Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why are fireworks still allowed to be sold to the public?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Austin
Now I don't have a problem with fireworks.. they're a great spectacle at organised events etc.. what I do have a problem with is, them being sold to any old retard who wants one come Bonfire Night/New Year etc (when they go on sale).

They're just annoying having them go off all around your house making a complete racket.. idiots playing with them in the street.. but I can live with that, it's the huge upset and distress that they cause to pets and wildlife that I don't like.

Does the government have no concern for all the animals that have to put up with that kind of crap? Can you imagine how frightening it must be to have all those bangs and flashing lights going off near you if you're an animal, that won't know wtf is going on.. My neighbours dog is terrified.. she cowers under the table trembling.. some piece of shit tied a terrapin to a firework: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7086894.stm and I've heard countless other incidents of evil little cunts terrorizing animals with what are dangerous explosives.

Anyway wanted to post that rant after hearing about the terrapin, and wanted to see how many agree that fireworks should be banned from public sale? I understand in many countries that is the case (such as America), and I don't know why it's different here.
psychÝ
Wah, wah, wah, people give animals far to many rights in this country already, so much so it is reducing the amount of companies based here that use animals in tests so they go to other countries where there are no rules, meaning less jobs and the animals get fucked up even more, so cease your whining, you are just hurting them more.

Fireworks are cool, keep your animals inside and the wild life will be fine, see anyone caring about it during the war or when everyone went round shooting at it, NO.

They shouldn't have the fireworks in the first place, neuter their parents, I mean why should people who are too stupid to look after themselves be allowed to look after kids.
Sharpie Fetish
grow a brain psycho i bet you'd love to see a video of a terrapin tied to a rocket

i agree with you Austin as the fireworks send my dog mental and make him a ass to deal with
Ex-PS Fanboy
yes i really hate that when your pets get scared they never shut up, but thatnkfully thats only at relatives house, people never fuck around with explosives near my house, since im friends with like everyone in my neighborhood
Hardcore Ottoman
I guess people that don't like fireworks don't like fun? I mean, what else are you going to do on July 4th when you don't want to pay $50 to see a budgeted firework show?
Kamahl
fireworks are not allowed here.

It sucks, really... they banned them cause ia lot of people (cant remember how many) died on a fire here.
Sharpie Fetish
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Nov 9 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1374232[/snapback]

It sucks, really... they banned them cause ia lot of people (cant remember how many) died on a fire here.

good fucking riddance
Damian
This falls under parents responsibility if you ask me, I for one is not going to let my kid play with them if I'm not around.
Marneyo Juano
^lol

Firecrackers and such aren't allowed here but NOBODY GIVES A FUCK and police don't watch after that..well they might chase you if they see you with a firework but once you get like 50 meters ahead of them and they see they'll have to run alot to catch you they stop running, and even when they caught me once with a bag of firecrackers all they did is interrogate me for half an hour asking me who's the one who sold it to me, I described some imagenary seller and went home, they told me they'll keep the bag but I managed to slip like half of the bag contents back into my pockets while the cop turned around to put the files and papers somewhere. dumbass laugh.gif

Anyways it's really annoying especially cause I live near the city hall and the little cunts like to come to the square around it and play around with cheap fireworks and such. The cats don't seem to give a fuck, and the dog next door gets yelled at by his bitch owner (she has a voice that srsly made me wake up in the middle of the night a few times) so often he's half deaf.
But as soon as I get a few friends and get myself a few bags of good stuff, I go out somewhere where old ladies in slippers can't come down and yell at me about disturbing their peace, and blow the fuck out of the place. It takes me like two weeks of buying from different people, but the one day I decide to go out looks like iraq in the first day of the invasion, and it's fucking worth it.

