Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tattoos
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Marneyo Juano
I know i'm probably gonna be sorry for that in 20 years from now, but I really wanna get myself a tattoo.
It's probably the "teen stupidity" period where I wanna do things like other people to look cool or something..but I just can't get over thinking about a tattoo.
Altho my parents aren't gonna be happy with it, they're gonna get used to it and aren't gonna treat me like i'm not their son anymore like some parents do...
Anyways, I was thinking about getting a pretty small one and with no super special meaning about my family or something, just a tat to look nice and small, probably on my shoulder or the back of my shoulder.

So.. suggestions/thoughts/advices
koneko
tats are addictive, don't get one unless you know you can get just one and something that ages well... faces tend to distort as the skin stretches, etc.
ask around, find a reputable tattoo parlour, and set up an appointment to discuss your options with one of the artists. any decent tattoo artist will not push you to get art unless you truly want it.
Obama
i wanna get one/some soon. i was thinking the hitman barcode. but fuckin everyone has them now. anyone know how much you gotta fork out for something basic like a 5 or 6 letter word written in gothic font or something?
koneko
generally they charge by letter, depends on the font size, placement, and style. also depends if you want colour, which i strongly advise against.
FuddMan
If you can't think of what you want to get done don't get one. Wait until you get some kind of inspiration, or go in and tell the tattooist the sort of thing you're looking for (like what kind of message you're looking to send with it) and they can draw up some pretty awesome designs... but for goodness sake don't pop in and choose one you like the look of a first glance, they always end up getting covered over within a few years.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(CrudLife @ Dec 28 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]1383159[/snapback]
i wanna get one/some soon. i was thinking the hitman barcode. but fuckin everyone has them now. anyone know how much you gotta fork out for something basic like a 5 or 6 letter word written in gothic font or something?

Get CrudLife in gothic letters!
Obama
QUOTE(Recruit CyanTist @ Dec 28 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]1383164[/snapback]
QUOTE(CrudLife @ Dec 28 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]1383159[/snapback]

Get CrudLife in gothic letters!

true dat. can you get the palms of your hands tattooed?
FuddMan
You can get tattoos done anywhere =/
Marneyo Juano
No, I'm not gonna get addicted to tattoos or get one that is gonna get distorted over time as my skin changes.
Neither am I going to get some tat I like at first glance...I'm gonna give it alot of thought about how it looks and what it means before I'm getting one.
koneko
a few suggestions:

-don't get words. if you must send a message, do so with an abstract symbol like a triskele or something.
-that said, do some research. "abstract" designs often have meanings associated with them, so don't be an idiot.
-get something that you can cover up for formal occasions. stuff on your palms is great, but not for your first tat.
-if the artist you see pushes art on you for any reason, don't go back. wait and find someone who values their work enough that they care about it.
-when they place the stencil, really look at it before you give the ok. see what it does when you stretch/twist/etc. also, don't feel bad about insisting on having it perfect, even if it means he has to place it ten times. a few minutes' inconvenience is worth it for something that will last forever.
-if you think you have a cool idea, get an artistic friend to sharpie it on you. may sound gay, but it's actually a good way to see how you'll like it if you're having doubts and it comes off with rubbing alcohol.
Napoleon.
Get an arrow pointing to your ass that says "Two-Way Traffic" over it
Obama
now im thinking of a little smiley face on my middle finger smile.gif but the have a nice day one with the bigger eyes. something small. i could cover it with a ring for job interviews etc. i cant see any harm in getting it LOL. anyone else think that would be funny? my dad and grandfather both have tattoos on their arms of chicks that they can make dance. and my dad has one where it looks like his skin is ripped and there is the terminator skeleton underneath.
RagingTurtle
Basically, get something you will be able to live with for the rest of your life, choose something that reflects you as a person (your interests,..etc) and give it months of thought is a good idea as well, cause it might just be a phase and you might regret it should you go and get something.

It's all down to you at the end of the day, i got mine done on a walk-in, showed the guy what i wanted and off he went.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2561/dsc003571bd0.jpg

They are fairly addictive, i was getting this on Saturday but some things came up and it's getting pushed back alittle.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8898/tatoo2.jpg

pimpin
I see what your saying about not being able to stop about the thought of having something.
Like for the past week I had this urge for a cell phone. So I went out and bought one.
I guess You think about whether or not this tattoo is really worth it, becuase you will be stuck with for your life.
I can see now my cell was not really worth it, I guess its just one of those things thats gets under skin and you gotta have it and regret it later ?.
Napoleon.
tats are addictive

Pff, says the person who dresses in leather and whips peoples asses just to see it bleed

Please input Contructive posts, also on stay on topic.
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(Napoleon. @ Dec 29 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1383209[/snapback]
tats are addictive

Pff, says the person who dresses in leather and whips peoples asses just to see it bleed

