Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When did Atheism turn into Christianity#2?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Damian
Jesus Christ, I'm all for people believing in what they want to believe in but Atheists have really started to annoy me. Ok we get it; you don't believe in God, must you always try to beat someone down when they're doing something religious? I was actually in a conversation about something religious with someone and an Atheists jumps in and just tries to persuade me so hardly to not believe it.

I'm only making a big deal about it because it seems like MANY Atheists act like this. They're starting to get worse than some old church going woman with the constant efforts of trying to get people to think like them and to not believe in any God and only Science. I've also noticed that many people become Atheists because maybe they're the ones that are scared that maybe God isn't real and maybe there isn't anything after death. Scary thoughts can really change you. I also noticed that many of just become Atheists because nearly everyone on the Internet is ready to jump down their throat about how Religions are all fake and that science has explanations for everything. Just lost souls, that's what many Atheists are. Atheism is like the new cool thing to be right now or something...

I mean whatís next!?1 A church of Atheism where they all come to keep persuading each other more and more not to follow a religion and to keep faith in Science. In fact....
http://friendlyatheist.com/2007/11/09/firs...rch-of-atheism/
http://www.rationalresponders.com/church_of_atheism

QUOTE(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0 @ 2933,308183,00.html)
[image="left"]http://www.foxnews.com/images/315749/0_61_morris_jonathan2_320_240.jpg[/image]Over the last several years I have had numerous occasions to debate topics of religion and ethics with self-defined atheists. For the most part, my counterparts in these public discussions have been refreshingly rational. They describe how they have come to the intellectual conclusion that God probably does not exist. They are not angry. They are not mean. And like all good truth-seekers, they listen.

But I fear such constructive dialogue is in danger of extinction. Its killers are the promoters of a pseudo-civil rights movement now brewing in our country. The anti-God movement involves vacuuming the world of the outrageous idea ó yes, that slavish, medieval, intolerant, moralistic and paternalistic concept ó that there may be more to reality than what science can explain.

The movement is not agnosticism. Nor is it traditional atheism. It has the feel of a nerdy Woodstock gathering ó a motley crew of social progressives who bind together on the Internet in defense of their own version of dogma. Their creed is two-pronged: 1) all of reality, including every aspect of the human person, is reducible to natural, evolutionary explanations 2) people who disagree with this core belief are a threat to human progress and must be silenced.

Unlike the laid-back hippies of the 70s, the groupies of this new movement are determined to ridicule anyone who thinks differently than they do. They substitute rational discourse with personal attacks. They love straw man arguments.

Last week, for example, I joined Annie Laurie Gaylor of the Freedom from Religion Foundation for a nationally televised discussion about Nicole Kidman's new film, ďThe Golden Compass,Ē to be released in December. It is a cinematic production of the first book of a trilogy for children written by one of England's most well-known atheist authors, Phillip Pullman. Ms. Gaylor immediately focused her attention on sidebar issues, including the intrinsic evil of the Catholic Church, clergy paedophilia and the scourge of religion in general on society.

Click here to see what could have been a constructive debate about Pullman's agenda to sell atheism to kids under the guise of fantasy literature.

The heroes of this movement are not real atheists because science is their God. They place blind faith in its ability to resolve every one of mankind's quandaries. When confronted with realities that seem to fall outside of science's grasp ó like how to explain free will or how and when matter got here in the first place ó ironically, the leaders of this movement become very unscientific. They claim these questions are non-questions because they can't be answered by the only valid source of truth ó Science with a capital ďS.Ē

In the coming months, we will dedicate a considerable amount of space in this column to unmasking this new pseudo-civil rights movement and analyzing the effect it is having on American culture.

They want to start telling Children now that God is not real!? There is barely any fucking child Christianity books why should there be Atheists ones? And what do these people have against God that they now have to make children books to get their point across? I can't believe Fox had the nerve to compare Atheists to the Civil Rights Movements, it are two entirely different things and an insult to the Civil Rights Movement.

QUOTE(http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=4895966&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1)
[image="left"]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6680/athegm7.jpg[/image]ATLANTA (FOX 5) Ė As Metro Atlanta businesses try to build for the future, the Atlanta Regional Commission is working on making that future more water efficient. This week, ARC began work on its 50 year growth plan for the region called "50 Forward." Water use is a major issue in the plan.