Also, you should've seen barcelona last summer around end of june-very beginning of july (i've been there) the firecrackers and shit are legal there, and there's some local holiday, I think about the longest day in the year or something, and everywhere you go you see the sky turn yellow, red, white, green...seriously looks like the whole city is a fkn warzone.
Mekstizzle
I'll admit. When it comes to firework season, we've done some pretty stupid stuff. Not on the level of harming animals/people though, that's fucked up. It falls down to the responsibility of parents. In this increasingly Chav populated country, I can see how fireworks might get banned for the public soon. Although I'll admit something they're doing must be right because I live in Chav Central and I haven't heard or seen any incidents yet, everything seems to be cool. So I dunno.

It's also tradition. Are fireworks gonna be another thing banned by the Health and Safety PC wankers? Oh...it scares the Animals. For fuck sakes they've been doing fireworks here for centuries. You probably eat meat so since when do you give a shit about Animals anyway, I guess only when it applies to you eh.

They've banned most of the good fireworks anyway. sad.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(punxtr @ Nov 9 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1374228[/snapback]
I guess people that don't like fireworks don't like fun? I mean, what else are you going to do on July 4th when you don't want to pay $50 to see a budgeted firework show?

well yes fireworks are fun, but its really annoying when kids shoot roman candles at your house!
Marneyo Juano
Well there is an age when you find it fun to blow up fireworks, but not to harm other people/animals with them.
I think there should be a selling limit of at least 14 years for the fireworks, and at least 16 for the heavier ones. Ofcourse that won't help much, but it will reduce some animal cruelty, property destruction etc.
psychÝ
QUOTE(CyanTist @ Nov 9 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]1374202[/snapback]
grow a brain psycho i bet you'd love to see a video of a terrapin tied to a rocket

Wah, wah, wah, it happened once, want to solve it, lock the retarded kids up, who I might add aren't legally allowed to have the fireworks so they are banned already to them.

Something happens once and then everyone gets stroppy so people have to put warnings everywhere and people can't have any fun cause one person was fucking retarded and who's parents should have never been allowed to breed in the first place.
Qdeathstar
For 95% percent of the people using fireworks, they are safe and are used appropriately.

I use fireworks all the time, and only once did i do something terribly stupid with them. After the first time, i learned my lesson and didn't do it again.

I was launching cheep fireworks over the side of a Hotel Balcony on the OutBanks... the cheep 1 dollar strobe fireworks... and it set a dune on fire :-/
Austin
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 9 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1374196[/snapback]
Wah, wah, wah, people give animals far to many rights in this country already, so much so it is reducing the amount of companies based here that use animals in tests so they go to other countries where there are no rules, meaning less jobs and the animals get fucked up even more, so cease your whining, you are just hurting them more.

Fireworks are cool, keep your animals inside and the wild life will be fine, see anyone caring about it during the war or when everyone went round shooting at it, NO.

They shouldn't have the fireworks in the first place, neuter their parents, I mean why should people who are too stupid to look after themselves be allowed to look after kids.

What a load of crap.

Animals won't have too much rights until they get the same basic rights as humans imo.. and campaigning for better rights for them hurts them more? What..? Also "Fireworks are cool" is a shit argument.. flame throwers are cool but the general consensus is they shouldn't be sold to the general public.

What has war got to do with fireworks on sale to the public..?

QUOTE(Mek-Izzle @ Nov 10 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]1374421[/snapback]
I'll admit. When it comes to firework season, we've done some pretty stupid stuff. Not on the level of harming animals/people though, that's fucked up. It falls down to the responsibility of parents. In this increasingly Chav populated country, I can see how fireworks might get banned for the public soon. Although I'll admit something they're doing must be right because I live in Chav Central and I haven't heard or seen any incidents yet, everything seems to be cool. So I dunno.

It's also tradition. Are fireworks gonna be another thing banned by the Health and Safety PC wankers? Oh...it scares the Animals. For fuck sakes they've been doing fireworks here for centuries. You probably eat meat so since when do you give a shit about Animals anyway, I guess only when it applies to you eh.

They've banned most of the good fireworks anyway. sad.gif

I hate PC wankers as much as the next guy.. but banning fireworks from the general public falls under common sense.