Actually she's the one who likes GETTING whipped.
and I don't see what does it have to do with tats being addictive..
I mean I see where that's coming from, you get something and you like the feeling of having it and want to get another one and another one cause it feels good...totally unexplainable, kinda like I used to be addicted to sneaking out of school by climbing up the fence and hanging out with friends. just cause of the feeling 0_o
anyways yeah, thanks for the advices, I am going to give it a lot of thought, and yesterday I was discussing it with a guy i know that reads psychology books and knows what the meanings of some tats are...so guess I'm not just gonna get some tribal painting with a cool shape or something, I'm gonna look up and see what tat fits me with it's meaning..
anyone has any sites that have the meanings of tattoos?
Napoleon.
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Dec 29 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1383225[/snapback]
QUOTE(Napoleon. @ Dec 29 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1383209[/snapback]
tats are addictive

Actually she's the one who likes GETTING whipped.
and I don't see what does it have to do with tats being addictive..
I mean I see where that's coming from, you get something and you like the feeling of having it and want to get another one and another one cause it feels good...totally unexplainable, kinda like I used to be addicted to sneaking out of school by climbing up the fence and hanging out with friends. just cause of the feeling 0_o
anyways yeah, thanks for the advices, I am going to give it a lot of thought, and yesterday I was discussing it with a guy i know that reads psychology books and knows what the meanings of some tats are...so guess I'm not just gonna get some tribal painting with a cool shape or something, I'm gonna look up and see what tat fits me with it's meaning..
anyone has any sites that have the meanings of tattoos?

get one that can be covered because I've gone to a lot of job interviews and a lot of people said "no visible tats or anything?". You'll have to cover em up for a job some time in the future so give that some thought
Marneyo Juano
Well i consider doing it either on my chest, my shoulder or the back of my shoulder. Maybe on the arm but that's highly not likely
Sharpie Fetish
Get one like that guy off american history x
Marneyo Juano
would you people stop talking about AhX when you're talking about me?
Cyan, crud, NOW WHO?
Beside's I don't know how it looks, and the meaning is probably way out of my range.
Obama
LOL
Marneyo Juano
After reviewing some sites and talking to friends, I've decided one of those:
A wolf (faithfulness)
Spiderweb (Denial of estabilished order) I'll probably get this anyway as a background with another tat
Snake (temptation, knowldege and wisdom)
Skull (courage [as in when someone fucks with you you don't hesitate to punch him for any small thing whoever it is)
Lion (might, bravery, wisdom)

That is all for now, I might look into other symbols other than animal-related.
Again, does anyone have any links?

Under the animal tat, i'm getting my name in runes.
This will surely suit me for the rest of my life.
Obama
mabey music lyrics written in a foreign language. lyrics of a good song of course. i see why people get addicted to tattoos now
Marneyo Juano
No, not lyrics, if those lyrics suit me now, my lifestlyle is most likely going to change alot in the next 10 years, so they're not going to suit me for a long time, unlike personal qualities which aren't likely to change alot.
Also, the reason I want to get a tattoo with my name written in runes, is because runes were used by vikings, and I have a distant relation to the vikings aswell as my name being a viking name or derived from one.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Recruit CyanTist @ Dec 30 2007, 08:25 AM) [snapback]1383328[/snapback]
Get one like that guy off american history x

It'd be fucking funny having a Swastika on my chest for about...a week, then I'd regret it.

Get it >_>
Marneyo Juano
come on dammit im being serious about this. I am going to get a spiderweb for sure. but i want something on top of it.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Dec 30 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1383467[/snapback]
come on dammit im being serious about this. I am going to get a spiderweb for sure. but i want something on top of it.

Um a spider?

if you get a skull some can look really shitty and some look really good normally when people get one it is rarely the latter
Marneyo Juano
I looked at the spider meaning and it doesn't really suit me iirc.
Skull looks really like i'm some punk/goth wannabe or whatever, and nobody would probably get the meaning except for very few people that know meanings of tats.

Spiderweb in the background, lion or wolf.
Darth Sexy
I wouldn't mind a tattoo of King Diamond on my arm. But....no, I don't want it that badly. Or a tattoo of me. That'd own.
koneko
I know someone who has the word "forever" tattoed on his chest, and he uses temps to fill in his gfs' names. He says when/if he ever gets married he'll get her name done permanent.
Marneyo Juano
hah, that's a nice idea of your friend's. But I'm not into that.

I meant something like more symbolic that would represent me / my natural qualties and such...Still thinking about the spiderweb and wolf face, would try to shoop something like that, let's see how it comes out.
koneko
omg you should get a tat of jesus christ on a pogo stick
Marneyo Juano
how about jesus christ crucified on the pogo stick? the shape fits...

