Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abandoned Scene?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
pos
Hi,

If you head down to the hotel in 'Ocean Beach' which has the red carpet, and the limo parked up outside, you may notice that a few floors up, there is a glass fronted room that you can see straight into (via helicopter). There's nothing in there but a couple of tables / chairs and the usual office like stuff.

Why did Rockstar decide to do this? It seems very inconsistant with the rest of the game, as this kinda thing doesn't appear anywhere else in the gae for no reason! I can only guess that it is maybe something that they were going to make a feature of in the story line but never got around to?

-Pos
Blaze-uK
Maybe it was an unused cutscene area or maybe it was used, or it could be there just to look at.
Korben
Could you be more specfic. I only know of one building that has a Limo parked outside, and you can't see the carpet on that one.
JustCuz
It was used in I think the 'Say Cheese' mission with the red car.
pos
QUOTE(Korben @ Jan 28 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]1292732[/snapback]

Could you be more specfic. I only know of one building that has a Limo parked outside, and you can't see the carpet on that one.

Hi Korbean, yeah, its on one of the streets opposite the under ground car park by the private quay, almost directly opposite to the pay n spray once you drive to the end of it. You'll see it!
Korben
Thanks Pos, found it.

I was searching for it in a Little Willy, and found that you could shoot out the windows.

I managed to fly the Little Willy in, and then get out and look around.

Managed to get a few pics. Apologies for the poor quality.

The room is L shaped. The picture below show around the corner from the large table

IPB Image

The Picture below shows a small table in the middle of the room with a couple of beers on it. The main table on the right with nothing on it, and a small table on the left with a briefcase, and phone on it.

IPB Image

This last picture show the main table with the Little Willy sat next to it, which I used to get in.

IPB Image

I don't recognise it from VCS at all. The only thing I can think of, is it a throwback from VC which they never removed when the ported the map across from the PS2? Of the top of my head I can't remember any cut scenes from VC that had this, but its been a loooonnng time since I last played VC.
pos
Nice work! Thanks for posting pics, Im gonna go and break in myself soon!
-Pos
Korben
QUOTE(pos @ Jan 28 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]1292880[/snapback]

Nice work! Thanks for posting pics, Im gonna go and break in myself soon!
-Pos

Thanks

Its taken some time, but this game is beginning to show a little promise after all.
Qdeathstar
I dont ever remember seing this before. Very interesting, I'll pop in my ole vice city DVD 2mor0 and see what i can find.
HB~Sauce
Hmm, interesting. maybe they decided to create it for show?
pos
I've just checked out GTA:VC PS2 and there's no glass fronted suite! It looks like it's related to the psp only somehow, unless it was on the PC version of VC?

I guess this is a find then?
-Pos
HB~Sauce
Yeah, I would say so. Good job dude.
pos
My first ever find! Well I'm not going to roll in it, because theres bound to be more than just me who have noticed this. Time to look for more =)

-Pos
HB~Sauce
Haha, When I was doing air rescue missions I saw a penis shaped pool, but I bet its already been found.
Korben
QUOTE(pos @ Jan 31 2007, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1294468[/snapback]

My first ever find! Well I'm not going to roll in it, because theres bound to be more than just me who have noticed this. Time to look for more =)

-Pos

Its all about the finds. I've played every single 3D GTA to date, and have only two to my name (LCS & VCS).

I have not seen your find anywhere else, so I think this is an original. Roll in it while you can. The moment passes quickly tongue.gif

オタク
Hmm.. I'm pretty sure thats the room where you crash the car into for the commercial you film for Reni (the gay coke addict)
Massacre
^Yeah the mission is "Accidents Will Happen."
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 11 2007, 10:48 AM) [snapback]1309348[/snapback]
^Yeah the mission is "Accidents Will Happen."

Ohhhh, that's right! I guess Pos didn't discover it since it was used in a mission. No wonder that interior had breakable glass, you drove through it.
オタク
Yay... so I'm right?
Jimothey
QUOTE(pos @ Jan 28 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1292712[/snapback]
you may notice that a few floors up, there is a glass fronted room that you can see straight into (via helicopter).

QUOTE(tourdepain @ Mar 11 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1309380[/snapback]
No wonder that interior had breakable glass, you drove through it.

doesn't this seem a bit odd? if the room is a few floors up, this would make it rather difficult to drive through it.

Just a small observation smile.gif
killjoy.rujoy?
^^^ the mission where you smash through this window is where you are a stunt driver shooting an action sequence.
You end up jumping your vehicle into this upper floor window.If you don't you fail the mission. ph34r.gif
Jimothey
AHHHHH it all makes sence now.. I've just got VCS so I've not had much time playing it, Still got SA and LCS to complete..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.