Fuck traditions. And no I don't eat meat and I do give a fuck about animals obviously.. I've made a few posts in this forum that relate to my views on animals actually, surprised you've not seen them.
QUOTE(CyanTist @ Nov 9 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]1374237[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Nov 9 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1374232[/snapback]

good fucking riddance

Yeah.. probably take a big human tragedy like that to get them restricted here as well.

QUOTE(Qdeathstar)
I use fireworks all the time, and only once did i do something terribly stupid with them. After the first time, i learned my lesson and didn't do it again.

I was launching cheep fireworks over the side of a Hotel Balcony on the OutBanks... the cheep 1 dollar strobe fireworks... and it set a dune on fire :-/

I thought you couldn't walk in to a shop and buy fireworks in the US? Aren't they only available to people organising large events etc?
Pieface
I like Fireworks and my dog does. So its all fine here mellow.gif
Austin
I bet he wouldn't like them if there was one stuck up his ass..
psychÝ
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 11 2007, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1374624[/snapback]

What a load of crap.

Animals won't have too much rights until they get the same basic rights as humans imo..

Yeah, you said enough, your a moron, enough said, I don't bother arguing/talking/being near people like you as you are clearly just an idiot making a statement like that.

And I hope you have never used any drugs, eaten meat, dairy, jelly sweets and pretty much any kind of food, as even fair trade tea mean that the people get a better wage and therefore can buy more animals for milk or meat therefore exploiting them like you are so against.

So stop eating and wearing clothes (because of course growing cotton takes up animals habitats and people wouldn't knock down houses to put a field there) and pretty much everything leading you to die saving us from your ridiculous views.

QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 11 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1374630[/snapback]
I bet he wouldn't like it if I shoved my fist up his arse either, therefore by your logic everyone would have their hands cut off.
Austin
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1374634[/snapback]

What a load of crap.

Animals won't have too much rights until they get the same basic rights as humans imo..

Yeah, you said enough, your a moron, enough said, I don't bother arguing/talking/being near people like you as you are clearly just an idiot making a statement like that.

And I hope you have never used any drugs, eaten meat, dairy, jelly sweets and pretty much any kind of food, as even fair trade tea mean that the people get a better wage and therefore can buy more animals for milk or meat therefore exploiting them like you are so against.

So stop eating and wearing clothes (because of course growing cotton takes up animals habitats and people wouldn't knock down houses to put a field there) and pretty much everything leading you to die saving us from your ridiculous views.

I bet he wouldn't like it if I shoved my fist up his arse either, therefore by your logic everyone would have their hands cut off.

After 3 years on this board you're still an obnoxious snotty little brat.. and I suppose you always will be.

You don't even make an effort to differentiate between your insults and put-downs.. just the same lines used over n over.. "You're clearly just an idiot lolol". Yawn. I don't even know why you bother posting dude.. that's all your posts are filled with.. tell me how tall are you? 5ft6? What have you got small man syndrome or something? Do people pick on you in real life?

Way to go on making such a dumb post and jumping to so many conclusions btw.. my views are really quite reasonable.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 11 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]1374670[/snapback]

What a load of crap.

After 3 years on this board you're still an obnoxious snotty little brat.. and I suppose you always will be.

You don't even make an effort to differentiate between your insults and put-downs.. just the same lines used over n over.. "You're clearly just an idiot lolol". Yawn. I don't even know why you bother posting dude.. that's all your posts are filled with.. tell me how tall are you? 5ft6? What have you got small man syndrome or something? Do people pick on you in real life?

Wow, the irony, it is so hypocritical it is hilarious, and I put the post like that because people like you aren't worth talking to as you are the greatest hypocrite of them all because by the way you live your life you aren't treating animals like humans yet you seem to take some moral high ground making you a complete joke.

Way to go on making such a dumb post and jumping to so many conclusions btw.. my views are really quite reasonable.

