Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battle of Kosovo
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Amis
According to news, BBC, CNN, the media in general and past history, the situation in Kosovo is about to broke loose, since Kosovo wants independence and Serbia wants to keep it as part of itself. Russia backs Serbia, while the West backs Kosovo. Seems like ideal spark for WW III to me.

Russia on the other hand has pulled off from various arms restriction pacts, and "will answer the call to move its arms to western border if it is being threated, but only then". This means probably that if those radars are placed in Poland and Czech republic, Russia is going to put few more missiles near european border, and maybe even in Kaliningrad region.

NATO will stay in Kosovo for now, until Q1 2008 atleast, if Kosovo declares independece, there might be conflicts in that area. Also, if one nation attacks NATO country it attacks whole NATO, and if Russia backs Serbia, then Russia might attack NATO too, and the Baltic countries are NATO countries, wich were former Soviet Republics, so Russia might want to get them back under Moscow's command.

Then as the Baltic countries are also EU countries, the attack would affect the whole European Union, and economy would probably drop dramatically, big riots in everywhere around Europe, and chaos. Millions of people would suffer for the lack of food, and water.

Over 20,000,000 would die within months. And the whole Europe would be doomed. It would be year 1939 again, but with worse results.

So, all europeans out there, watch out for war, enjoy these last days, the end might become sooner than you think... or not?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think about situation in Kosovo?
0bs3n3
Stupid Serbians, already started one war (WWI) and now want to kick off another.
Mekstizzle
Why does Serbia want Kosovo so much. It'll turn to the point where things will get so bad it would be more economical to just let it go, if it isn't already. I'm not so well informed on this situation though. That whole region is splitting up into smaller and smaller countries. Heh, Balkanisation.
Heartless
Nothing big will happen in Kosovo. We (Americans) aren't so stupid to think anything we do in those shit-hole countries will change anything. We've been to Kosovo before, just like we went into Mogadishu. And like how we have kept out of Darfur, so too will we stay out of Kosovo.
psionic
QUOTE(Amis @ Dec 7 2007, 09:41 PM) [snapback]1378446[/snapback]
According to news, BBC, CNN, the media in general and past history, the situation in Kosovo is about to broke loose, since Kosovo wants independence and Serbia wants to keep it as part of itself. Russia backs Serbia, while the West backs Kosovo. Seems like ideal spark for WW III to me.

Russia on the other hand has pulled off from various arms restriction pacts, and "will answer the call to move its arms to western border if it is being threated, but only then". This means probably that if those radars are placed in Poland and Czech republic, Russia is going to put few more missiles near european border, and maybe even in Kaliningrad region.

NATO will stay in Kosovo for now, until Q1 2008 atleast, if Kosovo declares independece, there might be conflicts in that area. Also, if one nation attacks NATO country it attacks whole NATO, and if Russia backs Serbia, then Russia might attack NATO too, and the Baltic countries are NATO countries, wich were former Soviet Republics, so Russia might want to get them back under Moscow's command.

Then as the Baltic countries are also EU countries, the attack would affect the whole European Union, and economy would probably drop dramatically, big riots in everywhere around Europe, and chaos. Millions of people would suffer for the lack of food, and water.

Over 20,000,000 would die within months. And the whole Europe would be doomed. It would be year 1939 again, but with worse results.

So, all europeans out there, watch out for war, enjoy these last days, the end might become sooner than you think... or not?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think about situation in Kosovo?

You are overreacting. Russia would never go against it's own interests just to prove something to the rest of the world. There is nothing of value for them in kosovo to produce greater conflict with USA or NATO. They are against NATO spreading towards them, but they can only use political means. Russia left Serbia alone to deal with greater forces too many times in history. We are far from them and so of little interest.

Serbia wants Kosovo because kosovo was part of it untill lots and lots of illegal imigrants from Albania occupied that territory, and serbs were forced to retreat towards central parts ( in the capital mainly ) Serbia sees kosovo as it's birthplace because a lot of historical events took place there, serbian spiritual center was found there... Then the communists came, and gave the autonomy to minority of albanians in kosovo, which lead to forming a state. Same scenario is taking place in Macedonia, Monte Negro etc... leading towards uniting all of albanian territories and uniting them with Albania - so called Big Albania Project.

Serbia choosed bad weapon to deal with the problem and thanks to Milosevic's stupidity, we became aggresors on our own territory. Politics is very tough game, and you have to be very cunning to achieve some goals. Serbia was too pride to be cunning, speaking that it is godly given country and that they are heavenly people (served through media) and were too confident in their war abillities. So they lost all wars they fought. And we were fighting wars of liberation - all of them started long time ago (WW1 maybie even before that) World settled, but balkan was always reffered to as >the gunpowder barrel<

And everybody thinks that it is Serbia's fault. It would be that way in any case - with or without us. Too many nations in too small territory. In between of two great forces - Eastern and Western...

It will remain that way forever. But if it not torn the world apart last few centuries, it will not in the future neither.
Bain
I hope so. I need a job!
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(Bain @ Dec 30 2008, 05:38 AM) [snapback]1477139[/snapback]
I hope so. I need a job!
Dig a hole and refill it.
Bain
Im sorry that jobs reserved for nations who only train with their military.
Skinny 
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 23 2008, 10:48 AM) [snapback]1476173[/snapback]
Russia would never go against it's own interests just to prove something to the rest of the world.

I think this about sums it up. Why spend trillions fighting wars with equally/more powerful nations over a dump like Kosovo?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(Bain @ Jan 14 2009, 06:00 AM) [snapback]1478825[/snapback]
Hoho.

My point, if it isn't obvious, is that war should never be declared to keep people busy. There's something dramatically ironic with your comeback being an imperialist put down.
neko_ceko
Errrrrr...
Didn't Kosovo get independence even before this topic was made?
Bain
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Jan 16 2009, 11:26 AM) [snapback]1479109[/snapback]
QUOTE(Bain @ Jan 14 2009, 06:00 AM) [snapback]1478825[/snapback]
Hoho.

My point, if it isn't obvious, is that war should never be declared to keep people busy. There's something dramatically ironic with your comeback being an imperialist put down.

Lol its too easy to bring out your conceit. Im fucking with you. Do you think I want more American troops at war?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.