Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 14 year old girl stabbed
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Rae-Moh
A grade nine girl at my school was stabbed on New Years Day. I wasn't really a friend of hers, but I went to her memorial today with people who were close to her, and got the story and the (unreleased) names of the accused from people who were close friends with her, and I even know people who are testifying in court. It's really quite disturbing.

A 14-year-old-girl killed on New Year's Day has been identified by Toronto police as Stefanie Rengel, the daughter and stepdaughter of two veteran Toronto police officers.

Under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, her identity had to be shielded from the public.

However, Rengel's parents consented Thursday to release their daughter's name and photo.

In an online memorial on Facebook, Rengel's stepmother Maureen expressed her grief.

"Your Dad and I are missing you terribly. Our world will never be the same. We love you so very much and don't know how we will ever go on … Know that both your parents, and brother were by your side at the hospital."
Continue Article

She also urged anyone with information to talk to police, and called for changes to the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

"We want these monsters to be tried as adults for first-degree murder. Take this to your local politician and fight," she wrote.
All three teens knew each other: police

Rengel was identified just hours after two teens facing first-degree murder charges in connection with Rengel's slaying appeared in a Toronto court on Thursday for a bail hearing.

The teens — a 17-year-old male and a 15-year-old female — were arrested on Wednesday not far from where Rengel was found stabbed.

the rest of the story...
Iced Coke
Honestly, thats not disturbing. Any UK residents will say the same, we have countless stories of 12 year old kids getting shot dead, kicked to death and having the events filmed on their phones. A stabbing isn't really anything to get upset about. I mean sure, she still died but was just a stabbing. =/
Kamahl
QUOTE(Iced Coke @ Jan 5 2008, 04:38 AM) [snapback]1384445[/snapback]
Honestly, thats not disturbing. Any UK residents will say the same, we have countless stories of 12 year old kids getting shot dead, kicked to death and having the events filmed on their phones. A stabbing isn't really anything to get upset about. I mean sure, she still died but was just a stabbing. =/

just because your country is fucked up doesn't mean it's not disturbing...
gingergenius
people get stabbed in my city all the time. but still, hard luck on the 14 yeare old.
Rae-Moh
she got stabbed in the stomach and bled out in a snow bank. the guy who stabbed her was her ex boyfriend, who was influenced by a girl he wanted to date (she was extremely jealous) to stab her. So there was no reason for any of it to happen, it was just a really jealous 15 year old and a dumb oaf 17 year old who thought he was so in love with this girl and wanted to do anything to get her.

Our youth justice system is making it extremely difficult for the two to be tried as adults, even though it's obvious both should be.

of course it's not disturbing. you people are so fucking desensitized.
Mad Space Ghost
I'll agree with you Rae-Moh,

It is disturbing in the fact that it could of been prevented and it certainly didn't have to happen.
But it just goes to show the gullibitly of men and how though process is clearly clouded by promises of getting some hot loli pussy.

What makes it most disturbing is that it's mostly a case of jealously when they girl who most likely persuaded the 17 year old male to kill the girl was just jealous of the girl for some reason. JEALOUSLY, a reason for this young girl to be stabbed to death. On top of that it happened in Canada, and all canadian puns aside, canada doesnt really have that high of a crime rate concerning murder and violence which shocks me.

On top of all else what makes it most disturbing to Rae-Moh is that this act of senseless murder happened very close to her and happened in her own hood and school, which is just fucked up. Although i had a kid stabbed in my school he didn't die and it turned out to be a conspiracy. Anywho, best of luck Rae-Moh and hopefully the authoritys get this resolved.

coreyko_2003
Its unfortunate but it doesn't surprise me one bit. Worse shit happens in Iraq everyday.
Mad Space Ghost
Yea but the shocking thing about this situation, is that it happened in a country with relaitivly low thing of violence and killings.

This was a obvious senseless killing with no really hardcore reason other then one girl being a stuck up prissy cunt whos jealous.
Rae-Moh
I get why people would think it's not disturbing compared to a war and whatnot, but I went to the girls memorial yesterday, and seeing hundreds of people on the street, putting candles in the snowbank she died on was a really thought-provoking environment. I've seen and heard of other stuff like this happening in this city, and never really thought about it as much, but when you know who it is, when you have friends next to you crying their eyes out, and when you know there really is nothing to the story other than a psychotic jealous bitch and an extremely dumb oaf, I guess you'd start to see it differently, too.
gingergenius
QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 5 2008, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1384548[/snapback]
I get why people would think it's not disturbing compared to a war and whatnot, but I went to the girls memorial yesterday, and seeing hundreds of people on the street, putting candles in the snowbank she died on was a really thought-provoking environment. I've seen and heard of other stuff like this happening in this city, and never really thought about it as much, but when you know who it is, when you have friends next to you crying their eyes out, and when you know there really is nothing to the story other than a psychotic jealous bitch and an extremely dumb oaf, I guess you'd start to see it differently, too.

