Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: USS Cole bombing leader released
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Heartless
Wow, just wow.

Is there anything that can be said?
Amis
Shit happens.
Heartless
QUOTE(Amis @ Oct 27 2007, 04:30 AM) [snapback]1371868[/snapback]
Shit happens.

This is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread.
Mekstizzle
Should've tried him in a US court in the first place.

Although attack on military personnel is less of a Terrorist attack and more of an act of war
Amis
I only said "shit happens" becouse in situation like this you couldn't really do anything else. In this case, US played using international rules, and Yemen didn't.

Moral points to USA + 1, and to Yemen -1.

There is nothing you can do to get that guy in prison again, unless he comes back to USA, wich seems unlikely, or you invade Yemen, wich also seems unlikely.

Therefore shit happens.
Bain
We should invade Yemen.
Hardcore Ottoman
This seems like a sorry skit made up by clever high school kids... these posts by us members. Good entertainment.

But seriously, can we safely say the USA did something in which not even one can ingest something was done wrong on their part?
new major on the block
I know what we, the US could do, a black ops unit eliminates him. One shot, one kill.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(new major on the block @ Oct 28 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]1372146[/snapback]
I know what we, the US could do, a black ops unit eliminates him. One shot, one kill.

That would eliminate the need for a unit.
Bain
QUOTE(Ouzo @ Oct 28 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]1372141[/snapback]
This seems like a sorry skit made up by clever high school kids... these posts by us members. Good entertainment.

But seriously, can we safely say the USA did something in which not even one can ingest something was done wrong on their part?

Let me make it simple.

As simple as I can put it.
Heartless
Oddly, Victory does not connect to the enemy. Anywhere.
Bain
When they are all dead I consider it victory?
Heartless
Classy. I like it.

I think Bain is ready for the Marines now.
Bain
Good to go, sir.

I just hate the idea of having to buy my own ammo in a combat zone because I will use a lot of suppressive fire to maneuver I think.
Heartless
QUOTE(The Chicago Bears suck. @ Oct 29 2007, 02:41 AM) [snapback]1372191[/snapback]
Good to go, sir.

I just hate the idea of having to buy my own ammo in a combat zone because I will use a lot of suppressive fire to maneuver I think.

While the Marines will routinely fuck you out of money, I doubt ammo will be one of those areas.

For the suppressive fire deal, in the Army at least, suppressive fire is defined as fire directed against an enemy so the others can move. Typically, Bravo team fires from a directed position while Alpha bounds on the far side and flanks the enemy. Bravo has the bigger 240s and SAWs for this reason.
Bain
I know a marine who had to buy a lotta ammo is all.

Anyway I hear the marines get shit supplies a lot so I was just assuming eventually I'd be fucked.
And if I get this job Im aiming at Im told I will be rolling out with the infantry. YIPPEE.
Mekstizzle
I know how to save ammo. Shoot at the guys head instead of "just in his area so he keeps his head down"

That's what they taught me in the SAS.

I should be a fucking 5 Star General.
Bain
Yeah.............thats not always an option/the best reaction. Especially when you're shooting at an adrenaline pilled up fanatic fighting for his beliefs.
Heartless
Seriously Mek, they don't stop. Ever. Even after the Van explodes, the fucker will come charging, in flames, to try and blow himself up.
Bain
Yeah I mean, I've never been to this war, and even my basic level of watching what is going on has taught me.

A lot of fucking idiots (Not directed at you Mek) think that these guys cant do superhuman things, but they can. For one, the mind is very powerful, and the fanaticism of being a civilian, and fighting the most well trained force in the world (you faggots can disagree if you want but I wont respond) is already a tough thing to do.

For the cause of religion and belief of heaven/hell whatever is a strong one to act for.

In addition, these tangible things I've watched and heard, like videos of combat. These marines and army infantry encounter caches of weapons, and drugs. There are mass amounts of speed, adrenaline pills, and many other things.

All in a combination to be very very stuck to what your goal is.

I heard a few stories of shot to shit Iraqis on the ground, still using their rifles and pistols a long time after a fire fight when we check the bodies.

I watched one thing on the history channel where marines cleared this house, but the roof was too hot, so they retreated, and a tank put a few shells into it. The house collapsed, there was a ton of rubble, etc.......

When the marines and the civilian cameraman went up to a body, his arm uncurled, and rolled out a pineapple grenade. Nobody was hurt but my point was made......

This all just strengthens what has come to be my opinion of our dedication to the conflict we are in and the fact its one thats very hard to fight if people wont let us do it, but make us do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.