There are no conclusions jumped to here and that statement by you just backs up everything I have said in the previous post, by moving an animal to grow any type of food, that include things like grass hoppers and woodlice you are treating them differently from humans, so next time you are walking along in the dark and tread on a snail I hope you asked to be put in jail for at least 10 years for "snail-slaughter" like you would be if you killed a human by treading on them.

And if not then my point is proven, you are a complete hypocrite.
Austin
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]1374677[/snapback]
Wow, the irony, it is so hypocritical it is hilarious, and I put the post like that because people like you aren't worth talking to as you are the greatest hypocrite of them all because by the way you live your life you aren't treating animals like humans yet you seem to take some moral high ground making you a complete joke.

I deliberately italicized "basic" so I wouldn't get people saying that.

There are no conclusions jumped to here and that statement by you just backs up everything I have said in the previous post, by moving an animal to grow any type of food, that include things like grass hoppers and woodlice you are treating them differently from humans, so next time you are walking along in the dark and tread on a snail I hope you asked to be put in jail for at least 10 years for "snail-slaughter" like you would be if you killed a human by treading on them.

Instead of jumping in to insult and put me down like a 7 year old child who eats too many sugary foods with e-numbers in, you could discuss what I meant by 'basic' if you are unsure as to what I meant.. but you're not capable of that. Save me the bollocks comparisons with accidentally stepping on snails etc.. this isn't nursery school.. you can do better than that.

And how all this makes me a hypocrite I don't know..
psychÝ
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 11 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1374690[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]1374677[/snapback]

Instead of jumping in to insult and put me down like a 7 year old child who eats too many sugary foods with e-numbers in, you could discuss what I meant by 'basic' if you are unsure as to what I meant.. but you're not capable of that. Save me the bollocks comparisons with accidentally stepping on snails etc.. this isn't nursery school.. you can do better than that.

And how all this makes me a hypocrite I don't know..

Basic right no. 1 you have the right not to be killed just cause someone feels like it, hm..................sounds like a good rule to me i'll think i'll stick with it, and so would everyone else so just shut up already.

Have you killed an animal, yes, Go to jail don't pass go don't collect £200.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Nov 10 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]1374439[/snapback]

well yes fireworks are fun, but its really annoying when kids shoot roman candles at your house!

Only if you allow them to win... I'll pull out my stash and light them up for aliens to see!

But since they are banned in the UK I don't have any say being a Yank.
psychÝ
QUOTE(punxtr @ Nov 11 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]1374720[/snapback]

They aren't banned.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1374742[/snapback]

They aren't banned.

Who the fuck told me that? Whatever... fuck, this topic is pointless.
Austin
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]1374710[/snapback]
]
Basic right no. 1 you have the right not to be killed just cause someone feels like it, hm..................sounds like a good rule to me i'll think i'll stick with it, and so would everyone else so just shut up already.

Have I killed an animal? No.

QUOTE(punxtr @ Nov 13 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1374891[/snapback]

They aren't banned.

Has as much point as any other thread in here..

Anyway psycho turns this in to a preteen name calling fight as usual.. he makes it such a joy to visit this forum.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 13 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1374909[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 11 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]1374710[/snapback]
]

Have I killed an animal? No.

Lolz, you realise snails, flies, ants and all the other insects are animals, I mean what a moronic statement to say you have never killed an animal.

QUOTE(punxtr @ Nov 13 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1374891[/snapback]

They aren't banned.

Has as much point as any other thread in here..

Anyway psycho turns this in to a preteen name calling fight as usual.. he makes it such a joy to visit this forum.

Lol, of course I did, it isn't my fault you come up with ridiculous responses.
Qdeathstar
Psycho and Austin... stop flaming. If you have a point to share, go ahead, otherwise i've had enough of the whole "Your a dumbass because you love animals" troll-fest...

Punxtra keep the conversation about fireworks, not your opinion of Psycho.

Hardcore Ottoman
I thought it was the Atheist topic that I was being to 'direct' with psycho. I asked who told me fireworks were banned in the UK because I heard it somewhere... I did not know I was giving him attention--I'm sorry.

