Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New York's GTA4 Billboard
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
Updates are at the bottom of the post, last update 10:37 GMT 14/10/07

Adriaan over at GTAForums has recently emailed me to let me know about the huge GTA4 billboard in New York City. It's currently undergoing an update. Perhaps we'll see some new artwork, or maybe there's a release date going to appear on there. We'll let you know when it's finished, although the new image appears to be this artwork of Lola the prostitute. There may be some additional information attached a bit lower down that we haven't seen before though. In any case, after 2 months of nothing, at least there's something happening again in the world of GTA4.

Stay tuned for some site tweaks in the near future which will hopefully improve page loading times, as well as a few small new features to give you something extra to look at.

Well the first half of the wall has been completed, and the wires moved over for the second half. At this point I'd like to thank
NickNormal which is where we have been getting the images from.

Update

New images have been released. the other side has been whitewashed and the art has been added.
how to draw a billboard on the side of a building! the art is printed on some paper, they roll it out a couple feet at a time, line it up, and do a rubbing. sort of like a giant paint by numbers. - NickNormal

13/10/07 No new pictures, but if you'd like to see where the building is you can check it out on Google Street View (though the GTA IV advert is not there)

Another new image up, check out the link below for more

Apparently it looks like there is no new text on the white side, although the graphics look amazing

Update
Another new image or two for you

All images are from NickNormal's blog
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Looking good. Hopefully we'll get a release date with this, or at least some new info...
danthedon
They'll prob just have "coming 2008" or someting similar, but we can hope!
Hardcore Ottoman
This friend of your Psy, you should have him update the billboard by the hour. Maybe be a little excited for once... some suspense.
HotRaper
QUOTE(danthedon @ Oct 9 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]1368248[/snapback]
They'll prob just have "coming 2008" or someting similar, but we can hope!

Yeah I think they'll just write "COMING SOON SPRING 2008"
Nanook
Someone setup a webcam outside this billboard ASAP!
Kamahl
interesting... i hope its actually something new.
Roman
I can smell a new trailer!
Zen
Looks cool.
Qdeathstar
maybe they'll announce the date of the trailer on the billboard.. that would be kinda neat smile.gif
TwoFacedTanner
Its neat how they put those up there...

But...anyway, like some I guess, I'm not expecting much.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
They're taking their sweet ol' time about it.
Sheep
Wonder how much that cost :| Like they need advertising...
Nanook
Just so you all know when I get new images they'll be going on the first post, for example the 2 new ones there now!
Kamahl
we need more pictures to keep this alive :P
DiO
hey, mabe i can be a billboard painter when i grow up!! Jumpy.gif
Nanook
Alrite guys new picture is up, seriously these guys take forever to make a billboard!
danthedon
New picture not working.

Has anyone thought to ask the guys painting the billboard exactly what they've been asked to put up? Maybe we can find out if there's going to be any dates. Unless R* have sworn them to secrecy!
Nanook
QUOTE(danthedon @ Oct 11 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1368809[/snapback]
New picture not working.

Has anyone thought to ask the guys painting the billboard exactly what they've been asked to put up? Maybe we can find out if there's going to be any dates. Unless R* have sworn them to secrecy!

It's working for me, try again?
Psy
QUOTE(danthedon @ Oct 11 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1368809[/snapback]
New picture not working.

Maybe they're not working for Rockstar, maybe they're just amazing graffiti artists! drool.gif
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Faster faster faster faster faster faster faster... sleep4.gif
-spyder-
do you mean this picture nanook?

click

because I cant see no new picture at the top too

I hope they will show us a date!

Kamahl
i can see the pic :S
Nanook
QUOTE(-spyder- @ Oct 11 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]1368870[/snapback]
do you mean this picture nanook?

click

because I cant see no new picture at the top too

I hope they will show us a date!

That's the new one wink.gif
Iced Coke
Nearly done to the part where the date should be shown. We'l soon have the month of release! tongue.gif if its on there that is.
lance wilson
has anyone noticed how the r* text at the bottom has stayed e.ven where they made a new white canvas. at the end of the day this is only a billboard and not an online preview so i'm guessing its just gonna stay the same.

who knows though?? unsure.gif
Hardcore Ottoman
Actually we all notice it but don't wish to believe it or accept it.
Nanook
Another new image for you guys, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting a release date on there sad.gif
HB~Sauce
^ They could wait till the end when the picture is done and then put on a date...
Nanook
Update New images are up again
Kamahl
awww, no release date...
Hardcore Ottoman
There is one more new one with the other half whitewashed. There still could be a release date, but the odds seem greater now.
Nanook
Another new image up for you guys
Nanook
Aaaand another two images for you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.