I get what you're saying but people in London get stabbed for stuff as minor as being in the wrong postcode or just not cooperating with muggers. We had 30 teenagers at least stabbed to death or shot last year and that doesn't mention any adults. We've already had 4 or 5 in the last few days since New Year. And also some old fathers are getting stabbed just for telling youths to pick up litter.

Only last night I got banged horribly by some guy and later on that night he bottled someone. Lucky that wasn't me.
Iced Coke
Yeah, new years eve/day several 14-15 year olds attacked and killed some man didn't they? I understand where Rae-moh is saying its "disturbing" since she sorta knew her, but by the media/crime standards its hardly disturbing.
Obama
my friend got stabbed in the chest last year for banging one of his other "friends" girlfriends. he didn't die but it punctured his lung. he says that he pulled the knife out of his own chest and chased the kid that stabbed him down the street with it (probably bullshit). but a few days ago a kid stabbed his moms boyfriend to death a few blocks away from my house. and one of my friends was walking in the street the other day and he was stopped by a cop and searched for weapons. lot of stabbings in my town.
Rae-Moh
QUOTE(Iced Coke @ Jan 5 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1384562[/snapback]
Yeah, new years eve/day several 14-15 year olds attacked and killed some man didn't they? I understand where Rae-moh is saying its "disturbing" since she sorta knew her, but by the media/crime standards its hardly disturbing.

Well i dunno what kind of fucked up cities you guys live in, but here, by our media/crime standards, it's extremely disturbing and there's been a lot of attention given to it in the past few days, and i'm sure it will continue, as her funeral was today.

i guess what sort of sets this apart from a lot of the things you've all been mentioning ("We had 30 teenagers at least stabbed to death or shot last year and that doesn't mention any adults.") is the area. We have a lot of unreported deaths like that, shootings and stabbings that don't really get as much attention, but often it has to do with the area of the city or the people involved. where it was is considered a good neighbourhood, the girl wasn't involved in anything that would have led to this just being any ordinary teen stabbing. it was just out of the blue because of a jealous bitch.
Mad Space Ghost
Thats because you live in Canada, dear.

Your crime rate is very low compared to that of the USA and London alone.
Skinny 
Well, I live in Sydney and we have a high brake in rate but not a very high murder rate compared to London, but I still here about alot of people not to far from me getting stabed and the only thing that shocks me about this is that she's inocent. A lot of women get stabed round here but they are usualy hookers or chavvets of some kind.
*** OG LoC ***
Damn that sucksss. But if you think thats disturbing, last year on my avenue a 10 year old girl got a knife to her throat and she was just innocently walking down the block, but she wasnt killed.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 5 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1384498[/snapback]
she got stabbed in the stomach and bled out in a snow bank. the guy who stabbed her was her ex boyfriend, who was influenced by a girl he wanted to date (she was extremely jealous) to stab her. So there was no reason for any of it to happen, it was just a really jealous 15 year old and a dumb oaf 17 year old who thought he was so in love with this girl and wanted to do anything to get her.

Our youth justice system is making it extremely difficult for the two to be tried as adults, even though it's obvious both should be.

Won't argue with you there. Two of my close friends have died in the last 4 years, one was stabbed. I see some pretty horrific things whenever my education requires a spell in A&E. Rhys Jones was shot, Madeline McCann abducted (or something), and people implausably continue to elect George W Bush. It's hard to spare a thought for a poor, probably innocent girl losing her life.
TwoFacedTanner
[youtube]8yBD19v74Aw[/youtube]

Would that be her?

Thats really sad I must admit.
Rae-Moh
yeah, that video is one of the billions that have been made.

