Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You couldn't make it up
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Austin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm

Three Little Pigs 'too offensive'

A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.

Everyone remember the 3 little pigs story? huff and puff and blow your house down etc?

Apparently the story is offensive and racist towards Muslims because of the use of pigs laugh.gif I didn't know whether to cry or laugh when reading that article.. this is the way UK is going. Again I doubt a Muslim has expressed anger at the use of pigs.. it will be some clueless idiots who are afraid it might offend them.

You couldn't make this stuff up.. it's unbelievably stupid.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Austin @ Jan 23 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1388739[/snapback]

A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.

Everyone remember the 3 little pigs story? huff and puff and blow your house down etc?

Apparently the story is offensive and racist towards Muslims because of the use of pigs laugh.gif I didn't know whether to cry or laugh when reading that article.. this is the way UK is going. Again I doubt a Muslim has expressed anger at the use of pigs.. it will be some clueless idiots who are afraid it might offend them.

The people who think that it is offence are clearly racist themselves, I mean who gets these fucking job, stupid labour government.
Marneyo Juano
Where the hell is this world going? First prohibiting the use of words because it might be offensive, then this.
Wow.
Mekstizzle
It's almost as if they're doing it on purpose. Just to stir up more resentment towards muslims.

Why do they only talk about muslims, what about jews? They don't like Pig either.
Sharpie Fetish
Apsolute bollocks what has this country come to?
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(Mek-Izzle @ Jan 23 2008, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1388757[/snapback]
It's almost as if they're doing it on purpose. Just to stir up more resentment towards muslims.

Why do they only talk about muslims, what about jews? They don't like Pig either.

The thing is that jews don't bitch about shit like this, they care more about things like religious matters, holiday traditions and shit like that. They wouldn't give a flying fuck if anyone would name a teddy bear mozes or abraham, or even if a toy pig would be named that (well some strict idiots might jump up but it won't be as massive as it was with the mohammed bear)
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jan 24 2008, 02:39 AM) [snapback]1388940[/snapback]
guys.. they aren't even zombies.. they take the blood out and put extremely cold water into the body, to "suspend" the body for a certain amount of time.. then they take the water out and put blood back in...

Haven't you ever heard of victims who have fallen into ponds covered in ice, they were clinically dead, but when they warmed up they woke up?

you DO need to get banned v.gif
wrong thread
Skinny†
It's like a few years ago here in Australia, Musslims didn't want us putting up christmas decorations because it was 'offensive' because they don't belive in it. We don't tell them not to celebrate because we don't agree it's what fucking Australia/democracy is about. They are under the impression they are the only religion. Fuck them.

The three little pigs? this is just taking it too far. I wonder who they give these fucking jobs to?
asthenia
I worked in a muslim company for two years, and what pisses me off about them is the fact that once you've gotten through all the relgious baggage that comes with them, SOME of them aren't too bad. Although on the other hand we had more than one case of sexual assault, and from my position I could see right into my managers office, so when it was reported I saw the laughs come from the management, made me feel sick to my fucking stomach that they can sit around and take the piss all day. Recently they sacked a muslim girl for stealing some cash from cashpoint, no proof, and didn't question the muslim male that worked in there..

..So, I'm just gonna climb out of this hole I've just dug myself, anyone got a ladder?

Seriously, I'm not racist. I just point things out.
Pieface
QUOTE(AstheniA @ Feb 17 2008, 02:56 AM) [snapback]1394221[/snapback]
I worked in a muslim company for two years, and what pisses me off about them is the fact that once you've gotten through all the relgious baggage that comes with them, SOME of them aren't too bad. Although on the other hand we had more than one case of sexual assault, and from my position I could see right into my managers office, so when it was reported I saw the laughs come from the management, made me feel sick to my fucking stomach that they can sit around and take the piss all day. Recently they sacked a muslim girl for stealing some cash from cashpoint, no proof, and didn't question the muslim male that worked in there..

..So, I'm just gonna climb out of this hole I've just dug myself, anyone got a ladder?

Seriously, I'm not racist. I just point things out.

How do you know they had no proof? They could have and just don't want to exactly tell the whole company, I mean there not gonna say "We have no proof but you stole money, your sacked."
I Made Your Mom In GMod
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jan 23 2008, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1388742[/snapback]
QUOTE(Austin @ Jan 23 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1388739[/snapback]

Apparently the story is offensive and racist towards Muslims because of the use of pigs :lol: I didn't know whether to cry or laugh when reading that article.. this is the way UK is going. Again I doubt a Muslim has expressed anger at the use of pigs.. it will be some clueless idiots who are afraid it might offend them.

The people who think that it is offence are clearly racist themselves, I mean who gets these fucking job, stupid labour government.

Seconded.
If this country gets any worse I'm just going to frigging move.
Handsome B Wonderful
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Jan 24 2008, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1389066[/snapback]
It's like a few years ago here in Australia, Musslims didn't want us putting up christmas decorations because it was 'offensive' because they don't belive in it. We don't tell them not to celebrate because we don't agree it's what fucking Australia/democracy is about. They are under the impression they are the only religion. Fuck them.

I can't recall the Australian Islamic community overly complaining about how we celebrate christmas, easter etc. Certainly no more than any other religious minority. I'd say the majority of criticism of Christian celebrations and such in Australia comes from atheists. But they aren't "teh evil terrorists omg!11", so they get labelled "annoying prats" instead of "invasive terrorists who want to surprise sex our women".

Anyway...

The judges also attacked Three Little Cowboy Builders for offending builders.
They also warned that the story might "alienate parts of the workforce (building trade)".

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, the builders are the new emos, don't you know? They'll start crying at the drop of a hard hat. Boom Boom Tish!

No seriously, anyway...

I live in a town with a very small Islamic community, and we still go out of our way to make sure we don't offend muslims (well, not me), so i can't imagine what it's like over there. Protest curry and get back at them if that makes you happy.
Skinny†
I'd say the majority of criticism of Christian celebrations and such in Australia comes from atheists.

Actualy, every athiest I know celebrates christmas.
Amis
Today Three little pigs, tomorrow Winnie The Pooh, it has a pig in it.
Indy
tbh, i know of no muslim who takes offence to the 3 little pigs story or christmas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.