"I think the [drought has] helped us to think about and talk about that more explicitly and that means it's probably a good thing," said Tom Weyandt of the ARC.
The commission says developers can do a better job at water efficiency, and that development and economic growth may some day bring to solutions to regional water problems.

"If you think 50 years back, somebody way back there thought about building a dam that's now Buford Dam and created Lake Lanier. They had a big idea that they executed and we need to think about the next round of big ideas," said Weyandt.

One Metro Atlanta city is already celebrating what it considers a success story. East Point gets its water from the shrinking Sweetwater Creek, but is has now reduced its water consumption by 25 percent and has pulled back from what the city considered a critical water situation.

While severe drought conditions continue, in Athens-Clarke County, the University of Georgia may not be putting as big a drain on water as first thought.

Last week, signs were put up at the football stadium at UGA that urged fans to be restrained with their flushing. New figures indicate that the city of Athens is actually using less water this year than it did a year ago, whether the Bulldogs are playing a home or not.

The county said the most of credit to the new figures belongs to the outdoor watering ban.

As the water wars between Georgia, Florida and Alabama intensify, Governor Perdue will face a protest next week when he invites Georgians to pray for rain. Atheist group are planning to picket Perdue's prayer service on Tuesday.

"Let religious leaders call prayer meetings. Let the government work on secular matters, in particular, in this case handling the water management situation," said Steve Yothment of the Atlanta Freethought Society

People can't even have a PRAYER FOR SOMETHING NOW without Atheists coming to call them stupid. Just who do these people think they are now, it is just sickening.

Whether God is real or not, Christianity has saved and changed many lives. Many people have changed their lives by just finding God, and have gone to become quite successful and comfortable with their faith. Why on Earth would you want to stop something like that/be against it?
psychÝ
So you are against people using empirical evidence to base their values on rather than what is clearly just a bunch of made up BS.

What I find more pathetic is these people who only believe half of Christianity, I mean ffs, it is either right or wrong and if you don't believe one bit of it the rest is clearly a bunch of BS too, you can't just mix and match.
Austin
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1374656[/snapback]
So you are against people using empirical evidence to base their values on rather than what is clearly just a bunch of made up BS.

What I find more pathetic is these people who only believe half of Christianity, I mean ffs, it is either right or wrong and if you don't believe one bit of it the rest is clearly a bunch of BS too, you can't just mix and match.

So either all of it is right or all of it is wrong? How the fuck did you get in to Uni?
psychÝ
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 11 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1374671[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1374656[/snapback]

So either all of it is right or all of it is wrong? How the fuck did you get in to Uni?

By learning stuff that was all right and then putting all the right stuff on the exam paper, pretty simple.

And stuff is either all right or wrong, or they don't know and things they don't know about they say they don't, find anywhere in the bible that says it doesn't know anything, I don't think so.

Therefore it must know everything and of course if you knew everything, every concept you came up with would be right as, well for one you would already know it and 2 you would have all the other evidence to back it up.

Therefore if one thing in Christianity is bollocks, and give me any page of the bible and it will all be, then the rest of it is as well.
gingergenius
anyone who is not an atheist is ignorant. fact.
Damian
Lol Psycho, you just ignored the topic and went straight to trying to debunk Christianity. Typical Atheist...
psychÝ
QUOTE(Damian @ Nov 11 2007, 07:36 PM) [snapback]1374676[/snapback]
Lol Psycho, you just ignored the topic and went straight to trying to debunk Christianity. Typical Atheist...

and..................they is cause they are clearly idiots, do you believe in the tooth fairy or santa as it is exactly the same concept, as I have described it many times before it is "socially accepted insanity" I mean is it not insane to say there is a person who can see everything, made everything and for the killer line "is in this very room you just can't see them".

I mean cart them off to the fucking nut house.
Damian
I want everyone to look at psycho, he is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Damian @ Nov 11 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1374679[/snapback]
I want everyone to look at psycho, he is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

So you are now trying to claim what I am saying isn't true, oh wait know like other religious people you can't actually answer the question and are just avoiding the whole idea to keep yourself in your childish mind set.