As for fireworks, roman candles don't do shit. They light up and shoot out randomly but they don't cause fires and annoyances as much as others. Other ones like mortars are noisy and I find it astonishing some of you are annoyed by them; I feel like I'm in a topic full of 40-year-olds.

But once again, I don't live in the UK. I don't feel fireworks here can be any than the UK and that is why I'll say this is a blow to the freedom of lighthearted happiness most Americans enjoy. I can't understand how some of you want it banned period.
Amis
There is nothing bad with fireworks, as long as you use (or should use) safety glasses, keep little distance after lighting the wires, and be sober (well sober enough), and being over 18 helps too.

So why to ban fireworks? I have no idea.

For harming others? Well don't "shoot" them at other people, and you can waste all your money on them as much as you like.
Marneyo Juano
Safety glasses for fireworks? that's a new Idea!

Seriosly though, I don't think anyone who wants to just go out and blast some fireworks, would wear safety gear for that. Same about being over 18.
Hardcore Ottoman
I remember just lighting up tons of bottle rockets one by one with 100 in a box and pulling my head back a second before the flame went inside as I had my head near over-top each. Fun times.

It's not a hard deal to have good reaction time. In fact, it might show you guys a good way to have fun. I've never done this drunk though.

I don't do fireworks intoxicated; really.
Bain
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 9 2007, 10:19 AM) [snapback]1374194[/snapback]
Now I don't have a problem with fireworks.. they're a great spectacle at organised events etc.. what I do have a problem with is, them being sold to any old retard who wants one come Bonfire Night/New Year etc (when they go on sale).

People are too fucking stupid to deserve fireworks. They blow their hands off and expect sympathy and money. They are not necessary.
Sharpie Fetish

What a load of crap.

psycho this is why everybody thinks you talk so much bullshit i cant number the amount of people who think of you as

i dont need sources in a few years ill be writing fucking books

fireworks are bullshit weve handed the reason to people on a plate dont be such an ass
Pieface
QUOTE(CyanTist @ Nov 17 2007, 11:52 PM) [snapback]1375557[/snapback]

What a load of crap.

psycho this is why everybody thinks you talk so much bullshit i cant number the amount of people who think of you as

Well I agree with Psycho there. Austin made such a stupid ignorant post but no-one complains about his post.
Austin
QUOTE(Die FŁhrer @ Nov 18 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]1375603[/snapback]
Well I agree with Psycho there. Austin made such a stupid ignorant post but no-one complains about his post.

Maybe because they didn't think it was stupid and ignorant?

Psycho's posts take the piss.. his basic argument is "you're a moron and a stupid hypocrite lol because you must of accidentally stepped on a few snails in your lifetime so you can't tell other people killing animals is wrong!!!11"

If you think I said ignorant things please explain which ones are so I can explain them and maybe change your mind.
Pieface
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 11 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1374630[/snapback]

Right there, make a pathetic post that is so ignorant and sad. Just to try and get a few laughs.
Austin
Ignorant, sad, and pathetic? ohmy.gif Bit harsh ain't it? You sound like psycho there.. are you two mates or something?

It was part joke and also I was referring to what kind of thing does happen with fireworks and animals. But if that's the best you've got as to why I was ignorant then I don't even know why you bothered posting.
Pieface
QUOTE(Austin @ Nov 18 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]1375613[/snapback]
Yeah it was a joke.. do you know what one of those is?

It was also in part referring to what does happen with fireworks and animals.

But if that's the best you've got as to why I was ignorant then I don't even know why you bothered posting.

If you even read my post I just said THAT post, not all posts. It happens to Animals and Fireworkshe way you say it, you make it sound like it happens very commonly. Things happen to people, ok lets use an example. Bain likes guns, Im sure Bain doesn't like being shot by one.

Your post makes no sense.
Hardcore Ottoman
Quit fucking bitching... no one cares who was right. Get on topic will ya.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.