relates to the cliche Q mentioned. Q dislike of it stemming from his desire to let no guilty man free rather than letting innocent people die--that was my point. It was a counter to your daft, shallow evaluation of his post.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 3 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]1391832[/snapback]

Well, I disagree with the cliche that is better to let a guilty man live than an innocent man die.

Whatever.. the point is that its better to make a few instantaneous mistakes than make a large number of continuous mistakes by letting someone who does not deserve to live, live.

Sure, a certain small percentage of people may be set free based on evidence found later, which would support the case for Life Sentences rather than the death penalty. But the price of holding all guilty parties in prisons for their entire life isn't worth the benefit of not condemning an guilty man.

psychÝ
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 4 2008, 04:41 AM) [snapback]1391885[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 3 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]1391832[/snapback]

Whatever.. the point is that its better to make a few instantaneous mistakes than make a large number of continuous mistakes by letting someone who does not deserve to live, live.
Who says they don't deserve to live, you seem to have just decided this.
Sure, a certain small percentage of people may be set free based on evidence found later, which would support the case for Life Sentences rather than the death penalty. But the price of holding all guilty parties in prisons for their entire life isn't worth the benefit of not condemning an guilty man.
So you are pretty much just saying lock up and kill innocent people as long as most of them are guilty and have yet to work out if they are innocent then someone else is guilty who isn't getting the justice they deserve.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 4 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1391940[/snapback]
Who says they don't deserve to live, you seem to have just decided this.

Anyone see the irony in this?

I'm posting my opinion on the matter....not an undeniable fact.

So you are pretty much just saying lock up and kill innocent people as long as most of them are guilty and have yet to work out if they are innocent then someone else is guilty who isn't getting the justice they deserve.

Yes.....
I mean its not like loads on innocent people are sitting on death row...
gingergenius
Obviously NO.

1. There's always the chance that the person is innocent.

2. There's a long gap between sentencing and execution. If you take Tookie Williams as an example, this man was reformed and rehabilitated by the prison system, and then executed... Rehabilitation is more important than retribution.

3. An eye for an eye will make the world blind.

4. A lot of people in America who support the death penalty are also anti-abortion Pro-lifers. Hypocrites.

psychÝ
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 4 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]1391974[/snapback]

Yes.....
I mean its not like loads on innocent people are sitting on death row...

Seriously, wtf is all I can say.

You are seriously fucked in the head if you are happy to kill innocent people to make sure the others die.

A lot of people in America who support the death penalty are also anti-abortion Pro-lifers.
I would need a citation to actually believe that, but there must be some and those who are are complete hypocrites.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Feb 4 2008, 06:45 PM) [snapback]1391996[/snapback]
A lot of people in America who support the death penalty are also anti-abortion Pro-lifers.
I would need a citation to actually believe that, but there must be some and those who are are complete hypocrites.

I agree. I support capital punishment only in matters I feel I understand on a more personal level but as for abortion I don't care so much. You, as an individual, will hardly remember anything under your first two years on a conscious level so dying before birth (however paradoxal that is) is not a pain you feel but rather whoever your mother would have been... but, remember, even that is her decision now.

42yearoldinvestmentbanka
It's hard for me to say I never had any of those things happen to anyone I know If it did happen say murder or surprise sex then you might be so angry that you would say hang the bastard but since it has never happened do we have the right to take a life; that is not up to us; I think life in prison would be worse and more painful to the guilty.
cormack
capital punishment yes but only 4 rapists , murderers and peaodofiles !!! they disgust me pffffft
Austin
Only in extreme cases.. I don;t think every murder or rapist should be automatically executed.

By extreme I'm talking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors_murders along those lines.

QUOTE(Amarillo Suave)

Revenge is not a useless notion.. I think the whole Christian forgive those who murder your children attitude is a lot more fucked up than the I want them to fucking pay approach.

psychÝ
QUOTE(42yearoldinvestmentbanka @ Feb 5 2008, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1392065[/snapback]
It's hard for me to say I never had any of those things happen to anyone I know If it did happen say murder or surprise sex then you might be so angry that you would say hang the bastard but since it has never happened do we have the right to take a life; that is not up to us; I think life in prison would be worse and more painful to the guilty.

To be fair I used to understand the notion that prison was worth than death until I realised having something is better than nothing.

You only get one life, if it is gone then no it isn't painful but you cease to exist you lose something that can't be regained.

Then of course there is the fact that before being sentence to death you are in prison for a period and you would make friends with people and you would just get used to it, yeah it isn't great but it is still more fun than nothing.
BIG FUCKING SPIDER
To those saying innocent men may get wrongly sentanced, why not just give the sentance in light of undeniable DNA evidence? This ensures no innocent man shall be executed.
psychÝ
QUOTE(BIG FUCKING SPIDER @ Feb 5 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1392087[/snapback]
To those saying innocent men may get wrongly sentanced, why not just give the sentance in light of undeniable DNA evidence? This ensures no innocent man shall be executed.

Yes that would be one case, but I am sure there are other types of evidence that are extremely sound.
Don Leone
It's a delicate thing. Capital punishment could potentially deter criminals, but at the same time the Western world doesn't want to follow the likes of Iran or Saudi Arabia where adultery could earn you the likes of a public hanging.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.