I mean really god is just like your parents and by the fact that you continue to believe in him you never grow up, to elaborate on this example, what I mean is that you leave home at some point you know longer have that support that if all go to shit you can run home to mummy, you have to sort your problems out yourself, that is strength of conviction to believe in yourself and become strong.
Damian
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1374680[/snapback]

So you are now trying to claim what I am saying isn't true, oh wait know like other religious people you can't actually answer the question and are just avoiding the whole idea to keep yourself in your childish mind set.

lol...seriously. Point out where I said you were wrong. I'm just wondering why you just won't stay on topic. This isn't a freaking "Is God real or not topic". Could you please read the first post, you will have a better understanding of the topic that way.
Indy
No, what he is saying is that all Atheists have to give their opinion on how God doesn't exist even when no-one cares, and you've fallen right into that psycho.
Austin
After reading your post Damian I pretty much agree with everything in it.. I've been saying similar things for years but I always got slapped down by the majority atheist population on most forums I visit.

Most atheists I come across do one thing and one thing only.. berate Christianity and berate it some more.. they have no good arguments against the logic of a creator being existing.. just insults towards Christianity.. because they don't know anything about other religions so that's all they can really do as opposed to not saying anything at all.. apart from spouting their intellectual superiority and hurling insults at anyone who disagrees with them, obviously.

Speaking generally of course.. I have atheists friends who aren't total dickheads on the subject.

And yeah.. psycho is the poster boy for what your post was talking about.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Van Hel Singh @ Nov 11 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1374684[/snapback]
No, what he is saying is that all Atheists have to give their opinion on how God doesn't exist even when no-one cares, and you've fallen right into that psycho.

And i'm proud, wouldn't want ignorance to be spread, All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE(gingergenius @ Nov 11 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]1374675[/snapback]
anyone who is not an atheist is ignorant. fact.

You shouldn't talk about ignorance, sir =/
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1374680[/snapback]

I mean really god is just like your parents and by the fact that you continue to believe in him you never grow up, to elaborate on this example, what I mean is that you leave home at some point you know longer have that support that if all go to shit you can run home to mummy, you have to sort your problems out yourself, that is strength of conviction to believe in yourself and become strong.

No... God isn't as accessible as that.

Psycho... you aren't a good man and what you're doing amounts to nothing costructive. Let people decide for themselves... no? Fine, be a dictator.

Notice my bi-polarism? I am no Christ-whore nor am I hating on Christianity... a true Atheist would never bother shoveling opinions in peoples' way. Atheism is a personal choice, just like having a relationship with God is a personal choice--don't try and make someone else's choice for them. The same goes for veganism. Don't feed your fucking baby skim milk until it dies.
Bain
I am an atheist but I love christmas.........not the god bullshit, but still, just leave christmas alone.
psychÝ
I'm not atheist anyway, I am agnostic, there is no empirical evidence, or logical hypothesises therefore it is the correct stand point.

Psycho... you aren't a good man and what you're doing amounts to nothing costructive. Let people decide for themselves... no?

Pissing idiots off is fun, I will precede to continue.
Damian
Psycho... you aren't a good man and what you're doing amounts to nothing costructive. Let people decide for themselves... no?

This is the political board and not RnR, if you're here not to contribute anything to the topic but to piss off people who don't have the same faith or think like you then you are in the wrong section. I'm sorry it took you 3 posts to realize you should start reading the first post before posting but don't try to turn it all around as if you're just here to troll now. I'm quite sure(I think) you're better than that.
Qdeathstar
mm hmm. You shouldn't use fox news to back up your views on Atheism.... as they tend to pick the worst atheists to interview... A lot of atheists don't particularly give a shit what you believe...

