Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iraqi Insurgent Assassins
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Bain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb1cDW5-IuQ...ted&search=

This is just an interesting video for people do see.
Opinions.......
Damian
Like I said last time, we're basically just going to create a civil war there and just send that place to utter shit. Turns out I was right...
Heartless
I've seen this before. It's our most powerful asset. We receive a lot of training towards winning the hearts and minds of the people we fight to turn them against each other. Like a twisting knife.
Bain
QUOTE(Damian @ Nov 5 2007, 12:13 AM) [snapback]1373442[/snapback]
Like I said last time, we're basically just going to create a civil war there and just send that place to utter shit. Turns out I was right...

There was a civil war there before we entered, it was just small and not as open because Saddam would just slaughter whole villages. I guess slaughtering anyone who disagrees with the government and killing dozens of people with opposing viewpoints is better than us taking out Saddam and letting people be free to fight for who they please.

I've seen this before. It's our most powerful asset. We receive a lot of training towards winning the hearts and minds of the people we fight to turn them against each other. Like a twisting knife.

Its why america "lost" Vietnam.
Heartless
And we're winning Iraq?
Bain
Militarily, we kicked Vietnamese ass. Militarily, we've killed insurgents/rebels/opposition in the how many tens of thousands compared to our loss.

I mean, we are combat winners, but not war winners. Thats my point.
Marneyo Juano
Didn't the vietnamese kill more American soldiers with traps and guerilla attacks?
Damian
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Nov 5 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1373538[/snapback]
Didn't the vietnamese kill more American soldiers with traps and guerilla attacks?

Yes indeedy, we were on that turf/in a jungle. They obviously have the upper-advantage, we probably beat their ass at most combat missions but they won the the fight.
Bain
QUOTE(ProbleMatiK @ Nov 5 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1373538[/snapback]

Actually, although the United States did lose 60,000 including missing and we had over 300,000 wounded, the Vietnamese we were fighting, with the Chinese lost 1,100,000 men and had over 600,000 wounded.

That means for every 1 American killed there was over 18 Vietnamese kills. A win, cleary in actual statistics. That doesnt mean anything because we left and the South was overrun, BUT, It is clear we militarily took it to them a lot more than they did to us.
Amis
QUOTE(Bain @ Nov 5 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]1373525[/snapback]

If more americans would realise this, the world would be a better place to live.
Marneyo Juano
Sometimes it takes just a few battles to shake things up in a country, then the people of that country will take it on from there...
Damian
I really don't see this outcome turning out any good :|. Didn't the US fund Al Queda in the past? lol....
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Amis @ Nov 6 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]1373649[/snapback]
QUOTE(Bain @ Nov 5 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]1373525[/snapback]

If more americans would realise this, the world would be a better place to live.

We have the ability to win wars, but not the will. Just to make that clear.

Secondly, the only reason that we did this is so that we could say we are making "progress" in iraq in terms of reducing attacks on the United States. That short-term improvement was all that was needed politically to hold off impeachment talks and keep the funding flowing.

Face it, if America wasn't a democracy then wars like Vietnam and Iraq would be a whole lot easier to fight because there wouldn't be anyone on the other side to answer to. We could do what needed to be done without worrying about the media or "other side" nit-picking our every action.

Of course if America wasn't a democracy then you'd have to be sure you had the "right kind" of leaders, and im not really sure thats possible right now in America.

Even if president bush didn't have to worry about the other side, he would have thought the war would have been easy, and it still would have been fucked up. The only difference is that with the right kind of leadership we could send in 500k more troops without having to worry about the otherside asking "how are you going to pay for it" or "I told you it has turned into a disaster", ect.
Amis
I understand that, I don't like Bush either. Basicly with anyone else on charge you would have done much better, much faster. I don't have anything against destroying dictatorships around the world, but if you start something, you should do it well from the begining until the end.

This is what Bush should have known before going there. Well don't worry, year 2008 is close, then you will hopefully have a better leader who will end this war.

I don't have anything against the USA or anything, or anything against the war in Iraq, it's just the way your leaders are "leading" annoys me.
Bain
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Nov 21 2007, 07:01 AM) [snapback]1376173[/snapback]
1-Face it, if America wasn't a democracy then wars like Vietnam and Iraq would be a whole lot easier to fight because there wouldn't be anyone on the other side to answer to. We could do what needed to be done without worrying about the media or "other side" nit-picking our every action.

2-Of course if America wasn't a democracy then you'd have to be sure you had the "right kind" of leaders, and im not really sure thats possible right now in America.

1-God how I fantasized about that. Every enemy combatant, stripped, taken information from, killed. The war would be over very soon.

2-Exactly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.