Anyways I played around in photoshop and came up with this:
The spiderweb isn't the one I wanted, mine would be wider and have a lil different cell shape, but eh just to get the idea:

Also, I thought of the wolf not just being on top of the spiderweb but kinda breaking through it, coming from behind it tearing it apart, to symbolize breaking through the authorities and laws and becoming free..sth along these lines.
koneko
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1685762

get it.
Marneyo Juano
Yeah I'll get it maybe one day when i'll get bored as fuck

Good news tho, I visited a tattoo parlour and asked about the cost of a custom made tattoo, and the maximum price was half of what I've expected it to be.
Whoooooo.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Jan 6 2008, 11:11 AM) [snapback]1384740[/snapback]

Good news tho, I visited a tattoo parlour and asked about the cost of a custom made tattoo, and the maximum price was half of what I've expected it to be.
Whoooooo.

What did the price come up to?
*** OG LoC ***
Damn, i cant wait to get my tattoo i ahve always wanted it since i was like 7-8 years old. I want to get a like mean muggin face on my foreskin. I dont care how bad it will hurt, it will be worth it!
koneko
dude it would be so pimp if you got the inside of your mouth tattooed

...put fish in you mouth?
coreyko_2003
QUOTE(koneko @ Jan 7 2008, 12:04 AM) [snapback]1384944[/snapback]

XD.png

That got me thinking. Someone should get the word "Fish" tattooed on the innerpart of their bottom lip..........then they'd always have fish in their mouth sleep.gif
*** OG LoC ***
QUOTE(koneko @ Jan 6 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]1384944[/snapback]

QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Jan 6 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1384946[/snapback]

XD.png

That got me thinking. Someone should get the word "Fish" tattooed on the innerpart of their bottom lip..........then they'd always have fish in their mouth sleep.gif

Hmmm, or it would be cool to have a zebra tongue but I like my foreskin idea better.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Jan 5 2008, 06:21 AM) [snapback]1384454[/snapback]
how about jesus christ crucified on the pogo stick? the shape fits...

Anyways I played around in photoshop and came up with this:
The spiderweb isn't the one I wanted, mine would be wider and have a lil different cell shape, but eh just to get the idea:

No offense but that shit looks retarded.
I laughed out loud when I saw that...so stupid...a wolf on a spider web?

My friend wanted to get the fiend skull tattooed on his arm, with "Go Where Eagles Dare" above it.

That would be some awesome stuff.
Then he could be in the fiend club.
I think I'll take that idea from him if I ever decide to get one.
Marneyo Juano
Yeah now that I look at that it does, I just put two pics together in photoshop, actually the thing I have in mind are completley different from that...
Thing is that this tattoo has a meaning to me, I didn't choose it just to look nice on me like alot of ppl do.
koneko
QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Jan 7 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1384946[/snapback]

XD.png

Yes. Someone should.
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Jan 7 2008, 07:20 AM) [snapback]1384932[/snapback]
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Jan 6 2008, 11:11 AM) [snapback]1384740[/snapback]

Whoooooo.

What did the price come up to?

100-250 $
Harrop
I've got 3 tattoos but I'm getting one of them lasered off at the minute because it was a stupid scally tattoo that I got when I was like 17 and at the time thought it was a good idea and now I don't lol. The other 2 are good though especially the one on my back. I use Louis Molloy, David Beckhams tattoo artist.

I've spent like 750 on mine, quite alot of money when you think about it as its only ink lol.
bOnEs
i got 3 tats too...

i got some little design i came up with when i was 16 and got it on the front of my left forearm... twas my first one and was done by a crappy tattoo artist laugh.gif... i've been meaning to get it redone by someone better one of these days... or covered up with this awesome snake wrapped around a tribal S i drew years ago...

on my upper right arm, i have the japanese symbol for "LIFE/BIRTH"... nothing to explain there...

on my right shin, i got a broken skull with tribal flames on top of it... one of my friends drew it for me... it's badass...

i've been wanting to get more and more tats but, money is too tight right now...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Napoleon. @ Dec 28 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1383183[/snapback]
Get an arrow pointing to your ass that says "Two-Way Traffic" over it

ROFL.
PabloHoneyOle
I want a nice chest tattoo. I'm thinking:
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 29 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]1470175[/snapback]

"YOU SEE THIS?!?! THAT'S MEANS YOUR NOT WELCOMED!!"
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(turd burglar @ Oct 29 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]1470184[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 29 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]1470175[/snapback]

"YOU SEE THIS?!?! THAT'S MEANS YOUR NOT WELCOMED!!"

THEY JUST COULDN'T STAY ON THE FUCKING BASKETBALL PITCH

I want a Che Guevara one not a shitty one a good one

These are shitty in the worst possible ways
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:3ctyBw...0d1f38189_o.jpg

No dynamic pages allowed sorry you'll just have to click it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.