There are attention whores in every group...
Marneyo Juano
Only reason the atheists may try to convince the christians to open their eyes is that they just don't understand how people may easily believe something that isn't based on anything but letters in some book they call holy. I'm an atheist but I don't try to convince people to be like me, because I know they've been brainwashed since their birth and they don't even know why they belive in it, yet most of them are ready to die for their imaginary godfather.
Usually when I try to think about some creature that has over a dozen billion eyes and counting every day with every child born, who is capable of watching and punishing people, the first thing that comes to my mind are the fairytales that you hear during your first years of life and you believe it and think the world is all flowers and butterflies.
You may think whatever you want and believe in any creature that you like, but I see religion as some supporting aids for people, cause those religious people would be in a complete shock if they would feel that nobody actually watches their back. It's really convenient to say "there's a supreme being watching me, nothing will happen" and go on.
It was necessary for the people in ancient times to keep some order amongs the people, and there was no other way to do that except for making people believe in someone who sees everything and will punish you, thus many murders, robberies, thefts and other crimes were prevented.
Nowadays when there are rules, police and other means of security, this blind belief isn't needed any more, yet it's so deep in people's minds at traditions, so it is here to stay for 200 more years or more, but it will definetly disappear as less and less people believe in god and the bible, but they still think there is SOME supreme being watching over them. It will gradually disappear too.
gingergenius
To be honest I don't go around preaching atheism, I can understand that if you devote your entire life to something then it's not nice having people come up and saying you're wrong.

At the same time I think religion is fucking stupid. I personally think the Abrahamic religions are among the most boring because their myths are so tedious. The Norse managed to think up elves, dwarves, various giants, good gods and bad gods, werewolves etc. etc. The Greeks came up with all sorts of monsters and heroes. The Celts and loads of other religions were really inventive. What did they do in Judea? A god. A devil. A few angels. And a son who could heal scabby lepers. SERIOUS LACK OF IMAGINATION. I would not read the Bible to my children as bedtime stories.
Hardcore Ottoman
Well, that is what some will claim makes montheistic religions more believable--they aren't as radical as others.

As for psycho response, I called you those things because of the laughable attempt of you comparing yourself to the good man doing something and shunning those that do nothing. Your full of shit; that was my point.
Marneyo Juano
Why is it alright for christian preachers to go around and preach christianity everywhere and try to convince everyone into christianity, but when an atheist tries to do the same, what he thinks is right, everyone gets up and starts saying he's ignorant and whatever?
Massacre
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Nov 12 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1374828[/snapback]
Why is it alright for christian preachers to go around and preach christianity everywhere and try to convince everyone into christianity, but when an atheist tries to do the same, what he thinks is right, everyone gets up and starts saying he's ignorant and whatever?

Most of the time, when religious people try to convince other people to follow their religion, they're annoying, and most of the time, when an atheist does it, they're more asshole than annoyance. Of course, I've heard religious people that came off as complete asshole, and I've heard Atheists that just annoyed me.

Personally, I think that everyone should keep their religious beliefs (or lack of) to themselves and not try to force it onto anyone else, but that won't be happening any time soon.
Damian
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Nov 12 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]1374828[/snapback]

When did Atheism turn into Christianity#2?
They're starting to get worse than some old church going woman with the constant efforts of trying to get people to think like them and to not believe in any God and only Science.

I swear some of you people need to read the first post fully before making stupid accusations about things that I have already addressed...
Marneyo Juano
I DID READ THE FIRST FUCKING POST, you should stop pointing that out to people as a response for everything they say.

So again, it's ok for chritians to convince people into their belief, but as soon as an atheist does it, atheism automatically turns into "christianity#2"? The fuck is wrong with your logic?
Hardcore Ottoman
Being an Atheist is a personal choice just like religion should be and other diet lifestyles like I said before. None of this should be coerced onto people you don't know or do know and don't have the respect to leave alone.
Marneyo Juano
I'm not saying it's alright to preach anything to anyone, I agree it should be a personal choice for everyone. My point is that when someone from their religion does something, they ignore it, but as soon as someone with opposed views does the same, they scream out loud about how it's wrong and how whoever does it is an asshole. This is right for Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Jews ...
Damian
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Nov 13 2007, 06:29 AM) [snapback]1374880[/snapback]
I DID READ THE FIRST FUCKING POST, you should stop pointing that out to people as a response for everything they say.

So again, it's ok for chritians to convince people into their belief, but as soon as an atheist does it, atheism automatically turns into "christianity#2"? The fuck is wrong with your logic?

I SAID IS IT TURNING INTO CHRISTIANITY#2! IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO GRASP WHAT I SAID IT IS MEANT AS A WAY TO SAY THEY ARE ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF CHRISTIANS RUNNING AROUND TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY BELIEVE! If you would please graduate school first you would understand the point of the topic! God dammit either you just arent reading or you're probably just slow, I'm sorry but I just don't know what to tell you.