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Jan 11 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1385796[/snapback]
QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 5 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1384498[/snapback]

Won't argue with you there. Two of my close friends have died in the last 4 years, one was stabbed. I see some pretty horrific things whenever my education requires a spell in A&E. Rhys Jones was shot, Madeline McCann abducted (or something), and people implausably continue to elect George W Bush. It's hard to spare a thought for a poor, probably innocent girl losing her life.

knowing you,
i'm not really sure what to make of this.
(that doesn't make a lot of sense really. but it does.)
I don't really see what you're getting at...
Iced Coke
She means she's pissed someone she knows and likes is disagreeing with her. or something, fuck knows. She is a woman after all.
Bong Hitter
world is a hard place to live.. thats why im floating up in the clouds.
Ruger
That's not really that disturbing. It's sad but I believe you are overreacting.

Here, people have no regard for human life. It's not really like manhunt type killings but there were like 15 murders in one week last year... this one guy killed 5 teenagers over a drug deal... the main city and the metro area cities are at war right now... a stabbing of a 14 year old girl wouldn't make the newspaper.
Skinny 
Are some off you saying that because it happens all the time that it isn't disturbing?

By this logic; surprise sex and torture are not disturbing. So if they're not what is?
Don Leone
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Jan 5 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1384446[/snapback]

The UK is not 'fucked up' thank you very much. Like in other Western countries, especially the US, most of these killings are done by, and between, gangs, often of minority status. People seem to forget that London is absolutely huge, and with so many different ethnic groups squahed into it, there's undoubtebly going to be a large number of gang-related crimes. It's, as usual, a question of status; almost all of the teenagers stabbed or those who have stabbed others are from poor backgrounds. Canada is primarily a prosperous country with far less variation in race, religion, etc..., and so the crime rate is less. Fortunately, I live in a white, middle-class neighbourhood in the suburbs.
QUOTE(Don Leone @ Feb 7 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]1392415[/snapback]

The UK is not 'fucked up' thank you very much. Like in other Western countries, especially the US, most of these killings are done by, and between, gangs, often of minority status. People seem to forget that London is absolutely huge, and with so many different ethnic groups squahed into it, there's undoubtebly going to be a large number of gang-related crimes. It's, as usual, a question of status; almost all of the teenagers stabbed or those who have stabbed others are from poor backgrounds. Canada is primarily a prosperous country with far less variation in race, religion, etc..., and so the crime rate is less. Fortunately, I live in a white, middle-class neighbourhood in the suburbs.
I'm told Toronto is the most diverse city in the western world.
Rae-Moh
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 10 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1393014[/snapback]
QUOTE(Don Leone @ Feb 7 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]1392415[/snapback]

I'm told Toronto is the most diverse city in the western world.

i'm not sure
but white people are definitely a minority here.

if anybody bothered to read anything, it wasn't gang related whatsoever, and i'm well aware there's plenty of gang violence that would make it seem insignificant, but in my opinion, it is disturbing because of the people involved, which maybe nobody got.

my comment about mello's thing about his not even thinking twice didn't really have anything to do with me being surprised. i meant cause i know him, it's hard to say what i make of it.

anyway.
yeah. my city is diverse, as is the whole country, actually. way to pass judgment.
Bain
Kids do the darnedest things.
Thrilla in Manila
what's the deal with people in the U.K. and people getting stabbed?

It seems like any old body from america can go to U.K. and take over... they'll be like "I'm gonna cut you up mate" and dude is gonna have like a bullet proof vest and a m-4 and just straight run through people
The_Technician
I'm only 16, and while i live in Australia, i was born in Birmingham, UK.
i still stay in touch with most of my friends over there, as i want to go back when i'm 18.

this isn't a bad story really, only in the fact that she was a defenceless girl against an older (so presumably stronger) boy. as i said, i'm 16 and i've already had two friends been stabbed to death back home in England.

the thing that pisses me off is that one of them was just an 'initiation killing' and had never done anything to anyone.

QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 6 2008, 05:02 AM) [snapback]1384498[/snapback]
she got stabbed in the stomach and bled out in a snow bank.

There you go...the cold snow would have helped numb the pain.

QUOTE(Rae-Moh @ Jan 6 2008, 05:02 AM) [snapback]1384498[/snapback]
the guy who stabbed her was her ex boyfriend, who was influenced by a girl he wanted to date (she was extremely jealous) to stab her.

whipped.

lol
Skinny 
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 3 2008, 07:36 AM) [snapback]1404679[/snapback]

It seems like any old body from america can go to U.K. and take over... they'll be like "I'm gonna cut you up mate" and dude is gonna have like a bullet proof vest and a m-4 and just straight run through people

What the fuck are you talking about?
The_Technician

not especially. a knife and bullet proof vest can be hard to come by, whereas knife crime in the UK is insanley high.

just last year the son of an african dictator (can't remember his name, he was featured in 'the last king of scotland') was arrested when a pack of almost 70 black males aged 13-30 gang-stabbed a single boy in London (i think). one guy with a clip of M4 ammo can't defend himself agaisnt that.
Don Leone
QUOTE(The_Technician @ Apr 3 2008, 06:30 AM) [snapback]1404823[/snapback]

not especially. a knife and bullet proof vest can be hard to come by, whereas knife crime in the UK is insanley high.