When Did I EVER SAY it was ok for Christians to do it!? You are just so...unbelievably aha wow...

People stop coming in here throwing around accusations if you didn't read/understand the first post...
Indy
QUOTE(punxtr @ Nov 11 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]1374717[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1374680[/snapback]

No... God isn't as accessible as that.

Psycho... you aren't a good man and what you're doing amounts to nothing costructive. Let people decide for themselves... no? Fine, be a dictator.

Notice my bi-polarism? I am no Christ-whore nor am I hating on Christianity... a true Atheist would never bother shoveling opinions in peoples' way. Atheism is a personal choice, just like having a relationship with God is a personal choice--don't try and make someone else's choice for them. The same goes for veganism. Don't feed your fucking baby skim milk until it dies.

Exactly what I wanted to say, but I just couldn't word it.
Amis
I think everyone shoul just mind their own business, this applies to both christians and atheists. I'm officially lutheric christian, whateva that means, but in reality I'm mostly atheist.

I don't have anything against either groups or any other religion for that matter. Just don't come to advertise your shit to me, and I wont come preaching about my shit.
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(Damian @ Nov 13 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]1374899[/snapback]

I SAID IS IT TURNING INTO CHRISTIANITY#2! IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO GRASP WHAT I SAID IT IS MEANT AS A WAY TO SAY THEY ARE ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF CHRISTIANS RUNNING AROUND TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY BELIEVE! If you would please graduate school first you would understand the point of the topic! God dammit either you just arent reading or you're probably just slow, I'm sorry but I just don't know what to tell you.

When Did I EVER SAY it was ok for Christians to do it!? You are just so...unbelievably aha wow...

People stop coming in here throwing around accusations if you didn't read/understand the first post...

Yeah, I'm the dumbass here, sure.
I KNOW YOU SAID "IS IT TURNING INTO CHRISTIANITY#2" And where the fuck is it written that whoever tries to convince someone to think like them automatically turns into a CHRISTIAN#2?
shit, get your head out of your ass/the first post and think for a moment about what I SAID and not what your fucking first post said.
Pyrocy
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 12 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]1374741[/snapback]

So is warning people like you, I will precede to continue with that as well if I see you cause more trouble.

At the topic at hand, a "Church of Atheism" is an contradiction in it of itself. Richard Dawkins (a really vocal biologist and athiest) strongly implied to use critical thinking and to think for yourself. What this "Church" is doing is the complete opposite, much like the regular churches they criticize for doing the same thing: indoctrinating people for their own personal beliefs.

All these idiots are doing is giving them political fundies more clout and evidence to say secularism is becoming a religion. (When we all know it's really not...)
Damian
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Nov 13 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1374918[/snapback]
QUOTE(Damian @ Nov 13 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]1374899[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm the dumbass here, sure.
I KNOW YOU SAID "IS IT TURNING INTO CHRISTIANITY#2" And where the fuck is it written that whoever tries to convince someone to think like them automatically turns into a CHRISTIAN#2?
shit, get your head out of your ass/the first post and think for a moment about what I SAID and not what your fucking first post said.

Sweet Jesus, the topic name was a shot at both Atheists and Christians thinking they need to blow their beliefs to everyone that doesn't have the same belief as them. I'm tired of trying to stress to you what the topic is about, don't try to argue or get mad at me because you have no fucking clue what's going on here.
Qdeathstar

But, you know.. he's saying its not ok because he assumes that all Atheists hate it when Christians spread their beliefs about and use their believes to support dubious ideology. If that assumption is correct then when Atheists attempts to spread their believes and undertake equally dubious activities (ie boycotting a prayer service) then they are behaving hypocritically and are just like Christians...

He isn't just saying Atheists shouldn't share their views...

I of course reject his assumption that all atheists do anything... I know I don't.
Damian
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Nov 13 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]1374979[/snapback]

But, you know.. he's saying its not ok because he assumes that all Atheists hate it when Christians spread their beliefs about and use their believes to support dubious ideology. If that assumption is correct then when Atheists attempts to spread their believes and undertake equally dubious activities (ie boycotting a prayer service) then they are behaving hypocritically and are just like Christians...

I of course reject his assumption that all atheists do anything... I know I don't.

I take it you're referring to the Georgia one. The mayor makes a nice little event, doesn't force anyone to come and not even advertising. It's a tiny little thing, and Atheists will be there because...why? I don't know where you people are seeing me defend Christians doing these sort of things, I don't know why you're bringing these accusations in here without even backing it up! You're just basically throwing around accusations with no proof. I'm sorry I didn't make one for Christians, SUE ME. I will be sure to go to every fucking topic in politics and argue about why the topic creator doesn't create a topic/argument for both sides....

Also I never said all, are we putting words in people's mouths to prove an invalid point now?
Hardcore Ottoman
This forum is a cornfield; strawmen set up everywhere for weaklings to beat down with feeble words. Arguments amounting to absolute premises and the lack of qualitative words...

This message is a metaphor.

But like I said, this case is closed. All posts now are pointed toward Damian specifically and the subject of these hypocritical atheists should be resolved now that--hopefully--people see that any one side is wrong (this idea is universal) to try and make one think for a group instead of himself. Use PMs if you want. Damian, if you were Gold I would lock my topic now.
The Last Sunset
I don't believe in god or religion but I don't deny the possibility that it's true, even though it seems highly unlikely.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Damian @ Nov 14 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]1374997[/snapback]

I take it you're referring to the Georgia one. The mayor makes a nice little event, doesn't force anyone to come and not even advertising. It's a tiny little thing, and Atheists will be there because...why? I don't know where you people are seeing me defend Christians doing these sort of things, I don't know why you're bringing these accusations in here without even backing it up! You're just basically throwing around accusations with no proof. I'm sorry I didn't make one for Christians, SUE ME. I will be sure to go to every fucking topic in politics and argue about why the topic creator doesn't create a topic/argument for both sides....

Also I never said all, are we putting words in people's mouths to prove an invalid point now?

Don't have to say all, you said it in the title of your post...
Also, i didn't say you were defending Christians.. I was showing Problematic that you indeed, were not. If your talking about me...

QUOTE(punxtr @ Nov 14 2007, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1375004[/snapback]
This forum is a cornfield; strawmen set up everywhere for weaklings to beat down with feeble words. Arguments amounting to absolute premises and the lack of qualitative words...

This message is a metaphor.

But like I said, this case is closed. All posts now are pointed toward Damian specifically and the subject of these hypocritical atheists should be resolved now that--hopefully--people see that any one side is wrong (this idea is universal) to try and make one think for a group instead of himself. Use PMs if you want. Damian, if you were Gold I would lock my topic now.

Stay on topic.
Damian
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Nov 14 2007, 03:31 AM) [snapback]1375016[/snapback]
QUOTE(Damian @ Nov 14 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]1374997[/snapback]

Don't have to say all, you said it in the title of your post...
Also, i didn't say you were defending Christians.. I was showing Problematic that you indeed, were not. If your talking about me...

Sorry I must've misread what you posted.
Marneyo Juano
hm...okay, you didn't say it was ok for christians to convince people into their belief, but it doens't mean that when atheists do the same they turn into christians#2. That point was completley stupid.
Damian
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Nov 14 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1375059[/snapback]
hm...okay, you didn't say it was ok for christians to convince people into their belief, but it doens't mean that when atheists do the same they turn into christians#2. That point was completley stupid.

Oh my God...just forget it.
Marneyo Juano
Yeah I knew that would be your response lol.
nevermind.
Screw Loose

nobody ever said it was ok for christians to force beleifs onto others. its a mistake that happened ALOT, about 400 years ago but now its well established that it was wrong. Does that mean atheists should do the same? i spit a fat snotty tobacco luigi in the face of every atheist i see who tries to convert me.
rocking 2 -apc- 4 ever
^Harsh.

Can't we all just let everyone believe what they want to? Let people live their lives how they want and stop bothering them. That goes for all religions that try to convert.

No matter who your god is, what you believe is after death, how man was created or anything else, it's your prerogative. Just keep to it and don't try and shove it down anyone else's throats.
Screw Loose
^agree'd^
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(AK alien @ Dec 24 2007, 04:36 AM) [snapback]1382494[/snapback]

nobody ever said it was ok for christians to force beleifs onto others. its a mistake that happened ALOT, about 400 years ago but now its well established that it was wrong. Does that mean atheists should do the same? i spit a fat snotty tobacco luigi in the face of every atheist i see who tries to convert me.