But what the news stations are afraid to admit is that almost all of the UK teen stabbings are performed by poor, inner city black gang members, which unfortunately is spread to include all of us teens. I can't say i've ever seen or heard a stabbing in my area.
BASE-RACE
in NZ some dude and his mates used his 7 month daughter as a rag doll.... that is disturbing ..... there was a programme on about true child abuse stories.. it was sad and i still remember as a child watching it.... but yeah sad for the twelve year old ...." but to be taken from a hell such as this, is a blessing" haha emo talk
Ophis-
Knife crime isnt that bad. Its higher here in the uk then most places, but its not ridiculously high. If guns were still legal then i bet you there would be less knife crime and more gun crime... I bet if you took guns away from the Americans then they would have a high stab count.. more so then us in the UK have.

I'm from Greater Manchester, which probably isn't as bad as Greater London, but their is a news report about some sort of Gun related crime more then knifes ever come up. :S
The_Technician
No offence to you, Daz, but in January i went to Manchester to take a tour of Old Trafford, and it didnt seem the nicest place to be...

QUOTE(Don Leone @ Apr 6 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]1406312[/snapback]
But what the news stations are afraid to admit is that almost all of the UK teen stabbings are performed by poor, inner city black gang members, which unfortunately is spread to include all of us teens. I can't say i've ever seen or heard a stabbing in my area.

In birmingham we have idiots like the Burger Bar Boys from handsworth, the BBB youth (Badder bar boys) and some other gangs, i think ones called the 'Johnson boys'. they just run around stabbing shit a lot..

although the BBB are mostly around Handsworth. again, not a nice place.
Ophis-
QUOTE(The_Technician @ Apr 9 2008, 06:52 AM) [snapback]1407811[/snapback]
No offence to you, Daz, but in January i went to Manchester to take a tour of Old Trafford, and it didnt seem the nicest place to be...

QUOTE(Don Leone @ Apr 6 2008, 09:23 PM) [snapback]1406312[/snapback]

In birmingham we have idiots like the Burger Bar Boys from handsworth, the BBB youth (Badder bar boys) and some other gangs, i think ones called the 'Johnson boys'. they just run around stabbing shit a lot..

although the BBB are mostly around Handsworth. again, not a nice place.

Oh, none taken, Old Trafford is a rough place. Just the other month there was a 20yo shot dead just up the road from the stadium. I live on the Stretford side of OT though, its past the ground and over a bit of a bridge, much nicer area compared to OT. Still wouldn't advise outsiders to wonder the streets alone at night though. In fact, i wouldn't advise anyone where ever you are in Manchester to so that.

I love the fact they call themselves "Burger Bar Boys" i've heard story's of these 'kids' before. You would think they would have came up with a better name right? I get the image of angry pissed off fat kids with knifes when i hear BBB. Manchesters main 2 gangs are Gooch and rivals Doddington... Gooch being the most infamous (Moss Side based) and probably the gang who coursed city to gain the nickname Gunchester.

It's all fucked up if you ask me. Don't let that stop you coming to Manchester though, everything happens well into the early hours of the night. I've never seen or heard of any violence in the day.
The_Technician
hmm, the BBB is a funny name...until they come running at you with machetes that is biggrin.gif

i was in handsworth not long ago, picking up my 6 year old cousin from school. i was walking down the street and there was a bunch of teens (mostly arabs) were stood outside the school gates, with AK-47's a scimitars stenciled onto their jackets. it looked as though they were dealing, and as there were about 10 of them i decided it would be better to keep walking.

but i dont agree with gangs hanging outside primary schools, no matter where you are.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Daz @ Apr 9 2008, 01:57 AM) [snapback]1407410[/snapback]
Knife crime isnt that bad. Its higher here in the uk then most places, but its not ridiculously high. If guns were still legal then i bet you there would be less knife crime and more gun crime... I bet if you took guns away from the Americans then they would have a high stab count.. more so then us in the UK have.

Well, here in Sydney guns aren't legal and we have even more minority grups here and knife crime isn't as high as it is in the UK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.