I think you christians and other religious people should stop being so paranoid about "OMG ATHEISTS STEALING OUR PPL WITH ATHEISM!!!" because most of the atheists are just minding their own business and don't give half a fuck about the big colorful bubble religious people live in.
True story.
Screw Loose
No Christians are worried with atheists stealing or converting people. We just find it disgustingly annoying for the very few irritating ones who Try

So, the few fuck it up for the many in that situation. Most atheists are cool and mind their own shit but the irritating dogmatic ones i'm bitching about are the pain in the ass that we are complaining about.

Its the same exact thing that if youre a smoker, and you know smokings bad for you but you enjoy it too much, and some faget straightedge comes up to you and starts bitching about how unhealthy cigarettes are for your health and accomplish nothing other then being a pain in the smoker's ass. Same exact thing

the only difference is Christianity doesn't cause bad breath, yellowing of the teeth, speed the aging process, rot your body from the inside out, inhibit proper breathing, and give you cancer
Marneyo Juano
Well, I won't be an ass and go into what christianity DOES cause.
So you should stop being so irritated about those few atheists that argue with christians about god's existence, because there are alot of christians too that once they find out you don't believe in god, they stick to your ass and try to 'open your eyes' so you can see the lord allmighty exists. and believe me, they don't just argue you about this matter like atheists do, they stick to you and act shocked like you're a misguided poor sould and should open your eyes and see that teh god is there.
believe me, that is much more annoying.
Hardcore Ottoman
Edit--If I use "they" I do not mean to associate every said group by example of one but rather simply individuals who are similar to said singular example--I know this is an example of poor writing but acknowledging mistakes is a key to improving it as well.

Well, not really as your reaction is biased being non-Christian. In whichever perspective the other side is always more annoying even when striving to be impartial. It's human to have tied emotions and thought to what you are or what you've come to live with; enjoy.

But, yesterday, one of my baggers was asking what a customer said to me as she left. I told him it was about the "lord helping my memory" because this lady expected me to have eyes behind my back when she showed me her ID (military bases require it before starting any order). I summed it up by saying I was uncomfortable because she was smiling and bringing religion into a matter that hardly required faith--all I needed was for her to realize I don't have a third eye.

So my bagger goes "what, you are an theist?" and I said "no, I don't belive in Jesus--" then he interrupted "so you don't belive he existed" then I retorted "no, I believe he existed but I don't believe he was the son of 'God'" then he started retorting adamantly about random stuff that I had to ignore because a customer showed up...

I think it helps to know that this bagger made me feel ackward a lot in anything he said or did and he was very condescending and brash. For example, I was looking at a 1981 $5 and could not see a watermark so I was debating with the customer whether or not it was a fake or whether or not watermarks weren't printed in that year... so then the bagger takes the five and switches it with his because he knows it's real. I felt it was real as well and the only mark missing was the head on the right so I simply wanted to confirm by calling a supervisor. This bagger of mine gets all pissy and obviously doesn't give a shit about the rules cashiers follow and the behavior baggers should exude. Well, the customer left without much of a skirmish due to switching out the five but it nagged on me the ignorance and blind assurance this man had.

... So, I was talking to him later that I wanted to know when watermarks were started because the bagger head supervisor checked the five and confirmed it real. I suggested a quick Wiki. He suggested I "Google it" and then he suggested I "find all of the consecutive-year $5's and find which one had a watermark"--yes, in that order... and his body language was saying 'annoyed' and 'indifferent' the whole time.

It's difficult for me to express myself sometimes, but what I'd like to say is that why are they content with the little knowledge they have so that they can be ignorant and happy in their life? Are they content with this? Does it empower them? Or does it makes decisions easier... that if they don't understand something they simply put it on faith and never think twice. Why do religious people simply pray for betterment when actions are a necessary ingredient to overcoming and gaining in life?

I don't know... to me this is much more puzzling than the atheist who crassly 'procliams' the words "fuck God, I'm an atheist" in a such an ironic and naive way. I mean, it's easy to dismiss someone who doesn't even understand that not believing in a God requires not acknowledging him in any way either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.